Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Thanks. I will try it.

2. alexrau

alexrau

Any news on lwrp support? Very excited to try and check this forum eveyday

3. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

I'm seeing a major performance drop from 120-134 fps to 78-90 when adding enviro. Is there a reason for this? I'm setting the scene up as instructed. I am also using the current version of enviro and unity 2019. When I remove enviro from the scene the frame rate goes back to 120-134. I understand there would be some performance drop but I was not expecting that. If this is typical I won't plan on using it. I mean it is really neat to see, just too expensive.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, no new news on that front yet.

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm do you have deactivated the old directional light? As I don't know about your pc configuration it is hard to tell if it is normal drop. In your case between 3-4 ms. On my rig in default enviro settings it is between 2-3 ms with volume clouds + reflection probe, volume lighting, atmospheric scattering sky and fog. I think that pretty reasonable for that lot of effects.

You can try to reduce the quality settings of clouds and volume lighting and check if you get more fps, if it still is not in your budget we also can arrange a refund here.

6. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hi, Thanks for your reply.

I am using a starbox for my stars at the moment, but unity you can change skyboxes dynamically.

What I was thinking of doing was to use the star skybox while the player was high above the ground, (I already have an atmosphere effect, etc, working on the planets).

However, when the player lands on the planet (and it close to the ground) I could swap out the star skybox (or fade it out) and replace it with the skybox from this asset. Would that be feasible at all?

The same thing would be true with clouds, I have simple long distance clouds, but would it be possible to switch to enviro clouds when the player is close enough to the planet for them not to be able to see the horizon?

That could solve the issue with artifacts?

The time of day system would be a problem, since the direction of the sun moving across the sky probably assumes a y-up vector, is that correct?

It doesn't sound impossible so far, if I only enable enviro when the player is close to the ground, the only issue is the rotation.

7. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

While I changing the weather from rain to clear sky, the clouds colour doesn't changing to white....Still they are black....Need help

8. Sam512

Sam512

Almost my game objects now appear as wet in the shadows with this new version

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you would need to modify the skybox shader to support other rotations. I never done this before and can't tell how hard it will be. :/ But like I already told you would need to modify and even disable some of the enviro (time of day,sun and moon positions) features as they just not designed for this usecase.

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, okay strange. What enviro version do you use? Can you please send me your weather preset and profile in privat message for debugging?

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the reflection settings in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Reflections. Does it help when you deactivate the "Custom Reflection Rendering" or lowering the Reflection Intensity?

12. Sam512

Sam512

There is new setting I didn't know. BTW, the script, that the shadows stop moving from 4 pm to 6 am, you sent me in the previous version doesn't work anymore. It appear as compiled error. And oh I didn't tell while it worked in the previous version, it also had some issues. The sun light didn't completely disappear when the shadows stop moving even when the moon appear. Instead the moon did not cast shadows, only the sun. Sorry English is not my first language

13. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, don't use the modified file I send you before. Just import latest version. I added this option as default and also improved a bit. Please take a look into your enviro lighting settings -> "Stop Rotation" option.

14. Sam512

Sam512

Sun light still cast until around 8 pm
    My value : 0.64
    I want shadows to stop moving from 4 pm

Last edited: Jul 3, 2019
  15. mlozaw17

mlozaw17

Quick question - I updated Unity to the 2018.4 LTS version, and everything went fine except the sky turned black. The skybox material "Enviro/Skybox" that was there doesn't seem to be working anymore. I can get a normal sky back by using a different skybox material, but is there a way to get the Enviro/Skybox material working again? Thanks!

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please update enviro. Sounds like that you are using a old version.

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, what are your longitude, latitude and utc offset settings? For me it does stop at 16:00 witgh default settings and stop value of 0.64.

18. CreationsPD

CreationsPD

2 things which may or may not be related

1. I upgraded enviro by deleting everything in scene and project and then imported the new version and reset it up. It now says under EnviroSky Lite for Mobiles
    Profile Version: 2.1.5
    Prefab Version: 2.1.3

Is this okay?

