Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah already changed that. ;)

2. unicat

unicat

Hi, where to find lux dynamic weather ? Using Enviro Lux integration script. Getting this error:
    "Please setup dynamic weather for LUX!"

Last edited: Oct 10, 2019
  3. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check there should be a dynamic weather sample scene in LUX. Once you have the same setup in your own scene you can add the Enviro Lux integration to control the weather parameters.

4. unicat

unicat

Ah, ok. Thank you. :)

5. unicat

unicat

Hi, is it possible to prevent that it`s raining underwater using Lux Water ?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  6. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Hello, trying to set up a new scene after a while without configuring Enviro, so apologies if I miss something. Just added a Standard envirosky, but volume clouds don't appear, no matter the weather (flat clouds and particle clouds appear normally). Any idea on what might be the cause?

Also, how can I see in editor the enviro sky? All I see after removing my old skybox is a black sky. Tried to reassign the camera, but still it doesn't show in editor.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will have a look if we can improve the integration between Lux Water and Enviro on that part.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you get any errors in console?

9. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

No, nothing. What is the best procedure for a reinstall without losing my scenes enviro configuration?

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check your camera. Is "EnviroSkyRendering" component activated? You can save your configuration to the profile and backup that one. (Enviro Sky instance -> Edit Profile -> Save to Profile)
    You now can remove enviro components from your scene. Delete enviro folder, re-import enviro and your profile.
    Setup like in documentation and assign your profile in your created EnviroSky instance and apply the profile settings. (Edit Profile -> Load from Profile)

11. jh092

jh092

Hi, I have a question around Day Length.

If I set Day Length in Minutes to 1 and Night Length in Minutes to 1, the actual real time to cycle a full 24 hours is one minute not two minutes as I would have thought (day length + night length).

So is "Day Length in Minutes" the real time amount of 24 hours and "Night Length in Minutes" just a portion of the "Day Length in Minutes" ?

Hope you can clarify, many thanks.

John

12. kazumiOmi

kazumiOmi

Hey I've got a couple of questions
    is there a documentation explaining what all the options do?
    for example under the time and location controls what exactly is the day night switch doing?
    Also I'm trying to adjust enviro so that the sun comes out at around 7 am and goes out at 7 pm but i cant find a way to do that? is there a summer time daylight option or some slider i can play around with?

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello John, yeah that settings are not very well explained. I need to have a look how I can improve those to make it more usefull and understandable in future. For now if you set both to the same value the 24h game time will take the exact amount you set them in realtime minutes. For example if you want 2 minutes long days set both to 2. If you now want "shorter" nights you could set "Day Length in Minutes" to "2" and "Night Length in Minutes" to "1". This will make the nighttime twice as fast progessing as the daytime, but you can't predict the exact realtime anymore as day and night length will vary over the year for each day.

Hope that will help you!

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there currently is not a full documentation of every setting, but most of them have tooltips that can help. That particular one is missing the tooltip, but I will add that in next update.

"This setting will change the timing when system switches from day to night and night to day. It uses the sun position in sky: 0 -> Night, ~0.5 -> Dawn/Dusk, 1 -> Midday."

It uses the same evaluation like the gradients and curves. Here is a simple illustration to make that more understandable.

Sun_Curve_Gradient.png

Enviro simulates realworld position for sun, moon and stars. (Please check the "Edit Profile" -> "Sky" category -> "Sun and Moon Position" and set that one to "Realistic" if you want realistic moon too.
    So you need to find a combination of your day/year and the location (lat, long) where the sun behave like that in realworld.

For example: London on 25th september should come quite close.
    upload_2019-10-17_17-12-7.png

Hope that will help and I will add a feature to freely animate sun on my list for future improvements.

15. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

This error with the new Aquas 2020:

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\AQUAS Integration\EnviroAquasIntegration.cs(23,10): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AQUAS_LensEffects' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

16. ncho

ncho

I bought Enviro Lite but I am wondering how I should set up the general lighting settings for my scene (under Window, Rendering) to get the ideal look? In particular nights seem way too bright still. Or does Enviro already modify those and I shouldn't touch them?

Eg under sun source the Enviro Directional Light is not chosen. Should I put it there?

