Search Unity

[RELEASED] Etherea1 - Full Planets for Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imerso, Apr 6, 2012.

1. imerso

imerso

The asset is in a standby state, and there is no prevision for new activity on it.

Also, Unity Indie is only supported in older versions (pre-dx11). There is no intention to bring Indie support again to the latest version. I did not test the latest version under Mac, so I cannot guarantee it still works under OSX.

Thanks,

imerso

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  2. GregMeach

GregMeach

Thank you for the update.

PS I also sent you an email about your web site and source code. Looking forward to your reply :cool:

3. BES

BES

Guess that was too much to ask... still haven't learned from earlier in this thread have you?

But whatever ..guess I wasted money on something I cant use now...

4. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Yeah, it's really not OK to leave this as-is. I can't update to the latest version because it's more buggy than the previous one (despite the water and shader improvements). What happens when I need to import it into a new project? I have to do it manually I guess.

Imerso – don't worry about new features, just please get the bugs fixed so that people can get some value from the money they gave you.

5. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

This is what bothers me about the asset store.

Not updating, does not work, and yet there it sits... 150 bucks. Unity gets their share, buyer goes to the store to pick up a bottle of KY.

6. Marionette

Marionette

lol. mebbe it was made with the 'personal edition'? hehe

AlanGreyjoy likes this.
  7. AlanGreyjoy

AlanGreyjoy

I was mid drink when I read this lol. Hot coffee on my shirt xD

Marionette likes this.
  8. ZJP

ZJP

Razmot likes this.
  9. Razmot

Razmot

WTF I just watched this episode of galactica yesterday - oh I see - cylon resurrection ship for resurrecting old threads.

But I came here to say something useful : etherea is still good and used by some. We have the full source !

And making the shaders work on unity5 is not so hard - your flavor may differ I have a special version.

- removing some ".st" at the end of few MultiplyUV / changing a u and v to x and y somewhere ( when the error is invalid subscript)
    - adding some TEXCOORD3 to TEXCOORD6 in some struct vtx_out - for some errors about vert functions
    - upgrading the shader model to 5 when there is a "too many instructions" - limits to recent GPU but etherea is not for your cell phone anyway :p

IMHO immerso the author should come here make a small update - maybe those unity5 fixes - and lower the price. in fact I'm gonna drop him an email suggesting that :)

10. ZJP

ZJP

Works well on Unity 5 for me. In fact, works well since Unity 4.3.... :p

11. imerso

imerso

As said in the other thread, this was for Unity3D 4.x, and is not for 5.x. There is no more development going on that. I don't want to update that code because there is a long time I don't open Unity and honestly I don't have time for that. That should be clear in the Asset Store description, it is only there because this is a bit hard to remove.

Anyway, I am thankful to everyone, even the ones throwing stones at me. =)

Good luck.

12. Snownebula

Snownebula

I think your site is down.

13. Endico

Endico

would like to place trees / fauna etc...but i just cant seem to be able to access the mesh and place them ...ideas?(i know i'm 3 years late but this is still an amazing package ..and one of the reasons its still on the asset store , right?).