Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

The distance blur Looks fantastic!

I upgraded to Unity 2019.1.0f1 (Release candidate).

Everything Looks great, Performance is good but I am missing my lightshafts though they are turned on.
    Is it because of Unity 2019, or the distance blur or Maybe something else?

Thanks

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I will have a look into 2019.1.0f1 tomorrow.

Waterlane and Firlefanz73 like this.
  3. NickTheDruid

NickTheDruid

I'm sure it's something simple I'm not doing right, but I get an artefact in the sky near the horizon - a line that is distinctly visible through the volume clouds (see attached image). It can't be seen when there are no clouds in the sky. I have tried tweaking just about everything obvious, to no avail. Any suggestions ? Horizon Artifact.png

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I will send you a fix now. Currently there is an issue with clouds position when you are far away from origin. This will be fixed in 2.1.1.

5. ibyte

ibyte

Using the mobile lite profile. How do I indicate to Enviro to use the galaxy cubemap vs the stars version?

6. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Could I have that fix, too, please? Maybe also with a fix for the Lightshafts if there is anything to fix there, too?

Thanks a lot :)

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look in EnviroSky -> Edit Profile -> Sky category. Set the galaxy cubemap as stars here and click on "Apply all Settings". Currently the lite skybox only support one cubemap. I will most likely add a define here to optional allow both cubemaps.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have sent you the hotfix. Unfortunaly I could not reproduce your issue in Unity 2019.1.0f1. Lets debug this in private conversation as it's most likely something small, or related to some settings.

9. docwes

docwes

I need this too. For some reason enviro doesnt offer regular setup with gaia anymore its only HW and LW and HW destroys my project i just need regular enviro.

10. docwes

docwes

@Vondox Is there a integration for Enviro with Aura2 and also would you know if using Enviro with Fog3 integration would basically replace the enviro clouds with the fog3 clouds i'm very interested to see if i can use Fog3 and Aura2 together or if they basically overright ech other

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have sent you the hotfix in private converstation. Also update 2.1.1 should be released in the next days too.

About Aura 2:
    I am already in contact with raphick from Aura 2, and we will work on an integration for our assets soon.

12. docwes

docwes

Amazing Thanks~~!

13. emeekums

emeekums

Hello, can I have the hotfix too please.

14. Sam512

Sam512

Hi, I got problem with VolumetricFog. When I intergrated with EnviroSky.. I got compile error. Now I cannot play my project anymore :-(

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you please send a screenshot of your console with the errors?

16. Sam512

Sam512

Now everything looks like that

Attached Files:

17. Vondox

Vondox

I have send you a private message to get you up running again.

18. BrandStone

BrandStone

I just imported the latest version of Enviro in the project (after deleting the old enviro folder) and I get some errors related to not using EnviroSky Manager.

I couldn’t find it in the menus anywhere so I looked for documentation online and the only resource I found was 1.81 version.

How should I open the EnviroSky Manager, is there a more up to date documentation available?

Thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you can find latest documentation in Enviro - Sky and Weather folder. To create the manager click on Assets -> Create -> Enviro -> Enviro Sky Manager. Please read the documentation for more details. I aslo will update the online one now.

20. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I am Walking into my desert and set the desert weather prefab I created:

EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;
    EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(WeatherDesert);

Shouldn't I see it here after that? It still says Clear Sky...
    upload_2019-4-18_15-22-53.png

Any ideas? Thanks :)

21. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you have assign this desert weather preset in one of your enviro zones in your scene? That step is needed. Oh and do you really want to no transtition in weather when entering your biome? You also could use EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather(WeatherDesert); to get a smooth transtition.

22. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks! If I add it to the weather presets can it then be called randomly? I only want to call it myself when enetering a biom with it's own weather...

23. Vondox

Vondox

Just add another envio zone somewhere for example. Or change the possibility to zero.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Sorry, but one more:

I added two weather presets to the Default Zone, both are copies of other weather Presets.

Both have all sesons turned off.

It works, I can turn These Presets active now!

But since then, I have a big Problem: whenever I start a new game, the weather preset "Clear Sky" is active just like it should. but I now have all Kinds of snow and rain active! So it is clear sky with snow and rain when starting...everytime now.

I have no error message in the console. Could you please help me with that?

Thanks again.

25. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

And in the drop down "Current weather" in the inspector it ways empty. After Setting this to Cleary Sky it stopped.
    Or after I turned on one of my weather Presets it also stops…

One other interesting fact is I only see one of my two Presets there:

Swamp-Foggy is missing:
    upload_2019-4-18_18-14-3.png

upload_2019-4-18_18-14-41.png

26. BrandStone

BrandStone

Thanks, I got it working but it looks strange and I see no particles (no rain or snow).

Clear Sky (sun looks strange):

upload_2019-4-18_19-50-47.png

Cloudy 1:

upload_2019-4-18_19-52-33.png

And this is always include shader:

upload_2019-4-18_19-54-47.png

Also tried disabling the Post Processing stack, got the same result.
    Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check if you have set an unique name for the Swamp-Foggy preset in name field.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try and use some tonemapping like ACES in your post processing profile.
    About missing weather effects: Do you hear the rain? If yes it most likely is related to that the effect is not following your camera correctly. Please check and assign your main camera as "Player" and "Player Camera" in Enviro Sky instance -> Player & Camera Setup.

29. Vondox

Vondox

You may already saw that update 2.1.1 was released. Unfortunaly the standard instance configuration has fog disabled by accident...

