Search Unity

[RELEASED] First Person RPG Complete Source Code - DEMO AVAILABLE

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by neler93, Jun 30, 2017.

1. neler93

neler93

Hey there Tony!

Thank you for buying the asset! I am sorry you had trouble contacting me on my e-mail. I do not know why does it says to you that it is invalid...

The most suitable version for the asset is Unity 5.5.0f3. Unfortunately the current version hold that one bug that I forgot to fix. It will be fixed in the upcoming version. For now just replace line 228 of NPCAiNavmesh.cs with this
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if(target.GetComponent<NPCAiNavmesh>() && target.GetComponent<NPCAiNavmesh>().target == player) {

2. AnthonyMyers

AnthonyMyers

Wow that was fast !!! Thanks for the quick response
    sounds good if figured it was a simple fix just wanted to give you the heads up and thanks agin for a great asset I'm having fun with it and that says a lot for an asset and for me!!!
    Hope this finds you and yours well -Tony-

neler93 likes this.
  3. Xain

Xain

Just bought it, looks good so far can't wait for save-load. :D

4. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Any news when the load/save update might coming?

5. neler93

neler93

No ETA for now. There is just too many things that need to be save that writing it would take much of my spare time (which sadly in the last few weeks I have very little on disposal).

6. Xain

Xain

I have a problem at WeightedInventory.cs line 476. I can't drop misc items.

Code (CSharp):
    1. if(item.GetComponent<Item>().weaponsGO.FindChild(item.GetComponent<Item>().itemGOName).gameObject.activeSelf == true) {
    2.             item.GetComponent<Item>().weaponsGO.FindChild(item.GetComponent<Item>().itemGOName).gameObject.SetActive(false);
    3.         }

7. neler93

neler93

Ooops... Just change line 476 with
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         if(item.GetComponent<Item>().type == ItemType.Weapon && item.GetComponent<Item>().weaponsGO.FindChild(item.GetComponent<Item>().itemGOName).gameObject.activeSelf == true) {

Xain likes this.
  8. Xain

Xain

Thanks, it worked :)

9. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Will you update the asset? I need load/save

10. neler93

neler93

There is currently a version under way containing some fixes and improvements. As stated before, the save/load system is on my todo list, but I can not give ETA as there is much work to be done on it and I would rather work on smaller improvements and features that were planned from the start. There are plenty other easy to use save/load systems available online if you can not wait.

Khermit likes this.
  11. Adelitas

Adelitas

Hello. Thank you very much for your work! Now I have a perfect hobby, to make old school RPG with my friends :) Can you recommend and save/load system from asset store? Thank you :)

Xain likes this.
  12. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Could you at least make a tutorial how to use easy save with your asset? I buy you the asset....

13. neler93

neler93

Hey Adelitas! Thank you for purchasing the asset! Truth speaking I never used any of save/load systems from the Asset Store so I really have no idea.

It is not a problem for me to do a tutorial, but I really do not have much time as it is to work on save/load system least to make a tutorial. I started making the concept how will save/load system work and I am aiming to update asset with it in at least two months.

14. Hitch42

Hitch42

I saw this asset as part of this week's sale and it looks very interesting. It makes me think of Daggerfall, which is a very good thing. I see that you mention this this is not a kit, but I'm wondering how customizable is your asset? Can we make our own maps and populate them with custom objects and textures? How large a map can you have? What's the process for customizing the graphics? Could someone add voice acting to the dialog system?

I realize that the source code is included, but how much could a novice do from within the asset itself?

15. neler93

neler93

The asset is basicly complete platform vused to develop my canceled game. I wrote it to be as simple as it can and it os realy user friendly. Every aspect of it is changable. Characters are 2D, yes, but are using mecanim, so with basicly little to no knowledge you can change them to 3D. (Though there would be work with some scripts if you want to keep customization available)

16. Hitch42

Hitch42

Thanks for the quick response. The 2D characters are fine. I find them kind of charming and it seems like it'd be easy to customize them.

Is the map standard Unity terrain? Could I use other tools to create the terrain and use in with this? Is the map seamless or divided into separate zones for different areas? How large a map do you think you could make?

17. zaka221

zaka221

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    NPCAiNavmesh.Update () (at Assets/FPRPG Source Code/Scripts/Gameplay/Npc/NPCAiNavmesh.cs:228) Got that error today ;d i just buy and run combat demo

18. neler93

neler93

Yeah, you can use Unity Terrain or any other terrain asset that suits you. For my game i created big game world of 12 Unity Terrains using LOD system and some optimisation scripts fron Asset Store.

