Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Etherea1 - Full Planets for Unity3D

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by imerso, Apr 6, 2012.

1. ZJP

ZJP

:(

Thank you to confirm what I think has always been: Never use an asset that has no competitors.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2013
  2. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

Yes, this was a waste of a purchase.

3. Jimson

Jimson

was anticipating this update, even for the extra cost, is a shadows-on-surface update out of the question too?

4. exiguous

exiguous

it's a pitty. i have purchased directly from your website some time ago. as you are, contrary to your promises, unable or unwilling to provide a stable (shadows) or compatible (dx 11 is 4 years old!) product this must be considered fraud. i see no dx-11 incompatibility note in your product description.
    i think your reputation is gone and i hope that you sell no more assets to credulous users.
    when the package does not fullfill UT's quality criteria why is it still there? does UT participate in this fraud?

5. imerso

imerso

DX11 support in Unity3D appeared more than one year after the extension was published. Also, full planetary rendering is very new to everyone -- which explains why there are no competitors yet, up to this date. Those who fully understand how complex it is, usually thank me by email and always hilight how cheap it was for the amount of work spent.

This is not a trivial task to have it working perfectly in every situation, but I always included the full source-code in the package, so people could improve by themselves. I also made it always clear (at least in the forums) that the extension is not easy to use, although flexible (if you know how fractal generation works). I always made clear that this was work in progress and more programmer friendly than artist friendly.

I cannot see how this may be called fraud, and sincerely if I were you I would choose better my wording, as a legal repair may apply.

6. exiguous

exiguous

i'm aware of that but when you exclude all dx11 projects by simply not updating the shaders accordingly this does not match this category of "every situation" imo. this is a pretty common case and not the special case you want make us believe.

but its usually not easy to step into such complex code of someone else and simply make required changes. when you read your thread there are many people disappointed who have your code but are not able to adapt it to their special needs. it would be ok when you had a finished product and clearly state what it is capable of and what not. but as you had a "work in progress" and made some promises the people hoped that it would evolve into what they need some day. so the issue is that you made promises and people purchased your product because of them and you simply abandon your product and offer a more advanced one for an additional purchase. i wonder how you have time for this when the previous one is not ready and still work in progress as you mention yourself. so the issues are your priorities. 150 $ is much money for many people and they expected to get a decent product for it. i don't remember exactly but wasn't there a slogan on your website to purchase the product to support development of this package?

a work in progress should be finished sometimes and find a happy end. thats all the people here want a stable and useable package. you encash the people and then simply drop support for it.

lol. you seem to be very desperate for cash. simply prove me and all the sad voices in your thread wrong by delivering what you made us believe to deliver. when you want to charge people again for what they should already get with the first purchase i get a very bad feeling. i'm not a lawyer so my opinion and wording is simply based on my opinion. and where i live opinions can still be told freely.

7. exiguous

exiguous

and thats why it should not run under dx11 right? there are many packages released before dx11 and most of them had become an update to tolerate or support it.

that you get an impression what i mean by "promise" i have cross-read parts of your 2 threads and copied passages i find important. they are in no particular oder and mostly quotes of you so i did not pay attention for proper quoting. i suggest you read it and tell us how you would feel as your own customer.

At this moment there is no automated way to put things over the terrain, but this feature is in my todo list.

The builtin physics is going to be replaced in the next update.

You talked about a longitude/latitude system. Are you working on this?
    Yes, but not today. Eventually there will be something to help easier placement using latitude and longitude, but I can't promise a date.

You are right, shadows are currently unsupported.

06-17-2013
    In a month or two, I am planning to make a big update to Etherea1 on AssetStore:
    - Cleaned up code with consistent variable names and better structure;
    - Cleaned up shaders with correct compilation under DX11 (although *not* using DX11 specific features);
    - Lots of performance optimizations;
    - Better planetary generation with less jittering for really huge planets;
    - Better collision detection support (including an alternative detection code without using Physx);
    - Events to callback your code when new terrain patches are generated, so you can easier extend it;
    - Double-precision system for really *huge* universe;
    - Network code using the builtin Unity3D network API.
    This is a *lot* of new work, resulting in a much improved version, and I will even include this game in the package:

Most updates (including cleaned up code, DX11 compatible shaders, better collision detection and the new events) will make it to Etherea1 original package. So, Etherea1 buyers will get all this for free.

