Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. eblumrich

eblumrich

Doing what you recommended resulted in this:

upload_2019-8-13_23-3-53.png

The sky is now black, and the children of the enviro sky manager are all greyed out. You can now see that there are multiple instances of the recurring error, instead of just one (as it was, before I followed your instructions.)

Here it was the way before I uninstalled & re-installed:

upload_2019-8-13_23-9-4.png

So, re-installation really doesn't solve the issue- any ideas as to why this might be?

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that you need to activate that instance. Please take a look into Enviro Sky Manager -> Instances section. I also will have a look to improve that workflow with runtime assignment in one of the next updates.

Please send me a private message with your skype or discord username if you use that and we can have a detailed look and get you up running again if the above still not working.

3. eblumrich

eblumrich

Well, huh- dunno how I missed that, all those times.

-Thanks!

mmaclaurin and Vondox like this.
  4. Vondox

Vondox

Happy to hear that it is working now. :)

5. behemothdan

behemothdan

Enviro might have been a false flag, I apologize for that. For some reason Unity (or a script I haven't narrowed down yet) is creating a new camera when I run my player scene even though a camera will be dynamically instantiated. It is just sticking it in the Enviro Effects folder for some reason so I put me down the wrong troubleshooting path. Thanks for responding though!

6. swredcam

swredcam

Hmm I'm not sure. It's a purchased version 1.6.1. I'll update if needed but I generally avoid updates since more often than not something breaks.

7. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Hello Vondox,

da Du aus Deutschland kommst:

wie kann ich Dich erreichen? mir spart es den "Englisch Umweg".
    Enviro schaut grossartig aus, aber ich habe einige Probleme die sehr speziell sind, um es meinem Projekt anzupassen.
    ein Umstieg ist (nach Einsicht) sehr empfehlenswert, aber zu einem Teil gefällt mir die "verwaltung" der Profile nicht so richtig, und ich möchte gern mehr per Script steuern, zum zweitem ist es für mich etwas schwierig, da Ceto Ocean z.B. auf den Wind Deines Assets reagiert.

ich brauche dafür ein paar Lösungen.
    Es wäre sehr schön Dich erreichen zu können. Im Discord bist Du leider nicht auffindbar.
    Ich habe Skype, und ich habe Discord, ich hab auch 'ne Mailadresse:

Wie kommen wir zu einem Austausch ?

beste Grüße.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hallo, bitte sende mir deinen Discord Benutzernamen in einer privaten Nachricht. Dann können wir uns in Ruhe unterhalten und sicherlich eine Lösung finden. :)

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, oh 1.6.1 is really really old. Nearly everything got replaced with more advanced tech over time. Please consider an update and delete everything from enviro before importing the new version. Setup also changed, so please take a look into the documentation that is included in main asset folder. Btw. latest version also should render your horizon like you need it.

10. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hi, do you have any tips how to design the sky for a desert terrain?

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry haven't done a desert environment yet. But maybe someone else here can give you some tips. :)

But if you got some concept arts or photos of your desired effects, I may can help you to replicate that with enviro.

12. skinwalker

skinwalker

I noticed that when it goes from day to night before the moon appears its very dark, can I somehow change it here you can see this video that its not that dark even during the night (at the end of the video)

13. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

Private Nachricht an Dich ist raus :)

und: jo klar finden wir eine Lösung, unmöglich gibt es nicht :)

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah a lot of games don't have really dark nights for gameplay reasons. So for enviro you have two ways to get brighter nights.

1.) If you don't need realistic moon orbits, you can set to "Sun and Moon Position" in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky settings to "Simple". The sun will still move correctly, but moon will be always on "opposite side" of the sun. So you get a equal night lighting on each day and right after the sun disappears.

2.) You also can increase the ambient lighting to have more brighter nights. Please check the Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting settings. Increase the left half of "Ambient Intensity" curve and if you are using "Flat" or "Trilight" ambient mode you also can set brighter colors on left half of the ambient color gradients.

eaque and BrandStone like this.
  15. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hello,

It was already set to "Simple", the problem is when the sun disappears it takes some time until the moon shows up and reaches the center of the sky, while its going up its very dark, keep in mind im testing on DayLengthInMins = 1 and NightLengthInMins = 1, so I can quickly see the results, maybe that's causing it?

