Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, should be ready next week. :)

pierre92nicot and Satsukeshi like this.
  2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look into your post processing layer component and deactivate the "Camera Target" option. That one will break effects that using OnRenderImage function.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  3. Satsukeshi

Satsukeshi

Fantastic, I can't wait! :D

4. web76

web76

Hi, when turning on integration with FogVolume 3 i get this error:
    "Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\FogVolume3 Integration\EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(377,55): error CS1061: 'EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for 'GetCamera' and no accessible extension method 'GetCamera' accepting a first argument of type 'EnviroSkyMgr' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

When I turn on integration for LUX water I get this error:
    "Assets\Enviro - Sky and Weather\Core\Scripts\3rd Party Integrations\Lux Integration\EnviroLUXIntegration.cs(10,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'LuxDynamicWeather' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)"

Any thoughts?

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the LUX integration in Enviro Sky Manager is for the LUX Shaderframework not for LUX Water. LUX Water integration need to be activated on LUX side.

I also will send you a hotfix for the Fog Volume 3 integration. Btw. the update with all these fixes and a few improvements and Aura 2 Integration will be released later this week.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I have started a private conversation to find a solution for your project.

7. benthroop

benthroop

Hi @Vondox is there a recommended water solution that reflects the Enviro Sky/Fog/PostFX? Lux does not and modifying it to do so has not been trivial. Thanks!

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can activate the enviro - lux integration to show fog and volumetric lighting in LuxWater_Setup.cginc. Just uncomment the enviro line and comment all other. There also is a guide for Aquas included in Enviro - Sky and Weather -> Core -> Scripts -> 3rd Party -> Aquas Integration folder.

9. Binary-Soul

Binary-Soul

Good evening, I'm integrating the asset into my project and I came upon a doubt that I couldn't quite solve, was wondering if you might be able to give me a hand.

I'm trying to create realistic day/night cycle based on coordinates for different locations around the world. In order to control a day cycle I saw there are two variables that determine how long the cycle lasts: "DayLengthInMinutes" and "NightLengthInMinutes".

If I wanted a "real" 24h day, I could do something like:

DayLengthInMinutes = 720 (12h in minutes)
    NightLengthInMinutes = 720 (12h in minutes)

However, the proportion of day / night on any given day and location is not 50% and 50% so that would result in an unrealistic result.

I've realized the cycle works properly (for example a cycle in winter in norther scandinavia is pretty much a constant night) but I haven't been able to find a variable or value in the API to get the actual duration or proportion (ex: day 6h, night 18h or day 25% and night 75%).

Is there any way in which I can obtain the daytime / nighttime real duration or proportion for a specific set of coordinates and a specific date?

Also, I'm 99% sure this is not included in Enviro and I would need to use some other external API, but I might as well ask since I'm here. Is there any way to obtain the UTC offset from a set of coordinates?

Thank you.

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the "DayLengthInMinutes" working a bit different. They won't get added so if you set both to 5 minutes the whole day cycle will oinly take 5 realtime minutes not 10. I think I will change that in next update as it is really a bit confusing right now. I planned to add a "DayLengthInMinutes" value and a modification to increase or decrease the night/day progression speed.

Fast answer: Just set both to 1440 and you get a 24h day.

Binary-Soul likes this.
  11. Binary-Soul

Binary-Soul

Oh, that's awesome! haha, much easier than what I was trying to do.Will do it right now then :).

About the UTC offset from coordinates... no luck there, right? :p

12. benthroop

benthroop

Hey @Vondox -

I've got my eye on a few volumetric cloud features that I'd like to get timelines on. If they are unplanned or too far out, totally okay, just want to get a roadmap so we can figure out alternate plans.

- Flying above/through volumetric clouds. I'm mainly interested in clouds intersecting/overlapping with mountain tops in the distance.

- Cloud lighting from below. Right now the variation in angle of lighting incidence on the volumetric clouds is very small. Ideally it would better match the directional light. For instance, when the sun sets, there is a time when the clouds are actually underlit.

Also, regarding water reflection of the sky, like I said, the Lux integration doesn't include reflection. I don't own Aquas and it looks a bit much feature wise, but it'd be good to know if people have successfully reflected the sky with it.

13. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry this feature is not planned right now.

