Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Fantasy Adventure Environment - A stylized asset pack (Built-in/URP)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by StaggartCreations, Aug 1, 2017.

1. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

NEW! Universal Render Pipeline now supported in Unity 2019.3+. Complete with revised water shader. URP grass shader is available separately through the Stylized Grass Shader

An environment asset pack inspired by the current 3D adventure games and of old. This package focuses on providing artistically crafted environment assets.

Stylized vegetation dots the landscape as your hero traverses the world in search of adventure!

== Compatibility ==
    All assets are designed for mid-high range PC and Console platforms (PS4/Xbox One). The downloadable demo runs at an average of 98 FPS across 1750+ benchmark reports.

Mobile and Web platforms are not supported. VR on PC has been tested with no issues.

== Features ==
    ➮ Custom shaders for trees and vegetation, to enable stylized rendering and animations
    ➮ Beautiful wind animations on trees and vegetation
    ➮ Foliage bends away from the player (not available in URP)
    ➮ Grass color blends with terrain (tiled terrain and mesh terrain support, not available in URP)
    ➮ LOD's and collision meshes for all assets that need them
    ➮ Tree billboard LODs, for optimal performance in open landscapes
    ➮ Tailored example environment scene

== Contents ==
    ▪ 18 types of plants
    ▪ 3 Spruce trees
    ▪ 3 Birch trees
    ▪ 3 Stylized trees
    ▪ 2 Willow trees
    ▪ 3 Palm trees
    ▪ 1 Pine tree
    ▪ 6 tree bark materials
    ▪ 6 terrain materials
    ▪ 7 Cliffs, to augment your terrain (2k textures)
    ▪ 4 small rock clusters
    ▪ Matching skybox panorama (up to 8k resolution)
    ▪ Lens flare texture atlas
    ▪ Animated localized sunshaft effects
    ▪ Fog sheet effect
    ▪ Falling leafs particle effect
    ▪ Wind trails particle effect
    ▪ Post Processing Stack profile and color grading texture (for v1 and v2)
    ▪ Legacy version of the Stylized Water Shader (URP installation features a reimagined version)

== Additional features ==
    ▪ Shaders support custom SpeedTree models
    ▪ GPU (indirect) Instancing supported
    ▪ Vegetation Studio Pro integrated shader controllers
    ▪ Cliff shader with (Triplanar) global color map and detail normals
    ▪ Cliff coverage (snow, grass, sand, etc)
    ▪ Tree shader supports color variation
    ▪ Shader GUIs with documentation toggles
    ▪ Editable Amplify Shader Editor or Shader Graph shaders

== Compatible with ==
    Vegetation Studio
    Vegetation Studio Pro (integrated shader GUIs)
    Gaia

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    yasaricli, Tethys, Gametyme and 5 others like this.
  2. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Trello board: https://trello.com/b/vF6lEFj5/fantasy-adventure-environment

Fixed:
    - Tree trunks and branches not moving synchronously when Static Batching is enabled
    - PigmentmapGenerator will now work with any uniform terrain size and position

Added:
    - Custom inspector for CliffAppearance script
    - Cliff coverage feature (snow, grass, etc)
    - Demo scene to showcase the cliff coverage functionality

Fixed:
    - Shaders now work correctly on OSX

Added:
    - Billboard LODs for all trees. Allows you to have much more trees on screen.

Fixed:
    - Tree branches turning black on DirectX 9
    - Color bleeding on dead pine branches
    - Wrong material on Cliff_E LODs

Changed:
    - Trees now have a capsule collider, so they work as terrain trees. Tree colliders have not been removed, you can use these instead if you wish
    - The Trees Substance container has been split up, each tree type has it's own container now.
    - Spruce_B is now a little more distinct from its counterparts.

