Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] [FREE] Vertex Painter 2.0, paint on mesh instances, splat map shaders, Flow maps, AO, etc

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by jbooth, Feb 8, 2016.

1. jbooth

jbooth

You need to bake out the mesh using the Save Mesh utility in the Utilities panel of the painter. Basically, right now you have the same mesh with 3 additional vertex streams, so it ends up instancing one of them. The Save Mesh utility will bake the data from the additional vertex stream into a new mesh, which will instance properly. Note that once this is done they will be 3 different meshes, and won't instance as one draw call- but will be combinable for static batching systems and will not need new SetPass calls.

ZackTwisted likes this.
  2. ZackTwisted

ZackTwisted

Thanks a lot, I was thinking this was going to be the only way around. I'll do as you said. Awesome tool by the way!

3. hoyoyo80

hoyoyo80

i used this tool before a lot especially the random function.But since 2020 version, it dont work.