Search Unity

[Released] Flight Kit - arkade-style flight simulator

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Dustyroom, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Feaures

• Includes shaders from COLR - a set of custom shaders for full control of colors.
    • Optimized for performance. Runs smoothly on mobile and WebGL.
    • Flexible airplane controls with quick button switch and three presets.
    • Based on Unity's Aeroplane Controller which makes it compatible with everything included in the Standard Assets.
    • Cool visual style that can be reused in any game.
    • Designed to easily create new levels from included assets.

Asset Store page.

How-to: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit-manual/
    Code reference: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit/api/
    Demo 1: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit/demo1
    Demo 2: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit/demo2

Last edited: May 25, 2016
    _invalidusername likes this.
  2. kiven7l

kiven7l

i will buy it if you make it game over option and some levels also version for android because like that looking bored

3. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Keep an eye on updates!

4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Looks great. Online Documentation is a littlebit thin. Can you please make a video and show how to make a new level? Thanks!

5. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Okay, we'll try to do it this week.

6. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

We've added videos showing how to make a new level and switch between standalone and mobile:
    http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit-manual/

pushingpandas likes this.
  7. kilik128

kilik128

apk link is dead
    shader working on mobile shade model 2 ?

8. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Fixed. Thanks for spotting that!
    Download APK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ohpu10cngi4k0d8/FlightKit.apk?dl=0
    The shaders work with Shader Model 2 and up, which covers pretty much all hardware.
    It's been tested on a high-end Android device and a low-end iOS device.

9. ultoor

ultoor

everything is great but maybe you can add time trial to levels for push the player :) im looking for the next updates

10. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Thanks for suggestion! We are working on a new level for the next update.

11. Skyfly

Skyfly

I love the soundtrack. Did you do it yourself? Any chance of getting something like that for everloop?

12. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Thank you Skyfly. Yes, it's our production. As Everloop is an ambient music kit, an upbeat piece like this won't fit it. So we are honing the idea of making a rhythmic music asset with non-linear behavior.

13. Skyfly

Skyfly

That would be awesome. All your soundcloud stuff is.

14. Aight

Aight

Hi there, I saw that the new update announced at YouTube channel, but I'm still getting the v.1.1.5. when trying to download.

15. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

The new version has been submitted for Asset Store review on March 23. It takes 1-2 weeks to get in the store.
    P.S. Here is the video in question:

16. Aight

Aight

Thank you for the notification. I am also noticed that when level completed user cannot restart the level again. It says StartLevelController is destroyed. I'm quite newbie, so... :) Sorry if it is a simple solution thing.

17. Colbyh

Colbyh

I followed the instruction to turn on Unity Ads and uncheck the box 'Bypass Ads Provider' on the game object 'Levelscripts' in the Hierarchy view and now receiving this error (please see attachment) 'Assets/Flight C'hi/FlightKit/Scripts/Ads/UnityAdsProvider.cs(29,41): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `ShowResult' could not be found. Are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?' I've attached a screenshot of the script with the error too.

Any help you can provide in resolving this error would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Colby
    www.PalladiumApps.com

Attached Files:

18. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi Colby,

To fix this please add this line at the top of the file that produces the error (Assets/Flight C'hi/FlightKit/Scripts/Ads/UnityAdsProvider.cs):

using UnityEngine.Advertisements;

This issue will be fixed in the upcoming update.

Last edited: May 15, 2016
  19. khos85

khos85

With your asset, can you taxi the airplane, fly it , land it? or is just flying?

20. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

For the simplicity of controls, it's only taking off and flying. Although, of course you can reduce the lift force in your code when the airplane is approaching ground which will make it land and taxi.

21. khos85

khos85

Thanks, is there a video or doc that I can view to see the options for eg a script that you might have, I'd like to get a better understanding if your asset is suitable for a radio control flight simulator I am making. Many thanks.

22. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

I_hope_Unity_DIES likes this.
  23. khos85

khos85

24. Colbyh

Colbyh

Thank you! I'll try that. What a great and fast response.
    *Update: It works. Thanks so much.

