Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry currently there is no option for that. I will put this on my list and implement it in one of the next update. :)

2. koalabear39

koalabear39

how deep is the customization with this? can i change the cloud colors for each time of day (morning noon evening midnight) and also change the individual sky colors like the horizon and upper part of the sky seperately for each time of day or how does it work?

3. alexrau

alexrau

Reading the asset store entry and this forum threads, and it is unclear to me if the current version support Scriptable Render PipeLine (LightWeight Render PipeLine) or if that is a future release?

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, this is a bit different for each enviro version.

In "Lite Version" you can change the cloud color, horizon and sky color in gradients that will be evaluated based on sun altiitude.

In "Standard Version" you can change the clouds colors, but as the skybox and fog using atmospheric scattering you are currently limited to just a global tinting and can't really define the exact colors for horizon and sky. However I already modified shader for some customers to define a horizon color.

koalabear39 likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, enviro currently only supports the default pipeline. But SRP support will be added.

6. alexrau

alexrau

Cool. Any rough timeline? Going to grab tbe asset off store now and add reminder to checkout when updated

7. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

Hi, sorry if this has come up before but I couldn't find any info on it. I'm attempting to integrate Gaia, Aquas and Enviro, however when I add Enviro through the Gaia extensions area in the manager, all I get is a black screen. No errors, and no errors when pressing play, just a black screen. Anyone come across this before? Thanks in advance

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, maybe one month from now on.

Aubrey-Falconer likes this.
  9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry have no reports about such issue.

Could you please send me a few more information. Rendering API, Unity Version. Does the sample scene work if you add the "Standard" instance through the Enviro Sky Manager?

10. alexrau

alexrau

Awesome. Asset purchased and looking forward to it.

11. koalabear39

koalabear39

im sold on that. on discount the full enviro is just a tiny bit more expensive but comes with a ton more features so ill be getting that and ill see if i can do what i want with it, otherwise i can just easily switch to lite which comes with full version and use the full customization from what i understand?

12. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

Hey, I have a splitscreen game where I have one character (left) in a snowy outdoor setting and the other (right) in an indoor setting, both are in the same scene. I have been using Aura 2 point lights to light my interior on the right as well as enviro in the overall scene to provide lighting for the left player, and there are some light leaking problems, perhaps they are not compatible?

I was wondering if there is a way to create an interior zone but apply it to just one camera (player) and not to both?

image below shows the enviro direction light coming into an indoor area in a way that I dont want to happen. I dont want the camera on the right to receive any light from the enviro directional light if possible.

upload_2019-5-10_15-35-36.png

when I have that interior level in its own separate scene its nice and dark (see below, using realtime Aura2 lighting). Im a newbie so apologies if this is really obvious, or really obviously not possible. could do with some pointers!

upload_2019-5-10_15-36-46.png

13. Necka_

Necka_

Hello,

is there any news on some hotfix to make the jump from day to night smoother?
    Playing with the curves I can't see to make it look better even at 0.45 day/night switch

The sun going down makes the dir. intensity at around 0.5 and the moon then switch the intensity at 0.9 in a total different direction so the pop-up is quite visible

14. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

Just to simplify, is there a way to make the interior zone affect only one camera in the scene instead of both of them?

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, no sorry there is no way to use the interior zone for local multiplayer. Lighting, fog and so are all scene based.

I just created a simple "Interior" with Pro Builder. It a extruded cube to have walls with a small entry. After that I activated "Realtime GI" and generated the lighting data. I also had to set the shadow intensity to "1" to get dark interiors.

Here are my results:

This is when no sun shines into our interior:
    upload_2019-5-10_21-43-0.png

And here when sun shines in our interior:
    upload_2019-5-10_21-43-53.png
    You can tweak the indirect lighting here on "Enviro Directional Light". I used "0.5" here.

It should work fine as long as we don't have a really thick fog in our scene. But this will be improved in one of the next updates with the revamped fog system.

Hope that helped a bit, otherwise we also can jump in discord or skype.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, there is a new option in 2.1.2. "Lighting Change Speed". That one will fade the intensity. However for the directional change you have to wait a bit for the two directional light solution. I may finish that next week and can send you a update package.

17. Necka_

Necka_

I didn't see this option and I have apparently an up to date version from the store (didn't see an update since the first release of 2.1.2)

Where is it? or does it require a hotfix that you could send me?

thank you

18. Vondox

Vondox

It should be in your profile lighting settings:

upload_2019-5-10_23-27-40.png

19. Necka_

Necka_

I don't have this, either in Lite or Standard

upload_2019-5-11_5-0-21.png

20. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

Hey, really appreciate the response thank you, ill give that a try.

21. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

The other issue I am having is that lighting on the terrain behaves strangely, see image below. Its like the planes of the terrain become very angular (flat) instead of smooth. Any pointers?

upload_2019-5-11_12-5-56.png

22. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

So I've done some more investigation. I create my scene using Gaia and everything is fine. I add Aquas and the screen goes black. I got some help in the Aquas thread telling me to remove the Gaia post processing components related to water and everything worked fine. I add Enviro using Gaia manager and it all goes black again. The only way I can get the scene to return to normal is by disabling the Enviro Post Processing script that gets added to the main camera. It works, but I would have thought I would want that script active if I'm using Enviro and I can't find any other components that when disabled get rid of the black screen. I feel like this may be a Gaia issue as it's when I'm adding things using their manager that it breaks and I would expect Gaia should know to remove these scripts when integrating these third party assets so I'm going to post my findings in the Gaia thread too.

For what it's worth, I was using a 2015 MacBook Pro with bootcamp, Windows 10, Unity 2019.1.2, built in renderer in DX11 though I don't think any of that will be the problem.

If you want to replicate the issue, I used the standard tab in the Gaia manager, did step 0, 1 and 2, then built a random terrain with the Gaia session manager, then used option 3 to add the player, post fx, screenshotter, water and wind. Then I added Aquas using the GX tab, adding the underwater effects breaks it. Deleting the Gaia water and removing conflicting post processing components fixes it. Adding Enviro from the GX tab breaks it again, I also added Aquas integration while I was there. Removing the Enviro Post Processing script on the main camera fixes it again.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please disable the "Render To Camera Target" option in "Post Processing Layer". That option will break all image effects using "OnRenderImage". They really should disable that one from default and let users activate it if they want...

24. Vondox

Vondox

Okay sorry, I will send you an update package.

25. Vondox

Vondox

What terrain shader do you use? Maybe try and tweak the "Shadow Bias"/"Normal Bias" on the "Enviro Directional Light".

26. Kandy_Man

Kandy_Man

Ah great, I added Enviro Post Processing back to the main camera and disabled that option and everything looks great, thanks :D

27. alistairhgrant

alistairhgrant

Using the built in legacy specular material. Tried adjusting the Shadow Bias"/"Normal Bias but that was not affecting this, does not seem to be shadow related? just found a different angle to look at the problem and you can see it operates in 'bands' in distance from the camera.

upload_2019-5-11_16-39-35.png

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, I cannot reproduce these on my side. Can you maybe create a sample project only with your terrain and enviro configuration and send it to me? Otherwise we also can start a screenshare on monday to have a look into this together.

29. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

I try to create a script, that randoms everything when I click start, but at the moment I'm stuck at the weather presets. In the documentation it say: "EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(int weatherid)", but what are the IDs of the weather presets? I can't find them anywhere or where can I change them. I also tried "EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(2)", but nothing changed :-/

30. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

OK found the problem. I can only change the weather, when it is already loaded. Can't define the preset before.

Edit:

Can you add "EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPreset" so it also gives you the WeatherId?

I want to do this, but it doesn't work at the moment:

Code (CSharp):
    1. void OnSceneLoaded(Scene scene, LoadSceneMode mode)
    2.         {
    3.             do
    4.             {
    5.                 EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(RandomWeather);
    6.             } while (EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPreset(RandomWeather));
    7.         }
    Edit2:
    OK used this that you mentioned on a new script in my gamescene:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void Start()
    2.     {
    3.         StartCoroutine(SetThingsWithDelayAfterStart());
    4.     }
    6.     IEnumerator SetThingsWithDelayAfterStart()
    7.     {
    8.         yield return null;
    9.         EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(UnityEngine.Random.Range(0, 11));
    11.     }
    13.     // Update is called once per frame
    14.     void Update()
    15.     {
    17.     }
    Now it works perfect :)

Last edited: May 12, 2019
  31. Necka_

Necka_

A question, that might sound weird, but I'll try anyway:

I have two major scenes, one is exterior, where I'm using Enviro with all the light, weather and time of day features.
    The other scene is fully interior, it's in space, so the player can see the sun through the window but I don't want Enviro to control it and I don't need a night and day cycle. No enviro components there but I'm lacking the track of the time of the day.

Would there be any way to be able to continue tracking the time of the day moving forward? (I'd get it from last scene and start it from where it stopped)

32. Calum

Calum

Hello.

When I create FogVolume3 Uniform fog it creates it off centre from my terrain and I can't move it. It'll move up and down but not on the x/y axis. Also creating a Cloud volume doesn't seem to add anything.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attached Files:

• fog.jpg
      fog.jpg
      File size:
      225.2 KB
      Views:
  33. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you could use the "Don't Destroy on Load" option on Enviro Sky Manager. Then when you load your space scene call: EnviroSky.instance.Stop(true, false); When you are back on outdoor scene just call: EnviroSky.instance.Play();

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please try and deactivate the "moveWithPlayer" option. Thanks for your report. I will have a look into the fog volume clouds volume creation later.

