Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Sam512

Sam512

Hey, the last time I tested this asset. It wasn't compatible with forward render or was I confused? Is it compatible with Xbox One and PS4?

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, enviro works with forward rendering. In theory enviro also compatible with Xbox One and PS4, but I can't test these myself right now. Contact me if you find any issues on these target hardware.

Sam512 likes this.
  3. Sam512

Sam512

Was I confused then?

4. daedal

daedal

Like DrInternet's post from a month ago, I'm also seeing a rendering issue during lightning strikes in VR when using single pass rendering. During the lightning flash you can see a split screen flash get rendered over the existing terrain.

I'm using Unity 2019.1.5, Enviro 2.1.5, SteamVR 2.3.2, Gaia 1.9.5.1, and CTS 2019.1.4.

Here's what it looks like:
    lightning.png

Any idea what could be causing this?

5. eaque

eaque

hi,
    I have an issue on my laptop with enviro lite, clouds don't render in the whole sky but only at the top as if there was a shader "render queue" issue...i will try to add a pic! do you have an idea at first glance?

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into the "Lightning" directional light that is child on your EnviroSky Instance and set "Shadow Type" to "Hard" or "Soft Shadows".

upload_2019-9-2_14-27-12.png

Not sure why this is needed, maybe Unity bug?!

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no sorry. Does this only happen on your laptop? In editor or only in builds?

8. eaque

eaque

it's funny cause at the moment on my pc interior zone doesn't seem to act on directionnal light and on my laptop it works like a charm but i have this "issue" with clouds and a bit of shadow flikering ....?? never tried in build, cause in editor i have no issue on my main pc at home...

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please contact me in discord (https://discord.gg/muDeBeC). Then we can have a look into your issues.

eaque likes this.
  10. mmmin1214

mmmin1214

Hi

Is there a way to adjust update interval for sky, light, and cloud?
    It seems like the Update Interval in the Quality setting only affects the growth instance, however, I am wondering if I can skip a few frames for the general scene update. I am using system time so it has a very slow time progression, but now it's quite performance heavy related to its visuals.

Any comments would be highly appreciated!

11. goldziak

goldziak

Hi
    Is there an option to set up additional cameras(rendering simultaneously on multiple displays) to render volumetric light from objects with EnviroVolumeLight attached?

Thanks ;)

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I already answered your mail. :)

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, unfortunaly the volumetric light included in enviro does not fully support multiple cameras at the moment. However other effects like fog and clouds do with the "Additional Camera" component. Maybe consider checking out Aura 2 which is integrated with enviro too.

14. eblumrich

eblumrich

Hi.

When I bring envirosky into my mac project, this happens.

See attached screenshot.

There's no way to assign a profile, because the enviro asset is always either cut off, or behind another asset.

Any chance there's a solution to this? It is quite frustrating..

I have uninstalled the asset completely from the ~library and project, and re-installed it, several times- that does not fix it.

This ONLY happens with the enviro asset.

Please let me know!

Thanks!

Attached Files:

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for these inconvenience! Could be related to the same inspector bug another user reported. I will send you the hotfixpackage. Maybe it will help.

16. gecko

gecko

Usually the enviro fog looks great in the distance, blending into the skybox, but sometimes it just doesn't match. I've tried tweaking the fog color in the weather preset, but that doesn't seem to help. In this shot, it's at sunset, opposite side of the sky as the sun. Is there anything I can tweak to make that match better?

enviro fog opposite sunset.PNG

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have "Unity Fog" enabled in your Unity lighting settings?

18. gecko

gecko

I do -- because we use that for low-quality graphics mode (Forward rendering) -- and maybe we need to control that separately. So I've now disabled it, and I can see a very slight improvement of the fog in this situation, but not much, it's still quite different than the skybox, doesn't blend well.

19. eblumrich

eblumrich

So...

How do I get this fix package?

20. Vondox

Vondox

Please check your inbox here in forums.

21. Vondox

Vondox

I contacted you on skype, so we can have a detailed look into your settings.

gecko likes this.
  22. eblumrich

eblumrich

Hey- thanks for the hotfix- it seems to work- but I have a new problem:

Each time I install envirosky, I get the following error:

Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/Vegetation Studio Pro/EnviroVegetationStudioPro.cs(7,7): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'AwesomeTechnologies' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Now- here's the thing: I dunno why the hell it's even bothering with any veg studio support. There is no vegetation studio, in this build. Days before installing Enviro, the veg studio component had been deleted from both the project file, and the ~Library folder.