And how can I get nights darker in general?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
  17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello! I already talked to Chris about this issue. Unfortunaly AQUAS and AQUAS 2020 using the same scripting define. So the enviro aquas integration for the older version will be activated. He will change that in next AQUAS 2020 update. For now please delete following folder: Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Scripts -> 3rd Party Integration -> AQUAS Integration. Now you can add depth support for your water on your camera: (components - aquas - essentials - depth support) and assign your water plane on that added component.

SickaGames1 likes this.
  18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you don't need to set the "sun source" in Unity lighting settings. First please make sure that you disabled your old directional light, enviro will create theit own one.

Further take a look into your EnviroSky Instance. (For example Enviro Sky Manager -> Instances -> Click on "Show" button". Now on "Edit Profile" and choose "Lighting" in the category dropdown. Start with setting darker colors in left half of the "Ambient Sky Color" gradient. Maybe same for the "Light Color" gradient.

That should help you to get darker nights.

19. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Is it possible to have Enviro create low level fog? I am trying to create a scene with fog in a valley that hides the valley from the player looking down from up on the mountain. I see that Enviro has a height fog setting but I cannot seam to get it to do anything. Thanks.

20. suityn

suityn

Greetings,
    I am developing a mixed reality application with enviro and zed mini. I render a transparent plane in front of the camera representing the reality. The plane shader has the following options:
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tags {"Queue" = "Overlay" "IgnoreProjector" = "True" "RenderType" = "Transparent"}
    ZTest Always
    Blend SrcAlpha OneMinusSrcAlpha
    RGB ColorMask
    Cull Off Lighting Off ZWrite On
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    On editor everything works perfectly:

On build, the clouds and the sky overlap somehow.

Any idea of how this could be fixed?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah that is possible. Sounds like that you need to raise "Height Fog Density" in your weather presets.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please contact me in a private message or on discord (https://discord.gg/rXxwaCE). I may need your full shader code and try to reproduce that on my side.

23. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

Hi
    Im trying to use this asset for none atmosphere planets, which uses only galaxy and star cube map, no fog no clouds. Problem is with horizon, is there something that cubemaps can be visible in the bottom part? thx I apologize for a dark example... Capture.PNG

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  24. kazumiOmi

kazumiOmi

Hey thanks for the reply i tried what you said ,its pretty close and ill just fake the hours number a bit on my end and present it differently to the user and it should work ,one more question is there a way to get the sun to be in zenith point at 12?

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you would need to change two lines in skybox shader. I will send you some information how to do this.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you could try and slightly animate the "Latitude" to change the position of sun at 12:00. Very hacky but may work out for your case.

27. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

A question here. I control the passage of time in my game with my own code and then update Envirosky on each frame, it seems to work fine but I want to know if I am doing it the correct way, or maybe there's a more efficient/better way:

EnviroSky.instance.SetTime(myGametime);

Will the regular enviro events, like OnHourPassed, etc work this way? or they might be skipped?

28. GoesTo11

GoesTo11

Thanks. I got it too work but it doesn't look great. I have Aura 2 from the humble bundle and that seems to work.

Does Enviro have support for Aquas 2020? I think that I got some Enviro errors when I tried to import it.

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, that's the correct way if you also want to change days or years, otherwise I would use following function to set the time of day:

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetTimeOfDay(float tod);

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, okay cool! For AQUAS 2020:

Unfortunaly AQUAS and AQUAS 2020 using the same scripting define. So the enviro aquas integration for the older version will be activated. Christian will change that in next AQUAS 2020 update. For now please delete following folder: Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Scripts -> 3rd Party Integration -> AQUAS Integration. Now you can add depth support for your water on your camera: (components - aquas - essentials - depth support) and assign your water plane on that added component.

31. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

What is going to be in your next big update?

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, it's not final full list but to get an idea:

* Support for LWRP/URP. (Also started to work on HDRP support for Unity 2019.3)
    * Scene blending and flythrough support for volume clouds.
    * In general a lot of work on volume clouds visuals and new weather map generation.
    * Improvements for custom rendered reflection probes.
    * Of course also quite a few bug fixes and smaller improvements.

33. sonicviz

sonicviz

Hi,
    I imported this into 2019.3.b7 and when I try the demo I don't get any rain or snow FX.
    Using linear space. There's not much in the manual on these. I was expecting rain and snow, going by the videos.

Any clues to get it working correctly?
    ty!

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yeah there should be snow and rain of course. Do you already moved the PlayerController a little bit to not fall through the terrain? (Will be fixed in next update and was caused of the new terrain changes). Otherwise just try it in your own scenes.

