Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that you completly disabled the fog. Re-enable it in enviro's feature settings. Disable the disatnce and height fog instead if you don't want to have fog on your scene itself. Also feel free to contact me if you want my help to change the colors for your sky and send me some reference what you are looking for.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I really don't know why this should happen when disabling enviro. Not sure why this even should be connected. I think you most likely need to find a way to reprocude that on your side and have a detailed look into that with a development build. Maybe there are some errors that can point you on the right track, but yeah those issues that only happen very rare for specific users are really hard to track. :/

malkere likes this.
  3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Vondex, I did disable the fog but then enabled it and it was enabled when I created the screenshot. Im currently reinstalling at present so see if that fixes it.

I'll get back to you if it doesnt. At present I have a bigger issue to sort out so it may take time before I get back to you. I actually found a skybox but not sure whether thats what caused the issue. Hopefully after the install that should make it clear. Thanks again

4. linesey

linesey

Hello, I have a quick question, sorry if it's been asked and answered before my searches couldn't bring anything up.
    If I were to buy Enviro lite ($20) from the asset store, and later decided I want the features of the full Enviro ($50) and chose to upgrade, would I need to spend $50 to get full (in addition to the $20 i had spent) totaling $70 over all. Or would I only need to pay the difference of $30 to upgrade for a total of $50 over all, as if I had bought the full version from the start.
    ~lin
    P.S sorry if this is the wrong place to post this.

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you only need to pay the difference of 30$. :)

6. linesey

linesey

Wonderful tyvm for the info and the quick reply :D
    Looks like ill be picking up lite in the next week or so then to start playing around with it.

7. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I am finding that, whenever I modify enviro settings at runtime from a script, there's a chance of FPS dropping to half and remaining there until I pause the game or switch task. It doesn't happen all the time, but it's relatively frequent, for instance when enabling/disabling volume clouds. Has this been observed before?

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry no reports for that one yet. Please send me a private message with some profiler screenshots for debugging.

9. kazumiOmi

kazumiOmi

Hey vondox can i use unity post processing with enviro?

10. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I have a post processing volume in my heirarchy and profile attached to camera and it works fine. I reckon PP is completely seperate from enviro.?

11. gogman

gogman

Where does one obtain Enviro Pro from? I can't seem to locate it anywhere. I currently own the standard/lite version of 2.1.5 and would like to use it in the HDRP.

12. gecko

gecko

Hey, two questions:

1) I'm using Lux Water but it doesn't seem to use the Enviro skybox by default. I have to click the "Use Planar Reflections" toggle, and then I can toggle another option, "Reflect Skybox." Lars says: "Lux grabs the reflection probe which gets fed it by the unity engine. if enviro does not overwrite the scene's skybox, and there is no local one you will get the built it one." The Enviro Global Reflections object is at 0,0,0 so it is pretty far from things in the scene usually. Is there anything I can do about that?

2) I just upgraded my project from 2018.4 to 2019.2, and now it seems that the Enviro Post Processing image component that gets added to the Main Camera at runtime is interfering with the Unity Post Processing Stack camera component -- only AO works on the latter unless I disable the Enviro Post Processing component, then all PPS effects work properly. Very odd. No console errors, and I've got the latest versions of Enviro and PPS.

Oh! if I move the Enviro Post Processing component up above the Unity PP component in the stack on the camera, then PPS works. But since the Enviro PP component is added at runtime, I can't do that to fix the issue....

EDIT: Looks like other image effects like FXAA also must now be above PPS in the stack, so it's not just something with Enviro.... so is it okay to add Enviro Post Processing to the camera, so I can order the stack as is apparently necessary now in 2019.2?

EDIT 2: Nope, that doesn't work -- Enviro still adds another Enviro Post Processing to the bottom of the stack at runtime. So any solution for this?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  13. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry Enviro Pro with hdrp support is not released yet.

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello :)

1.) The global reflection probe will be moved with the player. it actually should be fine for reflecting the skybox. You may want to increase the "Scale" setting in EnviroSky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Reflection category.
    2.) Please check if you have "Direct to Camera Target" option enabled in your Post Processing Layer component. That option need to be disabled as it breaks effects that use OnRenderImage().

gecko likes this.
  15. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Does Enviro Pro support realtime instancing of prefabs for PC build and Android build like Enviro does now?
    So I can have one Project with buildtargets for PC and Android using both?

