Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Assets [RELEASED] FSM AI Template by Invector

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Invector, Jul 12, 2018.

1. zenGarden

zenGarden

It doesn't open in my computer.
    Could you make a standard "zip" instead of "rar" ?

2. mukki014

mukki014

Ai template Integration with Ufps? if yes then how ?

3. cheesee09

cheesee09

How can I apply sword attack visual fx like cracking ground when the sword hit the ground

4. cheesee09

cheesee09

How can I add a specific behavior to play an animation? Example: if ai health < 50 play <jump to player attack animation>

5. zenGarden

zenGarden

Are additional AI packages coming ?

6. Invector

Invector

Hmm we did a very simple integration a while ago, but now that they released a big update I think we will need to revisit this integration

Sure, there are several ways to do that... for example a hitbox on your weapon that triggers a particle when colliding with something specific.

You can make a verification to switch your attack behaviors when the health is lower than 50

We're still exploring some options, but yeah in the future we have plans to release specific behaviors pack ;)

7. zenGarden

zenGarden

Yeah, the plugin i think needs more polish.
    In the videos tutorials i found having to enter event names on fields in many places was not great , while it could be instead creating some scriptable object and use it instead of entering event names for example.
    I think there is place for simplification with some fields directly reference another object.

Anyway, good work and i hope we'll get some great video showcasing some real game demo using the FSM AI plugin.
    Perhaps something better optimized and perhaps more ai behaviours than this one

8. cheesee09

cheesee09

My invector tpc player doesn't receive damage when blocking emerald ai attacks and is there a tutorial for ranged generic ai? I'm making a dragon boss in my project and I don't know how to make an ranged generic ai

9. mukki014

mukki014

Oh come on dude. I know cover shooter template has good ai but it is no better in terms of simplicity as compared to imvector . In invector you can just drop the model and choose animator and it's all done automatically .
    Also cover template isn't modular .
    But Invector AI is.

zenGarden likes this.
  10. mukki014

mukki014

Have you tried the official integration from emerald ai documentation?

11. zenGarden

zenGarden

I don't like one thing is events declaration while it could be a scriptable object with a name variable.
    About Invector AI, indeed it is lot better and modular.
    The video i posted is about the ai packages to give ideas about what great package we could have with similar ai characters.

mukki014 likes this.
  12. mukki014

mukki014

I can understand what do you want to convey. Well for me event is the best thing because I'm a non coder person and more of a designer so by using events I can make use of simple events trigger to call the function and make interaction and logic hope you understand .

13. zenGarden

zenGarden

Create events name using Scriptable objects, this is what i mean.
    Things will be better , when you see all your events as Scriptable objects with a name, you know what is going on about your ai.

14. mukki014

mukki014

Yeah. I've to look for scriptable object by myself. Because I don't know what they are. You must be right then .

15. zenGarden

zenGarden

FSM is good , but Behaviour Tree would have been a better choice.
    This new ai system looks lot more easy to use and understand.
    Some highlights
    - Unit (character) Factory
    - Modelling of character (Perception, Motion, Resources, Ragdoll management, Skills (stackable!), Properties, Events, Waypoints, Death, Memory (of the character), Motion, Health, Inventory mgmt, Items, projectiles, Agent pools (spawning prefabs), Audio management...
    - Support for Mecanim and Legacy,
    - Randomisation in the behaviour transitions/choices
    - Noise Maker

16. Invector

Invector

vAnimatorEvents & vAnimatorEventsReceiver

Video Preview of the new feature included on the Shooter Template version 1.3.0 (also included on Basic & Melee Templates versions 2.4.0, and also AI Template) that is coming next week to the AssetStore and vStore.

The vAnimatorEvents will make your life A LOT easier to trigger particles, sounds, call methods, anything an Event can do, from an AnimatorState directly from the AnimatorController!

magique likes this.
  17. Cell_Unity

Cell_Unity

Is, there companion AI shooter ? which follows player, just for shooting

18. Invector

Invector

Not yet but soon :)

19. zenGarden

zenGarden

What is the difference between those ?
    Will it be a standalone demo like tps cover demo plugin that would have many different ai in the game to showcase how well it works ?

20. Cassos

Cassos

Is it possible to make different factions? I want to make three clans which fight each other and stay in different behaviors to the player. Like Clan1 likes him but Clan2 hates him. Clan 2 and Clan1 fight each other while Clan 3 stays next to them and doesn't care.

