Search Unity

1. Click here to see what's on sale for the "Best of Super Sale" on the Asset Store
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Have fun in the sun :D

Vondox likes this.
  2. gghitman69

gghitman69

have a good holiday and rest well

Vondox likes this.
  3. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

when I am using ShaderOne for my brick material, I get a strange look and can look through my walls:

If I turn off "EnviroSkyRendering" it looks good.
    Any idea how I can you both Enviro and ShaderOne?

4. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hi,

I want to report the bug with getting rid of the global reflection again, everything in the profile for reflection is off I even turn it off manually (the whole game object and then tried just the reflection component itself while the object is active) and it keeps activating at runtime. Last time I dont know how I solved it I just kept turning it on and off until it finally went off and never turned on again, but now Im in a separate project and have this problem again.

5. guni32

guni32

Hi,
    I use a top-down camera with a slight angle. Is there any way to set up lightshafts for this kind of camera?

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that there is something wrong with the depth. Looks like they are rendering in opaque queue but not writing to depth buffer. Maybe there is a option for that in shader ui?!

7. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report. Sorry I can‘t test this myself right now as I am not home. Do you disabled the global reflections through the Enviro Sky Interface „Edit Profile“ outside of playback? Otherwise you may need to save the profile settings and load them when back in design mode.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry the lightshafts most likely not suitable for that, as you need to point the camera to the sun. But you can use the directional volume lighting. Maybe increase the volume lighting intensity in your weather presets and tweak the settings in Enviro Sky Instance - Edit Profile - Volume Lighting category.

9. ciathyza

ciathyza

Hi, I'm trying to get Enviro working with Lux Water but I'm getting this error:

Assets\Thirdparty\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Lux Integration\EnviroLUXIntegration.cs(10,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LuxDynamicWeather' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Any idea why this happens? I have imported the third-party scripts for Lux integration.

10. ciathyza

ciathyza

Well OK, I figured I need the free Lux Shaders in addition because they contain the missing file (not that this is mentioned in the docs anywhere) but the Lux water looks still wrong underwater. The whole underwater foggyness is missing when using with Enviro. Would be cool to get some help with this.

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the LUX integration that you activate in Enviro Sky Manager is for the LUX Shaderframwork, which is a different asset.
    LUX Water support is handled on LUX Water side. Please check the LUX Water docs how to enable it. You need to comment and uncomment some lines in a file named something like LUXWater_Setup.cginc.

12. ciathyza

ciathyza

Ah, thanks for the hint! I will check the Lux Water shader file!

13. L0ve3d

L0ve3d

Does Enviro support the HDRP ?

AwesomeNewbie likes this.
  14. ZloUmOE

ZloUmOE

Hi,

I've finally found the time to try out Enviro with Gaia and was trying out all different kinds of settings until I got my scene nearly the way I want it to.
    I have also added a satellite and used the Enviro Moon Prefab.
    To save some programming effort I attached this satellite to the main moon to let it rotate around...

It all worked well and looked great at first but then, for some reason, everything just rendered black with few color accents and the sky shows an image of the staring place of the scene!
    I checked the hierarchy and found an "Enviro SatCam" Object which wasn't there at first. Nothing seem to happen when I only deactivate it but when I delete it the sky comes back again - at least in the editor view. The game will still render nearly everything black.

I read here that it could be an option "directly render to target" or something like that in the post FX layer... But where can I find this option? I looked through the components of the main cam but couldn't find this option in the post FX component (or other components). Can this be found somewhere else?

Is there anything else which can cause this issue that I can check and/or do? Anything with the profile or the satellite component or main cam settings or...?
    I can't post a Screenshot of the game view rn but will do it soon - probably tomorrow.
    Edit: here you go. The light green stripes on the right are from grass because I look towards the sky (3rd person view) in this picture.

Thanks in advance! Keep up the great work!

PS: I use Enviro Standard 2.1.5 as a Gaia 1.9.1c extension (GX).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  15. ZloUmOE

ZloUmOE

I just forgot to mention that I have another issue with the added satellite:
    The "moon (clone)" prefab won't save the assigned "moonLW..." material. When I first added it the material was missing, so I searched for "moon" and assigned the only one available.
    But when I pressed play it would be discarded again, showing me a pink sphere instead.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

16. AwesomeNewbie

AwesomeNewbie

This would also be of great interest for me!

