Search Unity

[RELEASED] First Person RPG Complete Source Code - DEMO AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by neler93, Jun 30, 2017.

1. TechSins

TechSins

ok guess this asset is dead then shame.....

2. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

hey sorry mate, no i haven't touched this, been busy with a few other projects. Feel free to try and tackle it and provide support yourself, I'd certainly be keen for updates

3. Andrew203

Andrew203

Hey, anyone knows if it would be hard to optimize this template for mobile phones?

4. TechSins

TechSins

Don't bother author doesn't respond so asset is basically dead

5. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

it doesn't seem hugely resource hungry from what I have seen, so maybe, you just have to figure out controls

6. Andrew203

Andrew203

Well, I can tell you that this asset is not for mobile phones. I get like 5-10 fps on interior demo. Weather system and something else kils the performance.

7. Andrew203

Andrew203

Maybe someone found out what to do with a bug in which when shooting bow at the npc it shows error that crime score is missing?

8. Andrew203

Andrew203

Maybe someone knows how to properly implement save and load functions on players death and in main menu?

9. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I haven't looked at it yet andrew, I know the save load function was added but I've been busy with some other systems. Probably after christmas once I have reached a few milestones with other projects I will take the time to start some tutorial stuff for this asset as it's pretty cool, until then have a poke around and see what you can make.

10. TechSins

TechSins

I don't understand, the author comes on every now and then but doesn't even have time to help people with his asset?

11. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Dont buy. No Support.

12. TechSins

TechSins

Unfortunately too late for that, bought this ages ago when the dev was active

13. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

yeah I did make the same mistake :/ not the first time and sadly not the last time...

14. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

On one hand i get that it is called a complete rpg template so you'd expect to be able to just drop in graphics, but at the same time I was able to get it functioning with only a very basic knowledge of c#. Have you guys been spending time going through the scenes to understand how each system functions? If you study them you can get an idea of how to build a scene with all of them together.

15. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I still dont get the save/load part. Without that its not usuable for me.

16. TechSins

TechSins

Yeah i understand how most things work apart from the save/load system, like it duplicates items in your inventory and i just can't seem to fix it no matter what i try, that is all i need help with

uberwiggett likes this.
  17. Andrew203

Andrew203

Tbh this asset only needs a proper save/load system. Everything else is easily fixable or expandable.

18. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I haven't looked into the save/load stuff yet so I can't offer assistance on that part. Might have to seek out a community member with strong coding background and ask them to take a look?

19. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I purchased this a while ago, and hadn't really used it since I got it. Finally had time to play around with it, and I must say it's pretty feature-hearty. Took a few hours to get the character system updated to using 3D art, and I'm almost done implementing my own 3D weapon system. I'll be working on replacing the inventory system with Inventory Pro and replacing the quest and dialog systems with Quest Machine and Dialog System for Unity. Will share my progress whenever I have time to get updates achieved.

MachoBrizzin and TechSins like this.
  20. TechSins

TechSins

What asset pack are you using for the town?

21. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

PLEASE tell me you you switch from 2d to 3d ???????

22. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

@techsin, It's Polygon Adventure from Synty Studios.

@Devision4, Yes, I've converted it to 3D. Currently working on the 3D first-person hand/weapon system.

23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Is it difficult to convert it to 3d?

24. Andrew203

Andrew203

Maybe not hard but it would take a lot of time and effort if you want to use this in its full advantage. You would need to make models and diffrent hair/clothes for them to fit the scripts.

25. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Yea, the coding part is pretty easy. I've also been coding for a long time, so there is also that. If you're making your own characters it will be rather time consuming. For now I'm using the Little Heroes character packs for development.

26. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

Gj silver! have you been able to check out the save load system?

27. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I haven't checked that out yet. Is it faulty?

28. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

Yeah some people here are saying they have issues with item duplication. I haven't checked it out myself yet.