21. Invector

Invector

Hey guys, just a head's up if you want to use the AI Template version 0.3 with the Third Person Template, you will need the latest update which is 2.4.0 for Basic & Melee and Shooter 1.3.0 which is not yet available in the AssetStore due to a delay on their part to approve the new updates, it should be available soon though.

22. Invector

Invector

You can check the changelog here:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/2129/basic-melee-v2-shooter-v1

Sure, just use different Tags to identify them

23. zenGarden

zenGarden

24. Deleted User

Deleted User

WOW! I almost never use assets, preferring to do things myself. I got in to implementing my own FSM based AI and then I found this. I did a double take when I realized I don't know why I don't just use assets. This is great, Invector!

Invector likes this.
  25. mrlovechild

mrlovechild

When I add any of my @Invector script component to my Player I get "
    NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    Invector.vShooter.vShooterManager.Start () (at Assets/Invector-3rdPersonController/Shooter/Scripts/Shooter/vShooterManager.cs:115) "

Can you explain How do I get the scripts to work with my project. Can you make a script to Integrate ActionRPG Framework ( https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/templates/packs/action-rpg-framework-31419 ) with Invector.? What things do I need to get it working.? Thanks in advance..

26. mukki014

mukki014

Have you found a way to integrate it with ufps ? Thank you .
    Or with advance sniper kit because it has bullet cam .

27. Invector

Invector

The components of the AI Template won't work on your Player unless it's an Invector Third Person Template, any other system you should expect an error.
    Basically you need to create a bridge to apply damage, the easier way would be by adding a vObjectDamage component in your weapon.

We did a very simple integration and it worked, I will ask the developer for the last version to create a more interesting integration soon.

mukki014 likes this.
  28. mukki014

mukki014

We did a very simple integration and it worked, I will ask the developer for the last version to create a more interesting integration soon.[/QUOTE]
    Thank you

29. Bruv

Bruv

I have recently updated my Basic and Melee to v 2.4 and I have the latest AI Template. I've noticed you no longer use the AI animator controllers and they are all just basic, or melee, or shooter controllers that are used for Player *and* AI characters. In my project I have several Generic AI characters (spiders etc.) which had there own AI controllers that I produced as you demonstrated in your YouTube video Tutorial #13 and #14. These old AI controllers made before v2.4 no longer work correctly and an error appears as soon as the generic character is activated ( Parameter 'Hash - 887301536' does not exist ). Do I now have to rebuild all my generic characters (including all the fiddly animation changes) and does Tutorial #13 and #14 still apply?

30. dinaloraven234

dinaloraven234

Hi @Invector my ai doesn't go to patrol points. It only goes to waypoints that I created. How to fix it or there's something that I didn't do to make it go to the patrol points once I reaches the waypoint

31. ArkadiuszR

ArkadiuszR

Eh, I still have problem to fast use FSM. I always using tree :( I'm still looking why is better but i can't find. It's not intuitive! I need do much click/moves to see "what if". And this is my bigest issue for that system.

32. mukki014

mukki014

Hi will third person melee template can be use for hack and slash type of games ?

33. Invector

Invector

nothingAD and sjm-tech like this.
  34. nothingAD

nothingAD

Hey @Invector first off thank you for your amazing work with the ThirdPerson Controller, the whole asset is so versatile and works perfect!
    Unity 2019.1 is finally released and i just want to ask if the ThirdPersonController works with the new Unity version?
    Keep up the good work and again thank you.

35. Invector

Invector

So far so good! you just need to change the Rigidbody Collision Mode from Continuous Detection to Unity's new mode Speculative, otherwise the editor will keep giving you some warnings ;)

nothingAD likes this.
  36. Invector

Invector

[SHOOTER TEMPLATE] is currently at 50% OFF at the AssetStore,
    make sure to grab before it ends!

The Shooter Template already includes all the features from the Basic & Melee ;)

[FSM AI] is also at 50% OFF

It works as Standalone for an FPS Project and also works great with Invector Third Person Templates!

37. Invector

Invector

FSM AI HOTFIX FOR 2019.1

Hey guys!

Some of you may notice an unusual bug on 2019.1, the editor is not drawing the '+' button to add new Decisions.

For some reason the line GUILayout.FlexibleSpace(); is not working on Unity 2019.1, to fix that you will need to open the script vSimpleNodeEditor and add the line GUILayout.Space(20); after line 48, to manually add some space to draw the button.

