Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah I will put this on my list for future integrations. I have to take a look why lighting not applied correctly as it sounds a bit strange. Enviro uses a standard directional light and Unity ambient lighting.

AndreasO likes this.
  2. AndreasO

AndreasO

Ok, I try to provide some more details. I'm not completely sure why and what is really happening except that it seems to be caused by Enviro as soon as a EnviroSkyMgr component is added to the scene for the first time.

Basically, to reproduce the issue, you can just create a new Unity scene, add an OceanRenderer component (from Crest Ocean), and finally add EnviroSkyMgr. From now on something has changed the scene in a somewhat irrevocable way that I wasn't able to undo just by deleting Enviro from that very scene.

3. SKNKanimation

SKNKanimation

I updated Enviro and a couple functions I was using in the API no longer work. Can you point me towards the new way of changing the cloud quality settings?

In the documentation it says to do EnviroSkyMgr.instance.CloudSettings.cloudsQuality = EnviroCloudSettings.CloudQuality.<some setting>

That used to work, but after the update (and reinstalling Enviro) "cloudsquality" no longer seems to be a thing in EnviroSkyMgr and CloudQuality isn't part of EnviroCloudSettings.

EDIT: I think I got it. It's now to call EnviroSky.instance.ApplyVolumeCloudsQualityPreset(int) which uses the clouds quality levels found in the EnviroSky script. Is that right? I actually like that better if so <3

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019
  4. Vondox

Vondox

Okay thanks for the further information! I will give it a try myself after weekend. :)

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah that correct. You can add your own quality settings and modify the included now instead of having them hardcoded.

6. VizzzBertBebx

VizzzBertBebx

@Vondox @AndreasO

To use Enviro with Crest :

For the reflection part you just have to put Enviro probe on standalone and to add the Crest reflection script on the cam then check planar reflections in the current ocean material .

For the fog just follow the standard Enviro transparent integration ( the vertex one ) . I have to admit that writing a proper one for the fog can be tricky and it would be helpfull !

A wind integration for the wave direction (specular and color also ? ^^ ) and the wave amplitude would also be awesommmme !

Vondox likes this.
  7. kambala

kambala

Good day!
    There is a problem on Unity 2019.1.
    No instanses on iOS player :

upload_2019-7-14_20-19-6.png

on standalone everything is good. sample scene shows the same picture.
    best regards!

Attached Files:

8. gecko

gecko

I need a version of the Standard Shader that has snow and wetness, controlled by Enviro. Does anyone know if such a shader is available anywhere?

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check your Project Settings -> Player -> Scripting Define Symbols for iOS. Please add ENVIRO_LW and ENVIRO_HD like it should be in your standalone settings.

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there are LUX Shader Framework for free and UBER Shader as paid asset for example. Both have dynamic weather feature and integrated with Enviro.

gecko likes this.
  11. kambala

kambala

Thanks! It's working now!

Vondox likes this.
  12. RickF

RickF

can anyone show me what the 'particle clouds' look like? toggling the option in the sample scene doesn't seem to do anything. Using Unity 2019.1.5. Trying to figure out if the install is busted or if im just doing something wrong here

13. Necka_

Necka_

Hello I'm coming back on that issue as I'm facing another problem which might be related to it, but I'm not sure it could be my implementation that is wrong.

So I have a script that check the current time and write it in the UI (removing minutes etc.)

Code (CSharp):
    1.         public void UpdateTime()
    2.         {
    3.             _timeInHours = _enviro.GetTimeString();
    5.             Debug.Log("Update Time" + "Time is" + _timeInHours);
    7.             Tmp.SetText(_timeInHours.Substring(0, 2) + ":00");
    8.             _time = float.Parse(_timeInHours.Substring(0, 2));
    10.             if (_time > 7 & _time < 23.99)
    11.             {
    12.                 Slider.value = _time;
    13.                 UpdateSliderColor();
    14.             }
    15.         }
    It's called from this:
    upload_2019-7-18_13-15-39.png

When I hit play, it works just fine. Every hours the time in my UI updates itself.

Then I have a system that when the player goes to bed, that calls EnviroSky.instance.Stop(true, true), I set the time manually in Enviro to Day +1 at 8:00AM and call Play()

Time is definitely passing, but the event is not called anymore until late in the afternoon. It's like the event system is frozen until a certain point.