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry not yet, but it will have high priority once Unity adds support for custom effects in hdrp.

AwesomeNewbie likes this.
  18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to tell as I am not home and can‘t check on my side at the moment. Please try to remove your satellites in your settings and maybe also delete the sat camera. With no entries in additional satellites list the feature will be disabled. Does your scene render normal again?

19. ZloUmOE

ZloUmOE

Unfortunately this didn't help.
    I already tried removing the satellite from the list and the hierarchy as well as removing the SatCam.
    The only thing that got normal again is the sky (at least it looks like it's back to normal ;-)).
    It's Ok if you need some time to check as you are on vacation. ;-)

20. ciathyza

ciathyza

So about the Lux Water issue... I enabled those lines in LuxWater_Setup.cginc but they are obviously only for fog compability. The underwater rendering still looks wrong. Please see this screenshot: http://files.ciathyza.com/wl/?id=syeyvXYmXc4ZAOZefTXbirYhxXJsn03m The underwater looked correct until I added Enviro to the scene.

21. Vondox

Vondox

Does disabling your Post Processing Layer make scene render normal again? Very strange...

22. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah that looks wrong. Do you have comment the lines for default fog and uncomment the two lines for enviro? Lux should enable the underwater masking in enviro fog shader then for correct underwater rendering. But maybe a recent update messed this up?! Unfortunately can‘t check this until I am home.

23. robbob44

robbob44

Hello,

We are at a point in our project that we are trying to update the unity version and all of our third party assets. We were on Unity 2018.2.21 with Enviro 2.1.0. and are now trying to upgrade to Unity 2019.2.2 with Enviro 2.1.5.

Any scene, even a brand new scene has messages spammed from Enviro, two per frame from EnviroSkyLite stating "No profile applied! Please create and assign a profile." (in addition to "UnassignedReferenceException: The variable PlayerCamera of EnviroSkyLite has not been assigned." and "MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Material' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it."). It appears to be both "Internal_Enviro_LW.prefab" and "Internal_Enviro_LW_MOBILE.prefab". Both have their respective profile assigned "Enviro Profile Lite Default.asset" (version 2.1.3) and "Enviro Profile Lite Mobiles.asset" (version 2.1.4), but if I select them they are constantly getting refreshed (flashing between the default icon and a pink circle). If I breakpoint the message, profile does indeed return "null" but has all of its data is present. I tried unassigning, reassigning, updating profile (this seems to merely change the version number) without any results.

We normally use our own copy of Enviro Standard's prefab anyways so I don't know why this prefab should even be trying to execute (it is because it has [ExecuteInEditMode] defined). It is also worth noting that both "ENVIRO_LW;ENVIRO_HD;" are defined in the player scripting symbols but even if I remove "ENVIRO_LW;" and recompile, the errors continue. We are not using LWRP or HDRP.

The other issue for us, which may or may not be Enviro, is that lightmap generation will never finish with a message stating "Integrate failed on Write Lighting Data job." with no other context or callstack.

Even in a brand new project after importing only Enviro, those two assets are still spazzy.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2019
  24. ZloUmOE

ZloUmOE

I will try that when I'm able to get back to game dev again.
    Thanks for the fast replies!

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have done setup through the Enviro Sky Manager? And did you removed enviro folder before you imported latest version. (You can backup your profiles and presets, and use them with latest version.)

So I would try to remove enviro and cleanup your scene from from enviro related objects. Then import latest enviro and setup like its written in documentation. (Assets - Create - Enviro - Enviro Sky Manager) Click on the generated object and create a instance there.

26. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

So when is the new big release of Enviro? I thought 2.2 was supposed to be out.

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I am sorry for that delay but I was working on 2.2 and srp support that last weeks. But wanted to put more time into the improved clouds for 2.2. As they will allow for flythroughs it got more complex and time consuming to get great and better looking results for underneath, inside and above the clouds than I initially thought.
    At the end I want them to be a overall improvement to current cloud system, so I decided to focus on beta for srp support first as a lot of users are waiting for that.

This beta started now for lwrp and partial hdrp support (Hopefully full support for latest hdrp soon!)