Calum likes this.
  35. Calum

Calum

Hi thanks for looking in to it.

I'm not sure I'm doing this right either though (at least with the fog) as there's very little effect. Are there any tutorials for using Fog Volume in Enviro?

Thanks agian

36. Necka_

Necka_

That is really good to know
    Also that popped an interesting performance question now... Setting it to "Stop" with time plays gives me a performance boost between 100 and 150 fps. which is quite huge and I wasn't expecting that.

I'm using the Enviro Lite version as I don't need/use any features outside the time of the day, directional light rotation and weather. No clouds, no skybox (top-down view), no volumetric light or light shafts

The FPS boost here is with no weather running.

What could eat up that much FPS from Enviro?

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, directional light + realtime shadows most likely.

38. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hello
    can you help me
    i have a problem with the clouds.
    are black
    i just imported the new version
    i dont know what is the problem
    thanks

Attached Files:

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you have updated your profile already? Please also check your weather presets and increase the "Direct and Ambient Light Intensity" of clouds here.

claudius_I likes this.
  40. gecko

gecko

Hey, couple questions:

1) I've tweaked the Volume Lighting settings to match how it looked in 2.1.1, but there is too much of it at night. Is there a way to reduce it during nighttime?

2) The moon rotation is better in 2.1.2, but still not quite accurate -- it's often rotated a noticeable amount rom the proper way -- the lit side should always be exactly towards the sun:

moon wrong.PNG moon angle2.PNG

3) Sometimes there is a black disk against the night sky, I thought it was the new moon, but that doesn't make sense as that would be exactly where the sun is, so wouldn't appear here in the middle of the night. Any idea what that is?
    black disk.PNG

4) I get somewhat occasional spikes in the GPU profiler for RenderTexture.SetActive. I think they might be from Enviro. Would that be from Volume Lighting? (We only have Volume Clouds and Volume Lighting enabled in the list of features; other things like Distance Blur are disabled.) Our game world is very big, so maybe that's why it spikes? If so, any suggestions on how to reduce the spikes?

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

1.) You can set the volume lighting scattering intensity in "Edit Profile" -> "Volume Lighting" -> "Scattering Coef" curve. Lower the left half of the curve to decrease the intensity at night.

2.) Thanks, I will have a look into this. Need to find some way to rotate the uvs towards the sun here.

3.) Can you please tell me your date, location and time you see this.

4.) Please send me some profiler screenshots in skype. Do you profiled this in editor or standalone?

42. claudius_I

claudius_I

thanks
    for some one reason the curve was not defined

Attached Files:

43. gecko

gecko

Hey, we're trying to get our project running on a new computer, but getting a ton of errors from Enviro, all the same:

NullReferenceException
    EnviroCore.UpdateReflections () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/EnviroCore.cs:1242)
    EnviroSky.Update () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:683)

that seems to refer to GlobalReflections, and that child object is enabled under Enviro Standard instance, so we don't know what it means.... Any idea?

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sounds like that the reference in your Enviro Sky Instance -> "Component Setup" section is missing. Please check if everything is assigned there.

gecko likes this.
  45. Andrei_S

Andrei_S

Hello Vondox!
    We have both Standard and Lite versions available for the player to choose one. Is there any way to sync all weather data when changing from one version to the other at runtime?

I am copying wetness and snow values, and calling ChangeWeather with the current active weather of the current version. But I can't have clouds to be at the same point of coverage when switching from Lite to Standard. Example: LightRain started while on Lite version. The clouds appear and the sky is gray. If I switch to Standard, there are no clouds, they begin to form like it was ClearSky.

46. SuperPotatoCannon

SuperPotatoCannon

Hello Vondox,

I am having an issue after installing Pegasus and applying the integration script in enviro. Here is the error I am receiving:

Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/Pegasus Integration/TriggerControlEnviro.cs(51,17): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSkyMgr' does not contain a definition for `EnviroWeatherSettings' and no extension method `EnviroWeatherSettings' of type `EnviroSkyMgr' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Any thoughts on what I can do to make this work?

Thanks!

P.S. Enviro Rocks! :D

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! I will fix this in next update and I also can send you a hotfix if you start a private conversation. :)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry there currently is no function to track the progress of the current weather change and transfer it to other enviro version. But I will add this to my list for upcoming updates.

For your example case you also could use EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeatherInstant(id); That already should work better as it will change to new weather without transition.

Andrei_S likes this.
  49. Satsukeshi

Satsukeshi

Hi @Vondox! I have a short question for you. Do you happen to have an ETA on Aura 2 integration? Thanks for your time!

50. Manul_

Manul_

Hi, if I use post processing stack v2 and enviro 2.1.2 it is really buggy if enviro post processing is under post process layer on the camera. Just if anyone else is experiencing this bug.