Search Unity

[RELEASED] Eternal Temple 3D Art Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mana-Station, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Dayn1 Oh, right) Corrected.

2. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Guys, it seems like the update is finally out, but unfortunately it doesn't work properly. Unity cannot decompress the pack atm. My local copy decompresses just fine, so it is seems to be something wrong with the store's version. I will do everything I can to fix this as soon as possible.

3. JDrem1

JDrem1

Hey no probs. We all know how hard you are working to get the update to us.

And its appreciated. :)

PS. I wasn't being the spelling police. :p
    Just pulling your leg.
    As I am officially "emporer of typoes." <- See. :D

4. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Dayn1 I know ;) Thanks for understanding!

Well, I re-uploaded and re-submitted the pack. The good news is - I used this opportunity to include a few useful prefabs I made while waiting for the update to come out :). The support is notified about the problem and I'm waiting for their response. Thank you guys for being so cool about this, I really appreciate it! :)

JDrem1 and Akshara like this.
  5. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Hey everyone! I'm happy to report that the update 1.5.1 is out and works fine! It imports and decompresses and everything :)

Actually, I did not expect it to be out after just a couple of days I re-submitted it. Kinda getting a feeling that Unity support helped with that, so big thanks to them.

Hope it was worth the wait!
    Please let me know if you like it or face any problems with it.

6. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Awesome ... can't wait to check it out. Thanks for supporting your assets with great updates. Are you still working on any new assets?

7. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Thanks! Yeah, I'm planning on getting a short break, play some good looking games and then continue working on the new pack. I'm still not ready to announce it yet, though :)

Rajmahal and Akshara like this.
  8. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I would give my left nut if dungen support was added to this like you did with Multistory Dungeons. Or I'd even pay an upgrade fee.

9. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@GamifyTheWorld I totally understand, it would be great to have Dungen support here as well. The problem is ET is more of an outdoor environment than a dungeon. This means you have to add a ton of background objects for every little tile you make for top-down mode (cliffs, trees, buildings, ruins etc), plus I haven't figured out a way to connect these tiles together yet, at least without them looking boring and repetitive. I'm afraid it is a tough one to promise, but I still hear you loud and clear and I'll devote some time to give the problem a good thought.

10. TBruce

TBruce

Won't sky textures & materials work?

11. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I completely understand. If you are working on a new environment package, perhaps you might consider that this is a really desirable feature for many of us. If it's too much work to get it into the Eternal Temple package, it is understood. We can only ask so much from an asset developer, and I'd prefer you focus on new assets because I love the work you've done on this and Multistory Dungeons.

And if I could ask for something besides Dungen support (I've already mentioned this in the Multistory Dungeons thread), it would be super duper cool if you put some information in your PDF documentation about setting up the cool lighting that you've done (maybe a cheat sheet of the settings you use when setting up the demo scenes?).

Regardless, I love your work, so get back to creating cool stuff and quit wasting your time talking to me ;)

12. kristiangrundstrom

kristiangrundstrom

Stunning work!

13. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Well, I actually thought of making it a "sky temple" for Dungen. It will require one huge good-looking background, you know, like in Skyforge, or Bastion, and it is still not a simple task, but it is an option.
    https://cdnb.artstation.com/p/asset...2/837/large/masha-mash-1-build.jpg?1457428830
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/gogLx
    If you meant that, than yeah, it is one of the possibilities.

Totally, I'll keep that in mind! And I also remember about lighting guidelines.
    I am actually working on a new pack. I know, there were little news from me for a while - this is because I've been studying a lot. But I hope to finally share some new pictures pretty soon! :)

Thank you! :)

14. TBruce

TBruce

15. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Holy mackerel that would be epic.

I can't wait!

16. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Not an ET related post, but I hope you guys would be interested in seeing my latest work. It is a scene I made for CGMasterAcademy class by Jeremy Huxley who works at Haughty Dog. It was a vegetation study.

A couple more pictures on ArtStation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/WZrP3
    I decided from the beginning that these would be the natural assets for the new pack. The pack itself is more about architecture, but I hope you agree that it would be great to have AAA quality vegetation and rocks as well :)
    This picture is from UE4, but I hope Unity 2018 will be just as capable (you all saw the beautiful demo).
    Hope you like it and please let me know what you think! :)

17. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Looks spectacular. I love the leaves in particular.

18. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Thanks man! :)

19. tbelgrave

tbelgrave

Hiya, I was looking at purchasing this asset, question, is it HDRP compatible?

20. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! I believe we've answered this by email, but I'll repeat it here for everybody :)
    The asset is Built-in only for now. SPR support is planned for later.

21. Swyfft

Swyfft

Hey..
    First want to say that this asset kit looks amazing!!
    I read one review / reply about a fix for the terrain in 2019...
    .. do you have any details about the issue or fix?
    .. is that available somewhere?

Thanks..

22. ManaStation

ManaStation

@Swyfft Hey! Thanks for the kind words! I apologize for such a huge delay, I've missed the post somehow.
    You've probably solved the problem already, but all you have to do is create a new empty material with URP or HDRP shader and assign it to the terrain.

23. Swyfft

Swyfft

All good .. thanks for the info ..

24. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

This thread is awfully quiet. Just for fun, I modified the demo scene a bit and "stylized" it.

ManaStation likes this.
  25. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I didn't yet modify all the textures and shaders, but I thought it would look rather nice using a flat shader and less realism in the textures.

upload_2021-12-29_20-28-29.png

ManaStation likes this.
  26. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Another screenshot. The character is flat shaded, but also has a toon ramp and outline.

upload_2021-12-29_20-30-40.png

ManaStation likes this.
  27. ManaStation

ManaStation

Hey! Thank you so much for sharing these! Looks nice indeed! I like the fire effects and the water too.
    Is this something you're testing for a bigger project? :)

28. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

I've decided to start creating my own game, and I've been wanting to use your assets for a real project for a long time. So you'll see more of this style as I build stuff out. I really love Eternal Temple, but I needed to see what it would take to stylize it a bit with a flat toon style shader and tweaking the textures a bit. I just ran a couple filters on the textures as an experiment. So this was a test run with the demo scene, and I think it will work marvelously once I spend some real time on them.

I say this without any trepidation, your assets on the asset store are by far the best designed and best organized. There are some neat art assets on the asset store, but they don't compare to what you create. Everything you create is just so much better.

Please create more.

ManaStation likes this.
  29. ManaStation

ManaStation

That's great news! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with! Btw, we're kind of gravitating towards this stylized look here at Mana Station as well ;)

Wow, thanks so much man, that means a lot! There are many great assets that we can learn from of course :) We'll continue to work hard and strive to improve every day!

ScourgeGames likes this.
  30. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

Well you know you have my money.

By the way, Tomb raider trilogy is up for free on Epic games right now.

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/free-games

31. ManaStation

ManaStation

Ooh, I had so much fun playing the fist two. Especially the "Rise". Not a huge fan of the "Shadow", though.

32. ScourgeGames

ScourgeGames

It's almost as good as Uncharted, in my opinion. Uncharted was just an amazing series.

33. ManaStation

ManaStation

Oh yes :) Such a great hand-crafted game. Still is a huge source of inspiration for us, actually.

ScourgeGames likes this.