2. I now get (I have not edited any files)
    InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid.
    EnviroSkyMgrEditor.OnEnable () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyMgrEditor.cs:21)

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version do you use? Really not sure why it throws error for you as nothing changed there and I also don't have any other reports like this. Maybe try to reimport the asset.
    The first one is okay, prefab hasn't changed between those versions.

20. Sam512

Sam512

Sorry I wasn't clear it does stop at 16:00 but the sun still cast shadows until 20:00. I want it to stop casting shadows from 18:30. Around 20:00 sun shadows suddenly switch to the moon and it's very noticeable

21. Sam512

Sam512

I wouldn't bother you if performance is great around 16:00 and 18:00

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check the shadow intensity curve in your enviro lighting settings. There you can decrease the shadows or deactivated them with setting them to "0" based on sun altitude in sky.

23. Sam512

Sam512

My issue here:
    That didn't help much. My issue here

This is a test project. In my real project I only got about 45fps around 16:30 - 18:30

24. Vondox

Vondox

Please try following:

Set the shadow intensity curve around that times where you see bad performance because of shadows to zero to smoothly fade in and out shadows when switching.

upload_2019-7-5_17-49-15.png

If you have that much problems with too much shadowcasters in your scene you also can disable the shadows with the shadow intensity curve around the times and use some simple script like this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class DisableShadows : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public Light myLight;
    8.     public LightShadows defaultShadowMode = LightShadows.Soft;
    10.     void Start ()
    11.     {
    12.         if(myLight == null)
    13.            myLight = GetComponent<Light>();
    14.     }
    16.     void Update ()
    17.     {
    18.         if (myLight == null)
    19.             return;
    21.         if (myLight.shadowStrength == 0)
    22.         {
    23.             myLight.shadows = LightShadows.None;
    24.         }
    25.         else if(myLight.shadows != defaultShadowMode)
    26.         {        
    27.             myLight.shadows = defaultShadowMode;
    28.         }
    29.     }
    30. }
    That script deactivate the shadowcasting when shadow strength is zero. Just add it to the Enviro directional light.

That's currently all I can think of that can be done here on enviro side. In general enviro performs the same at all time of day so stopping the rotation and deactivate the shadows is only option on enviro side as enviro does not alter the Unity shadow or lighting system.

If you still want to have realtime shadows at all times you need to optimze Unity shadow settings and maybe reduce the amount of possible shadowcasters in your scenes.

Sam512 likes this.
  25. Sam512

Sam512

I think that helped a bit. About the script I do not know i'm not a programmer. I tend to other case for now when I finish eveything I will test again

26. Necka_

Necka_

Hello,

In my scene I have a script that does "EnviroSky.instance.Stop(true, true)" when the player goes to bed (then the script will change time of the day to day+1 8AM)

The stop works fine, light turns off, time stop, ambient sounds stop.

My issue is that when I do: EnviroSky.instance.Play()
    everything works very well except the ambient sounds that never resume

Is it a bug or should I force somewhere the ambient sounds to resume?

thank you

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like a bug. Please try to call EnviroSky.instance.TryPlayAmbientSFX(); after Play(). I also will have a look to fix it in next update. Thanks for your report!

28. Necka_

Necka_

Seems to work if I call that method after Play(), Except that it doesn't "lerp" to the set volume so it's a bit too obvious, if you can have a look at this so it gradually set the volume from 0 to the volume desired after Play() that would be great :)

thank you

29. mgrieci

mgrieci

Hi there - We seem to have lost our moon in some (but not all) of our scenes in our project. I'm not exactly sure how this happened. I have attached out profile settings - any ideas?

Attached Files:

• moon.PNG
      moon.PNG
      File size:
      27.6 KB
      Views:
  30. unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

Hello. What version is suitable for Unity 2018.3. I work in the usual package (3D). I tried 2.1.3, 2.1.4, 2.1.2 and they did not work. In the demo in the folder Enviro Standard the sky is just black, the switches do not work

31. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

Sorry...I didn't clear the older presets….Thatsy the problem occurred....Now I entirely removed the enviro settings from my terrain and added new from gaia manager...Now it works fine

32. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

I duplicated smoke particle prefab from standard assets package and add that as a new enviro preset…..But the following error comes....Help!

