Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. MagiSoftworks

MagiSoftworks

Worked perfect. :) Thanks, We are enjoying Enviro..

2. schildawg

schildawg

Yeah, it seems like it is only done on the tree billboards. It is more pronounced the closer the billboard distance. Here's it set at 30.

banding.PNG

3. schildawg

schildawg

It seems to me that the clouds are being drawn behind the mesh trees, and in front of the billboard trees. At 300, it isn't noticeable at all.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Ah yea, please try to change the render queue of the cloud layer materials in Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Materials folder.

5. Necka_

Necka_

Hello,
    I think I have a bug but I can't explain how exactly it happens, it's really weird.
    I noticed that my Scene was taking longer and longer time to save every day. Yesterday I checked and it was 200+MB (instead of ~8)
    So I spent time to troubleshoot until I found that I had hundreds of "Enviro_Lighhtning_Strike(Clone)" under [Enviro Effects LW]
    upload_2019-6-22_15-15-6.png

I deleted them all but one and my scene went back to its regular size.

But today I noticed it again. And the worst part is that in my different tests entering/exiting playmode I didn't have a Storm triggered a single time as so far I disabled the "Weather update"

Would you know what would add those clones in editor? (I don't believe they're added at runtime as it wouldn't be saved in the scene) and how to avoid this

thank you

edit: Ok so it happens everytime I click on "Play mode". That adds one Lightning strike clone to the hierarchy and it stays after exiting.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
  6. schildawg

schildawg

The billboards are set to Transparent-100, and the clouds are Transparent. In the editor they show up as Transparent+1 3001, and Transparent+2 3002. Changing it in the editor, it automatically resets itself back, and attempting to change it in the shader has no effect. It seems there is something actively setting it back the way it is. A Google search show that it might be something to do with Custom Render Queue settings, but I'm not having much luck with it.

Changing the billboard shader you attached to Transparent+100 actually eliminates the effect between the billboards and the clouds, but obviously causes other render issues.

Setting the billboards to a reasonable distance like 200, the effect is not even noticeable, so I'll come back to it later on when I understand the render queue a little bit better.

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! Indeed a bug in Enviro Lite, it is correct in Enviro Standard.
    I forgot a check there before we instantiate the prefab please open the EnviroSkyLite.cs and search for this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (weatherSettings.lightningEffect != null)
    change that to:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  if (weatherSettings.lightningEffect != null && lightningEffect == null)
    Thanks again, I will include that fix in 2.1.5. :)

8. Vondox

Vondox

Oh yes, the system will set the render queues of those two particle cloud layers. Sorry, I forgot that.
    You can check the UpdateParticleClouds function in EnviroCore.cs, there you can define the render queues. I will have a look for a better solution for update 2.1.5 now.

9. Necka_

Necka_

Haha, I just actually spent a few minutes comparing the HD and Lite version and found out exactly that "&& lightningEffect == null" was missing :) fixed my issue! thanks a lot

Vondox likes this.
  10. schildawg

schildawg

OK, everything looks good with the billboards now. Thanks again!

Vondox likes this.
  11. vijaybihari1

vijaybihari1

do you have humidity effect as well

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry at the moment not.

13. Davood_Kharmanzar

Davood_Kharmanzar

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry HDRP isn't supported yet, but "Mirror Networking" is integrated.

15. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

Can you help me? I want to make the nighttime lighting very dark like in the Forza series(Motorsport 6 and Horizon 3 onwards). How do I do it?

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into your EnviroSky instance -> Edit Profile -> Lighting category. There you can set the ambient and direct lighting.

I would start with the left half of "Ambient Sky Color" and "Ambient Intensity". You may also want to decrease the "Moon Lighting Intensity". But you also may want to tweak your color grading/tonemapping settings: I would start with this if you haven't set this up yet,

17. GossamerGames

GossamerGames

Thank you! After updating, things seem to be going smoothly, however, I will keep you updated!