Take a look at the first post in tge 2nd page of this thread.

19. zaka221

zaka221

Thank for repley, one more question. I cant fint [WorldMapSystem] prefab. Like on documentaTion screen.

20. emperor12321

emperor12321

just bought, getting errors with npcs on combat demo, and weapons don't seem to display properly. I think Khermit on the first page had a similar problem with AI attacking.

21. neler93

neler93

What errors? Make sure you are using the right version of Unity 5.5.0f3

22. emperor12321

emperor12321

I am. The npc mavmeshai script is missing a reference Update(). I also tested the rent room demo and the script to rent the room had an error. I can be more specific if you need me to be.

23. neler93

neler93

Check first post on 2nd page about npc navmesh script error. It is a bug that slip trough when I updated last version. The fix is coming with a new upcoming version. What error do you get in the rent room demo?

24. Xain

Xain

When I pick up the bow, I can see all the arrows on the bow. I don't have any arrow on my inventory. Any fix ? :confused:

bow.png

25. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hello @nenadradojcic

I noticed that this toolkit is on weekly sale. Congrats!

Just thought I would drop in and ask a few questions before I pick it up. :)
    1. Are there any plans to update this to Unity 2017?
    2. Would it be possible to demo video showing off the toolkit toolset?
    3. Does this toolkit have any third party integrations with other assets? For example Spriteman 3D
    4. What platforms has this been tested on?
    5. Will this work in a cooperative (LAN or Online) multiplayer setting?

Thank you for your time,
    - HeadClot

26. neler93

neler93

Under your Player prefab under FPCameraGO/FPCamera/EquipmentGO/WeaponsRangedGO you will find all bows available in the game. Those objects will turn on/off based on what bow do you have equipped. They hold transforms of arrows objects that are used in the same manner ( they are disabled based on what arrow type you have equipped). Make sure that those arrow transforms/gameobjects are disabled in the inspector, so that in play mode they start all as disabled. (check this only for arrows, bows should be left as they are). It seems that somehow in the uploaded version they are enabled, but they should not be.

1. Yes. Though, there is a plan what will be added first. (some fixes, save/load system etc...)
    2. I will look into creating one demo video showcasing everything there is in the asset.
    3. This asset can not be called toolkit. It is a complete source code of the game. It was not written as a drag'n'drop project but rather as a complete game where very part of it is dependent on other parts. It is possible to integrate other assets, but that is left to the user.
    4. The asset has been tested on Windows only.
    5. The game was to be single-player only, so there is no way to make it work in multiplayer as it is. (though it can be done it would be like creating whole new game - time consuming etc)

Xain and HeadClot88 like this.
  27. HeadClot88

HeadClot88

Hey @nenadradojcic - I purchased the asset a few hrs ago. :)
    I really like what I see so far.

You did a really fine job with this. :)

neler93 likes this.
  28. Dhoren

Dhoren

In the combat demo when I approach the wolf he comes toward my player and attacks but I can't attack him back. I use the RMB but it doesn't do anything. Anyone ideas?

29. neler93

neler93

You should be using LMB not RMB. Do you use Unity 5.5.0f3?

30. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks, I tried both buttons and I am just not attacking anything. Should I see a health bar for the wolf? I don't see that either.

This is what the demo says:
    In this demo we will demonstrate combat.
    Every npc you will kill will drop equipement you can use. Some of them will drop potions that will help you restore your health.
    Every category of weapon will be dropped so you can try them all.
    F - Pickup item
    RMB - Melee Attack / Bow Release Arrow
    LMB - Shield Defend / Bow Take Aim
    LEFT-SHIFT - Sprint
    SPACE - Jump
    TAB - Open/Close Inventory
    LMB - Use item in inventory
    LEFT-SHIFT + LMB - Drop item from inventory

31. neler93

neler93

Ha, ha, my bad. I mistakenly wrote what LMB and RMB are for. Do you use Unity 5.5.0f3? I have no idea what ia wrong if you do not give me more details? Do you get any errors, warnings?

32. Dhoren

Dhoren

Sorry I forgot to mention I am using Unity 5.5.0f3 and running it from the editor and I see no errors on the console.

33. Dhoren

Dhoren

I don't know if this helps but I barely see the tip on the sword in my FPS view. In your YouTube video I see a mace that swings when you fight a mob. I am not seeing that with the sword that I equip.

emperor12321 likes this.
  34. neler93

neler93

Very strange. Can you send me some video/screenshot with what is happening on my e-mail nenadradojcic@yahoo.com ?

emperor12321 likes this.
  35. Dhoren

Dhoren

Will do. Thanks.

