Search Unity

[RELEASED] Fantasy Lands - Low poly hand painted environment

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by cristims, Feb 27, 2018.

?

How do you find the price for this environment asset?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2018.
  1. Just about right.

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Too high...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Too low...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. cristims

cristims

Hi everyone. I am Cristi aka "Tarko3D" and I am happy to announce that I have released a very nice low poly environment pack for desktop and mobile games.

Because I have worked as a game designer (and still do) I created Fantasy Lands thinking "what does a game designer/indie developer need" from a "fantasy" environment pack?
    ...so here it goes:

As a game designer I always require HOUSES! Plenty of them. Some big, some small...
    Maybe some of them should have some different roof colors, maybe even blue tint colors for night scenes. Also it will be best if I could have some window covers that I can close and open as I like.

And, let's say that I want to combine some houses, just to make some variation for my game... I also want to add banners to them, or place crates or barrels and make them "shops" and then save them as new props!

The pack comes with 37 houses. Some are big, some are small, some complex, other simple.
    Each house has its own window covers that can be rotated as needed, you can add banners to them, and you can even combine them (they are not modular, but you can easy use them together as they share the same style and colors). Also the pack comes with a large variety of banners and streamers with plenty of color variations to choose from!

Here are couple of house samples that you can find inside the pack:

Nice, we have "plenty of houses", what's next?
    Trees and Vegetation!
    Big trees, small trees, tree groups that can be used to block paths, plants, mushrooms, logs and stubs!

Nice, the vegetation is included! Great, we can now adventure all over the map!
    But any decent game needs a market where the player can buy and sell stuff!

Fear not! The pack comes with plenty of market props, stalls, tables, barrels and crates, together with banners and streamers... yes, more banners and more streamers!

Ok, but I need more "stuff" to make my towns "pop". What do you have for me?
    Here are some tree lawns that I like to call "green islands". You can use them anywhere, and you can also modify them and create your own variations as the trees and plants are separated from the ground!

And here you have some fountains and wells. Together with their own animated water shader!

Hmm... everything sounds fine, but how do they work TOGETHER?
    Can we have some demos please? I need a starting point, something to showcase the pack and inspire me to create the most awesome environment ever!

The pack comes with 5 different demo scenes, including a night scene and a mobile ready scene!

What's more to say?
    All the assets use a single texture atlas, just ONE. All of them are quite low poly, and look just as good on desktop and mobile games with direct, indirect or baked lightning, both at day or night

The pack also comes with 9 hand painted terrain textures and couple of particle effects for good measure.
    The mobile demo was tested on various devices including some cheap tablets and I manage to always keep the fps above 30. On the current tablets it runs at over 50 fps.

There will be one or two small FREE packs available soon (one for mobile and one for desktop, basically the same thing with different settings). Just waiting for the asset store pending to finish.

Almost forgot, here is the store link:
    https://assetstore.unity.com/packag...land-low-poly-hand-painted-environment-110445

...and a small video that I put together showing how to create a small scene using the pack and featuring some of the demo scenes, I hope that you like it:

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  2. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Looks good. Nice style. If you plan to update, might consider some wooden fencing. Would be a nice addition to the pack.

3. cristims

cristims

Thank you.

If the pack gets a bit of traction I will surely add new items. I already included a "log fence", but I will gladly add more fences. Do you have something in mind, like a particular type of wood fence you will like?

4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Anything in this style would go good with your pack imo. ;)

5. cristims

cristims

Like this?

theANMATOR2b likes this.
  6. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

Yep - perfect!

7. cristims

cristims

Thank you.
    They are included in the pack.

8. cristims