To activate this again just click on "Show" in Enviro Sky Manager and then on "Load from Profile". That's all, I will upload 2.1.1 again now. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

upload_2019-4-18_23-25-5.png upload_2019-4-18_23-25-50.png

Here are some screenshots upcoming Enviro 2.2.0 fly-through clouds support. I may will make some video or play demo later. Stay tuned! ;)

upload_2019-4-18_23-49-56.png
    upload_2019-4-19_0-13-43.png

Please note: These are still WIP!! ;)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  30. BrandStone

BrandStone

Really excited about this, it’s looking great!

31. BrandStone

BrandStone

I can hear the rain and my camera is assigned but I still cannot see the rain particles (or snow).

Here is a print screen (only fog and sound)
    upload_2019-4-19_7-22-57.png

And here is the player and camera setup:
    upload_2019-4-19_7-24-32.png

32. PatHightreeXVR

PatHightreeXVR

I've got a project with CCTV camera's and at the moment I can only have rain around the main player.
    What would be the most sensible way to implement rain in multiple locations on a (large) environment ?
    Resizing the rain particle system to include all camera's and their view cones would create enormous amounts of particles and overdraw. So I really don't want to go that way.

33. Poxican

Poxican

Hi Hendrik,

Since updating to 2.1.1, I've noticed that the Progress Tim setting seems to get reset back to Simulated in play mode. I set it to None in edit mode, Save To Profile, and then run in editor, and it instantly switches to Simulated, and then stays that way after leaving play mode.

Any idea what that might be?

Cheers!

PS. Really looking forward to the cloud fly-through stuff!!

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to assign your camera as player too.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, how do you assign your camera? Unfortunaly I could not reproduce that behaviour on my side yet. Do you maybe use some API like EnviroSky.instance.Play(); ?

Edit: Okay, I think I could reproduce it now by using the "Assign on Runtime". I will add a fix for this in 2.1.2 and upload it tomorrow. I also can provide you an hotfix for now.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have improved the "Additional Camera" component now to also support weather particle effects. It will now create a set of all needed particle effects and keep them in sync with the current weather.

I will send it to you in private conversation now.

37. SirOhlamon

SirOhlamon

Hello!

What is Interior Zone?
    I think it should change lighting settings when you enter trigger zone.
    But i think it doesnt work at all.

Also doesnt found any docs about this

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, first please make sure that the interior zone trigger object layer and the EnviroSky object layer(Ignore Raycast) can interactin in Unity Project Settings -> Physics -> Layer Collision Matrix. After that check your interior zone settings, you may need to raise the fading speed settings.

39. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

I restored a Collaborate version from a previous day, which was working fine (no changes to Enviro in the last days) but I got this error:

Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs(11,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `EnviroSeasons'

an another 7 errors for Enviroaudio, Envirosatellites, etc.

I checked my Assets folder and I can only find one Envirosky.cs. I have also found that those classes are already declared on Envirocore.cs. I have no idea what's wrong, as this was working fine. Any ideas?

Incidentally, what would be the right way to reinstall enviro without losing my currently configured enviro objects in my scenes?

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like that you overwritten EnviroSky.cs with an older version. I would try to re-import only the script folders.

upload_2019-4-19_20-51-4.png

It should show which scripts are changed and need update.

41. SirOhlamon

SirOhlamon

I fix collision matrix and it works! Thanks!
    One more question: where i can find "fading speed settings"?

42. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Thanks, it worked.

43. gecko

gecko

Is the moon lit-side fixed in 2.1.1? (release notes are about 2.1)

44. benthroop

benthroop

Hey @Vondox -

Love your tool. I have been evaluating everything in this space on the store over the past few weeks and what you've built really stands out. Thanks for all of your work!

This may already be reported but viewing from inside the height fog causes artifacting against the sky. Here is a screen:

upload_2019-4-19_16-17-55.png

This is in 2018.3.8f1 using deferred rendering. Happens in scene view and game camera. Seems like draw order of these two layers is getting confused?

I also have a second question. Is it possible to make the sun show through the volume clouds? I cannot find a method to get that effect.

Cheers

45. Vondox

Vondox

You find these directly in interior zone component for each of the modification.

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, first part of the fix is included, but there may be still a rare issue where the calculated uvs for the moon texture in skybox shader slightly rotate at some positions. But it already should work way better now. That why I decided to release 2.1.1 now and further work on complete fix for the next update..

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. The artifacts currently only should be visible in scene preview. Once you "play" your project it all works well. But I will have a look into this, why it only breaks in scene preview mode and add a fix to update 2.1.2 this weekend.

Do you mean "godrays" from clouds by "sun show through clouds"? This will be implemented in update 2.2 later with the revamped clouds and fog system.

48. Arrhenius

Arrhenius

Hi,

I have a problem with the ambient sound. I can listen the storm, rain, snow but I can't listen the day and night ambient sound. I can see all effects (clouds, progress time, volumen light, rain partilces, snow...) but I have a problem with these sounds. I have tested the scene demo and I have the same problem.

Can you help me?

Thank you.

49. BrandStone

BrandStone

I tried setting the camera as player too, still I get the same effect (no rain and snow effects).
    I have deleted the prefabs and added them again three times (using the Sky manager), nothing changed.

Things I noticed:
    • The lightning during storm works
    • Light / Heavy rain prefabs work when opened in isolation
    • The sample scene works correctly
    Any other hints of what I could check next?

Thank you

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, the ambient sounds are defined in each weather preset. Most presets don't have ambient sounds for winter season, so you may need want to raise the days to get to spring to hear them, or assign your own sounds here.

upload_2019-4-20_15-4-53.png