Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] FSR 3 - Boost your FPS with AMD FidelityFX™ Super Resolution 3.0 (FSR 3) Upscaling

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Alterego-Games, Nov 4, 2022.

?

What would you be willen to pay for AMD FSR 2.0 support

1. 2 - 5 dollar/euro

2. 5 - 10 dollar/euro

3. 10 - 15 dollar/euro

4. 15 + dollar/euro

5. 0 dollar/euro

6. I'm not interested in FSR

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

I think it should be possible, but it would most likely introduce problems with post-processing.

2. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

Hey Q is frame Gen still being developed by you guys?

Alterego-Games likes this.
  3. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

It has been put on hold for a bit over a month due to other hectic deadlines. I hope to be able to continue on it in a few weeks. But no guarantees yet!

blueivy likes this.
  4. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

Cool so do guys have like a roadmap to what still needs to be done with fsr3?

5. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

Well I'm just a 1 man team, I am still posting under Alterego Games, but the plugins are being transfered to my own name as I left the company. But Unity's plugins transfer has a turn around time of about 6 months it seems.

The upscaling part of FSR 3 is released, I'm waiting on the release of AMD's FSR 3.1 update which I hope is an easy update. Then I have to port the source code of the frame gen to compute shaders and figure out a way to actually implement the frame generation in the renderpipelines without hopefully having to edit the source files of URP and HDRP!

6. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

Cool I can wait for frame Gen heard they smooth out the ghosting and stuff really excited about that. :)

7. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

8. Alterego-Games

Alterego-Games

Yeah me too!! Hope FSR 3.1 is awesome!

9. Dominic_TheNakedDev

Dominic_TheNakedDev

Update: From now on both the FSR 3 and DLSS Upscaling for Unity assets are sold under the name of "The Naked Dev". The assets were originally published under Alterego Games because I was still working there back then, but now that I left the company and started my own, I transfered the assets with me.

Nothing changes for current or new customers, the asset will still recieve updates and almost 24/7 support!

New assets and asset updates are to be expected soon!

MagiJedi and Astfgl like this.
  10. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

Hey bought fsr 3 and the asset doesn't really work well with urp TAA.

Dominic_TheNakedDev likes this.
  11. Dominic_TheNakedDev

Dominic_TheNakedDev

FSR 3 has it’s own built-in TAA, so you should disable all other AA for the best visual fidelity and stability!!

12. TyGameHead

TyGameHead

Oh ok but there is a problem with the pro processing for built in, urp, and beautify it seems the color adjustment doesn't work well it either.

Dominic_TheNakedDev likes this.
  13. Dominic_TheNakedDev

Dominic_TheNakedDev

FSR has been fully tested with the default PostProcessing in BIRP and URP and should all work(in birp you should use the edited PP package for the best results).

Beautify has also been confirmed to work, there is a toggle called “direct to target” (or something like that) which you can play with to get better results.