16. Vondox

Vondox

The Enviro Pro will be just a upgrade that let you enable the HDRP support on the standard enviro instances. So nothing changes here. But HDRP is not designed/optimized to be used on mobiles. So maybe URP would be more suitable here.

17. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I would like to use HDRP for the PC build and the LW like before for mobile devices...

Sounds good, can't wait to get my hands on it :--)

18. AlbyDj90

AlbyDj90

How can i set the speed of Volume Cloud Morphing if i want to make them still or morph really slow?
    Thanks

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yeah of course! Please check your Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Clouds category. Scroll a bit down and you will find the wind settings.

20. AlbyDj90

AlbyDj90

I already tried to tweak this settings.
    The Clouds stop moving in the sky but still their shape change fast...i want to slow down this.

21. Vondox

Vondox

Ah okay, please try and set the "weather map anim speed scale" to "0". A few options above the wind settings.

22. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

What is the ETA for Enviro Pro? Will owners of Enviro standard be able to upgrade to pro at a discount?

23. muzboz

muzboz

Hi @Vondox

I'm integrating CETO ocean and ENVIRO into my game, and they're both in there and looking great.

CETO
    https://github.com/Scrawk/Ceto

But I need to make the ENVIRO fog draw in front of CETO ocean, so it all fits together properly.

Would you be able to tell me what to do with the shaders to make that work? (I'm not very shader knowledgeable!).

Cheers!

mbussidk likes this.
  24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, will be released some time after Unity 2019.3 will be out of beta. About the cost: It will work like upgrade from lite to standard version. So as owner of standard you only need to pay the difference. Maybe around 10$.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I modified the shader for you. Just import the package attached in your project. The package only includes the modified shader, so you still need to download and import Ceto.

Attached Files:

26. muzboz

muzboz

Thanks very much!

I really appreciate that Vondox. :)

I've been reading through the CETO manual in detail, and I'm learning a lot more about different settings, and shader changes I can make, to integrate it with different fogs and atmospheric scattering, etc, so I should be able to massage it all into the right place, starting with using your package there. Cheers! :)

27. muzboz

muzboz

Deleted, probably not really relevant. :) All good!

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
  28. muzboz

muzboz

Thank you, that works nicely on the Ocean Transparent Top Side. Thanks.

In a fresh project, if I import the latest Enviro, and Ceto with your updated shader, things are looking good!

Thanks again. :D

29. LazyOnion

LazyOnion

Hello, I am using enviro with steam vr 1.8.20 and lwrp, however I have a problem with single pass rendering.

Best Regards.

Attached Files:

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have enabled "Single Pass VR" option in your Enviro Instance -> Rendering Setup?

31. CommunityUS

CommunityUS

Single Pass VR support planned for the Enviro HDRP VR upsell?

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yeah but maybe not in the first version of HDRP support.

CommunityUS likes this.
  33. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi Vondex,

I am having issues with enviro fog on a ram river material/ocean.

I added the shaders from the ram package called Enviro Weather Support within the Third Party Asset Support Files folder in RAM Auto Material.... but there is still no fog. Has anything changed?

Nature manufacturer said: Ask enviro if something changed because basicaly files was prepared by them. I can update into new version if anything is changed and fog stop working but... until now all works ok.

Many thanks.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, nothing changed on enviro side here. So it should still work. Please take a look on the shader that your water material use and right click -> reimport.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  35. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks, I opened a new project, imported the support file and the shaders in there do not match the one I am using Water River Tesselated... so I followed the instructions in the Enviro_RAM.pdf (attached)... but then get a bunch of errors as in the image below.

Capture.PNG

But I didn't move the file.

Searching I found this post: https://forum.unity.com/threads/all-shaders-fails-to-open-source-file-custom-cginc.523184/

that suggests a bug but I am restarting the project at ;present to see if that compiles the shader.