Etherea1 itself works, but is not currently compatible with DX11 projects. If you currently enable the "DX11" option in your Unity3D project, you wont see any planets at all. Some shaders are not compiling on DX11 projects yet.

I don't have more time to spend on improvements to this extension, so it's now frozen for the time being.

This will include full source-code and priced at about USD 150.00 in the Asset Store. But will be submitted to the Asset Store only when complete and polished.

For those who *really* believe in my word when I say that it's still unfinished but really close now, is is available right now, with full but incomplete source-code (although already functional) for USD 99.00 through Paypal. The current version is functional but still lacks some visual features (like the atmospheres), and needs some polishment here and there.

Those who buy before the final release of course will get some special attention from me and may receive some gifts in the future.

Vegetation and other geometry can definitely be added to the planets --- I did not implement this part yet, but it is planned and will be handled in an automatic way (no need to manually place things).

What I can tell at this point is, it is being done, as I'm spending my weekends on it.

It WILL run under every supported platform, very soon.

The only reason for it not being Android | iPhone compatible is because of the current CG shaders complexity (they are too long and use some semantics not available on those mobile platforms), but I know how to make them work on those as well, it's just a matter of time --- as I said before, I can only work on that at nights and weekends. The final extension will run on absolutely ALL platforms (Windows, Macintosh, iPhone, Android and Web).

It even runs in preview mode, within the editor. And more, it is even compatible with all the builtin Unity3D lights, both in forward and deferred shading modes.

You will be able to interfere with the planet geometry, forcing the overall terrain shaping, but not at the extreme level of detail like painting little features at the ground level. That level of detail would require too much storage space and video ram, increasing a lot the minimum hardware requirements, so I'll be using a different approach for that.

I agree that erosion is a nice feature. This is on the improvements list.

A cloud system is a nice feature that is on the improvements list.

there may be many more. don't want to waste too much of our precious time. there are many/few/some? people unhappy with the current state of the project they purchased. and in your mercurial repository there has not been an update for over 8 moths now. you have raised the hope of the people and then dissapointed at least some of them. thats why i complain.

8. ZJP

ZJP

Personnaly, i'm only looking for :
    - Cleaned up shaders with correct compilation under DX11 (although *not* using DX11 specific features);

One of the things promised three months ago with an ETA of one or two month. I lost my illusions about a better tool.

9. Paul-Schulze

Paul-Schulze

Oh man, this is so sad...

Someone provides you guys with a dirt cheap prototype of a USP you can take and pitch basically as is and all you can do is complain until the guy is so demotivated that he doesn't continue development. Oh and if it doesn't produce quick results just go and cherry-pick the features you need. Fact of the matter is, the product worked as advertised when I bought it and updates are not free by any decree of law, you usually have to pay for those! Unity 3.5 to 4.0 anyone? If the author decides to give you updates for free, this is customer service and good public relation management (or just out of the kindness of his heart). Besides that, this product needs to be modified for a game anyways, so you better get cracking.

Imerso: I really like your implementation, good work so far. Take your time.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2013
  10. exiguous

exiguous

the development is dead for 8-10 months now. long before most of the complaints startet. so the causality in your statement is wrong. actually its other way round. people complain because they don't get what was promised when they purchased. and this is a natural process.

windows 7 to 7 SP1?
    noone expects a product to be heaviliy developed for years and still be freely updated all the time. but this is not what is happening here. imerso created a product and created the impression of lots of "ideas" and planned features for it. then he asked people to purchase it to support development. then he starts a new project (galaxy thingy) and the first one does not get any more attention and this while the first project is still not "ready" regarding to promised features. naturally he want to charge for the second project again where all the "missing" stuff is magically included. thats as if i would pay for an unfinished car and the seller promises to put some wheels on it then he does not and want me to pay again an even higher price for a car with wheels. thats why i used the f-word in one of my posts as i can't imagine that this is legal. if it is shame on mankind.

i agree. modifications are almost always neccessary and i don't have a problem with modifications to adapt it to my needs. but why should every customer himselfmake it run under dx11 or do the long promised optimizations? that is stuff imerso "promised" without force, even for etherea1 customers. then he simply drops the project and this causes bad customer relations naturally. what do you or he expect? the product has a high price tag so i think one can expect a quality asset and not only a "prototype" which needs fixes at every corner. especially when the advertising threads are full of promises that this stuff comes "automtatically".

11. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Hey all, I have an issue I'm hoping someone's seen...

I'm getting giant black spots forming on the terrain, anywhere the main light is obscured.

I've attached 3 images. One shows the effect from the ground, another shows multiple black spots on mountaintops, and the last shows what happens when the light dips below the horizon.

I'm running a brand new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 775M (2048 MB) on an iMac.

I've emailed imerso, so I'm still hoping he'll reply, but I figured I'd ask here just in case.
    $large spot.png

$multiple black spots.png

$from ground.png

12. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Hmm actually it's not an obscuring thing. See here:

$Screen Shot 2013-10-13 at 6.01.09 PM.png

13. imerso

imerso

Thanks for the support. Yes, I am demotivated for a number of reasons.

I will try to list some here, and although I somewhat understand people's complaints, the following reasons led me then to just stop supporting the extension and work privately.

First, some people started posting the source-code in pirate forums. Very disgusting, I would say.

Second, some people started claiming authorship over the source-code, and when I tried to tell them not to do that they told me that "they bought the source so they could do and say whatever they wanted".

Third, some people don't understand how new planetary rendering is yet. I know they don't do this intentionally, they probably came to game dev just recently, so they think that everything is easy and must work perfectly at first because "hey, game dev is so easy, we just click here and drop there, and it works". For this new generation of game devs, experimental things like Etherea1 won't fit. They did not notice though that CryEngine 3 does not do planet rendering yet. Unreal 4 does not do planetary rendering yet. Unity3D 4.0 (out-of-the-box) does not do planetary rendering yet. Even with me providing the full source-code of what I could accomplish is still called fraud.

Also, from Unity3D 3.5 (dx9) to 4.0 (dx11) everyone paid again without complaints. Unity has million dollars support from supporting entities. They have a solid structure. I have not. I work alone, at home. But yet, most want Etherea1 to be updated to dx11 for free. They claim that if it is not compatible with the new dx11 support, it's broken, and I must fix it for free, or it's fraud.

This all led me to demotivation. I was indeed considering releasing Ethereal Galaxy, but I believe there won't be enough return from that. I will just see everything happening again: the source published in pirate forums, (some) people claiming authorship of the planetary code, and things like that.

I won't say this is conclusive yet, but I need to find a way where this is good for everyone. For now, though, the extension is in a standby state.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2013
  14. ZJP

ZJP

So, are much for releasing the actual Etherea (without new options ) under DX11?

15. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

For what it's worth, I'd be happy to pay for a 2.0 of Etherea1 if it delivered cool new options. You've created something pretty spectacular and I want to pay for your support and continued development.

16. exiguous

exiguous

as long as software exists it gets pirated. this is a matter of fact. if you don't want this simply don't develop software.
    on the other hand. everyone who attempts to use your package commercially pays for it. so there is no real harm done as the pirated code lays somewhere on pirates computer but is not properly used. i doubt that a single game is released with your pirated package. so i don't really understand your complain. when you work privately i guess you will release something sometimes but why do you think this will not get pirated?
    when you stop supporting your package because of this you don't punish the pirates, which usually don't notice or don't care, you punish the people who paid you and who will not make this mistake again.
    just imagine bill gates had shut down microsoft because Win95 got pirated by some people. he did not and so they are still there and still successfull.
    imo a very weak argument or even a lame excuse.

this is beyond good and evil and more a case for a lawyer i guess. should have no influence either as it is not relevant for all other customers. you can't punish many people for the mistakes of some. as all honest customers have no influence on that.

if you refer to me with this paragraph you have a completely wrong imagination of my situation and intentions. i'm not new to game dev. and i'm following other attemps for planetary rendering for years (fe infinity engine). and i know that i could not accomplish such a thing myself.
    as told i purchased directly from your website and i cannot remember that you stated there it is an incomplete prototype which NEEDS to be adjusted for own purposes. in the forum you raised the impression it is in active development so the people could hope that it evolves somewhen in a mature state.

with everyone you mean pro users? and they pay after a period of 2 to 3 years. and they usually pay a fraction of the initial price (25-30 %). and they pay for a mature stable product whereas etherea is something like a template/prototype like you say. and they pay for a complete engine which is in use most of gamedev time where your product is just a part of a game and thus just partly in use. and why do you think people don't complain about this? afaik there are still some 3.5 users which avoid upgrading possibly to avoid the cost of it.
    so i think there are quite some differences in your comparison.

