Search Unity

RELEASED FLOWFIRE Super Sampling SSAA - Visually best Anti Aliasing!

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Flow-Fire-Games, Jun 11, 2015.

1. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Great to hear, hf!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. zelmund

zelmund

hi there
    have an error if i use SESSAO asset wit ssaa

flags < (1 << kHideFlagsBits)
    UnityEngine.Object:set_hideFlags(HideFlags)
    SSAA.internal_SSAA:StartSSAA()
    SSAA.internal_SSAA:Update()

have any idea how to fix that?

3. zelmund

zelmund

after update to 1.3 i getting this error

MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Camera.get_pixelWidth'.
    UnityEngine.GameObject:AddComponent()
    SuperSampling_SSAA:OnEnable() (at Assets/Super Sampling (SSAA)/SuperSampling_SSAA.cs:19)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:InspectorWindowDrag(Object[], Boolean)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

4. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Hello Zelmund,
    Which version of unity are you using?

5. zelmund

zelmund

im using unity 4.6

6. jonfinlay

jonfinlay

While the camera effect is working fine now, I'm still getting this error message.

GetRenderManager().GetCurrentCameraPtr() == m_Context->m_Camera

It's definitely related to this asset because it only appears when I activate it, however it doesn't stop the game from running.

7. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

We are currently working on the next bugfixing update, we hope to resolve those current leftover issues with that patch
    so everything runs perfectly all around.

8. gurayg

gurayg

Hi,
    I asked previous if SSAA results in a LDR image or is it HDR all the way?
    You said you'll check with Alex.
    Do you have the answer now.
    Thanks

9. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

I just checked and In our current build it uses a 32 bit HDR rendertexture, it may be that this was not the case for the previous versions. It will certainly use it as of the next fixing update which is out soon. : )

Edit: Update live

Last edited: Nov 25, 2015
  10. cybermad64

cybermad64

Hi,

We also have the same issue : MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'UnityEngine.Camera.get_pixelWidth'.
    We are on Unity 4.3.0. And it work fine on Unity 5. So it's probably just because you are calling a function that doesn't exist anymore or that is depreciated.

Waiting for your fix.

Also, is there a way to get your full source code ?

Thanks.

11. Ironmark

Ironmark

Do you plan on fixing the problem or should we ask for a refund ? Your add on is not working in unity 4 as advertised and we need something working quickly for our release this week.

12. cybermad64

cybermad64

Would it be possible to download version 1.2 until you fix version 1.3? I would like to release some renders of our project (75 000 frames) for the end of the week, Sooner I can get your script running, sooner I can start them. I bought version 1.3 but I have no clue if there's link to the 1.2 package. Thanks a lot.

13. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

@cybermad64 @Ironmark,
    Due to delays with another package the fixing update for SSAA is delayed as well. The fix for Unity 4 is ready, if you want to skip Unity approval process, just write us a mail to flowfire@inbox.com and we will send you the updated package already.

Best regards

Edit: The Fix (v 1.3.1) is live.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  14. zelmund

zelmund

thx. need U4 version too. haardly. project must release in 2 days with no aliasing.

15. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

I'm curious.. are some of the latest mobile devices like iPhone 6-6s able to run this? Now that Apple is using Metal.

16. zelmund

zelmund

hi.
    any news with fix for viewport rect for unity4 ?

17. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

The hotfix for the Unity 4 bug is already live for some days. Sorry for the late reply.
    @PyroStudios you can scale it as much as you want or even negatively, it just depends on how much you want to use
    and how much budget your game has left to make your expectations happen.
    @zelmund I'm guessing you are using multiple Cameras for different areas of your view? We'll look into it and work something out as soon as possible

Last edited: Nov 1, 2015
  18. zelmund

zelmund

thats correct. have 3 cameras with different viewport rect and so on.

19. Acheros

Acheros

Hey guys, I'm trying to change the resolution scale with my own ingame GUI instead of the inspector panel.
    While the inspector slider works fine, executing the following code doesn't have any effect:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var ssaaComponent = Camera.main.GetComponent<SuperSampling_SSAA>();
    2. ssaaComponent.enabled = true;
    3. ssaaComponent.unlocked = true;
    4. ssaaComponent.Scale = 2.5f; //other values like 1.5f also don't work
    Any hints on how to change the resolution multiplier in a script? Thanks.

20. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

@Acheros - The Scale variable of the SuperSampling_SSAA script is only for the Unity Serializer.
    To apply the scale of SSAA simply add:

Code (CSharp):
    1. SSAA.internal_SSAA.ChangeScale(ssaaComponent.Scale);
    You can see how it's done in the SuperSampling_SSAA script.

Acheros likes this.
  21. MMontini

MMontini

Hi,
    sorry in advance for my English.
    Yesterday I bought a license, but I have a problem with some of my scripts, when I place SSAA in my camera for example, the script placed on an object of my scene stops working.

Code (CSharp):
    1. using UnityEngine;
    2. using System.Collections;
    4. public class mouseDrag : MonoBehaviour {
    5.     void OnMouseDown(){
    6.         Debug.Log ("down");
    7.     }
    9.     void OnMouseDrag(){
    10.         Debug.Log ("drag");
    11.     }
    12. }
    if you press the mouse button with SSAA active on my camera nothing is printed on the console, but if I disable the prints are done correctly.
    how can I solve it?

Sel likes this.
  22. mensch-mueller

mensch-mueller

Hi,
    Had the same problems, mouse interactions with collider stopped working for me too! When i disable SSAA, it works correctly. This should be fixed!

Cheers
    Michael

Sel likes this.
  23. MS80

MS80

Hi, I really can recommend Super Sampling SSAA, but unfortunatly it does not support DK2.
    The assetstore description says it has oculus dk2 support, but this is not true.