Added:
    - Grass blending with the terrain color is now 100% accurate, and no longer limited to the first 4 terrain textures.
    - Random rotation parameter to GrassAtlas substance

Changed:
    - Polished demo scene some more + performance improvements
    - Cliff shader, increased base-intensity of detail normal map
    - Cliff prefabs, set collider to "Convex" by default, added an optional Box Collider component
    - Seperated the grass substance from the vegetation container
    - Dust motes now use the Sunshaft particle shader, so they react better to lighting conditions

Fixed:
    - CliffAppearance reverting some values to prefab defaults on play
    - Face normals on fern mesh

Added:
    - Grass billboard texture, for use on the terrain

Changed:
    - Made vegetation meshes compatible with Vegetation Studio shaders
    - Checked PigmentmapGenerator compatibilty with MicroSplat, made adjustments accordingly
    - Improved usability of PigmentmapGenerator component

Fixed:
    - Corrected normal map behaviour in branch substances
    - Fixed Palm bark artifacts in substance material

Removed:
    - FAE_PigmentMap substance (obsolete)
    - Standard Assets third person controller

Added:
    - Custom material inspectors for the Foliage, Grass and Tree Branch shaders. Features buttons to toggle parameter descriptions.

Changed:
    - Removed the height- and pigment map functionality from the Foliage shader. Made a seperate "Grass" shader instead, which does have these features.
    - WindController script, when added, now automatically tries to locate the FAE_WindVectors substance in the project
    - PigmentMapGenerator clears the pigment map texture from the Grass shader when it is disabled. This avoids inadvertently using a pigment map from another scene.

Fixed:
    - Grass animation not working when PigmentMap is deleted

Added:
    - New forest floor Substance material for the terrain, featuring needles, moss, roots, rocks and leafs
    - Ability to bake the Substance textures for the terrain automatically, to allow for easy itteration

Changed:
    - Refactored TerrainRock material, secondary and tertiary layers have been removed, more color properties have been added
    - TerrainSnow material now has a sparkles effect when roughness is set to full

Added:
    - Groundcover clovers, dead branches and two elephant ear plants
    - Terrain sand material

Changed:
    - PigmentmapGenerator now also works with mesh terrains
    - Recompiled shaders using Amplify Shader Editor v1.3.4 ("_MaskClipValue" parameter is now called to "_Cutoff", adjusted Shader GUI's accordingly)

Added
    - Palm_B and Palm_C tree assets (with LODs, billboards)
    - Dead branches to palm trees with separate color controls
    - Custom inspector for WindController script
    - Option to visualize the wind vectors in the Foliage, Grass and Tree Branch shader GUI's

Fixed:
    - Several warnings
    - Substance baker target folder not saving correctly

Added:
    - Collider meshes for Palm_B and Palm_C
    - Pigment map generator now has options to flip or rotate the pigment map for mesh terrains
    - Support for a custom pigment map

Changed:
    - Tree trunk gradient is now inverted, making the top darker instead of the bottom (ambient occlusion for trunks to be added)
    - Made wind vectors less uniform (Wind response for trees will soon be improved)
    - Pigment map generator now works with mesh terrains with centered pivots
    - Minor UI improvements
    - Reduced splatmap size in demo scene

Fixed:
    - High trunk weight wind values elongating the trees

Added:
    - Willow_A tree asset (with LODs, billboard and collider)
    - Willow_B tree asset (with LODs, billboard and collider)
    - Ambient Occlusion to tree trunks
    - ShaderGUI for FAE/Tree Trunk shader
    - Current Wind Controller settings information in Shader GUI's when help is toggled
    - Option under GameObject menu to create a new Wind Controller object

Changed:
    Trees:
    - Wind response, Ambient Occlusion and Light Transmission for all trees has been improved and fine-tuned per tree type
    - Corrected normals on Pine_A LOD meshes
    - Corrected UVs of Spruce and Pine tree trunks so the material is less vertically stretched
    - Lowered all trees 0.3 units, so the trunk doesn't appear to float on steep terrain surfaces

Wind:
    - Wind strength is now a shader function and thus can be changed during runtime
    - Wind weight parameter in shaders is renamed to "MaxWindStrength"

Grass:
    - Light transmission now visible in shorter grass as well
    - Improved grass wind color influence (only brightens, rather than darkening and brightening)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2018
  3. Elzean

Elzean

@Jonny10 are you sure about the link ? For moment i have an error 404

Edit: just saw in your profile that the asset is not appearing yet :)

4. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Yeah, should be about 2-3 weeks before it is approved, if it gets approved that is :p

5. seanweech

seanweech

Looking great! I just noticed that you can change the colors of all the cliffs at once using a script to change them all with one color picker. Is it possible to implement this for different hierarchies rather than for the whole scene? For instance, could I change the color of all of the cliffs in my tundra area while not changing the cliffs in my temperate area within one scene? Or would this only be possible by having the tundra and temperate regions in separate scenes?

6. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

If you create separate materials for all the rocks, a set for the temperate and one for the tundra, and assign them in the inspector, you'll be able to change them independently. So you'd end up having two objects with the CliffAppearance script attached in your scene, one for temperate and one for tundra rocks.

You could also save this object as a prefab to save the settings, as sort of a preset.

Farelle and seanweech like this.
  7. seanweech

seanweech

Oh wow, that's pretty cool! Thanks!

8. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I've uploaded a demo build, which functions as more of a benchmarking tool. There's no loading behaviour, so expect a white screen for a minute or two: http://staggart.xyz/public/FAE_Benchmark.rar (154mb)

You'll be able to gauge how well the assets perform in an complete setting. Your PC specs and FPS will be logged in a database, which will allow me to see the demo's performance across other systems. Currently this information will not be publicly available until the front-end is more rigid. In any case, these statistics will help me out :D

Once you've completed a benchmark, you can enter an email address to enter a giveaway for an Asset Store voucher, 3 people can win out of the pool. This will be handed out after the package has been released.

On the beach you will find the first iteration of a new asset, which will be added in a later update.

Yes, I'm deliberately trying to get people to run the benchmark hahaha.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    frbrz, rrahim, Rexoto-Games and 4 others like this.
  9. Rexoto-Games

Rexoto-Games

Just ran the demo and it all looks great! But the free-roam button at the end of the benchmark doesn't seem to work. I found out that pressing c does let you take control of Ethan though.

10. rrahim

rrahim

I ran the benchmark, worked pretty good.
    I really like the way it all comes together.
    The water seemed a little off however, on the banks when nearby it seems to be clipping the foam texture.

Also the free-roam button worked fine for me.

11. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

I found out there were two unnecessary polygons on the birch tree branch meshes. Removing these reduced the polycount of the birch trees by about ~30% without any visual change in silhouette or density. Oops.

Birch_A from 1.539 to 1.107
    Birch_B from 661 to 469
    Birch_C from 961 to 745

Full list of polycounts per asset can be found in the documentation: http://staggart.xyz/unity/fantasy-adventure-environment/fae-documentation/#polycount-and-lods

After the package has been approved I will do an update, doing so now will probably put the package at the start of the queue :p

Thanks to everyone who ran the benchmark! Performance is pretty good overall (at least on dedicated GPU's), but could be better. I noticed the terrain was eating up +2000 drawcalls, which ate about 20 FPS in the editor alone, so I've fixed it.

Edit: Updated the benchmark build. Quality settings will now also toggle certain post effects. Runs much much faster now! http://staggart.xyz/public/FAE_Benchmark.rar

Last edited: Aug 7, 2017
    Acissathar and rrahim like this.
  12. seanweech

seanweech

Just ran the benchmark on my Surface Pro 4 (I'm on vacation and don't have access to my desktop) and all I can say is wow! I was able to get an average of over 30 fps on this machine and it's only using Intel integrated graphics! (I was of course on the lowest settings however and at 1620x800 resolution) I didn't notice any major problems on the demo at all, and have to say that the optimization is great! I really think that by splitting the areas up and reducing drawcalls through occlusion works really well! I'm excited to run another benchmark on my desktop when I get home, awesome job Staggart!

StaggartCreations likes this.
  13. neoshaman

neoshaman

Can I haz video playthrough instead?

14. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Noticed a significant increase in performance scores since I updated the benchmark, mostly doubled, so great! I'll make these results public once I find the time to make the front-end more sturdy.

Appended a section to the demo scene for the new pine trees, for now it's only one variant, but I'll be sure to add two more.

Polycount (and LODs): 962, 596, 436

Impression shot:

I've also added some new color options to the branch substances. So you can set up a color gradient on the branches, here's a giffy: https://twitter.com/JonnyIO/status/894848460620533760

TeagansDad, rrahim and Acissathar like this.
  15. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Darn, the package was rejected because Ethan was included. You will have to import the package separately to use the third person controller in the demo scene.

I will resubmit it today, along with all the updates and new assets.

