Search Unity

[RELEASED] Epic Mountains Pack

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Svchost74, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Svchost74

Svchost74

Epic Mountains Pack - https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/118023

Requires Unity 2017.1.0 or higher.
    DEMO BUILD
    Epic Mountains Pack
    Epic Mountains Pack.
    - 2 scenes with 2km*2km gameready terrains (normal/ao/color/diffuse/height).
    - Custom Terrain shader with parallax and snow regulation.
    - 11 Prefabs of 3D Epic Mountains with snow and grass (4k textures) (world machine optimized meshes)
    - 19 Prefabs of forest Stones (Photogrammetry)
    - 22 Prefabs of forest Stumps (Photogrammetry)
    - Terrain texture maps (normal/color/height/splat). and HI-RES ground textures
    - Particles of wind and birds
    - Grass
    post1_com.gif

sergey-kuydin-80880.gif

sergey-kuydin-screen-1512x688-2018-05-02-17-47-48.gif
    sergey-kuydin-screen-3780x1720-2018-05-03-01-01-28.gif
    sergey-kuydin-80880.gif
    sergey-kuydin-screen-1512x688-2018-05-02-17-47-48.gif

!!!!! For full functionality, you need to import this package EFFECTS
    over the purchased one and reopen scenes (after importing scenes will be replaced)
    DEMO1 | DEMO2
    The demo does not contain all functions.
    Use Linear ColorSpace
    If you have any questions or issues with the assets, contact me: svchost74@gmail.com
    post1_com.gif

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
    one_one and Neviah like this.
  2. verelll

verelll

Thanks for this miracle, thanks to this asset my game is coming to an end.

3. TechLevel

TechLevel

This pack just AWESOME!
    For me, this level of graphics and quality - something is secret and unreachable.
    I really like your attention to detail - birds, fog and this amazing background done carefully and quality.
    Thanks!

4. Shakabuy

Shakabuy

Very cool, everything is so beautiful and high-quality, I like it.
    Your asset is right for my game and it's great.

5. zzZHaKZzz

zzZHaKZzz

Thank you for this asset, my game will look more beautiful.

6. SileMan

SileMan

Beautiful models! Thank you for your work. Looking forward for new assets from you!

7. Andrey_Graphics

Andrey_Graphics

The shader for the terrain is very like, there is an opportunity to use its SplatMap texture and superimpose it on the SplatMap terrain, so you can use SplatMap in 4096 or 8192 and edit in Unity, when in a standard terrain you can only have a maximum of 2048, this greatly improves terrain. There is also parallax and a flexible setting, terrain imperceptibly affects FPS and I compared it with a standard terrain, the FPS is almost the same, if you turn off the mountains then the FPS will be very good. Models and textures are very high-quality, but this is obvious)

8. NOT_Lonely

NOT_Lonely

It's just crazy awesome stuff! Looks like a real next-gen.

Johns_Art likes this.
  9. claudius_I

claudius_I

can you remove all the snow?

10. Svchost74

Svchost74

Hi! You can do it yourself, as well as change any of the textures.
    To remove snow - just edit the alpha channel of splat texture in Photoshop. There you can manually add or remove snow wherever you need, or at all (mask method). Also there is an opportunity to edit textures on terrain using standart paint method.
    Also, you can change the texture of the snow to texture of the grass, different mix options are available.

11. florianalexandru05

florianalexandru05

Awesome awesome! Do like that you added a custom terrain shader in!

12. Svchost74

Svchost74

13. Jelmersb

Jelmersb

This stuff looks amazing! I have 2 questions:
    - how big is the detailed area and how is the progression from detailed to not detailed (if there is a less detailed part), or is everything visible in your screenshots highly detailed?
    - do you know of any road building assets that are compatible? I would like to drive through these landscapes you see ;)

14. SpencerPDX

SpencerPDX

Hello! Just got the package and am in the process of trying to make it look like the screen shots. In the app store it says:

"For full functionality, you need to import this package
    EFFECTS for 2017.1.0 or higher
    EFFECTS for 2018.3"

I'm using Unity 2019.1.7f1, so I chose effects for 2017.1.0 or higher. Is that correct? So far it's not looking right and I'm getting an error. Or is "EFFECTS for 2018.3" actually for 2018.3 or higher?

EDIT: Following up, it appear that the 2018.3 effects package works pretty well in 2019.1.7.

However, I'm not seeing the foreground clouds or the birds. Here's a side-by-side comparison with an image from this forum on the left and what I see when I hit play in my editor on the right:

It's still gorgeous! But not quite the same, and missing those things I mentioned.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or suggestions!

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  15. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, the asset is just fantastic. But I have a problem when I try to build:

Shader error in 'Nature/Terrain/TerrBlend': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 101 (on d3d11)
    Shader error in 'Nature/Terrain/TerrBlend': maximum ps_4_0 sampler register index (16) exceeded at line 325 (on d3d11)

My knowledge of shader language is very limited, any ideas?

16. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I fixed my own issue by modifying the texture and sampler declarations in the shader with UNITY_DECLARE_TEX2D and UNITY_DECLARE_TEX2D_NOSAMPLER macros. However I am not 100% sure this might not have consequences, maybe some shader expert (or the developer) could comment.

Also, I've encountered another issue (this one probably my fault). Terrain seems to be designed to work only with the 4 predefined layers and textures: grass, cliff, rocks, snow. When I add a fifth texture, and try to paint with it, nothing happens. Can anybody help?

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  17. Zante

Zante

Where is the video showing the assets in action? Very odd to have something like this without a video to depict it. You surely don't expect everyone to download an executable, followed by another weird package if they decide to purchase? : [

I'm having doubts until I see this in motion.

Looks fantastic though.

Edit: Downloaded and ran, looks beautiful, well done! : ] Please do yourself a favour and create a video.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2020
  18. Imperatoss

Imperatoss

Hi, do you plan to upgrade your assets for HDRP?

seldemirov likes this.