However once I am home I will further work on new clouds for 2.2 and keep you updated. :)

eaque, SickaGamer and Bartolomeus755 like this.
  28. robbob44

robbob44

As I mentioned before, this is an existing project with enviro that already employed the EnviroSkyManager system (which reports Current Instance found! for Standard Version in verison 2.1.5). I did try deleting the Enviro folder though and reimporting, and there was no effect.

I also tried a brand new project as I mentioned, followed the steps in the documentation to create an instance, add the shader to project settings, etc and there are two things of note: First EnviroSkyMgr keeps the CurrentEnviroSkyVersion set to None (which results in EnviroLite being a fallback if both ENVIRO_LW;ENVIRO_HD; are defined), and second the two prefabs that come imported from the package "Internal_Enviro_LW.prefab" and "Internal_Enviro_LW_MOBILE.prefab" are still broken and spazzy, refreshing the prefab every frame and cause errors in editor even though I am not using the EnviroLite Version (per Manager). Even if I force the CurrentEnviroSkyVersion to be HD, EnviroSkyLite executes in editor (it is not in scene) and has a null reference to its profile that I cannot seem to do anything about (inspector has it set correctly).

29. Vondox

Vondox

Okay very strange issue. Thanks for your report! As I am not home I cant check this myself and try to reproduce.
    If you not using enviro lite you also can try to delete the Enviro Lite folder inside of the Enviro Sky and Weather folder. Maybe check if the ENVIRO_LW compiler symbol got removed. Otherwise remove it yourself, it wont reappear when lite folder got removed.
    I will have a detailed look into this when I am home.

30. robbob44

robbob44

That did seem to resolve the errors, however it seems that even EnviroStandard's prefabs (and our old copy of that prefab) also exhibit the same constantly refreshing problem when they are selected. These are "Internal_Enviro_HD.prefab" and "Internal_Enviro_HD_VR.prefab" located in "Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Enviro Standard\Prefabs\Internal". It is also worth mentioning the volume clouds appear very flat now somereason:

31. Vondox

Vondox

Looks like you need to tweak clouds lighting settings from your old profile. For example compare them with the default profile. I will have a look into the error when selecting the internal prefabs in your project folder when I am home and release a fix then. But happy to hear that you got it working now.

32. robbob44

robbob44

Seems that the cause of the flat volume clouds was a curve that literally did not exist:

Updating to 2019 I guess is going to need us to check every single prefab to fix it because of the new prefab system is incapable of upgrading old prefabs to the new. Much of the project's project settings were reset as well, in addition to various prefab errors, and prefabs enabling previously disabled components.

The built in prefabs from Enviro are still flipping out though, but every else seems more or less working. Only other note is that Clouds 1 preset doesn't seem to utilize flat or particle clouds, but the others do; whereas it used to.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  33. wolframzebr

wolframzebr

Hello! Some questions about 360-video capturing in Enviro. Have some strange coners on "Clear sky" mode and flat clouds also not very pretty.
    This is a standart Enviro scene, LWRP (2019.1.14f1), any ideas what can it be?

34. Clyde_Coulter

Clyde_Coulter

My test have shown that Enviro doesn't deal with temperature. Is that correct?

35. Vondox

Vondox

Do you updated your old profiles already? The prefabs will be altered to work with latest version by itself on first start. But you need to update profiles (Assign a profile in a instance and click on Update Profile) and load those changes into your prefabs. (Load from Profile).

Maybe check the Cloudy1 preset and change the settings to show flat or particle clouds again. I maybe forgot to set those values.

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what asset do you use for your 360 capturing? I will check this when I am home.

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, enviro got a simple temperature system you can use for gameplay for example. Send me a private message and we can have a look if you need to extend that when I am home.

38. wolframzebr

wolframzebr

AVPro Capture 4.0.0

39. amynox

amynox

Hi,

I use to have rain collision effect with the ground and other object on the scene (with collider) in older Enviro version.

After updating enviro to the last version, rain collision dissapear ? Same for cloud shadow on the terrain. (im working on a Top down game)

There is any physics/Camera layer to configure properly or other parameters i'm missing ? (nothing on manual about this stuff)

Thanks for your help

PS: i'm using Enviro + CTS 2019 + Unity 2019.1

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  40. robbob44

robbob44

Tried 2019.3 out of curiosity and the prefab refreshing is even more annoying now that it's given a progress box xD

Updating the old profiles did not seem to work the only solution that seemed to work was start over from completely from scratch (deleting all managers and instances) and either use the old profile (after fixing the non-existent curves) or creating a new profile based on the old (copying values over). Note that this still doesn't fix the prefabs wanting to change themselves every frame for somereason (only the lite ones would error though).