they provide a great product, thats why they are successfull. i think you misinterpret the causality. first is the hard and good work, then is the success. you can't expect people to pay you again and again without seeing a real progress. note thate etherea 1 repository has not been changed for around 11 months now. i'm quite sure if you provide a good, mature and stable product you could be more successfull. if that is worth your time i don't know. but i certainly know that financial success does not come from complaints, hollow promises and abandoned work. look at some packages and their creators in the asset store. some have a reputation that one can purchase another package of them without a demo or watever and still be sure its top qualtiy and support. you have clearly shown that you are not one of those persons. and this is just bad for yourself and your future intentions. and thats why i wanted to warn you that you loose reputation by abandoning a product people have paid 100 or 150 dollars for. and the named reasons beeing quite incomprehensible.

dx11 is not a niche technology it is mainstream and will become more and more important over the next years. when you don't want to support it you loose sales and possibilities of the new features. but then i wonder why it is not explicitely stated in the product description that etherea1 is INCOMPATIBLE with dx11? from a law point of view i guess noone can force you to provide this. but from an "honour point" of view you loose quite reputation for refusing to update. thats why i posted as i hope people don't purchase your assets any more to avoid "bad" support. many other packages have made dx11 compatibility for free. so it leaves quite a bad feeling when you want to charge for it again. i don't know if its a small change here and there or a complete rewrite and it costs time, but you could still benefit from it. and it sounds to me you have done this already in your galaxy thing so it just need to be ported. and refusing this to your customers and forcing them to pay again a much higher price for basically the same functionality (when you don't need the galaxy stuff) leaves a bad feeling for me.
    if a requested feature is completely out of scope just tell it and give a reason and most people will understand. but bugfixes and compatibility (yes, dx11) should be normal support work. and if you can't accomplish this it MUST be stated in the product description.

i think some of your users are also quite demotivated. for me i can say this is the single most annyoing asset purchase in the price range 50+$. i'm simply seasoned that people who want to earn money by their products also try to make their customers "happy" or at least satisfied. your behavior is contradictory to that and so i'm quite surprised. and i wonder what you expect from your customers.

not now. since almost a year already. read your thread until this date and you will see almost no complaints. just kind feature requests you reacted positively to.

just put yourself in the position of one of your customers and tell if you would be a happy one. or imagine a business partner treats you like you treat us. we have not the solid numbers about costs and outcome so we cannot tell if it is worth it for you. but providing a product and charging a significant amount for it in my opinion you also generate quite some responsibility. from what i read here in the thread the flow (cash) is mainly in your direction but the return (features, improvements) is laking. i have no numbers to verify how long you work on it so its simply the impression i get.

you are the developer of etherea1 and we are some customers. you have abandoned an "unfinished" product we paid for and this naturally annoys us. from my point of view your communication led to the desperation and escalation of your thread. maybe your expectations are wrong, maybe ours are (albeit less probable because more people). but you are the only one who could lead this to a good end. if pirates and demanding customers annoys you so much leave software development. if you intend to continue it you must certainly work on your communications and support skills.

Edit:
    for dx11 support and optimizations i (and probably others) would pay another 50 $.
    suggestion:
    you create a new updated dx11 package and sell it for a higher price in the store so people could choose wether they need it or not.
    all existing customers get the option to update if they want.

i agree with you that the galaxy thing would not sell that good as it is too specialized. planets can be used for any game even fantasy rpg. currently you have the monopoly but jesta is working on a similar product with dx11 features. so you alone decide which package will be the "leading" one in future.
    you have started this thread to ask if there is demand for such a technology in the unity community. and there is. if you can't satisfy this demand it's a pity for all of us. especially those who paid you to do so.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  17. imerso

imerso

Yes, you have some strong arguments indeed. I understand your point, sincerely.

Ironically, I already tried to update the package description a few times, and I am always finding a problem with the AssetStoreTools which prevents me to send the description update where I clearly state that "This package is NOT compatible with DX11 projects yet. Also, support and updates are in a standby state". Today, the tool wanted me to increment the package version, but that field was grayed out and disabled. A bug, imho. Quite an irony.

Anyway, ok then. Please give me a few days and I'll upload an update with DX11 compatibility and a few improvements. The update will be available in the AssetStore and in the Repository for everyone, with no additional costs as always happened.

Thank you.