Could it be because I'm manually setting the day and time before calling Play() again?
    I'm doing that with EnviroSkyMgr Set Time (year, day of year, etc.)

14. LORUnityDeveloper2

LORUnityDeveloper2

Hi

Is possible to setup to support multiple camera? For instance, I have player object inside a house and he can see the weather through the window. At the same time, there is a CCTV a bit further away which player can see what is going on outside. Currently I can see the weather through the window, but the CCTV can't see the weather because those rain particles can't reach to that side.

Does it make sense?

Thanks

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do have checked different weather presets like "Cloudy 2"? Those particle clouds are 2D and should be visible after some time you change to a cloudy weather. Maybe also check the weather preset settings as you may have set too low alpha to see. (Weather Preset -> Cloud Section -> Particle Clouds section.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! It's a bug that it does not set the "lastHourUpdate" value when changing time with that SetTime command.

I will fix it in next update. For now you can set it yourself with:
    EnviroSky.instance.lastHourUpdate = 8f;
    or
    EnviroSkyLite.instance.lastHourUpdate = 8f;

Necka_ likes this.
  17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can add the "Additional Camera" component to your cctv camera. Also enable the option to create own weather effects for that camera in that component.

18. Necka_

Necka_

Thanks, it works perfectly with that trick :)

Vondox likes this.
  19. Aevien

Aevien

Hi!

Here is Mirror Integration with my fixes. Can you include it to your package next update?

How to use?
    Instruction is the same as earlier.

1. Deactivate auto assignment and don't assign player/camera in enviro sky.
    2. Create a new object in your game scene, name it as you wish(in my case the name is 'EnviroMirrorServer') and add the "EnviroMirrorServer" component. Setup your "Tod Sync Interval" and "Update Smoothing" fields.

3. For the "Network Identity" component of the 'EnviroMirrorServer' object you need to check 'Local Player Authority' box on.
    3. Add the "EnviroMirrorPlayer" component to your player prefab that get spawned when you login. Here you have some options to assign the local player and also assign a camera or find the main scene camera.

Attached Files:

Hypertectonic and nirvanajie like this.
  20. Raul_T

Raul_T

Hi @Vondox

Any idea why when we enable the Aura 2 integration in the Enviro manager the performance drops considerably? (300ms overhead) We only have one global Aura volume and one Aura light (enviros directional light)

Using latest versions of both Aura2 and Enviro, on Unity 2019.1.7f.

Problem seems to be on update. Happens both in editor and in play mode. There are no errors in the console.

upload_2019-7-19_14-10-23.png

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your submission! I will have a look into it and add it to next update. :)

Hypertectonic likes this.
  22. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I could not reproduce that issue. Same Unity version and also most recent enviro and aura 2. Hm can you please send me a sample project for debugging? Something I also noticed is the 0.9kb gc allocate when aura 2 integration is activated. That will be something I will try to improve in next update.

SickaGames1 and Raul_T like this.
  23. Raul_T

Raul_T

Thanks for the reply. Will try to provide a sample project with the issue, but probably on monday.

24. namdo

namdo

I get Aura 2 errors when I import. Is Aura 2 now necessary to use this software.

EnviroCore.cs(2043,13): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Aura2API' could not be found

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like that you still have the AURA2_IN_PROJECT symbol in your "Projects Settings" -> "Player" -> "Compiler Define Symbols" list. Remove that one and it should work again.

26. gecko

gecko

I happen to have both of those, so tried them -- assigning the shader to the object material, and adding them in the Enviro Manager....but I must be missing something, because the object does not get snow on it. I found the Enviro Integrations folder (I thought the Manager made that obsolete?) and set that up for UBER, but the object still didn't get snow.... is there something else I need to do?

I didn't have any problems a few months ago with MicroSplat and Vegetation Studio Pro integration, using the manager, so not sure what I'm doing wrong now...

thanks!

27. skinwalker

skinwalker

Hi,

Im using Enviro and have day night cycle but Im wondering if I should go to the Lightings tab and turn off Realtime Lighting and only keep Mixed, then change the Enviro Directional Light to "Mixed"? Right now both Realtime and Mixed are checked on the lighting tab.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, can you please check if dynamic snow is activated in your UBER material?

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, make sure that "Realtime GI" in your Unity "Lighting Settings" is activated and also set the directional light to realtime. Other lights may can use "Mixed" lighting.