Binary-Soul likes this.
  14. Vondox

Vondox

"- Flying above/through volumetric clouds. I'm mainly interested in clouds intersecting/overlapping with mountain tops in the distance."

Will be added in 2.2 update. I already started to work on this.

"- Cloud lighting from below. Right now the variation in angle of lighting incidence on the volumetric clouds is very small. Ideally it would better match the directional light. For instance, when the sun sets, there is a time when the clouds are actually underlit."

I can have a look into this. I am currently working on some more improvements about clouds lighting. But I can't guarantee if I will add this in 2.1.3 already.

"Also, regarding water reflection of the sky, like I said, the Lux integration doesn't include reflection. I don't own Aquas and it looks a bit much feature wise, but it'd be good to know if people have successfully reflected the sky with it."

Hm, it should reflect the skybox just fine when reflections enabled in Lux Water. Only volume clouds need some modification in reflection code from Lux Water right now. But I can help you with that.

15. Toceurope

Toceurope

Hi Vondox,

When enabling Fox Voume3 integration, it generates lots of compiler errors, while I'm certain that FogVolume3 (3.4.1) is enabled and even used in the scene. What am I doing wrong?

Unity 2018.2.3, Enviro Sky Manager 2.1.2, Fog Volume 3.4.1

Also: Could you give some pointers how to integrate LuxWater?

Code (csharp):
    1. -----CompilerOutput:-stderr----------
    2. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(53,35): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetEnviroComponents' and no extension method `GetEnviroComponents' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    3. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    4. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(72,49): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `EnviroCloudSettings' and no extension method `EnviroCloudSettings' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    5. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    6. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(74,42): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `EnviroCloudConfig' and no extension method `EnviroCloudConfig' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    7. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    8. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(82,45): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `EnviroCloudSettings' and no extension method `EnviroCloudSettings' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    9. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    10. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(95,64): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `EnviroTime' and no extension method `EnviroTime' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    11. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    12. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(104,68): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetPlayer' and no extension method `GetPlayer' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    13. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    14. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(104,153): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetPlayer' and no extension method `GetPlayer' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    15. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    16. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(108,65): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetPlayer' and no extension method `GetPlayer' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    17. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    18. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(108,147): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetPlayer' and no extension method `GetPlayer' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    19. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    20. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(164,63): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    21. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    22. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(164,111): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    23. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    24. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(164,166): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    25. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    26. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(215,63): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    27. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    28. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(215,111): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    29. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    30. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(215,166): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    31. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    32. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(300,63): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    33. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    34. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(300,123): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    35. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    36. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(376,29): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    37. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    38. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(377,55): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    39. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)
    40. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/FogVolume3 Integration/EnviroFogVolumeIntegration.cs(380,38): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `GetCamera' and no extension method `GetCamera' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?
    41. Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroSkyMgr.cs(6,14): (Location of the symbol related to previous error)

16. UDN_449900de-7c34-4a67-83eb-fa8501bf0413

UDN_449900de-7c34-4a67-83eb-fa8501bf0413

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for this issue! I have send you an hotfix for fog volume 3 integration in private conversation.

To enable the support in Lux Water you have to open the LuxWater_Setup.cginc file and uncomment the two enviro lines. Also comment the default fog support line at the top.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I am currently busy finishing the 2.1.3 update. But we can have a look into this next week. Please send me your discord or skype user in private conversation and I will add you.

19. Toceurope

Toceurope

Yes, thank you. I already saw it in the LuxWater documentation. My bad.

20. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

I haven't had a lot of time to look into Enviro much since I bought it, but I was struggling a little bit when I did use it a couple of weeks ago. Is there any way to make the weather transitions more subtle? It seems like whenever there is a transition it rushes through to the end, for example, going from no clouds to very cloudy you would expect to take quite a bit of time as it transitions from a to b, where as it seems to happen over a couple of seconds. I noticed in the demos I have seen of Enviro that is often how it is shown as well. Is there anyway I can change how long it takes to transition between the different weather types? Thanks

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you can set the transition speeds in "Edit Profile" -> "Weather" category. (lower values = slower).