Last edited: May 16, 2016
  25. Colbyh

Colbyh

I can't find the video on how to make additional levels in the online manual. Please point me to it, thanks.

26. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Some screenshots from the latest demo:

27. Colbyh

Colbyh

Is there a video walkthrough for designing more levels and attaching them to other scenes?

28. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

This video explains how to set up a new scene:

One thing worth mentioning is that you no longer need LevelScripts prefab, it's included in the UICanvas prefab.
    The up-to-date set up is described here: http://dustyroom.com/flight-kit-manual/

Basically, anything with colliders will work as environment.

Attaching scenes to other scenes is defined in the LevelCompleteController class (by default it's in UICanvas->LevelScripts). The default behavior is meant to be overriden in the only method of this class, HandleLevelComplete. What actions need to be performed when the player wins a level is up to you - it heavily depends on what game you are making. That's why the default behavior is just restarting the current scene.

If you wish to change the default behavior to loading the next scene (sequence can be defined in Unity->File->Build settings), use this code in HandleLevelComplete (full modified file attached):
    Code (CSharp):
    2. int nextSceneIndex = SceneManager.GetActiveScene().buildIndex + 1;
    3. if (nextSceneIndex < SceneManager.sceneCountInBuildSettings) {
    4.   SceneManager.LoadScene(nextSceneIndex);  
    5. } else {  // There is no next scene, the current one is last.
    6.   // Try to pause.
    7.   var pause = GameObject.FindObjectOfType<PauseController>();
    8.   if (pause != null) {
    9.     pause.Pause();
    10.   }
    12.   // Report error.
    13.   Debug.LogError("FLIGHT KIT: Trying to load next scene from the last scene.");
    14. }

Both options will be included in the next release.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 17, 2016
  29. OneGoodApp

OneGoodApp

Hi,

In the Aeroplane Controller, you have the Max Speed set to 100. I wonder if it's OK to change it to some smaller number like 5? Do we have to change other parameters to make smaller number work, or it's designed to be played at 100.

Great kit!

Thanks!
    Peter

30. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi Peter,

The Max Speed setting is independent of everything else, so generally it can be modified without other changes. We use it to make the airplane gain speed very fast (with high engine power) but not to fly too fast on the level. As a result, the airplane takes off quickly and is stable to control.

However in this case, to make the airplane work with Max Speed to 5, you also need to modify the body's mass. If you just set Max Speed to 5, the airplane will take off and fly, but it will be difficult to keep it from slowly descending since speed from gravity is greater than the horizontal speed. So you need to set Rigidbody's mass to let's say 0.2 to fly normally.

What are you trying to accomplish with this? An air balloon simulator? :)

31. OneGoodApp

OneGoodApp

Thanks!

I am trying to add some moving obstacles to the scene, such as missiles. In the process, one of the problems is to adjust the maximum speed, among other parameters, to make it not too easy nor too difficult to avoid the missiles.

The other thing I am thinking is to have the airplane flying among high buildings. The problem I am seeing now is probably more COLR related, as I am not sure how to achieve the effects of your current scene setup, i.e. the colourful rocks and rings. From the COLR manual, it only colors the six faces, does it mean the building model need to be decomposed to smaller blocks and then have the blocks oriented differently?

As the kit is great, many people would build games upon it. I like to mine to be different and that's why so many questions. Thanks!

32. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Regarding buildings, the six faces have the primary colors that are set in inspector, but any other face is interpolated between the closest two. This means you probably don't have to decompose the buildings, but that depends on the look you would like to achieve. Also, it's not necessary to use COLR, you may want to use other shaders for the buildings.

33. ikv007s

ikv007s

there is a bug. When you play the game after 2-3 minute the screen goes white and full of Light . This is happening in iOS build and unity editor . I'm using 5.4 beta . Please reply asap.

34. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

We are trying to reproduce the problem you mentioned, but didn't see the bug appear yet. Can you please write us on info@dustyroom.com and we'll try to figure it out together? As soon as we can reproduce this, we can probably fix it.