Added:
    - Branch substances now feature gradient options
    - Pine_A tree
    - Palm_A tree

Changed:
    - Added sections to demo scene for Pine and Palm trees to flurish
    - Reduced polycount of birch trees by ~30% through branch mesh optimization
    - Adjusted normals of spruce trees for better compatibility with other shaders
    - Branch substances are no longer fixed to 1024px
    - SnowCover slider on tree branch substances is now more accurate
    - Recompiled shaders with Amplify Shader Editor v1.2.0.001
    - Sunshaft effects now also receive fog

Fixed:
    - Color grading texture, blacks taking on a red glow

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  16. roykoma

roykoma

17. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Beat me to it! :D Thankfully the re-submission only took a few days.

Please consider rating/reviewing the package once you're familiar with it. After three ratings an average will be displayed, which will help its store presence ;)

seanweech likes this.
  18. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

You might come across this funky bug where the tree trunks move at a different speed from the branches

I've managed to fix it and will push it in an update today.

Quick reminder, you can still run the PC demo/benchmark for a chance to win a voucher key on September 1th: http://staggart.xyz/public/FAE_Benchmark.rar

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
  19. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The aforementioned update is now available, approval was super speedy :D

Fixed:

- Tree trunks and branches not moving synchronously when Static Batching is enabled
    - PigmentmapGenerator will now work with any uniform terrain size and position

Also started prototyping a method for rendering tree billboards. That way I can add imposters to the tree LODs, which should allow you to place much more of them at a much smaller performance cost.

One problem I can forsee is that if you change the color properties of the branch, the billboard won't match. So I'll have to see if I can include the scripts to re-render the billboard yourself.

20. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Will be adding a variant of the cliff shader which features snow coverage functionality. I want to add a control map feature, so it's possible to have the effect increase as the rocks move into, for instance, a snowy biome.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    TeagansDad, Acissathar and rrahim like this.
  21. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Added the coverage mask functionality.

By taking a top-down screenshot of your terrain and pasting it into an image editor, you can paint a B/W mask of where the coverage effect should show.

This mask bitmap can be assigned in the scene's CliffAppearance script, which will apply it to all rocks.

22. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Spent most of the day looking into something I've been meaning to figure out, namely tree billboards. The Unity/UE SpeedTree modelers are able to generate these upon exporting. But go figure, that's not an option :p

After a bunch of fiddling I worked out a pipeline that will poop out a texture with a render of a tree from all four sides. Subsequently I can use this texture on a billboard mesh.

In this scene, there are 1250 instances of a tree, at about 5/6.5 million tris. By replacing the last LOD with a billboard this is brought down to 40/55k tris.

So bottom line I'll add billboards to the tree assets in the future, so it's possible to have a lot more of them on screen.

jacobgmartin and Inspeinre like this.
  23. neoshaman

neoshaman

Why not have a channel mask to sync the change on the billboard too?

24. pksunkara

pksunkara

The snow shader looks really good. :)

I guess you can use the coverage mask functionality to do all kinds of different biomes like desert, etc..

25. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

There's an issue with some of the shaders on OSX. I've identified the issue and fixed it. I'll be able to submit an update next week after GamesCom.

26. sighter

sighter

Hello, is there a visible footsteps system for snow ? beautiful environment by the way

jacobgmartin likes this.
  27. Ramulos

Ramulos

This asset looks awesome! I so wanna buy it but I need to know first, does it support pc VR? HTC-Vive specifically? If yes then instant buy!

28. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Nope, that would be something completely different from this asset pack ;) I suppose you could always use a particle effect or decals to achieve something like that.

I don't have a Vive so I can't say for certain. To my understanding there is nothing crazy going on that would cause issues with a VR camera. As long as you play it smart and keep the frame rate high.

29. joeee19

joeee19

Hi.
    It's very cool.

Is this support Metal iOS Device?

30. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

After next update it will, for OSX at least. However, I wouldn't use the assets on mobile, since they are developed with desktop/console platforms in mind. Performance will most likely be not be any good.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  31. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

New update will hopefully be available this week.

Added:
    - Cliff coverage feature (snow, grass, etc)
    - Custom inspector for CliffAppearance script
    - Demo scene to showcase the cliff coverage functionality

Fixed:
    - Shaders now work correctly on OSX

TIL that when using trees on the terrain they don't have collision unless they have a Capsule Collider attached. Since most users use the terrain to place trees (personally, I think it's terrible) I'll replace the Mesh Colliders with Capsules. I won't remove the tree collider meshes, so anyone who wishes to use them can still do so ;)

Also fixed an issue with the tree branches turning pitch black when using DirectX 9.