22. UDN_449900de-7c34-4a67-83eb-fa8501bf0413

here is my id: Skiller#6252

23. code-blep

code-blep

Hi, Just bought your asset. Downloaded, opened demo scene, hit play, and any time I try to use the UI to control time of day etc, exception errors are generated. Here are some of them:

Just wanted to make you aware, and I will investigate to see where the issues are.

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please click on the "Enviro Sky Manager" object and add an instance. More information in documentation found in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder.

I also will have a look and add a null check to demo UI Script later, so thanks for your report.

code-blep likes this.
  25. code-blep

code-blep

Hi, thanks for the pointer. I had a manager leaning over my shoulder wanting to see the asset asap hence going straight in. Can confirm that after reading docs (sorry!) all is working as expected! Thank you :)

26. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

Hi, thanks for the response. I've had the values as high as 1 and as low as 0.001 in the weather transition settings in the enviro profile and the transition still only lasts a couple of seconds no matter what value I set it to. It seems like changing these values has no effect. I feel like I've got to be doing something wrong but I can't see what.

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you changed it in profile directly or in "Enviro Sky Instance" -> "Edit Profile" -> "Weather" category. If you change values in profile directly you need to load in the values to your instance by click on "Load from Profile". Please check the included documentation for more information.

Kandy_Man likes this.
  28. gghitman69

gghitman69

29. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Hi, did you know if there is a way to reduce the wind transition speed ?
    When I go from storm to clear sky the transition is brutal.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, wind intensity transition speed slider already added in 2.1.3. I try to release update this week, sorry that I am behind my release date again, but some nice new stuff will be in 2.1.3. ;)

pierre92nicot likes this.
  31. malkere

malkere

No idea if this has been addressed, but I just caught it trying to turn things off for a headless server:
    if (!EnviroSky.instance.started || EnviroSky.instance == null)

in EnviroAudioSource.cs Update()

those should be in reverse order as instance == null throws an error when trying to check instance.started. Running on an older version, so maybe obsolete, but thought I'd mention if not.
    /wave

32. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to optimize our game for Intel Integrated graphics, using Enviro Lite. Couple questions:

1) EnviroSkyRenderingLW uses 2.5ms. If I disable that camera component, I lose all fog, which obviously looks much worse. I've already disabled all the Features checklist items. Anything else I can do to reduce that 2.5ms without losing the fog entirely?

2) I've disabled all the Enviro camera components, but at runtime, with Lite mode enabled, EnviroSkyRendering and EnviroPostProcessing get activated. Is that expected? Should we just disable those by script or are we doing something wrong?

33. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! Will be fixed in 2.1.3. :)

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

If you are need deferred rendering: Please try to use the "Simple Fog Mode" in your profile settings and keep the "Use Post Effect Fog" enabled. Or you also can disable that option and set to "Use Unity Fog" in your profiles fog settings and use the deferred fog from Unity post processing stack for example.

If you use forward rendering you can just set "Use Unity Fog" and don't need any post processing based fog at all.

About 2. No EnviroSkyRendering should be deactivated if you switch to Lite instance. EnviroPostProcessing will be used from both versions, so it keeps enabled. How do you switch between your version?

35. gecko

gecko

We normally use Deferred but will use Forward for low-end hardware. Can we switch those toggles on/off during runtime, or do they need to be preset?

And for 2: Ah, looks like a script of ours is forcing that on...

Also: Does it matter where the Enviro camera components are in the stack on the camera?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Those options can be set in runtime too. Image effects that using the OnRenderImage function will be renderd in the order you put them on your camera. But the "EnviroSkyRendering" will render after opaque as it uses the [ImageEffectOpaque] tag and the "EnviroPostProcessing" after transparent. So the order of those too does not matter. But maybe you got other legacy effects that you want to put in correct order.

gecko likes this.
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will release srp support for the latest version of lwsrp and hdsrp. But it isn't finished yet so can't tell what exact version it will be.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Short update about update 2.1.3!

I finished the Aura 2 Integration. If you got Aura 2 in your project you can enable it in Enviro Sky Manager.

Here you can convert the Enviro directional light and your main camera to use Aura 2 if you haven't done that yet. You also can set the Aura 2 directional light strength based on sun altitude in a curve and set the transition speed to have smooth blending between different weather conditions. In your weather preset you got a new category where you can set the Aura 2 global values for each weather condition.