35. Mcg

Mcg

Hi , I'm very interested in purchasing this package I was just wondering if there is any benefit to purchasing COLR as well or is everything included?

thanks

36. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

There is a benefit only if you need the demo scenes from COLR. Flight Kit includes all shaders and scripts, but the demo scenes are not included.

37. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

We found and fixed it. The update has been issued. It will appear in the store in 5-10 business days. If you need the update earlier, please drop us an email (info[at]dustyroom.com) with your invoice #.

38. ikv007s

ikv007s

Thanks for faster update. Sending you my invoice .:)

39. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Hi,

I recently purchased this, very nice, thank you.

How would you go about adding touch controls without having to use all the UI and Mobil canvas prefabs?

Basically, I need to just add this to a project that already exits.

I've added the mobile prefab as per the documentation. It works when I run it in the editor but when I build for iOS it doesn't work.

Thanks!

40. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi,

Did you also import Unity's standard CrossPlatform Input?
    FlightKit uses Unity’s CrossPlatformInput to handle the airplane controls. If you would like to change/extend the standalone or mobile control schemes you need to feed the input to the following virtual axes (instead of the regular ‘Horizontal’ and ‘Vertical’):
    • ‘Yaw’ – rotation around the vertical axis.
    • ‘Roll’ – rotation around the front-to-back axis.
    • ‘Pitch’ – rotation around the side-to-side axis.

41. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Hi, thanks.

I noticed that if you are playing the game on your back, that TiltInput doesn't calibrate properly. The airplane will just take off straight, up, like you are pulling up very hard.

Is there a way to fix this?

Thanks!

42. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

I looks like accelerometer calibration was hitting gimbal lock. This is now fixed and submitted for review. If you would like the new version today, please email us your Order #.

Thank you for spotting this!

43. ShinyTaco

ShinyTaco

Hi there,

Any chance of adding Apple TV support?

Thanks!

44. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Unfortunately, we don't have an Apple TV device to test the game on. One of the input schemes uses accelerometer and gyrometer to control the plane and Unity documentation says that Apple TV uses the same API. The asset has been thoroughly tested on iOS, so adapting to Apple TV shouldn't be a lot of work.

45. Sentionaut

Sentionaut

Hi!
    I'm very interested in the Colr shader, but I have some questions:
    1. Is it compatible with XBoxOne? My game is being developed for this platform, so I'd need some confirmation on this...
    2. I know it uses no lightning for the color, but does it have any options for a specular setup?
    3. In case you haven't tested it on consoles, is there any kind of demo shader I can use for that purpose?
    That's all for now. Nice shader, btw.

Thanks.

46. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi!

1. Regarding the questions, we don't have an XBox dev kit, so unfortunately can't verify that it works. We don't see why it wouldn't though.
    2. There are currently no way for a specular set up.
    3. Once we have a console SDK we'll publish a demo.

47. bek2013

bek2013

Hi,
    I am having fun playing around with Flight Kit. But, I am having a problem with the mobile controls. I cannot do a full forward or backward flip. For instance, on the keyboard version -- when I hold the up arrow the plane will do a backflip. On the mobile virtual joystick version when I hold up the plane gets to a certain angle and stops. Making it impossible to do a flip. Is there a way to change this so the game plays similar on the mobile version? Thanks

48. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Hi! All you have to do is change the field "Max Pitch Angle" that is on Airplane User Control component of any airplane prefab. To allow forward and backward flips as on standalone controls, set Max Pitch Angle to 360.
    We changed tooltips and added a header to the script to make those settings more visible.

49. LastMonopoly

LastMonopoly

Take a look at this, I don't know what is the problem

Before ‘Generate Lighting’ from Lighting: Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.19.13 AM.png

After ‘Generate Lighting’:
    Screen Shot 2017-09-21 at 10.20.37 AM.png

Thanks in advance!

50. Dustyroom

Dustyroom

Thanks for reporting this! Unity changed lighting system in the latest version. We have released the update to Flight Kit.
    While it is going through review process, you can fix the problem by setting Current Brigntness of Ambient Color to 1. This seems to have changed recently, thank you for pointing out (as shown on screenshot).

upload_2017-9-24_12-58-53.png