Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Hi,
    couldnt figure out how to set shadow strength to 50% (tried in the profile but without sucess and cant change the value in the light object).

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you most likely have modified the profile directly in your project folder?! If you do it this way you need to click on "Load from Profile" in your Enviro Sky instance. Otherwise edit options directly in Edit Profile section here.

upload_2019-11-27_13-20-36.png

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, unfortunaly the clouds implementation in enviro does not work this way. It uses a 2D coverage texture to simulate clouds coverage on bigger scales. We would need a completly different approach to make your teddy mesh a cloud here. :)

4. HanAusBerlin

HanAusBerlin

Thats what I did and set the line from 0,5 to 0,5, but the shadows stay at 100% anyway. :-/

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hm does work correctly for me. What Unity version do you use and do you use standard or lwrp?

6. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Hello, I am a new customer, I have a question:
    Is it possible to configure different speeds for the lunar displacement and that of the stars (at night)? so that they don't look like one thing moving at the same time?.
    Thanks in advance for your answer

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry currently not possible. Moon position and stars rotation are calculated based on time, date and location to match realworld. But I will have a look and maybe add some custom options for that in future.

mindfulmx likes this.
  8. mindfulmx

mindfulmx

Excellent, I would very much appreciate if this option is implemented!, for everything else I am very pleased with Enviro, thank you!

9. gecko

gecko

Hopefully I'm missing something, but I can't get Enviro fog to appear close to the camera. There seems to be a minimum distance, which is pretty clear in this screenshot, and tweaking the Fog values on the Light and Heavy Snow weather presets won't make it come closer. I need really thick fog for a snowstorm. Is there a way to do that?

fog distance.PNG

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check the fog settings in your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile section. Check the "Start Distance" option here and set that one to "0".

gecko likes this.
  11. gecko

gecko

Do'h! Thank you!

12. anseyder

anseyder

I am having the same issue - things turn black when I press play. However, when I select the camers, go to "Post Process layer" there is no "Render To Camera Target" (I am using 2019.2.4f). Where can I find this setting? Turning off the Enviro Post Processing script fixes the error.

Attached Files:

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry it is the "Directly to Camera Target" option.

anseyder likes this.
  14. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, does anyone know what could be causing this?

I did add a few assets to the scene and am removing each and then doing a build to see if the issue still occurs.

The sky is fine in the scene and when I go into game mode but after a build I am getting this issue.
    2019-12-01-(10).png

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I think I have seen this before. Could be related to this: https://forum.unity.com/threads/bug-4gb-limit-to-textures-in-standalone-build.441116/

Maybe check how large your resource folders are.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    Hawk0077 and llJIMBOBll like this.
  16. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Vondex, however, I read a week ago that anything that is disabled in the scene isnt included in the build.

Thats relevant because I have built about 12 times over the past day and all I have running in the scene now are enviro, and the TPCharacter, and the problem is still there.

I am now building to a clean folder so nothing remains of the last attempt to check sizes etc.

Addition: I just built with basically nothing in the scene yet theres a sharedassets0.assets.resS file thats 4.18GB. Before I added the recent assets the build contained the same file at only 3.1 GB. Yet now I have nothing in the scene. Wierd

17. Vondox

Vondox

The files in resource folders should be added even if your scene is empty as they may could get loaded at some point. So check all your resource folders in your project. There maybe laying around some textures that you maybe not use at all. Move those out of the resource folders.

18. yaboo

yaboo

unity 2019.2.14
    color space:Linear
    LWRP
    The colors are inconsistent at run time.
    20191203164014.png

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the colors gradient preview in enviro inspector will show it in ldr. So they look different. Please also note that the "Ambient Intensity" curve will modify the colors here. If you set that one to "1" and check the rgb values of the colors in gradient and Unity lighting settings you will see that they are the same. I will have a look and add the hdr gradient picker in next update, but still the preview does not change here.

Oh also one note that you need to disable the baked gi here, otherwise it would not use the dynamic colors at all. (Currently no realtime gi in lwrp and no support for realtime ambient lighting in baked gi!)

20. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

Hi,

I am having a weird issue with enviro. The first time I open a scene all metallic materials have this crazy white glow. If I disable both the reflection probe in the scene and the global reflections setting in enviro it goes away. It also goes away the next time I open a new scene and it doesn't happen again until I close the game and open it again. Here's a couple of screenshots to ilustrate the issue:

This is how it looks when the issue happens
    enviro.png
    This is how it should look
    enviro2.png

Can you think of anything I might be doing wrong? I have looked through the documentation but I couldn't find anything helpful. Thanks for your help.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  21. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I once had that issue with easy roads and I believe I solved it through the HDR settings on the camera? If I am wrong you could also try the MSSA? Not sure which but it was one of these settings? But Im not a pro so it may not work.

22. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

Oh thanks! I will have a look and see if that fixes the issue.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  23. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

No problem, its just a guess at this point from me but thought I would butt in. lol, Have a good one.

24. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

So disabling HDR fixed the white glow thing, but it's still not being rendered properly. Those black areas are still being rendered:

enviro3.png

Since it disappears once you reload the scene my guess is that it's not being initialised properly, but I am not sure what I am doing wrong...

Hawk0077 likes this.
  25. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yeah, when I had the issue it was an Easy Roads 3D Roundabout. A small triangle was glowing from each of the same type of roundabout.

I figured it out that it was the HDR thingy... but I believe I solved it (and the actual cause - again, it may be different for you) was the positioning of the material on the roundabout.