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, then please also try to set brighter colors in "Direct Light Color" gradient left half and modify the "Ambient Color" gradients too. At the end you maybe want to tweak all those settings in "Lighting" category to get the lighting you are looking for.

17. MightyAnubis

MightyAnubis

here a hint of me:

Do a own light in the Sky, give it the Position of 500 , and rotate it on X to face the Terrain.
    After this, do a little Script.
    Get the Time, there is totally Darkness, and type in:

Public Light myLight;

if(hereyourtimethatistodark, and if the Sun is set ( any point there the ligt is set enugh)
    myLight.SetActive(true);
    myLight.Intensity = 0.?)

Than you can growth the Intensity, if the Moon is join the Scene, lower the Intensity like you want,
    And if the Moon is in place, put it off.

helps. Ah: give it the Color of the moon, and all will be nice. i used this system in my Old Sky System, because on Sea (if you only have Ocean) this "changing Time" is absolutly death for your game.

i hope it helps you :) Best Greetings, and i am sorry for the bad english :)

18. sadicus

sadicus

Crest + Enviro + LWRP
    Seeking: Any links / advice on setting Crest + Enviro. I'm learning to setup both at the same time and would like to link the weather to the ocean.
    1) How to link Enviro to effect Crest ocean?
    2) Moon is casting a white sheen over the ocean. How to control Moon and sun brightness?

also: "With Enviro Pro Upgrade you can choose your SRP here."
    I'm using Enviro 2.1.5, is there a different Pro version? I don't see the "SRP" in the Enviro Sky Mgr.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2019
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the pro upgarde is not available yet. I run into one small issue with the distance blur for lwrp right now. Beta testing for pro will start once I solved that one.

I also will have a look into those other two points. But currently only have access to normal crest, not sure if it is that different?!

mmaclaurin likes this.
  20. sadicus

sadicus

"pro upgrade is not available yet." will there be a discount?
    Crest Ocean uses LWRP

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there will be a upgrade option if you already got enviro. Maybe 10$. Please note that you only need pro when you want to use lw or later hd rp. And I also will do a extended free beta test before launch. Please tell if you are interested in participating to get early access for srp support.

Crest also got a standard rp version for free on github.

22. swredcam

swredcam

I'll update but will it run with Unity 2017? I really do not want to get into a big update cycle. It's a pretty large project with a lot of dependent parts. Thank you!

23. BrandStone

BrandStone

I’m interested in srp beta support. Mainly for HDRP.

Vondox likes this.
  24. gghitman69

gghitman69

hi personally I have to try LWRP and the clouds are very ugly it uses only particle system and volume lighting for the sun and the moon does not work

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah it will work with Unity 2017. :)

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah all post effects need to be "rewritten/adapted" to work with lwrp. You can join the beta soon if you like.

27. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

How to change the default particle spawn position before camera in play mode?

28. BigGameCompany

BigGameCompany

Hi,

I just purchased lite and create the manager how ever have no idea on the next step...the documentation states:

"2. Now select the “Enviro Sky Manager” object in your scene. From here you can add different preconfigured enviro instances. For example click on “Create Standard Instance”. After that take a look in “Instances” section by activating the checkbox. You should see a red box with your newly generated enviro instance. Click on
    “Activate” here."

But i cant find the "Create Standard Instance" button....

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will update the documentation. Currently both lite and full use the same docs as they are very similar.But there are two steps different in setup. First you need to use the "Create Lite Instance" button. Second the fourth step is not needed for lite version.

30. The3DProfessor

The3DProfessor

I'm wondering if there is a way to create clouds that look like the attached image? The are called mackerel clouds.

31. BigGameCompany

BigGameCompany

I cant see the"Create Lite Instance" button....see my attached pic....but i just dragged the INTERNAL_ENVIO_LW_MOBILE into my heirachy and i think that is the same thing?

Also i cant here the sound effects eg ambiet
    and the weather doesn't change and there are no clouds...