36. Dhoren

Dhoren

OK I just sent a link of the video to your email address. Thank you for taking a look a it.

37. neler93

neler93

Yeah. We found the problem. You need to draw weapon before you can attack (by default with R button).

38. Dhoren

Dhoren

Thanks, I just noticed the Weapon Drawn bool on the EquipmentGo object was unchecked so I was trying to figure out what draws the weapon :)

39. Dhoren

Dhoren

Awesome, I like the way you do the shield and weapon with block and attack. Very cool!

neler93 likes this.
  40. Xain

Xain

Thanks, it worked! I have another question. I'm trying to add another weapon I did everything right like in the tutorial. But it keeps giving me the error;

"ArgumentException: The requested value 'SwordWooden' was not found.
    System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value, Boolean ignoreCase) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:692)
    System.Enum.Parse (System.Type enumType, System.String value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System/Enum.cs:547)
    PlayerLooks.Update () (at Assets/FPRPG Source Code/Scripts/UI/PlayerLooks.cs:299)"

It points "CharacterStats>Looks" maybe it has something to do with Weapon Int. I don't know :(.

41. Adelitas

Adelitas

Hello. Can I use grass from your demo in my project? Thank you :)

42. emperor12321

emperor12321

Thank you my issues are resolved. How would I change the description of races? I can't find where the text is stored.

43. emperor12321

emperor12321

oh wait i found it in import settings for character creator script

44. neler93

neler93

When do you get this error exactly? Whan you open up your inventory? The things is, since this is complete source code, some things are coded into the system - like weapons. I did made a enum where all weapons are listed for the sake of NPC character customization and player looks in the inventory system. In the script NPC.cs find enum named NPCWeapon. At the bottom, before None in the enum, add your sword name (SwordWooden) and assign it number in order (30). Change the number of None to 31. That should fix it. In the _UICanvasGame/InventorySkillsQuestLog/CharacterStats/Looks/PlayerLooks.cs find weapons array and add at the bottom, before none, sprite of your weapon.

Everything that comes with the asset when you buy it is yours to use it for whatever you want.

Yeah, like I said before - some things are hard-coded into the game.

Xain likes this.
  45. Xain

Xain

Thank you again, it's working now :D

46. HCDurston

HCDurston

When you mention that some things are hard-coded into the game-such as races. Does this mean that we can't change them? Would I be able to modify the code to change the race? Thanks

47. neler93

neler93

It is hard-codedin the sense that it is written inside the code not the editor, but yeah, it can be changed.

48. Dhoren

Dhoren

I just downloaded v1.3. Thanks for the update. It's a very nice program.

49. MachoBrizzin

MachoBrizzin

I bought this asset a few weeks ago and am very impressed with it. :) Good job, mate.

However, a few things concerned me- an example of which is the quest lengths. Apparently, each quest can only be a maximum of 4 objectives long, which really limits what questing can do (in my case). So I took the liberty of making the quest system modular so it can be used with literally any amount of objectives. I also made a fairly nice custom editor window tool to ease the creation of quests and quest management.

But one of the other things that concerned me was the lack of some scripts that seemed like they would have been included. Mainly, it looks like there was a dungeon generator system? It's not included now, but there's a prefab for it with a missing MonoBehaviour. Is there any chance that you can include the dungeon system in a future update? Perhaps along with the Save & Load system? (Is there an estimated release date for that yet, by the way?)

I understand that this project is not a toolkit and just source code, which is why I did the quest changes myself, but considering the dungeon seems to have been included at one point and is now missing is a real shame. Not something that would have me forfeit a 5-star rating, though.

All in all, very impressive asset. But I just really wish it had a dungeon generator built in, especially since it appears there was one with the Fallen Chronicler initially.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  50. neler93

neler93

Hey there,

Thank you for buying the asset. I am very glad that you liked it!
    The Quest System is made of four quest objectives, but you can create long quest-lines using the Continue Quest fake objective. When used it will just activate "other" quest that is like some extent of the first one. But yeah, it could have been done much easier. (it was the first system I wrote for game, so it is most poorly written :) )

The dungeon generator was asset from Asset Store (Dungeonizer - Easy Random Dungeon Generator), so I probably forgot to remove prefab when I was preparing asset for Asset Store. I will add it to the list of possible additions in some future update, but I can not promise nothing. The current ETA for Save/Load System is probably somewhere around end of December, if everything goes as planned. (I am currently working with few other people on a project and it is very time consuming)