Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[Released] Flight Kit - arkade-style flight simulator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dustyroom, Feb 9, 2016.

1. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Hi,

I have a serious problem: II can't change any of the values in the aeroplane controller. I tried with playmaker to set floats (like engine power), I see in the FSM it sets the float but it wont change the engine power. No matter which of the options I choose, the value I fill in bbefore starting the game is set in stone. Any Idea? Also is there an option to change the throttle manually with controllers?

GameJob2017 likes this.
  2. AlphaBelaraby

AlphaBelaraby

no answer from support as it seems

GameJob2017 likes this.
  3. GameJob2017

GameJob2017

I built the original scene GamePlay1 for Android, but it does not run as smoothly as your original APK provided on the asset store for demo. Would you please show me how to make it smooth ? Is there any parameter that I need to adjust ?

4. lolclol

lolclol

whats the music name ?

5. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

This is an original soundtrack for this game kit. So, it is called Flight Kit OST.

lolclol likes this.
  6. lolclol

lolclol

it feels so relaxed. I like it.

7. kdub025

kdub025

Just bought Flight Kit, but when I try to run one of the scenes I get ArgumentException: Input Axis Roll is not setup. There are more Inputs that aren't set up. When I look in the Input Manager, it just shows the standard Axes. Is there a way I can import a working Input Manager asset into my project?

8. scottrogers

scottrogers

For some reason when I preview game in the editor the controls for desktop build target (windows Mac) don't work. The plane just sits on the platform. is there something beyond changing the build target and disabling mobile input required to make this work?

9. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi,
    You also need to disable mobile input in Unity: Mobile Input -> Disable.

10. scottrogers

scottrogers

Thanks, I should have mentioned that I did disable Mobile Input. For some reason I can't get desktop controls to work.

11. nickz

nickz

12. vamky

vamky

Hi:

Does this asset support unity 2018.3 official release? Want to make sure it does before buying.

13. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi! Yes, Flight Kit works with Unity 2018.2 and 2018.3 out of the box. We also just submitted an update for those versions of Unity. Please allow for about a week for Unity to review it, or drop us a message and we'll give you a link right away.

14. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

This error means that you're using an axis not set up in the Input manager. We are looking into replacing the CrossPlatformInput package, but regardless of what we use the Inputs need to be correctly set up for airplane controls.

To fix the error, please make sure that your Input Axes (Edit -> Project Settings -> Input) are set up as described in the documentation (section Standalone & Mobile Controls). If you are importing the asset as a new project, this should not be needed.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2018
  15. funkytomato

funkytomato

Hi. I can't seem to find a contact address for the developers, so here goes, fingers crossed for an answer soon...

I have FlightKit setup, all is working great, love it.

But I want to access the velocity of my aircraft from another script, so I did ...

GameObject player = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("Player");
    Rigidbody targetRb = player.GetComponent<Rigidbody>();
    Debug.Log("Aircraft velocity: " + targetRB.velocity;

My aircraft colliders' tag have all been set to Player as specified in the documentation, but the code always returns a null. If I look in the debug inspector all the colliders and rigid bodies are "deprecated".

I'm a one month old Unity developer, so it's quite possible I'm going about this all wrong! Surely it's easy to access the velocity???

By the way, I am trying to access the aircraft from a Finite State Machine script if that makes any difference?

16. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi! Thanks for using Flight Kit!

It seems you may have more than one object with tag "Player" on the scene. Instead of searching the player by tag, you can always find them by a script or the name. Please replace your code from above with this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. var userControl = FindObjectOfType<AirplaneUserControl>();
    2. Rigidbody targetRb = userControl.GetComponent<Rigidbody>();
    3. Debug.Log("Aircraft velocity: " + targetRb.velocity);
    Please also keep in mind that velocity is a vector value. If you are looking for speed, which is scalar, use targetRb.velocity.magnitude.

17. funkytomato

funkytomato

Awesome, thank you very much! Problem resolved

18. funkytomato

funkytomato

Yes, it does all except you need to add code to the animator state machine for each function, taxi, takeoff, land, flight etc...