I have to fiddle some more with the tree billboards before I can add them. Want to make sure they match the colors of the trees, since they can be changed.

32. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

The package currently has no ratings, I'd appreciate it if you would please take a moment to rate it here: https://assetstore.unity.com/account/downloads :)

I'm in the process of refactoring the tree Substance setup. Rather than having all branches and trunk materials in the "FAE_Trees" container, I've split it up into one container per tree type. It's also much faster in the editor when editing properties, so that's a plus!

This is mainly so I can put the branch, bark and billboards under one roof. This way when you change the color of the branches or the bark, the billboards will be colored accordingly ;)

Along the way I made a new bark Substance for the pine trees, previously they were using the spruce bark:

With this pipeline set up, I've produced tree billboards for all the assets. Making the tree assets better usable for open landscapes.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  33. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Quick video showing the billboards in action:

The billboards will maintain the same wind animation as the actual tree, which makes the LOD transition even less noticable ;)

rrahim likes this.
  34. rrahim

rrahim

I love the update keep up the great work, I'm looking forward to more of your work!

35. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Thank you:)

I added a section to the first post which lists the features I will be adding or improving.

jacobgmartin likes this.
  36. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

New update is available!

Added:
    - Billboard LODs for all trees. Allows you to have much more trees on screen.
    - LOD crossfading to cliff shaders, less noticeble pop-in.
    - New Pine bark Substance material

Fixed:
    - Tree branches turning black on DirectX 9
    - Color bleeding on dead pine branches
    - Wrong material on Cliff_E LODs

Changed:
    - Trees now have a capsule collider, so they work as terrain trees. Tree colliders have not been removed, you can use these instead if you wish
    - The Trees Substance container has been split up, each tree type has it's own container now.
    - Spruce_B is now a little more distinct from its counterparts.

The next update will see a $5 price increase, to account for the features that have been added since the initial release.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017
  37. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Redid the PigmentMapGenerator script entirely, the result is now 100% accurate and the grass blends way better with the terrain. And is also not limited to 4 textures anymore, so whatever fancy terrain shader you might use, the pigment map will match its color.

Old vs new:

Blending/no blending:

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  38. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

39. evilangel89

evilangel89

It deserves to be there. I saw this asset from the awards finalist list and just came here to see and boy isn't my mind blown. Great work you've done here mate.

40. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Updated the showcase video with more footage (now 60fps), and added a new in-editor video

41. Ramulos

Ramulos

Hello Jonny,

Fist off I wanna say that this asset is amazing. It looks beautiful in-game. Currently I'm using them in my VR game so can confirm that these work in VR and look absolutely gorgeous. I was wondering if you could help me squeeze out every drop of optimization for this case though since VR is very performance heavy. Currently most of the visible trees are bill-boarded(wonderful update) but of varying size with a good amount nearby being rendered at different lod's. Ive already checked static for everything, checked the shader instancing, and implemented culling.

Can I combine the materials on the trees? Or would this not work due to the leaves and bark not being static and animating differently?

I tried to combine the textures into an atlas but I get an error saying it cant combine due to it not being a texture2D. Is there any way around this? can non texture2D's be combined into an atlas? I was trying to use the Mesh Baker LOD asset (https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/12276) incase your familiar with it but the atlas issue was preventing me from making it work.

Any suggestions regarding the trees and their settings for reducing Batching and SetPassCalls?

I haven't been working in Unity for too long (a few months) so forgive me if the solutions are a bit obvious. And thank you again for this wonderful asset. Really takes the visual experience in my game to a whole new level. Finally good luck on the Asset Store awards, you got my vote :D.

42. Exeneva

Exeneva

I tried to modify the materials of the cliffs, but every time I enter play they revert back to the default settings for the detail strength and roughness. Any idea why?

Shmoebagel likes this.
  43. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Good it hear nothing exploded in VR! And thank you for your vote :D

I did not combine the branch and trunk materials into one, because it would make the trunk also render with a cutout shader and the all features the branch has. It would also not be possible to slap a different trunk material on a tree.