29. TechSins

TechSins

Yeah there is a item duplication glitch when you save and load but i haven't found a way to fix it, so maybe you could take a look? Cause if you have years of programming it might be easier for you

30. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Yea once I get the next progress task finished with the 3D hands/weapons, I'll check it out and follow up here.

uberwiggett likes this.
  31. TechSins

TechSins

32. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I'll be getting to it this week actually. I have it lined up for Thursday-Friday, but may get to it Wednesday if all goes as expected this week.

MachoBrizzin and uberwiggett like this.
  33. neler93

neler93

The main misunderstanding regarding this project is that people think this is an RPG KIT. It is NOT and RPG or FPS KIT, but a complete source code of my cancelled game. Everyone saying that they get no support by author, and that they have problem with some/any part of this project should have read first post of this thread. I tried answering every mail I got about fixing problems and issues with the asset, even adding a complete save/load system, and still people want of me to complete readjust the project so it can suit their game, or to add complete new things into it.

THIS PROJECT IS NOT A KIT! If you think that you can just change few things and make game out of it, than DO NOT BUY IT! This is a complete game with complete source code and art - BUY IT AS IT IS. If you though otherwise, than you should have read description on this thread.

MachoBrizzin likes this.
  34. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I'm partly on your side about having to add new features etc, but "It is NOT and RPG or FPS KIT, but a complete source code of my cancelled game", maybe you should change the title from FIRST PERSON RPG COMPLETE GAME, to "All the source code from my unfinished first person rpg project". It's not a complete game as there are references in the code to unfinished or non existant scripts/methods (like containers iirc). The documentation also leaves a bit to the imagination, one big problem is that the marketing and the title makes it look like a full blown template that you can drop stuff into and get a game going without strong knowledge of c#, but that's just not true.

Anyway, the soreness is long since gone and I'm fighting the same thing elsewhere, so not angry at you at all, and a little surprised you've come back to the thread, thought it was abandoned :)

35. TechSins

TechSins

No one wants you to make their game for them all people wanted was a working save/load system not the non working one you gave us

36. vlad_lu

vlad_lu

Hi. I cant fint [WorldMapSystem] prefab in Prefabs/Game Management/Scene Base Components. I cannot find it anywhere.

37. TechSins

TechSins

38. TechSins

TechSins

Anyone?

39. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Hey @TechSins sorry I haven't been on in a bit, the contract gig I was working ramped up as the company decided to release the game earlier than expected. Drop me a PM, I'll walk you through the fix up.

uberwiggett likes this.
  40. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I'd be keen on it too, I can drop you a message but might be of benefit to post it on here?

41. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

There are so many changes to the original code and quite a bit of original code added that it would take a while to explain here. I also need to verify ownership of the asset before sharing, because I'll have to show you sections of the developers code so you know where to add the new code.

uberwiggett likes this.
  42. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

43. JMyerscough

JMyerscough

How difficult would this be to convert to a 3D FPS?

44. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I'm currently booting this up to make a mini project. I think the change to 3d might be a bit of a hassle due to the way it handles equipment etc, would require a bit of changing. I'm sticking with 2d spritesheets just changing it up a fair bit. Everything else is 3d.

45. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

I've completely transitioned the project to 3D and it took a few months of part-time coding, but it all depends on your coding skill-level.

uberwiggett likes this.
  46. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

I also used the save fix, but I found a few issues with it loading in but not changing the scene back to where it was or recording the weapons when drawn etc. I was using 5.5 though so maybe it's a unity thing?

47. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Interesting, works fine for me, but if you send me a video I'll be able to get a better perspective on what is going on.

48. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

No probs. I will make a video after work and post.

AaronVictoria likes this.
  49. uberwiggett

uberwiggett

50. AaronVictoria

AaronVictoria

Ahh yea, I fixed that when I transitioned to my 3D weapon system. So it handles the weapon and item indices uniquely now. I never even noticed it was broken in the original package as I went right into my 3D weapon and handedness rewrite. Will see what I can whip up to fix the original build.