The issue occurred at a triangle where the roundabout was connected to a main road. (just on the corner).

So my uneducated guess to you would be to take a look at the positioning of the material on and around the car... somehow? Which raises the question, does it occur on all cars. And if so, is it because you duplicated the car? from an original which had the material messed up.... somehow.

as mentioned I am just guessing based on my own experience.

Possibly something overstretched?

26. eaque

eaque

OOps, very sorry, in fact the sky issue was due to the post processing profile and color grading saturation!:p:(;):rolleyes:

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you use latest version of enviro already?

28. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Hi, some questions.

1) What happen to alpha blended transparency materials / shaders?
    2) Does the fog is blended and colorized into the sky color at distance?
    3) Unfortunately the fog looks very unrealistic to me in all your example videos. Is there any chance to have a different logarithmic distance function?

Thank you

29. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

Hi! I have downloaded the latest version to be sure and the issue still happens.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

1.) Still there: Enviro/StandardAlphaBlended for example or Enviro/Particle/Alpha Blended.
    2.) Yeah, fog uses atmospheric scattering calculations to better blend with sky and also supports color gradients for each weather type to modify those colors.
    3.) You can choose between linear, exp and exp squared distance functions. (Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Fog category -> Fog Mode)

Hope that helped!

Quatum1000 likes this.
  31. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to disable "Custom Rendering" in enviro reflection settings. Does that help?!

32. LeagueOfMonkeys

LeagueOfMonkeys

Thanks for your quick reply! I have tried disabling Custom Rendering and the issue is still there. If I turn it back on and off while in runtime, the issue disappears though...

DaBloomz.png

33. Vondox

Vondox

Please join my discord(https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6) channel or add me in skype(live:vondox_1). Need to have a detailed look into that as I can't reproduce that on my side.

34. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Hello, I'm curious if anyone might be able to let me know what I'm doing wrong? In editor the scene looks correct, but the windows build is very different..

Windows build is top, editor is bottom.

Thanks.

EnviroWindowsStandaloneBuild.jpg

35. Stephen_O

Stephen_O

Actually, this fixed it, thanks. Very cool asset!

36. AhmadMcreator

AhmadMcreator

Hi
    I keep getting this blue fog. Is that normal because I'm trying to get the same fog that you have in the (Enviro - Sky and Weather 1.9.0 - Getting Started!) video

Attached Files:

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Unity Lighting settings and make sure to deactivate the Fog option here. Also please check the documentation that is included in Enviro folder -> FAQ and read through the Unity Postprocessing guide to add some tonemapping.

38. Quatum1000

Quatum1000

Thank you.. Forget to ask!
    Does Enviro is able to pass a SphericalHarmonicsL2 probe to the global renderer.ambient and produce ambient lightning to the scene in real time?

If not, is it possible by script to catch 4 colors from the real time sky-colors by any function. I'm currently not a user of Enviro, and I like to know of a basic functionality on real time day lightning is possible by your asset.

39. Vondox

Vondox

What Enviro supports is the Unity skybox environmental ambient lighting mode and Enviro will call updates from time to time based on the Enviro game time. But there currently is no function to actually fetch sky colors.

40. ibbybn

ibbybn

Just a heads up. GlobalReflections doesn't seem to work in the latest 2020 alpha in builds ( latest enviro release). Without them everything looks normal. In Editor Play Mode they work.

41. marcatore

marcatore

Hi Vondox,
    I've downloaded the latest update and checked about the reflections.
    This is what I can see

Two things to highlight
    1. Super minor issue: the "Treshhold" word is not correct yet
    2. About the "Update on Position", is this update containing some changes as you wrote some weeks ago?

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. Please try and disable the custom rendering option in enviro reflection settings. Maybe that will help. I will have a close look into Unity 2020 once it is in beta.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry looks like I accidentally reverted those changes... Re-added them for 2.2.2. Please contact me in private message and I can send you patch for that. Sorry again, my fault.. :D

44. Evallis

Evallis

Quick question, I am trying to create a satellite that consists of a planet object and a child ring object. But the entire ring renders on top of the planet even though half of it is behind it. This is probably something simple that I missed but how can I correct this? Thanks!
    Example.jpg

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check if the ring has the "Satellite" Layer assigned that you created and assigned in Enviro Sky -> Rendering Setup section.

46. Evallis

Evallis

It does have the satellite layer as does the planet.

47. kambala

kambala

Hi!
    There is a problem with LWRP on iOs. Null reference exeption. i do think that the problem is in this: upload_2019-12-9_9-12-44.png

upload_2019-12-9_9-13-20.png
    I've Reimported this a several times - no results.
    Could you help me?

48. ME_CGI

ME_CGI

Hi Guys

Just purchased. I need to add 3D clouds in my AR scene, not skybox, but actual 3D clouds, geometry or volumetric or particle. Clouds can look like anything really, but need to hover over couple of buildings about 200 meter of the ground. Cam can be above or below clouds at any time (due to it being AR). Can sombody point me in the direction for a quick start for this please.

Unity 2018.3

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  49. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, does the prefab render correctly outside of enviro? If yes you may want to check if the Satellite layer got removed from your main camera.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, looks like you got some compile error here. Please check your console. Another thing you can check are your Project Settings -> Player -> Scripting Define symbols list. Compare the iOS one with your Standalone one and check if all "ENVIRO" defines are set in iOS.

unityunity