I need to somehow turn this third-party support off, so Enviro can do its job.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into you Unity Project Settings -> Player. Scoll a bit down and take a look into the "Scripting Define Symbols List". Remove the entry from Vegetation Studio.

24. amynox

amynox

Hi,
    Yes the "Cloud Shadow Intensity" is setted in enviro profil.
    Here is the cloud shadow that i'm trying to acheive and what i had in my game before upgrading to Enviro last version :

25. dfarjoun

dfarjoun

Hi,
    I installed Enviro again in a new project because I couldn't change the weather in the slider.
    I deleted all the files and installed again. Now I can't even see the volume clouds (but I'm able to change the weather in the drop down menu).

Any idea how to fix it?

26. dfarjoun

dfarjoun

Hi,
    I tried two different assets of vegetation/terrain and I got a really annoying problem that I'm not able to solve.

Some trees can't get the lighting updated when it comes to night. They keep lit till I move the camera. When I move the camera they are updated. And if I move the camera during the night and go to day, the trees are dark (because of the night). Again it only updates when I move the camera. Any idea on how to solve?

I've also noticed that this happens on trees that are far from the camera.

Thanks!!!! Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 4.19.44 PM.png Screen Shot 2019-09-09 at 4.19.56 PM.png

27. elbows

elbows

Sounds like an issue with tree billboards - sorry I cant be more helpful but at least that narrows it down somewhat.

dfarjoun likes this.
  28. zeux-n00b

zeux-n00b

Hi! ...nice state of the art asset
    I want to make some panorama screen shots with this asset https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/38755 but there is one problem: 2 images (LR) gets wrong FOV (on skybox with volumetric clouds, but not flat ones), and Enviro Fog needs to be disabled-(which is no big deal). I need to ask this because im not sure how would other pano assets behave and gets images out

29. ciathyza

ciathyza

Hey I've been working with Enviro for a while now and I like all its features and flexibility. But I have one critique point: its clouds!

I don't know why but volumetric clouds seem to be the fad. The problem is: they just don't look anything like realistic. Projecting photo cloud textures onto a horizon would look so much better in many ways and I wish it was an option in Enviro. The flat clouds currently part of Enviro are looking very algorithmic, i.e. not very realistic.

So I'd like to request as a feature to be able to add layers of cloud textures (grayscale images where black areas equal transparency) to the sky instead of using volumetric/particle/flat clouds. To be more precise, I'm aiming for clouds similar like in this video:

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what version of enviro do you used before? The new version using directional light cookies for cloud shadows and those will look way smoother than the old system or your screenshot shadows.

upload_2019-9-11_15-8-20.png
    upload_2019-9-11_15-7-38.png

Please test this again in enviro sample scene and contact me on discord if you still not able to get these into your own scenes.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you installed enviro like described in the documentation that is included in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder? Please check if you have assigned the correct camera. If you can't get it to work you may need to contact me on discord and we can have a look whats going wrong here.

https://discord.gg/5c6kfW6

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah it looks like its related to the billboard shader here. Do you have added those trees to the terrain through the terrain tools?

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, next update will include a lot of work on clouds and also make them look more realistic. But I also like your idea and will put this on my list for future improvements.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I tried that asset now and also was looking for a quick fix, but really not sure whats going wrong here. Sorry!

Another customer is using VR Panorama 360 Pro Renderer for 360 videos and screenshots. That one should work with enviro.

35. alexisdubois

alexisdubois

Hello!
    I searched here about a solution for this error: 'EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for 'GetCamera' and no accessible extension method 'GetCamera'
    I get this when trying to enable FogVolume3 in Enviro.
    Is there a solution?
    Thanks

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like that you don't have newest enviro version. Please try to update enviro if you are not using 2.1.5.

37. jh092

jh092

Hi there, I have recently purchased Enviro, many thanks.

I have my seasons setup each being 20 days in length. I am trying to work out how to display the percentage of the season I am at currently, for example if I was 5 days into Winter the percentage would be 25%.

How can I determine this percentage? I guess the question is, how do I know I'm 5 days into Winter.

thanks again

John

38. ciathyza

ciathyza

Awesome! Thanks for listening!
    Actually I have yet to come across any volumetric clouds that look borderline realistic, not just Enviro ... just mentioning. :)

39. alexisdubois

alexisdubois

Upps......yes, sorry. And thanks for warning me

40. rockinplayinrahul

rockinplayinrahul

Hey, thank for the great asset. It's been helpng us out a lot in our simulation program.