Vondox likes this.
  18. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

Hi, I am using Unity 2018.3.5f1 + the latest version of Enviro, the following error occurred:

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Material' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    UnityEngine.Material.SetColorImpl (System.Int32 name, UnityEngine.Color value) <0x3d2f3150 + 0x00062> in <dc10dd4ad9f34aa98e691e49a48c7111>:0
    UnityEngine.Material.SetVector (System.String name, UnityEngine.Vector4 value) (at D:/unity/Runtime/Export/Shader.cs:529)
    EnviroVolumeLight.VolumetricLightRenderer_PreRenderEvent (EnviroSkyRendering renderer, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 viewProj, UnityEngine.Matrix4x4 viewProjSP) (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro

The game screen will be covered by fog and the above error will always be refreshed.

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that one will be fixed in next update and should be online on friday. But I will send you an hotfix now. :)

AngelBeatsZzz likes this.
  20. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

OK, thanks for reply.

21. Davidbillmanoy

Davidbillmanoy

I have a problem: Somethings weird here.
    upload_2019-6-26_17-53-15.png
    upload_2019-6-26_17-53-23.png

22. Vondox

Vondox

23. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Hello,

I am considering purchasing this asset, but I have one question.

Does this asset support rotation?

IE, if the player is oriented in a non-y-up direction, can the sky, weather, clouds, etc, rotate to match the non-y up vector?

I am working on a space game with spherical worlds, so I would need this feature. I'm not expecting an out of the box solution, I'm happy to put some time into it to implement this feature, I just need to know how feasible it might be, or might not be.

Thanks!

24. GarretPolk

GarretPolk

Did this ever get added? I'm on 2.1.4 and I don't see any options for it. It's driving me crazy, like the clouds are on fire.

Thanks.

25. Legendary_keith

Legendary_keith

Hello,
    I'm making a (mobile) VR game and have a single stereo pass issue when i use this asset in my game. I disabled the enviro post-processing script but it still keeps happening, do you have any ideas on how i can fix this?

Thanks,
    Keith

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
  26. Player7

Player7

Anyway to have a custom image based skybox, ie for a galaxy?

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm if you are need a solution for a space game where you can fly to different planets through space, envio won't be the right solution for that. The sky is rendered as skybox and won't really work for that usecase.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I added this option to 2.1.5. Unfortunaly I had not enough time to finish and upload the update yesterday, so it will be delayed and should be online on monday. But I can send you the update if you need this asap.

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity version do you use? I will have a look if I can find a fix for android singlepass for the standard version then. But maybe it even would be better to use the lite version for mobile vr?! I would think that most features of standard version like the volumetric clouds for example are a bit to complex to run fast enough without sacrifce quality by lowering settings.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there is a cubemap slot for galaxy in standard version (EnviroSky instance -> Edit Profile -> Sky categors.
    Do you maybe use the lite version?! I also created a modified skybox shader for another customer that have an additional cubemap taht you could mix with the atmospheric scattering. I also can send you that modified shader if you need it.

31. Player7

Player7

I have the full version, just don't seem to remember seeing the option last time I used the asset, yeah that modified shader would be good.

32. Legendary_keith

Legendary_keith

Unity 2018.2.19f1 version

33. PhoenixAdvanced

PhoenixAdvanced

Thank you for your reply.

Would the other features of enviro work without the skybox? The weather, etc?

Also, would it be possible to, say, disable the skybox while the player is in space, and then enable it when they are close to the planet, and then rotate the skybox to match the rotation of the player's up vector? Would anything like that be feasible?

Thanks.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, it should be easy to have the weather effects alligned. But I don't think that you can get good results using a skybox here. The skybox should be used for your stars in space and then you need atmosphere post effect for your sky that also will handle the atmosphere when you are looking at your planet from space. There is a git project from a brunetons atmosphere Unity implementation. That one could work with some work put into. Maybe something that I will add to enviro later too.