30. gecko

gecko

Yes, it is.

31. ccolbertemg

ccolbertemg

Hi Vondox,

I'm using running into a problem with Pegasus intergration and getting this error:

Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Pegasus Integration\Editor\TriggerControlEnviroEditor.cs(29,41): error CS0029: Cannot implicitly convert type 'EnviroSky' to 'EnviroSkyMgr'

Any recommendation?

32. BrandStone

BrandStone

Hi @Vondox,
    Any news here related to HDRP?

33. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello Hendrik,

how can I make the night overall a bit darker (the ground and Environment etc.), but by script?

Thanks a lot :)

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what enviro version do you use at the moment? Please try and update enviro if you not using 2.1.5.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I am currently investigating the approach to render enviro custom effects in latest HDRP that does not support the PP anymore. LWRP is close to finish only missing the Volume Lighting, HDRP skybox is also working. So it is in work, but not ready for testing.

Weendie-Games and mmaclaurin like this.
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try and use a EnviroInteriorZone for that. You don't need to add triggers as you also can activate and deactivate the modifications by script. So add a "EnviroInterior" component to a random gameobject in your scene. Make sure that you got a reference and call Enter() or Exit() to toggle effect. In that component activate the "Ambient Light" Modifaction with a dark color.

37. ccolbertemg

ccolbertemg

I am using Enviro 2.1.5. With Unity 2019.1.9f1, Gaia 1.9.5-c1, and Pegasus 2.5.3

Last edited: Jul 23, 2019
  38. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, ah sorry I was looking in wrong script.. That's a bug yeah. Please import the attached hotfix package.

Attached Files:

39. ccolbertemg

ccolbertemg

Thanks that fixed it!

Vondox likes this.
  40. Pvt_Hudson

Pvt_Hudson

Hello, was playing with the demo scene for Enviro 2.1.5 in a fresh Unity 2018.4.4f1 project.

When i wander into the SampleHouse/InteriorZone, it is almost totally black. If it is clear weather, the whole screen is black. Is that expected ?

enviro.PNG

Then if i walk back outside, the scene appears normal.

If i hover at the door when entering the hut again, i think the trigger fires a few times because everything looks ok INSIDE from inside the hut...

enviro2.PNG

but when i go back outside again, the environment is all black/shiny looking.

enviro3.PNG

Minor comment: the DemoController needs to be positioned above the terrain :)

41. mashar80

mashar80

Hi Vondox,

First of all amazing asset. Just tested a lot (in one week) with it at my friends place and i ran into a big problem as we are looking for highly accurate weather solution with proper hour, days, MONTHS (Not implemented in Enviro), and years calculation and seasons and lots of other things.

By far your asset is the only one that meets our requirement. i need some clarifications first before purchasing this:
    For a particular location on map i was testing latitude 52.99878 longitude 18.12254 UTC Offset +1, i am getting into problem. The sun seems to be close to horizon and by far doesn't seem to be effected from the internal calculations. But as we are using the suncalc.org data as a part of our projects your asset doesn't seem to match any of the data being provided by suncalc. so i was thinking is it even that accurate (Enviro) that we should use this or no.

The problem started when i introduced month in the system
    Code (CSharp):
    1. GetMonth(EnviroSkyMgr.instance.GetCurrentMonth(), EnviroSkyMgr.instance.GetCurrentYear());
    Now what happens is the azimuth belt is 180 Degree rotated meaning if we should have sun rising from west it is rising from east. and the season difference over UTC at azimuth is also reversed meaning i tested on 21 Jun' 2019 is supposed to be the longest day time and sun should be almost at peek at 14:00 p.m. but Enviro is showing it at near the horizon and vice versa for the Summer and other seasons.

Another problem i saw in your demo scene the rain particles are not visible if we apply post processing effects V2.17.

I am using Unity 2018.3.8 and Enviro 2.12 for testing. Tested the same with 2.15 and is the same issue.

Please clarify asap, as all is depending on this. Any comments on this would be much appreciated as to clear my mind.
    I am confused which asset to buy.