19. funkytomato

funkytomato

Awesome. Working thanks

20. lomaikabini

lomaikabini

can't run a project because of axis, getting this error:

ArgumentException: Input Button Brakes is not setup.
    To change the input settings use: Edit -> Settings -> Input

Does somebody know how this axis should look like?Had the same issue with Yaw, Roll, Pitch and found solution in this doc: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit-manual/ but nothing about Brakes

Last edited: Apr 25, 2019
  21. funkytomato

funkytomato

I am using Weather Maker and Flight Kit together and would like to apply wind forces to the Flight Kit aircraft. Currently I am applying wind forces like so:

void Start()
    {

GameObject weatherMakerControllerObject = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("WeatherMaker");
    if (weatherMakerControllerObject != null)
    {
    weatherMakerScript = weatherMakerControllerObject.gameObject.GetComponent<WeatherMakerScript>();

GameObject windObject = GameObject.FindGameObjectWithTag("WeatherMakerWind");
    if (windObject != null)
    {
    weatherMakerWindController = windObject.GetComponent<WeatherMakerWindScript>();
    }
    else
    {
    Debug.Log("Cannot find WeatherMakerWind script");
    }

windZone = windObject.GetComponent<WindZone>();

}
    if (weatherMakerWindController == null)
    {
    Debug.Log("Cannot find 'WeatherMaker' script");
    }

//FlightKit rigidbody
    var userControl = FindObjectOfType<AirplaneUserControl>();
    myRigidbody = userControl.GetComponent<Rigidbody>();
    }

void Update()
    {
    windTurbulence = weatherMakerWindController.WindIntensity * windZone.windTurbulence;

currentWindVelocity = weatherMakerWindController.CurrentWindVelocity;
    windPower = currentWindVelocity * windTurbulence;
    windForce = windPower * windZone.windMain;
    }

private void FixedUpdate()
    {
    Debug.Log("WindForce: " + windForce);
    myRigidbody.AddForce(windForce, ForceMode.Impulse);
    }

This sort of works, but not very realistic. Has anyone achieved a successful simulation of wind forces on the Flight Kit rigid body?

22. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we've updated http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit-manual/ to include the brakes input setup.

23. Markom1989

Markom1989

Hello
    I have this issue
    "ArgumentException: Input Axis Roll is not setup."

I tried to set up axes in, Edit -> Settings -> Input ,but input manu ,does not showing axes , Pitch,Roll,Yaw???

Could you please help me whit thiss issue,iy is very urgent???
    Many tnx

FunkyBuddha likes this.
  24. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi,

You need to add the Roll, Pitch and Yaw items to the 'Axis' array in the Input manager. To add an item you can either increase the value of 'Size' field in the Input Manager settings, or right-click any existing item and select 'Duplicate Array Element'.

We've uploaded screenshots of the process here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1se94lDAT-54PFO4zoZUQYoH3V6R8TZql

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
  25. sgauc

sgauc

Hi Dustyroom,

Thank you for the amazing product.

I am trying to convert the movement to 2-dimensional, restricting the player only on X and Z space (Just yaw, no roll or pitch).

While removing the equivalent input from the scripts helps, I'm noticing that the airplane does move upwards on Y axis occasionally and without any input, even more so when you apply yaw. Freezing Y position from the inspector on the airplane game object (under AirplaneCameraRig) does help but there is still a small deviation which, in the long run, has a significant difference in Y.

Tried forcing Y position but the airplane starts moving "randomly".

Is it possible to freeze Y completely?

Thank you so much.

26. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

One thing to check is that you have all the airplane properties that can influence pitch set to zero.
    On the `AeroplaneController` component please zero-out things like Lift, PitchEffect, Aerodynamics, AutoPitchLevel etc.

27. Tuikkumatonen

Tuikkumatonen

Hey! I'd like to play around with the demos a bit, but it seems they're not available anymore. Is there a way to play with them before purchasing?

28. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Thanks for reporting, we fixed the links.

29. zblackvision

zblackvision

Hey
    The documentation isn't available anymore? Where is it now? I want to buy it but I need a documentation.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
  30. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

31. Landerx

Landerx

I have looked everywhere for your contact email like almost every kit provider has on unity and couldn't find yours. so here we are, i dont want my requests public so please do something about it and provide an email or a way to contact you. the unity ads integration doesnt work. in the ads script there's no way to specify game id's etc. if there's a way please let me know cos the online manual is very basic.

32. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi, if you click on any publisher's name (in our case it's Dustyroom), you should be able to see the email on the left side of the screen under the logo (please, see the screenshot below).
    asset-store-dr-contact-email.png
    If you still can't find it, it is info@dustyroom.com. When contacting, please don't forget to add all the details about your setup like the version numbers of the software you are using.

33. iichiversii

iichiversii

I just came across this asset and I love the demo, great job, I am curious to know if this asset is compatible with the Oculus Quest 2?