For clouds: You can use the enviro volume clouds with some work. Currently they will be cut at horizon, but that can be disabled to have a spherical clouds layer. Still with some artifacts at the middle of the sphere. But I think with some work those can be solved. You also will see that the weather map for coverage will be repeated which can look odd from far away. And you also would need to add the earth shadow to clouds here to have proper clouds lighting at the planet side where we have night.

You also would need to disable the light movements of enviro and time system. That one is designed to be used for on planet simulation. In your case you don't want to move the sun light around of course. :D

So at the end a lot of work to get to your goal is required as enviro just isn't designed for this usecase. You only may can reuse some code and shaders from enviro to get you started to create your own system, but modifing the enviro source maybe isn't the best idea.

35. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Hi,
    I am testing with time of day, when it is nearing dusk the sky gets bleached / over exposed.
    Suggest me the correct settings to apply. Please check the image below

Sky.jpg

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try and add some tonemapping for example from Unity Post Processing V2 package -> Color Grading -> "ACES" tonemapping. That should improve your overall sky quality.

37. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Thanks. I will try it.

How do I enable fog and change its distance in run time? Please let me know

38. Vondox

Vondox

The fog is bind to the current active weather type. >ou can change to a foggy weather or modifiy the fog settings of your weather presets. Additional you also have some global control over distance and and height fog through the EnviroSky Manager.

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.FogSettings.distanceFogIntensity = 5f;
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.FogSettings.heightFogIntensity = 1f;

39. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

Thanks. I will do it

40. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

I am able to apply the fog, but the fog is not properly applied to some distant object (tress, vehicle wind shield - transparent glass). Please check the image below
    Fog.png

41. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

Will this allow the cloud growth/decay to be slowed way down? I couldn't find an option for this, otherwise, I think Enviro might be my new favorite sky asset(Nuaj was so good for its time and I've never had time to get it to work past Unity 5.4).

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you need to modify transparent shaders to show the fog and volumetric lighting. For trees you can use the shader attached. Just add it to your project and it should work as it is a replacement shader.
    About your wind shild material. Do you us a custom shader for those one? Enviro includes a basic transparent shader that you may can use. But you also can send me your shader if that one won't work and I will modify it for you.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do mean the transition between different weather types? You can adjust those speed in EnviroSky Instance -> Edit Profile -> Weather category.

muzboz likes this.
  44. Obsurveyor

Obsurveyor

No, I mean the way the clouds look like they're constantly evaporating at the top very quickly. I'd like to slow that down to something more like reality.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Okay, yeah that option is in 2.1.5. Hope it will be online tomorrow.

46. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

For trees, I am using SpeedTree, do you want me to add the Enviro/StandardAlphaBlended shader to it.

Regarding Wind Shield, I tried adding the shader Enviro/StandardAlphaBlended. But the glass is not transparent. Please check the image below

TestGlass01.jpg

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no speed tree should work out of the box. You don't need to change the shader here. What speed tree package do you use? Do you add them through the terrain tools or do you use a third party asset to render your vegetation?

Please try and reduce the metallic of your wind shild material, then check with different weather types.

48. pssaravanan

pssaravanan

I am using the free SpeedTree package from asset store.
    Thanks, I am able to get transparency working with fog for my wind shield material.

Is it possible to reduce the size of the sun & its halo/glow around it. I have already applied the post processing - Color grading to it. Check the image below

Sun.jpg

49. Vondox

Vondox

Please take a look into your weather presets -> "General" section -> "Volume Lighting Intensity" and try to reduce that one. And please update enviro to latest version and check if your far trees still won't show fog.

50. gecko

gecko

Is there a way to have mid-distance height fog which uses the terrain / topography for height -- that is, to have some light fog anywhere on the terrain, no matter it's height above 0, to give some depth to the view? I've messed around with Height Fog but it doesn't seem to allow this -- if the camera is 600m up, being on a mountain slope, if I increase height fog to reach that high, then it makes the distant fog way too dense. Thanks!