Volume Clouds in Reflection Probes:

With 2.1.3 you can have volume clouds added to Reflection Probes.

upload_2019-5-30_2-40-26.png

I also further improved the volume clouds rendering and still working and tweaking on these. Here are a few quick screenshots:

NEW_02.png
    NEW_03.png
    NEW_07.png
    NEW_06.png

Of course there are also a lot of other smaller improvements and fixes like improved particle effects, wind handling. I will post full changelog soon once I finished with everything like the dual light mode.

39. rostik1975

rostik1975

Hello,
    I have few questions:
    - Will this system work with Unity 5.6.4, for desktop projects (linear c. space, deferred)?
    - Is it possible to use 'single date' mode either in settings or by editing celestrial calculations in script, to 'bake' the sun and moon movement (simplify, remove precession etc) to have it always look like for 7/ 28/ 2018 date for example?
    - Do clouds cast shadows, or reduce light intensity? If not, can I access each cloud's position to calculate sun-camera-cloud angle to reduce the light intensity to simulate cloud shadows?
    - Can I set Start fog distance (so that fog starts not next to the camera but from some distance say 10-20m from it)?

Thank you.

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

- Enviro is released in Unity 2017.1, but also should work in 5.6. You may need to modify the particle system a little bit as there where some changes.
    - Yes, you can set to "One Day" mode system will only simulate that one day over andd over again. But it isn't really "baked" so you still process the whole calculations.
    - Currently enviro clouds shadow casting is not 100% accurate. It is a assumption of clouds shadowing your scene by using the directional light cookie with the generated weather map that handles the coverage. But this is something that will be worked on in future, by adding a full screen space clouds shadow effect.
    - The fog settings depends on your current active weather state. But you also can modify the intensity, and also start distance on a global scale. Then you could start with a higher start distance and slowly reduce it whenever you want in runtime.

41. Satsukeshi

Satsukeshi

Will we be seeing Enviro 2.1.3 this week? :p

Last edited: May 31, 2019
    Coltrain likes this.
  42. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I tried to release this week, but haven't found enough time to finish. But I am close now and upload it on weekend. So should be online on monday/tuesday asset store.

Coltrain, alexrau and Satsukeshi like this.
  43. UDN_449900de-7c34-4a67-83eb-fa8501bf0413

Hey again, i have tried to implante it to LiteNet and i have writtens scripts that should work but i cant make it work.
    My discord id is still: Skiller#6252

44. ResideSin

ResideSin

Imported Enviro - Sky and weather into clean project..
    and i get Exception.. when i use "Internal_Enviro_HD" Prefab. When i would enable it, i would get "fog" exception..

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroSky.PreInit () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:283)
    EnviroSky.OnEnable () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:160)
    UnityEditorInternal.InternalEditorUtility:HierarchyWindowDrag(HierarchyProperty, HierarchyDropMode, Transform, Boolean)

Cameras were enabled..https://puu.sh/DAGCo.jpg

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the included documentation in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder as the setup changed in 2.1, so instead of moving a prefab into your scene you have to add the new Enviro Sky Manager. For example through: Assets -> Create -> Enviro -> Enviro Sky Manager.

ResideSin likes this.
  46. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I have added you in discord.

47. gecko

gecko

Hey, is there any feasible way to offer an alternate projection for the night sky cubemap? We've been using this spectacular one -- https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/2d/textures-materials/milky-way-skybox-94001 -- but I realized it was incorrect in Enviro, since Enviro uses a different projection. This one is not only gorgeous but quite accurate for what a dark-sky night really looks like. (Much better than anything else I've found with the projection that Enviro uses.)

I don't know the names of the two projections, though I could research that if there was any chance you might be able to offer this alternative method.

thanks!

48. Sam512

Sam512

Hello, there!

I have... well, this might seem impossible, but can you stop shadows movement from 5 pm on until 6 AM because fps drops from 75 to 55 around that time? I don't even have any AI in the scene yet, I don't know how long performance can keep up. I tested The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt I noticed that the shadows stop moving around 6 PM till the sun down.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I have sent you a package that should do this in private conversation.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  50. gecko

gecko

Others (like me) might also be interested in this option, having the same problem :)