18. exiguous

exiguous

maybe i should become a politician? ;)

thats a good and generous move and i think a good one for you also.

it would be a big loss for unity and the community if your package would vanish into nowhere. in this case most of your previous work would also be wasted (depending on how much the generated income compared to the spent time is).
    all packages which are very successfull are those who are updated frequently with new features etc.. so when you intend to make significant sales in the future you probably need to support and devlop it further.

if i had a major package i would see it like my little child which needs some attention from time to time. this determines if your heart is with the package or if it is only your "cash machine" which is dropped as soon as it does not generate enough revenue. i have purchased and followed your package quite from the beginning and you seemed to me like an "idealist" and not like a "capitalist". this invested time also need to be seen as long term investment. i probably does not pay off immediately but when you have a stable income with over some years this also sums up.

you must also understand and consider the mentality of the people who have purchased your product. the only assetstore package i'm aware of that charged again for a new version is the mixamo animation thing iirc. and it has not been received well. all other packages implicitely offer an "unlimited" update even when the price rises later. and this also include major version increments like from 1.0 to 3.3. so compared to this usual practice your attempt to stop improving and charging again for an improved product seemed to me very inept and thats why it called it an attempt to fraud (just try to understand my position). i know that you need to live and that business is not always simple but you also must see yourself in relation to other asset providers in the store. i don't follow it closely but as beeing said this step of you was new to me.

my offer still remains to pay 50$ for an dx11 update. maybe other people are also that generous. your initial sale webpage has went down and afaik it had a donate button. so please pm me your paypal email adress and i "pay" you as soon as the update arrives. i have no problem to pay good cash for good products which safe me time and do what i need.
    and you could still raise the price for the asset store package but this also might cut down number of sales and be contraproductive.

however, i'm happy that you reconsidered your situation and that i could help you with it. i apologize if i have insulted you with the fraud accusation. but i did not know how to formulate it more kindly ;).
    i suggest you also ask an forum moderator to remove all the off topic discussion from your thread. it should focus on the positive aspects of your package. they are plenty but this does not mean there is no room for improvement. and when people ask for improvments this is also a chance to make it better and not only a burden/obligation. you as developer have always the last word what to implement and what not. and you must think economical on how long it takes you to do so and what it "earns" you. i understand that. but when there are many voices for a certein feature why not consider it.

anyway thanks for your patience and your efforts. when i critizise you this does not mean i don't apreciate your work. from a technical point of view your package is leading edge.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  19. ZJP

ZJP

Just checking the Repository : no update.

20. imerso

imerso

I am still finishing the update, it's coming most probably monday, maybe wednesday, but it's definitely coming.

Thank you for your patience.

21. ZJP

ZJP

Woo!!!. Well done and thanks a lot.

22. ArmsFrost

ArmsFrost

Hi, I am looking to buy this but got a little put off with all the negativity and dx11 issues in this thread.
    is all that sorted now and is the product still in development? is there a second version coming up soon?

Could the demo have a button that shows a few different generated planets?
    The game I am making doesn't require landing on the surface just getting into low orbit and this looks awesome for that.

23. imerso

imerso

An update is coming about wednesday.

Changes:

- DirectX 11 compatibility;
    - Surface shaders are back, so builtin lights (and even shadows) are compatible again;
    - Water is now separate from terrain, and has new algorithm that allows for transparency and underwater;
    - There is a simpler noise generator that you can toggle for slightly better performance at some quality cost.

24. ZJP

ZJP

Nice

Last edited: Jan 30, 2014
  25. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

- Surface shaders are back, so builtin lights (and even shadows) are compatible again;
    - Water is now separate from terrain, and has new algorithm that allows for transparency and underwater;

Wow! I was hoping for those exact features!

26. Razmot

Razmot

Hello, nice to hear there is an update coming .

Any chance we could have some bits of the galaxy package in the future ?

What I personally need is a good long distance rendering / travel system that overcomes the various float instability problems. It could be an addon to etherea1 or a new asset with just this system and simple textured planets !

27. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

What you're describing isn't all that difficult. There are at least two ways to do it:

1. Have a miniature version of your planetary system, dramatically scaled down, and render that over the top of your main camera until planets get close. This is the way Kerbal Space Program does it.

