Search Unity

[RELEASED] Eternal Temple 3D Art Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Mana-Station, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Very cool. Though to be honest, I'll probably push it to extreme for mobile and aim for 1024 x 1024. :)

2. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

OMG, I see... well, maybe two years later you would set the res back and call it remaster :D

Rajmahal and S4G4N like this.
  3. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Yep ... that's the plan.

4. smada-luap

smada-luap

Just really starting to explore what's in this, and as I've also got the Multi-Storey Dungeons, I wondered if the two could co-exist in the same scene together.

Well, with a bit of a tweak to the colour value for the albedo texture in the material, I think it can :)

Untitled-2.jpg

Time to go off and see if I can find my creative muse :D

5. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@smada-luap Oh, well done! I didn't notice at first that the wall is from MD :) Looking forward to see where it is going!

6. smada-luap

smada-luap

I don't know how big the whole scene is going to be yet, but this gives me options to have dungeon entrances embedded into cliff faces that could take players to other scenes :)

7. smada-luap

smada-luap

I'm glad there's cliff prefabs in this kit - it's certainly helping me to mark out the edges of the scene but also allowing me to give the impression that you're not just sat in the middle of a great crater but that there are ways out of the area by boat :)

screen_1920x1080_2016-12-31_15-45-05.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2017-01-04_16-26-06.jpg

... and also hints that there's something else in the area :)

Now to go and create the main area and then use the cliffs later to enclose everything (possibly)

JDrem1, TeagansDad and wetcircuit like this.
  8. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@smada-luap Cool! I'm sure you'll be able to make a great level!

9. Sovogal

Sovogal

Just curious, any plans to make some Dungen prefabs like you did for Multistory? It's awesome to just hit generate and get a feel for the possibilities.

10. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Sovogal Yeah, this is still planned, but unfortunately is not likely to happen in the near future. ET has been in development for a ridiculous amount of time for an art pack, and I need to take a break and work on something fresh. Actually, this already happened with the Dungeons. I worked on a new pack for some time an then got back and made DunGen support :)

Sovogal likes this.
  11. Sovogal

Sovogal

I won't argue with awesome new environments!

12. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Sovogal Cool! I'll do my best to make the new pack even better then other two :)

Sovogal likes this.
  13. Stevepunk

Stevepunk

All of your assets are fantastic. I can't believe I only found them today. Looking forward to seeing what I can do with them.
    I like how each large pack as different items to go on the bookshelves. I have to collect them all!

I hope to see a lot more packs in this style in future!

14. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Cereal_Killa Thank you for the kind words! :) Positive feedback is a true reward for an artist!
    There definitely will be more, I hope to share some WIP pictures of the new set on my facebook page pretty soon :)

Rajmahal and Sovogal like this.
  15. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Version 1.4 is out! :)

Eternal Temple now includes mobile version. Big Thanks to @Rajmahal who helped me with advise and testing!

If you experience any problems with mobile version, please let me know, I'll do my best to fix those as soon as possible.
    Mobile version is based on texture atlases and has LODs removed (LOD0 was replaced with LOD1 in most cases).
    It is also possible to get LODs back and make a desktop version based on atlases. The process is really simple, you would just need to copy prefabs from included .rar file to your project (please see the documentation).

Akshara and Rajmahal like this.
  16. smada-luap

smada-luap

Now that I'm beginning to understand how piece A fits in with pieces B and C, things are coming along nicely. :D

screen_1920x1080_2017-01-21_16-08-58.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2017-01-21_16-10-19.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2017-01-21_16-13-31.jpg

screen_1920x1080_2017-01-21_16-14-31.jpg

TeagansDad likes this.
  17. TeagansDad

TeagansDad

@smada-luap That looks fantastic!

How well do these two sets fit in with the 3D Forge kits that you're using? I've had my eye on both Eternal Temple and Multistorey Dungeons for a while (as both are incredible) and I've been looking for a way to rationalize buying them. :)

18. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@smada-luap Hey, those are great views! Seems like everything comes together real nice! Good job, man! :)
    I like your design ideas. That wall on the cliffs and other stuff. Looking forward to see more of your work! :)

19. smada-luap

smada-luap

To be honest, using the textures without any alterations the two kits don't really mesh well together as the art styles are different (this isn't meant to put either Mana Station of 3DForge down in any way). However, if you take the textures and work the colours through various adjustments, etc. in Photoshop (or something similar) then you can get a closer match to what I would call a 'gritter, real world look' of those in 3DForge, so that if you were to place creations from both authors within the same general area then neither would look really out of place, but I wouldn't put them too close as you'd then notice differences in scaling of the various modular pieces out of each kit.