I am using default mobile profile...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  32. joshtkm9

joshtkm9

Hey Vondox,

Using Enviro for a projection experience and currently working wonders for us, however I do notice a flickering around dawn and sunset, forgive me if there was mention of this and a workaround already... could you point me in thee right direction to clear this up?

33. Vondox

Vondox

Oh okay, looks like that the enviro compiler define symbol is missing on this target settings. Normaly enviro should set those automatic, but maybe that doesn't worked on your side... Need to check that later.

So please check your "Project Settings" -> "Player" settings. Then click on your target settings button. (I marked the button in screenshot, you should see multiple there.)

upload_2019-8-21_15-47-37.png

Then scroll down and look for the "Scripting Define Symbols" list.

upload_2019-8-21_15-49-52.png

If "ENVIRO_LW" is missing there add it by hand like shown in screenshot above.

After that remove your EnviroSky Manager from scene and setup again. You should see the button now.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you please give me some more information what exactly flickers? For example clouds or your scene shadows?

35. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello Hendrik,

I add enviro from script like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1.             Instantiate(Resources.Load("Enviro Sky Manager", typeof(GameObject)));
    2.             if (Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.Android || Application.platform == RuntimePlatform.IPhonePlayer) //#if UNITY_IPHONE  #if UNITY_ANDROID
    3.             {
    4.                 //Activate and assign/start lite version
    5.                 EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance();
    6.                 EnviroSkyMgr.instance.AssignAndStart(Camera.main.gameObject, Camera.main);
    7.             }
    8.             else
    9.             {
    10.                 //Activate and assign/start standard version
    11.                 EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateHDInstance();
    12.                 EnviroSkyMgr.instance.AssignAndStart(Camera.main.gameObject, Camera.main);
    13.             }
    My Project runs on PC standalone, maybe later UWP and Android, maybe later iOS.

Do I need to set the scripting define symbols, too?

Thanks

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, if they are missing in your target settings: Yes. :D

37. Vondox

Vondox

I have created a discord server for enviro now. Everyone is welcome to join!

Join Enviro Discord

If you want to participate in upcoming enviro pro beta for srp support join and send me a message so I can give you beta tester role. First beta package will be uploaded this week.

Thank You!

BrandStone likes this.
  38. eaque

eaque

hi,
    using enviro lite, is there a solution for interiors? how does it work? i need that to lower light intensity in caves ?
    thx in advance

39. BigGameCompany

BigGameCompany

Fixed... thank you heaps

Vondox likes this.
  40. joshtkm9

joshtkm9

Hi so the sunlight and shadow shadow reverses suddenly on dawn and sunset. BTW any advice on the weather transtitions?

41. skinwalker

skinwalker

hello, when I disable the game object Global Reflections I get an error that a couroutine can't be started, but when its enable it reflects the sky on my character's skin - how to turn it off ?

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the Enviro Interior component. Add that one on a gameobject and create an "Entry_Exit" trigger and match that one with your cave entry. On that component you get plenty of option to modify lighting, fog and so on.

eaque likes this.
  43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, only real solution is enabling the dual lighting mode in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit profile -> Lighting category. That one will have two directional lights and so don't need to switch around from sun to moon for example.

You can tweak the transition speed of weather change in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Weather category.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> "Reflections" category. You can disable the included reflection probe there. (First setting in that category.)

45. skinwalker

skinwalker

I did that but I still get the same error and it doesnt disable unless I manually do it in the hierarchy but still get the error.

Edit: restarting unity seems to be fixing it, I will let you know if it happens again.

Also what was the idea behind this, it reflects the sky on my characters skin (smoothnes is set to max) and it causes very weird seems with defered rendering. Can it be turned off for characters and on for other objects in the scene?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2019
  46. Vondox

Vondox

Not sure what character skin shader you are using. But set smoothnes lower should stop reflections. Can you please send me a screenshot of that seam?

47. eaque

eaque

many thanks!

48. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hello, I'd like to be in the LWRP beta! I'll join the discord later tonight.

Vondox likes this.
  49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello!

I am on vacation from tomorrow until the 31st of august. So I only can offer limited support during this period, but I will try to check forum, mail and discord from time to time.

Thank you for your understanding!

mmaclaurin likes this.
  50. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Have fun in the sun :D

Vondox likes this.