Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Extended Fields - Share variables between scripts with drag and drop

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by danBourquin, Sep 7, 2021.

1. danBourquin

danBourquin

ExtendedField – card large.png Hello everyone, I'm Dan and I'm using Unity since 6 years now. During this time I made a lot of custom unity tools. This year I force myself to try publishing on the Asset Store. I knew it won't be easy and it was not. I had to learn how to create marketing assets like video and picture. And I did it ! I'm happy to announce you that my first asset is on the Unity Store! I'm planning to publish some others depending on how this one is appreciate.

For this first asset I decided to publish an editor tool who give the possibility to share variable between script with only a drag and drop on inspector.

Buy Extended fields on the Asset Store !

When prototyping it's important to be able to test quickly without creating a lot of script. Because of that I decided to create this asset that give you a lot of control over a property.

Features
    1. Standard : You'll have the standard editor field on inspector and you'll be able to specify the value you want to use
    2. Exposed field : It will use the property or the field of another script. Drag and drop the other script and choose the "Exposed" value to use.
    3. Unity System variable : It so usefull to have a quick access to unity system variable like Version, Company, ...
    4. Global Variable : This mode will get a scene global variable created and updated by any script who want to do it. Just give the variable name.

These functionnalities are available for :
    • float
    • int
    • bool
    • Vector2
    • Vector3
    • string

To see how it work you can check out this video:

Customization

It's possible to apply this logic to other classes. If you have any special needs or request I'll be happy to think about implementing them!

Of course if you have question or suggestion (even if you don't have buy the asset) I'll be glad to read them!

Buy Extended fields on the Asset Store !

Last edited: Sep 7, 2021