35. jakeryno1

jakeryno1

Hi I am getting this error of code after deleting the files for the new AQUAS 2020

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Gaia Integration\EnviroWithGAIA.cs(181,33): error CS0234: The type or namespace name 'Utils' does not exist in the namespace 'Gaia' (are you missing an assembly reference?)

its a fresh new project with aquas 2020 gaia and enviro downloaded

crazymonkey7787 likes this.
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like that you are using the the new GAIA Pro? You need to import this small hotfix to support that one too.

Attached Files:

crazymonkey7787 likes this.
  37. jakeryno1

jakeryno1

Thank you so much works perfectly now!

Vondox likes this.
  38. mukki014

mukki014

Hi can anyone tell me the best way or setting of enviro lite for android. I wanna optimise my scene as much as possible. I've 33 draw calls already in my scene with bloom fxaa and color grading on with a 2k Terrain. Thank you.

39. shundreamers

shundreamers

Hi Vondox!

First of all, thank you for all the work you put into Enviro!
    I'm just getting familiar with all the settings and everything in it and I couldn't find any way yet to go above the clouds or bring the position of the clouds lower. Is there any way to do this with the settings or I have to write a script for this? (Currently I'm trying to create a background with Enviro for a theatre play)

Thank you in advance for your help,
    ShunDreamers

Last edited: Oct 27, 2019
  40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you should use the "Add Enviro Lite for Mobiles" configuration when adding your enviro instance. Please contact me if you need further advice for some possible optimizations, for example for the particle clouds.

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you will need to wait for the next update to be able to get above the clouds. Maybe you want to join the discord (https://discord.gg/rXxwaCE) to get early beta access. Contact me then. :)

shundreamers likes this.
  42. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you for the suggestion. But what about the features like sunshafts? Post fx fog ? Scattering. What kind of fog should I use simple or unity or scattering?

43. shundreamers

shundreamers

Hello, thank you for the fast response and the invitation to your server! You're really as helpful as others sad earlier :) Sadly I've got a deadline for the project (Nov. 26). May I ask you when you are planning to release this update? If later I probably going to solve this with some camera tricks (the director doesn't exactly know how to solve some problem with the stage and how to project on the walls to see what he wants to see). Anyways I joined the server and keep watching for the fresh info.

Thank you,
    ShunDreamers

44. suityn

suityn

Well hello,

I have fixed it. I have copied my entire asset folder into an empty project and it has magically solved the problem.

Thank you for your kindness.

Vondox likes this.
  45. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the mobile preconfiguration does use Unity Fog (Post Effect Fog disabled) and also disabled the light shafts. That is the lightest configuration. But you can enable those and check if it will work for your project. Should be no problem on mid to high range mobiles.

mukki014 likes this.
  46. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please talk to me in discord. (Don't know your username there) I think I can send you the updated package this week then.

47. mukki014

mukki014

Thank you

48. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, I have an issue with the skybox. I wanted to change colors of the sky but couldnt find a way to do it. So, I added another skybox but had an issue with the horizon meeting the sky and so I reverted to enviro skybox. but the problem persists. Is there a way to set the horizon level of the skybox to eliminate the gap between the horizon and the sky as in attached image? Many thanks

Also this occurs in play mode too.

sky.PNG

49. malkere

malkere

I have a strange problem only reported once in a while from a random player or two I'm trying to track down... When entering into a cave system in my game I turn Enviro off. That's about the extent of what happens when going underground, but for 2-3 players (that have spoken up about it out of ~5000) sometimes they can no longer jump either only in caves or only outside of caves. As Enviro is about the only thing different between inside caves and outside I thought I'd ask... I'm using 2.0.2 still (should upgrade...) but, can you imagine any changes to input handling or anything like that? I can't... it's stumped for me a week now.

A while ago I was watching a streamer "first impression" my game and he pointed out how his high-dpi mouse suddenly slowed way down after entering caves. It was obvious enough for him to just shake the mouse left and right above and then below ground and it was very different... Probably unrelated, but I thought I'd ask as I'm stumped.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that you completly disabled the fog. Re-enable it in enviro's feature settings. Disable the disatnce and height fog instead if you don't want to have fog on your scene itself. Also feel free to contact me if you want my help to change the colors for your sky and send me some reference what you are looking for.

Hawk0077 likes this.