I believe Mesh Baker fails to work because the textures are from Substance materials. You'd have to export the textures from the Substances to TGA files, like so:

After doing so, press CTRL+R to refresh the asset database and they will show up as .TGA files. Pretty tedious, sorry!

A few tips:
    • Use only one tree variant (A,B or C), make sure the instances have a random scale and Y-axis rotation, so it's hardly noticeable that it's the same tree. This will ultimately reduce drawcalls.
    • Make sure objects are scaled uniformly. Uniform and non-uniformly scaled objects cannot be batched together.
    • Increase the "Pixel error" value and/or disable shadow casting on your terrain, this saves on a ton of draw calls. Usually the terrain is covered by objects, so these changes are hardly noticeable.
    • Reduce the shadow distance in the Quality Settings, this can save a bunch of drawcalls.
    • If you're not them, disable the Capsule Collider component on the trees.
    I'll have a look and see if I can replicate it! I will submit an update next week, so if anything I'll see if I can include a fix for that.

Edit: Fixed it, until you update you can break the prefab instance of the CliffAppearance object to circumvent this (GameObject -> Break prefab instance)

Last edited: Sep 24, 2017
  44. Exeneva

Exeneva

If you figure it out, please let me know. I have unfortunately made too many customizations for me to do a clean update of the asset. A jumping puzzle I made using the cliffs:

I have some interesting ideas I want to try out, but it would involve commissioning you to make more rocks and things for the pack. I'm curious if you'd be willing to accept commission work for a discount if it will be included with future pack updates.

By the way, I recommend not using mesh colliders for the rocks (or if you do, please mark them as convex). I'm replacing most of them with box colliders for performance, but one thing you can do is add box colliders to each and then uncheck them.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  45. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

Until the update, if you break the prefab instance of your CliffAppearance object the issue will go away. This was due to the way I wrote the inspector, which I've revised now.

You are right about the colliders, I opted to not make them convex for situations where you walk on them. However, convex may be the better default option. I'll also add an optional box collider component.

Coincidentally, I have been thinking about adding new rocks these past few days. I do also believe it would be beneficial to add rocks of a different style. I commissioned the current rocks myself, since my sculpting skills are pretty non-existent. I will probably contact the same person about more work ;)

If you have something in mind that aligns with the direction I'm aiming for, I can prioritize it at a reduced rate. Shoot me and email at contact@staggart.xyz so we can discuss it further ;)

46. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

47. Ramulos

Ramulos

Hello again. Thank you so much for all this info and super fast reply too! Ill be sure to take it all into account. I did as you told me to and exported to TGA files which fixed the issue allowing the textures to atlas. After setting up the MeshBakerLOD system and running it it threw another error "Not allowed to access uv on mesh 'Combined Mesh (root: scene) 123' (isReadable is false; Read/Write must be enabled in import settings)" though none of the files in the asset seem to have import settings available to change the read/write. I realize the field is by default deactivated to preserve memory but is there a way in this case to reactivate it?

Thank you again for all your help and tips and for your quick response :). Sorry to keep bothering you with issues from another asset.

48. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

That's quite alright, things are supposed to work with other tools, preferably ;)

I just checked the tree asset meshes, and it appears that Read/Write is enabled by default when saving a mesh as a .asset file (which is the case for the trees and LODs).

The name "'Combined Mesh(root: scene)" implies the trees are being batched. You might have to disable the "Batching Static" flag under the Static options. I'm not entirely sure, but I believe MeshBakerLOD will combine the meshes into batches itself once it has finished its operation.

49. StaggartCreations

StaggartCreations

New update has been submitted!

Added:
    - Grass blending with the terrain color is now 100% accurate, and no longer limited to the first 4 terrain textures.
    - Random rotation parameter to GrassAtlas substance

Changed:
    - Polished demo scene some more + performance improvements
    - Cliff shader, increased base-intensity of detail normal map
    - Cliff prefabs, set collider to "Convex" by default, added an optional Box Collider component
    - Seperated the grass substance from the vegetation container
    - Dust motes now use the Sunshaft particle shader, so they react better to lighting conditions

Fixed:
    - CliffAppearance reverting some values to prefab defaults on play
    - Face normals on fern mesh

Exeneva likes this.
  50. Exeneva

Exeneva

Saw your interview on 80.lv - pretty interesting!
    Also sent you an email about a work commission ;) Let me know if you didn't receive it!