This will allow the Editor to be drawn in the inspector.

This should be fixed on the next update, but since it's an easy fix we're posting here for you guys that are using 2019.1

38. magique

magique

Eliot is neither easier to use nor understand. And it is very slow compared to Invector AI. I purchased Eliot just a few days ago and gave it a try. Creating an AI was more complicated and the results were super slow. My frame rate dropped far below an acceptable rate whereas Invector is keeping things within budget with more AI on screen.

39. magique

magique

@Invector I have an issue that I posted in the official forums back in November and also I e-mailed recently about it, but I've never received any response. The issue is a blocker for my game and I really need some help. Can someone please check the pro board forums and e-mail for the issue I'm referring to. It's regarding resetting AI for pooling systems.

40. MangeyD

MangeyD

I am a big fan of the whole Invector framework and even though I had made good progress integrating Emerald AI into one of my projects I decided to grab Invector AI and give it a go. I have an issue at the moment which may be something that I have done wrong but my AI behaves oddly following waypoints. It appears to follow them but it spins 360 degrees a lot while it is moving through the waypoints. I am not sure what is causing this and wanted to know if anyone has seen this behaviour and has some things for me to look at in order to fix it.

Thanks

41. Invector

Invector

I actually saw this post, it's about reseting the AI right? I'm talking to my partner to figure out a quick easy way to do that, will post the solution there for you.

Did you bake the navmesh? also, check your stopping distance values (compare to the values used in the AI prefabs that are working in the demo scene)

42. magique

magique

Thank you so much. I was beginning to think no one was listening on this issue. It's absolutely crucial. My game is always broken because of this. As soon as I hit my pool limit then AI go crazy. So for testing, I just make the pool very high, but then that eats up more memory.

43. MangeyD

MangeyD

Navmesh is baked and the AI is walking ok on it... just turning circles now and then as it goes. I will check the stopping distances and may just create a new waypoint area and start again as I probably have just stuffed something up

EDIT
    I think I had a problem with my Navmesh. Re-baked it and all is good now :)

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  44. zenGarden

zenGarden

Perhaps the framework is slow or the nodes, but possibilities seemed unlimited like most BT systems.

I think plugins with prooven with performance from start, like NodeCanvas or Behaviour Designer stays the best, but they are not out of the box solution for your game, you must create your own custom actions and optimized for ciritical performance things like raycasts evaluations queued and running per tick.

There are some new ones very interesting , but like always there is some downsides.

Sometimes, all work you waste trying to make some plugin working your own way for your custom ai need and trying to get rid of bugs, you would have already created your own ai with NodeCanvas, Behavior Designer or coding your own modular scripts ai system.

Anyway, how is progressing your game ?

Last edited: May 28, 2019
  45. magique

magique

My RPG game is finally coming along really well. Hopefully, it'll be out this year.

Invector and zenGarden like this.
  46. xibanya

xibanya

Please help, this is driving me insane -- is there ANY way to scroll or pan or anything on the FSM behavior editor? Also is there any way to zoom in or out? I can't find anything about it here https://www.invector.xyz/aidocumentation

Additionally I can't figure out how to add actions or decisions or anything like that to new nodes. They don't have the + signs that the ones from the example decision trees have.

Maybe this is an editor bug. I've opened this asset in a Unity 2019.1.0f2 project, a 2019.3.0a3 project, and a 2018.3.0f2 project, and I have never been able to see the + sign for adding more actions, which makes this somewhat unusable.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
  47. Invector

Invector

Check this post:
    http://invector.proboards.com/thread/2465/fsm-ai-hotfix-2019-1

xibanya likes this.
  48. xibanya

xibanya

Thanks -- also is there a way to pan the view and/or zoom?

49. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

Went ahead and bought the FSM ai to use in my VR game and I have a few questions. Is there a tutorial that I can view that may help me setup my VR enemy ai to attack the player? Also, I've managed to get a basic setup but it seems the enemy keeps looking up to the VR agent. Also it doesn't seem to want to attack at any speed just kind of stand there and stare at you occasionally taking a swing all the while stepping right into your face. Is there a way for the enemy to approach the VR agent and start attacking instead of just looking at you? And maintain a personal space distance instead of trying to kiss you?

50. beowulfkaine

beowulfkaine

I'm having a devil of a time trying to get swords to apply damage and not go through object or enemy AI, anyone know how to fix this or set this up?