I would say that the Eternal Temple and Multistory Dungeons kits could work as good points of interest in a land that uses 3DForge's Exteriors Kit and have that 'long since died out civilisation' look and awe.

This is all of my own opinion, and others may read this and think "what a complete load of bollocks" to which I'd say "fair enough, that's your opinion and I respect that" :) lol

I might in the future, for myself, rework the colours on the textures in this to make them less of a sandstone look, but for now I'm enjoying what's there and slowly figuring out how each piece fits with the others :D

TeagansDad likes this.
  20. smada-luap

smada-luap

To clarify the last point in the post above (and because I can't upload a pic in edit more), this pic is taken from Mana Station's facebook page of the UE4 version of the temple kit

15626383_555789991283631_4726305738739675510_o.jpg

This may just be the difference in the way UE4 handles lighting, etc. but the colours here are different to the Unity version.

21. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

In case of this screenshot, it's just different settings for directional light. But you are right, adjusting diffuse maps will definitely make a difference and you absolutely should do that to make the assets fit your project better.

22. luis29vm

luis29vm

Hello I just want to say thank you for this excellent asset, I have question can i use the demo for my game?

23. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@luis29vm Thank you for the kind words! :) Yes, demo levels are a part of the pack just like models or textures, so you can use them in your project as normal.

24. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Version 1.5 submitted for review! ET will properly support dungeon areas now. It will also get broken versions of walls, floors, arches and railings. The new prefabs will greatly improve the usability of the package, you can use the same models for both dungeon and outdoor areas. You can even make a seamless transition between the two.

Please take a look at the new demo, I hope it will give a more accurate impression: https://www.dropbox.com/s/o4sdtmpmxutvqsq/Eternal_Temple_Dungeon_Demo_01.rar

Hope you like it!

25. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

oh wow, that's amazing. Are there any example scenes with these new tiles?

26. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Sorry, I just saw the demo ... I wanted to ask whether this demo is in the package as well so I can use as a starting point?

27. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

For anyone on the fence, I just noticed the pack is on sale with this week's 7 on sale assets for the week. Perfect time to buy if you aren't like me and your truck decided it needs tires. lol Gonna definitely try to grab later... When my truck isn't stealing all my money, that is! lol

Great looking update @Mana-Station! And hope you get lots of sales this week while on sale! Great timing with update announcement!

28. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Thank you, Raj! Yeah, the demo is in the pack. I hope it will be approved soon, I submitted it July 26 and it usually takes around 5 days to go live.

@Shawn67 Thank you, that's so nice! :) Sorry about your truck, hope it stays in a perfect condition after that!

29. BackwoodsGaming

BackwoodsGaming

lol.. It's an old truck I picked up to restore.. Unfortunately my only vehicle. So still a lot of work to do, but nothing as pressing as the tires which were pretty close to bald when I picked it up a couple months back.. heheh

30. JDrem1

JDrem1

Can anyone help please. Having incredible fun with this amazing plug-in. But Iv come upon 2 issues I cant find an answer to.

The first scene I tried the prefabs in they worked instantly.

But Now I have specifically designed a scene I want the Temple in. I have found two odd occurrences.

1. A lot of the prefab categories (not all) but most, specifically the pre-made buildings, will not show with textures, when dragged onto scene view. They just come on in Vector (Green lines) mode. With the lights (particle effects) attached.
    I'm not sure what I'm doing, or have done. Anyone have any ideas please?

2, The cliff prefabs work fine. Although they are coming on tiny. I mean like (in real life about 2 feet high.) And have to be sized up. (this is not a problem)
    But a lot of the other prefabs are (again coming on tiny.) Or else not at all.

But another anomaly, which seems related, is the vector boxes that accompany any prefab when dragged onto scene view. So we can rotate / size / move etc, seems normal size, but the prefab it contains is miniscule in comparison...
    And so to be able to see the prefab at all, I am having to increase the size of the vector box to like skyscraper huge, just to make the prefab 6 feet high (in game terms.)