I will add a comment if it solves the issue.
    shader.PNG

I am also not sure if that PDF is up to date or not?

ADDITION: The restart didnt solve the issue

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2019
  36. Vondox

Vondox

The include path is old in that guide. It should be:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #include "Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroFogCore.cginc"

Hawk0077 likes this.
  37. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Ah, I missed that. Thanks. Looks great... and foggy. Much appreciated

38. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Actually the process has caused another issue with the blending of river to lake/sea.

The river alpha was blended to the lake and now you can see straight through the lake which has the new einviro shader applied.

blend.PNG

Do you know of a way around this Vondex?

Much appreciated

39. Vondox

Vondox

You most likely need to change the render queue of your materials. So your lake have lower render queue than river for example.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  40. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Vondex, it was previously set so thought it would pass over to the new copied shader. Fixed thanks. Have a great day.

41. eaque

eaque

Hi,**Just updated enviro! the first impression is waouh!! volume clouds are not a problem anymore and work with high fps!!! many thanks!! already enjoyed your asset, now even more!!!

i have a couple of issues both with standard and lite instances:
    W10-U2018.2.13 gt1060
    -1-at night issue
    upload_2019-11-22_15-55-3.png

and clouds rendering in lite instance:
    upload_2019-11-22_15-57-7.png

and sunshaft rendering at night...render queue thing??
    upload_2019-11-22_15-58-43.png

thanks in advance

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks! I am currently preparing another small update with some more performance improvements. About your issues:

Could you please send me your profiles and weather presets? So I could test this myself. I could not reproduce your first two issues. The issue with lightshafts is most likely related to your broken character material. So it emits light shafts from the pink stuff. If you look to moon you should see light shafts emitting from moon correctly. Those lightshafts doing some color comparison and only will emit from bright colors in direction of the caster transform (moon or sun).

eaque likes this.
  43. Necka_

Necka_

Hello @Vondox
    Some months ago I reported two issues, I couldn't check for the second and third ones because I had to catch a plane.. as the first issue is here I'm just wondering if maybe you forgot about those issues

First issue was that the lighting strike (with Enviro Lite) is instantiated once more everytime entering playmode which leads when not paying attention to hundreds of this effect in the scene. Making the scene huge in size and long to save
    Original bug report: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-87#post-4675694

Second issue was with Ambient sounds not resuming after the instance stop and resumed again
    Original bug report: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-88#post-4719860

Third one was with the event not being triggered when stopping the enviro instance and changing the time of day manually.
    Original report: https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-89#post-4761068

I did not see them fixed in the release not so I prefer to send a kind reminder and hope to have those in the next update :)

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, thanks for your reminder!

First issue should be actually fixed. I can't reproduce that one anymore. Maybe try to delete the entire Enviro Effects object and test again. Otherwise we have to take a look whats different in your setup.

Looks like I only fixed second issue for standard version. The fix for lite version will be included in 2.1.1 now. Sorry!

Yeah, forgot the third one. I have added a new function that you can call to reset the hourly events timer.
    So when 2.1.1 is live just call: EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetHourEventTimer();

eaque likes this.
  45. Necka_

Necka_

Awesome, thank you

I will do some tests asap for the lighting issue and report back to you

46. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I am getting this error after upgrading enviro to latest release.

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Lux Integration\EnviroLUXIntegration.cs(10,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LuxDynamicWeather' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any ideas how to fix it. I dont use LUX.

Also when I create an Standard Instance the Directional light isnt created and the Activate button doesnt change to Assign Camera button.

Thanks

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into your Project Settings -> Player -> "Scripting Define Symbols" list. Remove "ENVIRO_LUX_SUPPORT" define here. The other issues should be solved once you have no more errors.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  48. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks Vondex, however, since doing that the Create->ENVIRO has gone.

Im currently restarting to see if it reappears though?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, maybe try to restart unity and make sure that you don't have ny more errors in your project. It should be back after it compiled fine.

50. look001

look001

Hi, very nice asset. I wonder if it is possible to make custom cloud shapes from meshes. For example i have a mesh of a teddy bear and want it to look like a cloud. Would be so nice to have something like that. Thank you for this asset!