Will have to see if the cloudy 1 preset has something missing or misconfigured.

Thank you for the help and suggestions. Hopefully the prefab issue is reproducable on your end (probably just need 2019.2.2+, import enviro, and then select any of those 4 built in prefabs).

41. eblumrich

eblumrich

Question::

My satellites always appear IN FRONT of the clouds. How do I make sure the satellite appears BEHIND the clouds?

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 30, 2019
  42. robbob44

robbob44

Just a quick update, this is likely why the Enviro built in prefabs are spazzing out:

43. eblumrich

eblumrich

Hi- I realize someone else asked my question:

"How does one get the satellites to appear above the clouds?"

Here was your answer:

yeah currently you can use the "Satellites" feature to render objects in skybox above all clouds layers.
    Please setup a new layer in "Rendering Setup" -> "Satellites Layer".
    Create an empty prefab with just a transform component and assign this as "Satellite"- (Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> "Satellites" category). That will enable the feature even you don't want a orbiting satellite.
    Now just place your objects and set them to the assigned "Satellites Layer" to be included.
    Maybe double check if your main camera won't render this layer, but it should do that automaticly in most cases.

This sorta broke down, when I got to:

"Now just place your objects and set them to the assigned "Satellites Layer" to be included."

I created an empty prefab, and a new layer- where do I place these objects? In the layer? In the prefab?

Please assist.

Thanks!

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, to activate the satellite rendering you need at least one prefab in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Additional Satellites.

Click on "Add Satellites". Now assign a prefab in "Prefab" field. If you want enviro to orbit that satellite you can assign a prefab with your mesh and mesh renderer. Otherwise create a empty prefab with just a transform.
    If you now want to add another object from your scene to be rendered behind clouds just assign your satellites layer to them.

I will improve that in one of the next updates to activate satellites rendering with an simple on/off switch instead of assigning something.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you please check you terrain layer? It could be two reasons why rain does not collider with your terrain.

1. You terrain is on a different layer than enviro weather particle effects collision settings.
    2. You run into the "Max Collider Shape" value setting in enviro weather particle effects collision settings.

Maybe best approach here would be creating a new layer for particle collisions. And set that in enviro particle effects. Then apply that layer to your colliders that should be able to stop rain.

About cloud shadows, not sure why they should not show up, but I also don't have CTS 2019 here to test myself. Did they work before update? Is the "Cloud Shadow Intensity" set?

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I could reproduce the reloading of enviro internal prefabs. It was related to some inspector scripts. But I haven't got these warning on my side.

I will send you a possible hotfix. Please test if it will fix the issue on your side too and I will add this to 2.1.6 and update on asset store soon.

47. argh6543

argh6543

Hi,

I have a project that includes Enviro 2.1.5. Whenever I have enviro objects active in my scene, I get thousands of warnings like the one below whenever I enter or exit play mode. Disabling the enviro objects fixes the errors but of course kills the pretty storm I had put together :(

Metal: Shader[EasyRoads3D/ER Road Transparency]: Incompatible texture type [MTLTextureType2D] of texture bound at index 4, expected [MTLTextureTypeCube]

Unity 2019.2.3f1 on MacOS Mojave, same project on windows runs just fine. I use a bunch of assets like Vegetation Studio Pro, NatureManufacturer Trees, EasyRoads3D, ... but get the error for all shaders, even the Standard or Nature/Terrain/Standard.

Any suggestions?

difdev likes this.
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm haven't seen or heard of this before. I don't have a mac myself here, but can you please try to deactivate enviro features. Most likely need some test to find the component of enviro that may can cause these warnings.
    Maybe start with the "Custom Reflections" in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Reflections. If that won't help try to deactivate the Enviro components on your camera.

49. argh6543

argh6543

Hi,

thank you for your quick answer. As soon as I deactivate global reflections, the errors go away. What next?

50. ZloUmOE

ZloUmOE

Hi.
    I could check all setups again and for some strange reason the main camera's culling mask didn't include the first 3 layers (default, transparentFX, etc).
    After activating these layers everything went back to normal.
    Sorry for taking up your time ;-)

unityunity