Regards

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

sounds like that you somwhere reversed some settings. I just tested this and get same results like in suncalc.org.
    What is your month code looks like? Here is a quick example to get the current month:

Code (CSharp):
    2.             System.DateTime date = new System.DateTime();
    3.             System.DateTime result = date.AddYears(EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.Years);
    4.             result = date.AddDays(EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.Days);
    5.             return result.Month;
    If you want to set enviro to a specific date you also can use:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.         System.DateTime date = new System.DateTime(2019,6,21,14,0,0);
    2.         EnviroSkyMgr.instance.SetTime(date);
    But I also will add full month support in one of the next updates. :)

Now about 21. June 2019 at your location. Here is what suncalc.org gives me:
    upload_2019-7-24_15-54-45.png

Sunrise in enviro at 4:20 in North-East:
    upload_2019-7-24_15-52-53.png

Sunset in enviro at 21:17 in North-West:
    upload_2019-7-24_15-53-20.png

And the culmination at 12:49 (We are looking to south this time to see part of sun)
    upload_2019-7-24_15-58-41.png

(Btw. north in Enviro is the +z axes if enviro object is not rotated! You also can rotate enviro object to match your scene north.)

About the post processing effects: Hm I am using these all the time and they should work with enviro. Please send me a test project with that issue if you may buy enviro. I could not reproduce that on my side.

Best Regards,
    Hendrik

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have to take a look into the trigger there, but sometimes it can be tricky to trigger that correct, most likely need to add some workaround here. That the screen gets black is expected here. Please take a look on EnviroInterior component on that house. It has enabled all modification for testing.

Yeah, I need to move the controller for newer Unity versions. I think it happens because of newer terrain system, as the controller won't fall in older unity versions. :D

44. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hello!

1) Very excited about LWRP as Crest and Microsplat are both running very well on LWRP.

2) You have some competition! Check out Massive clouds if you have not. It's pretty fast and I wonder if there are technically any differences in your approach. Massive is doing clouds and fog as an image-space effect, even including shadows of "offscreen" clouds on the landscape.

3) Question: is there a difference between "Light" and "Mobile Light"

4) I notice that when I great a "Light" version, it is not set up with the "LQ" presets, which I assume are "Low Quality." Is this an oversight? If I'm targeting mobile should be I be using the "LQ" presets?"

Weendie-Games likes this.
  45. BrandStone

BrandStone

Kind of competition. That package lacks weather. On the other hand it works on HDRP which i’m really interested in.

With all these things in mind I still trust @Vondox more because of stellar support and wait patiently for the HDRP update.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  46. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Yes, I'd still prefer to be on Enviro for weather, integrations, awesome daynight cycle, amazing support, and particularly @Vondox

LWRP and perf are my critical factors, and I'm trying to understand the performance tradeoffs of the different rendering strategies, particularly doing both fog and volumetric clouds as a post effect.

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah LWRP support will ready for testing soon. Maybe next week. I have it working using "Render Feature" of later LWRP versions. I also have effects as PPv2 extension. Those also can be used for older HDRP.

I know that asset, but can't really tell what approach it is using. Enviro volume clouds are based on Nubis papers. (Check google). Enviro also doing fog and volume clouds as post effect. Screenspace clouds shadows post effect is on my list. But with some work in an integration you also could use massive clouds with enviro of course.

The "Mobile Lite" instance is using no post effect fog by default and using the LQ weather presets with simple mobile shaders. At the end it's just a different configuration to start with.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I also have partitial support (no enviro volume lighting) for older HDRP that still support the PPv2. I will add that to the test package when I am finished. For the newer HDRP the approaches to render custom effects all looking a bit hacky, maybe need to wait for official support.

BrandStone and mmaclaurin like this.
  49. Custard1

Custard1

Hello, I am experiencing issues using enviro in VR (RiftS). Specifically with sun and moon shafts. The first issues is with both sun and moon shafts. They essentially appear to clip and flicker, is this a limitation of the system? Secondly if both sun and moon shafts are enabled in single pass stereo the image is duplicated. See attachments. Its a great system. By the way I intend to use enviro with Aura eventually but at the moment using Aura seems to make the night lighting very bright, any advice on how to adjust that would also be greatly appreciated. Enviro_Sun.jpg
    Enviro_SunandMoon.jpg

50. DrInternet

DrInternet

Hello,

I think there is a problem with storm in VR. The moment lightning is spawned, the screen is split "in half" as if lightning effect was not adapted to single-pass.

Unity 2019.1.11
    Enviro 2.1.5
    SteamVR
    Single-pass mode

(Screenshot from game window, although it looks a bit different from HMD image)

Clipboard02.png