Adding SSAA to the camera results in a black screen!
    =>Unity 5.2.3f1, SSAA 1.3.1 (Win764bit, GTX680)

Can this be fixed? Anyone using it with DK2?

24. wetcircuit

wetcircuit

I have a dumb question: does it matter where I put SSAA in the component stack?

25. olavrv

olavrv

SSAA Version: 1.3.1 (Oct 28, 2015) does not work on VR builds on 5.1.3f1 and newer builds (there is no AA effect)

Can you please help with this.

26. MS80

MS80

1+
    I could really really need SSAA in VR builds!I know it's damn expensive, still a good option to ged rid of those ugly aliasing issues!

27. irwit

irwit

Hi

Apologies if I'm doing something stupid here but I cant get this working or at least it doesn't seem to be doing anything?

So I start a new unity scene.

Create a few cubes

Select my camera

Drag the script into it, no errors, I get the full GUI.

However in my game view I get no change turning on or off, even at 4X there is no change toi the image in the game view.

Am I doing something wrong?

Unity 5.2.2 personal. 64 bit windows 7

Any help would be hugely appreciated as I'm getting nowhere with this?

Thanks

Will.

28. MS80

MS80

Did you press "Play"? The effect is not visible in the editor, only when you are in play-mode!

29. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

@mensch.mueller Due to how Unity is built, we had to make a decision to either disregard default Unity mouse enter or have pretty much every other input and pixel based-raycast skewed (you would have an offset). Unfortunaly now you will have to write your own MouseEnter/Drag etc code.

@MS80 @olavrv SSAA supports the Oculus Rift Integration for Unity (The one given by Oculus), using it works as intended. We are working however with Unity to get their Unity Native VR to work as well, though we can't announce an ETA at the moment. We corrected the asset store description accordingly to specify this.

@wetcircuit You can place it anywhere in the stack. SSAA is no post effect and has a fixed spot in the rendering pipeline. Certain post effects should be in correct order, such as tonemapping or color grading.

@irwit You have to press play for it to work, make sure to have it on the correct camera too.

Best regards!

Last edited: Nov 27, 2015
    irwit likes this.
  30. MS80

MS80

Thanks for clarifying, looking forward to native VR support!

31. jjason08

jjason08

ok, so using Unity 5.2.1 and i am experiencing a few problems.
    When I click the settings and change from near neighbor to bilinear high, or any other settings and click play or build, the settings more often then not change back to near neighbor. I have changed a bunch of different settings and tried to figure it out and i cannot.
    Any ideas?

32. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Did you change the settings while in play mode ? If you exit play mode, Unity will revert settings you made in play mode.

33. jjason08

jjason08

Yes i am aware of the play mode settings revert, this is not what is happening.
    I set the settings before play mode and then they change themselves after i hit play, or after i make builds

34. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

That sounds odd, we will look into this, thanks for the report.

35. Polygans

Polygans

Hi Flow Fire, when using the script the camera image gets flipped vertically. Any idea how I can fix that?

36. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

That is a general unity issue, It is some sort of conflict with Direct X / post effects / scripts on the camera unrelated to SSAA. Make sure MSAA is turned off in your settings, maybe try switching camera scripts in positions, SSAA should not be the cause of it, likely one of the other camera scripts. If if still does not work, let us know.

37. jjason08

jjason08

Is there any headway on this situation?

38. irwit

irwit

Thanks, it works now and looks awesome!

39. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

@irwit - Great!

@jjason08 - We could not reproduce that, do you have the latest version ? This was an issue in our very early versions. Probably deleting it and downloading it again will solve it. If it still persists then we will have a deeper look.

40. Haagndaaz

Haagndaaz

Are mouse interactions still disabled with this image effect? Because that would be a deal breaker for me

41. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

Only the Unity default mouse leave/enter functions is not possible due to how it is made, other mouse based code works. There are various ways of doing the same thing however.
    Best regards,

42. govi627

govi627

Hey your AA looks great, but I have a question before I purchase. Does it work on Orthographic cameras?

43. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

@govi627 Yes, everything works fine in Orthographic as well.
    Best

44. Lex4art

Lex4art

Bought SSAA today at own risk (i'm using Unity v5.3.0) - unfortunately SSAA not working here (there no errors or warnings in console, but then i hit "Save .PNG screenshot" button - screenshot did not contain any AA at all...

It's not critical for me now, but if this problem confirmed - please add fixed version for Unity v5.3...

45. Flow-Fire-Games

Flow-Fire-Games

It must be something else, I just tested it with the latest release (5.3.1f1) and everything works as intended.
    Keep in mind that SSAA only works in Play Mode. If you suspect something else is wrong please provide us more informations about your setup (screenshots of your Camera Inspector etc) at flowfire@inbox.com

Lex4art likes this.
  46. Lex4art

Lex4art

Thanks for response - yes, my problem was in using Game mode instead of Play Mode. Now all works fine ).

47. xenius

xenius

@Flow Fire Games : I think there's still a bug in the filter mode serialization. I keep having it revert back to Nearest Neighbor filtering mode. Sometimes coming out of play mode, sometimes when pushing a build. It's not 100% consistent, so it's super confusing.

Stormbreaker likes this.
  48. Stormbreaker

Stormbreaker

I'm having the same issue as xenius. I worked around this by forcing the filter mode at runtime in a script. Not ideal but it works.

49. sumpfkraut

sumpfkraut

50. Tiny-Man

Tiny-Man

SSAO is a screen space effect and thus is greatly affected by the amount of pixels rendered. When super sampling you're essentially increasing the amount of pixels being rendering and than downsampling after thus making it have a greater impact on effects such as SSR and SSAO