2. When you move a certain distance away from a planet, make it freeze position and start scaling down according to your "actual" distance away from it, using the formula found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angular_diameter

28. imerso

imerso

Although things are going well (dx11 is working perfectly), I am not being able to finish as fast as I would like. I still need to fix some rendering differences between dx9 and dx11 before releasing this update, so everyone is pleased --- please remember that this must run under WebPlayer, Windows (dx9 and dx11), OSX and Linux.

So, this is really very close, but not yet... lets fix the date to saturday, please, I believe it'll worth the wait.

29. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Keep it up! We're excited :)

30. ZJP

ZJP

Yeah.. You should re-open your website. ;)

31. imerso

imerso

Will consider that, thanks for the suggestion. =)

There is a push available today, please backup your current codebase before you update from the repository. Your current planets will need to be reconfigured. Please check the sample to see what changed (a lot, relatively).

That should be considered as experimental until we can confirm it's a real upgrade.

Thanks for your patience,

imerso

32. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Hey imerso – I don't have access to the repo... how do I get that?

33. imerso

imerso

If you did get from AssetStore, you should have an invoice number, please email that (or PM) to me, thanks.

Those who dont want immediate repository access may prefer to wait until the AssetStore team update the code in the AssetStore (takes a week in average).

34. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

I've sent to your email :)

35. ZJP

ZJP

Thank for this great update. Just downloaded. I will test this weekend, and would keep you informed. :D

36. ChristianLinnell

ChristianLinnell

Looking good! The underwater stuff looks fantastic! Looking forward to giving this a solid test.

37. ArmsFrost

ArmsFrost

You should put up a new demo project if it's looking a lot better. :)

38. BES

BES

Thanks imerso! I was surprised when I saw that the asset store had an update for this asset ...since I sort of gave up watching this thread since you said you were done with this project..

You really came through....well done.

39. BES

BES

I only see stuff for Unity Pro users in this update ... I was prepared to make the necessary changes to make it work for Unity free like the previous version but I cant ...its missing those files..

Will it break anything if I copy those files from my other un-updated version of Etherea?

40. ZJP

ZJP

I've some troubles with the water in the 1.5 version. :(

41. imerso

imerso

Oh... I must admit that I thought no one was using this with the Indie version... I will re-add Indie version asap, sorry.

What problems do you have with the water?

I am not fully satisfied as well, not only with the water, but with the LOD as well. This last version has a lot of texture popping, needs a fix asap. I consider this still a better version, smaller and a bit more solid, (also very close to run under mobiles), but it's not perfect yet, unfortunately.

edit: And yet, there is a new collision routine, but I had no time to make a sample using that. I need another opportunity to make use of that collision routine in a sample. The builtin physics is not appropriate for too dynamic meshes, like is the case of a planet. You can of course enable the builtin physics in the planet, but then, with this builtin physx, you still have to give the system enough time to regenerate (you cannot approach a planet too fast).

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  42. ZJP

ZJP

As i said before, i used the water as a sand plaine. I've the same problem with the new version. Pretty sure i've will solve the problem (However, the shaders are more complicated.). ;)

43. exiguous

exiguous

i also want to express my apreciation that you continue work on this package. albeit i had no time to test it yet i read many positive posts here.
    as i said already. maybe ask a moderator to remove the "ugly" discussion and pm me your paypal adress to recive 50 $ for the update from me.
    anyway i'm glad that you listen to your customers and i hope that it pays off for you in the long run.

44. BES

BES

Thanks! ...yeah this is my first game project ..so using the indie version for now..will switch to Pro later...when my first project is done..

Thanks for your continued work on this asset!

45. DSebJ

DSebJ

I'm new to this asset so please excuse the basic question.

Are the features in the video on your website included, flying between solar systems, multiple planets etc? Is it this asset or is that for sale some where else?

Looks awesome!

46. BES

BES

It has been a while imerso ..have you made the indie version of the updated Etherea1 yet? .... haven't seen any updates through asset store about it..

47. imerso

imerso

The game prototype Ethereal Galaxy is not provided, but it's built on top of Etherea1.

48. imerso

imerso

I still need to re-add the indie in the last revision.

Could you use the previous revision before the dx11 support?

49. BES

BES

Yes...but I like the changes in the new version :)

or else I wouldn't be asking for you to make the indie version..

50. GregMeach

GregMeach

So what is the exact status of this asset? $150 is way too much for something that sounds incomplete or is not a solid asset (and has not been updated for 6? months or more) and I'm totally not sure it will work:
    1: With my Mac
    2: With my Unity Free (indie) version

Thanks