I have a couple of questions regarding the asset. Is there a way to modify the intensity of rain on runtime using the asset? I see that the rain effect is in fact a partcle system prefab, so I tried changing the rate of emission for that prefab during runtime, but that didn't work. There is also a slider for wetness, but that doesn't seem to affect the sample scene provided. Could you elaborate on it and the snow slider?

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, with a simple season setup that does not go over the end of year. (For example winter end will also the end of year) you could use this simple code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class EnviroSeasonPercent : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public float percentage;
    9.     private int daysInSpring;
    10.     private int daysInSummer;
    11.     private int daysInAutumn;
    12.     private int daysInWinter;
    14.     // Use this for initialization
    15.     void Start ()
    16.     {
    17.         daysInSpring = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SpringEnd - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SpringStart;
    18.         daysInSummer = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SummerEnd - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SummerStart;
    19.         daysInAutumn = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.AutumnEnd - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.AutumnStart;
    20.         daysInWinter = EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.WinterEnd - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.WinterStart;
    21.     }
    23.     // Update is called once per frame
    24.     void Update ()
    25.     {
    26.         switch (EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Seasons.currentSeasons)
    27.         {
    28.             case EnviroSeasons.Seasons.Spring:
    29.                 percentage = ((float)(EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.Days - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SpringStart) / (float)daysInSpring) * 100f;
    30.                 print(percentage.ToString() + "%" + " in Spring");
    31.                 break;
    33.             case EnviroSeasons.Seasons.Summer:          
    34.                 percentage = ((float)(EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.Days - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.SummerStart) / (float)daysInSummer) * 100f;
    35.                 print(percentage.ToString() + "%" + " in Summer");
    36.                 break;
    38.             case EnviroSeasons.Seasons.Autumn:
    39.                 percentage = ((float)(EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.Days - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.AutumnStart ) / (float)daysInAutumn) * 100f;
    40.                 print(percentage.ToString() + "%" + " in Autumn");
    41.                 break;
    43.             case EnviroSeasons.Seasons.Winter:
    44.                 percentage = ((float)(EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Time.Days - EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SeasonSettings.WinterStart) / (float)daysInWinter) * 100f;
    45.                 print(percentage.ToString() + "%" + " in Winter");
    46.                 break;
    48.         }    
    49.     }
    50. }
    Please tell me if you need a version that does also works in more complex season setups.

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, enviro weather is all preset based. So normally you would create different presets with different particle effects. For example multiple rain presets with different intensity/emission rates, sounds and so on. Then you just switch to another preset and enviro will smoothly fade into the new one.

However if you only want to decrease the particle emission globally you also could use the "Global Particle Emission Rate" slider in "Edit Profile" -> "Quality" category.
    For script: (EnviroSky.instance.qualitySettings.GlobalParticleEmissionRates)

43. amynox

amynox

Hi Hendrik,
    Thank you for the fix.
    I managed to make it work in my game.

Now i'm fighthing with the Cloud Speed.

I mean the shadow of the cloud on my terrain move very fast. I tried to play with "Cloud Wind Animation" sliders, but even if i set all of them to 0. i still experiece the same issue ?!

ps: you can try it your self with my sample scene by settings "cookie size" to 200 and set Weather to Heavy Rain for exemple

thank u for u help

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for the delay! I answered that in discord.

45. cloverme

cloverme

If I use the interior zone script with a entry_exit trigger, the first person controller can sometimes trip the edge of the trigger and back away. It creates a false positive unless you use a zone.

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! I will check this.

47. Diggidy

Diggidy

Is it possible to get square-ish clouds for a Minecraft environment?

48. klestutby

klestutby

Hi Hendrik.

You were mentioning volumetric clouds improvements in the 2.2 update. What I'm mostly interested is flying through volumetric clouds. How soon we can expect that release? At least to get a rough idea, will it be this year or later.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry but I think that real square-ish looking clouds are not really possible out of the box. You can get clouds to look more "simple" by lowering the base and detail noise UV values of your cloud quality presets. Maybe also a custom weather map generation that generates more square-ish coverage could help. But at the end the clouds are not designed to cover that special visual style.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah flythough support will be added in 2.2. And it will be this year.