I'm not sure is this is part of the "thing" I must have done to cause the buildings to not be showing (point 1) issue. Or something unrelated.

I have deleted it and re downloaded, and re imported the assets, no joy.

I have also tried other plug-ins, but they are working normally.

I am thinking its something I have done, because it worked 100% on the map before this one.

Thank you any help.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2017
  31. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Dayn1 That sounds really weird, but let's try to figure this out.
    What Unity version do you use? Sometimes newer versions come with surprises. And could you please send me a screenshot with green colored houses? About the scale - sounds like broken import settings for meshes. Not sure how this can happen, but I'll look into it.

32. JDrem1

JDrem1

Thank you so much I will send a couple of screenies in a little while.

I really appreciate the help. I cannot figure it out. :D

33. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

For anyone following the issue above, we've discussed the problem via email and were able to fix it.

Seems like something weird happened locally, because I wasn't able to reproduce the bug with later Unity versions.
    If anybody have the similar scale problem, just make sure that the Scale Factor in the import settings for all source meshes (in Source_FBX folder) is set to 100. I'm not sure if I can safely re-export all meshes with a bigger scale and set this to 1 (default), but if the problem repeats, I'll consider doing this.
    So if anybody faced the same problem, I would appreciate if you let me know! Thanks! :)

34. JDrem1

JDrem1

Yep all sorted now, thanks to The man stationed at mana-station. :D

Oh and as a side point, any news on the Dungeon update "Version 1.5". Has Unity given any green lights?

Thanks. :)

35. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

No, still nothing(( Today is two weeks since I've submitted it for review. They say in FAQ that it can take up to 14 days, so if it's not out tomorrow, I'll contact the support and will keep you guys posted.

36. f1ac

f1ac

I've noticed Unity 2017.1 can't read one of the included textures:
    Could not create texture from Assets/Eternal Temple/Textures/Temple_Floor_02_height.psd: File could not be read
    Reimport does not help. Am I the only one experiencing this?

37. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@f1ac Thank you for reporting this, I'll check it as soon as I can. I probably forgot to convert it from 16 bit to 8.

38. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

About the update - I contacted the support and they said that there is just a lot of submissions at the moment, so it is going to be late, but they reassured that it is not missed and will be out eventually. Thank you guys for being patient so far!

39. JDrem1

JDrem1

Great to hear. Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  40. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Turned out Unity wants it in RGB, not Grayscale. I'll fix it in the next update, but you can fix your copy right now in Photoshop (Image -> Mode -> RGB Color) or any other tool of your choice. And it would not hurt to convert it to 8 bit as well.

41. bullardo

bullardo

Do you guys plan n adding in Dun-Gen support like you did for your other asset?

42. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@bullardo Yes, adding DunGen support is planned, but it might take some time - I have to work on some stuff that can not be postponed at the moment. But we will get there eventually, I received a good response for adding this to MD, so I'm looking forward to working on it for this pack as well.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  43. bullardo

bullardo

Im looking forward to it then, great asset btw.

44. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

45. LootlabGames

LootlabGames

Hello I own this asset and was wondering how I could create that cutout effect(HidablePart) using gimp for some of the other geometry.
    I have tried using a gradient but I can't seem to duplicate the great looking effect you have.

46. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@katasteel Hi, Thanks for supporting my work! This effect relies on a mask stored in the alpha channels of the diffuse textures (not all of them, just of the objects that can "hide" - columns, arches, buildings etc). All you have to do is to copy this mask to the alpha channel of your diffuse texture and it should work.
    Hope that helped!

47. Rajmahal

Rajmahal

Any news on the update? Unity still holding it up in their review?

48. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

@Rajmahal Yeah, it is still "pending review" :( That's never happened before. Usually it takes like 3 or 5 days and Unity was always reliable in that. The support said that the queue is very long right now, and if the pack is showing as Pending, then there is nothing to worry about - it will get there eventually.
    I will contact the support again a bit later and will keep you guys posted. Thanks for your patience!

49. Mana-Station

Mana-Station

Hi everyone!
    I contacted the support again a few days ago and it seems like there actually was some kind of a problem with the update. Not sure what it is yet, they are looking into it right now. I will let you know as soon as I get any news from them.
    Thanks for your patience once again!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    JDrem1 likes this.
  50. JDrem1

JDrem1

And "Tank" you too. ;)