Attached Files:

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah I will have a look to improve that in next update. :)

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you tested on different game time days? Maybe try to set the "Sun and Moon Position" to "Simple" in Sky settings to make sure to have a moon every night.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm they should work. Do you have added an enviro instance to the manager? Just click on "Enviro Sky Manager" and then "Add Standard Instance" -> "Activate" -> "Auto Assign". You also can try the latest version (2.1.5) of course.

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the smoke prefab. is there some kind of script attached that maybe destroys the effect after it finished?

37. unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

Thank you! It helped, otherwise I already began to break my head how to make a beautiful sky. Thanks again

Vondox likes this.
  38. unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

And one more question. How to make puddles. I know the integration of Wet Stuff in Enviro - Sky and Weather, but the wet stuff version is suitable for 2.1.2. If to import, errors, whether there is other decision

39. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

Hi, is Lite compatible with 2018.4? I'm using 2018.4.3f1 (LTS) and the sample scene keeps loading in with a pink skybox:
    upload_2019-7-10_19-0-36.png

There also seems to be a missing script on the camera:
    upload_2019-7-10_19-0-55.png

Now for an unrelated question, is it possible for me to use a custom skybox material? I have no need for time of day and wanted to use a stylized skybox with static clouds.

40. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

I created a NEW ENVIRO PROFILE with its START WEATHER PRESET as "cloudy 1"......In play mode I selected the new profile which I created and hit load from profile (at runtime)……..but its not loading......any help!

41. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Hi! Long time lurker here. I have a situation where I can see rectangular light sources (sun and moon) appearing through the terrain when both satellites are below the horizon. Could anyone please explain how to resolve this? Many thanks.

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry no puddles included out of the box. Can you please send me a screenshot of the errors you get with Wet Stuff? Should be easy to fix.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that is strange! Please try to remove the enviro instances in "Enviro Sky Manager" and add again. That missing script is from Post Processing v2, but it won't break anything if not imported.

Yes, normaly you can assign your own skybox material in Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky category and set the "Skybox Mode" to "Custom Skybox" a new field will show up where you can assign your material. But it looks like there is a bug right now as it won't apply your material in Unity right now. So please assign your custom sky material in Unity Lighting settings yourself and it should work. I will fix the auto assign in next update.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have lightshafts enabled? If yes, you can try to tweak the left half of the "Treshold Color" gradients from sun and moon and make them darker (full black). (Enviro Sky Instance -> Edit Profile -> "Lightshafts" category.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please try to select some other object and then click back to Enviro Sky to see if the values changed, as it may not update the inspector right away.

46. MK1_Dev

MK1_Dev

Hi. I do not use lightshafts but I unchecked Volume Lighting and this has solved the issue. This works for me. Thanks.

47. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Latest build seems screwy. The Enviro Zone script GUI is throwing errors

Code (csharp):
    2. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3. EnviroSkyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyEditor.cs:411)
    4. UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorElement.cs:462)
    5. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    Image1.jpg

Also step 3 in the instructions says click "Auto Assign" where the button in the GUI says "Activate".

Using Unity 2019.1.7f1

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
  48. AndreasO

AndreasO

Would it be possible to get proper integration with Crest Ocean?

Right now it looks like lighting is not working correctly when EnviroSkyMgr is added to a scene that is also using Crest Ocean. The ocean stays bright no matter what day time it is. I verified that this only happens when Enviro is used in a scene.

49. unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

unity_jT6Ki-H2sn0Z9Q

Oh, I understood my mistake. It turns out that this is not a free asset, you had to buy Wet Stuff, and then import a free one. I'm sorry to trouble you.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. It looks like it is missing a null check here and that the prefabs are messed up after import. Please try to reimport enviro as with correct prefabs this error should not show up. However I also send you an hotfix now.

If the instance already have a camera and player assigned or is set to "Assign on Runtime" the "Auto Assign" button would not show up.