Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Aevien

Aevien

After some manipulations with post process stack everything is working well. But issue may happen to someone else. Here is my post process profile I use in my project. May be you find anything.

Attached Files:

2. gecko

gecko

hey, the moon is backwards in 2.1 (not sure about previously) -- the lit side should face the sun....
    moon backwards.PNG

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateHDInstance and EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance will activate a instance after you added those through the Enviro Sky Manager interface. Currently only used for the interface.
    EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLegacyRP will be used for SRP support later. So currently not needed.

I will have a look and improve the API section of the documentation later and add more functions that may be usefull.

Weendie-Games likes this.
  4. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report, I will a have a look into that :)

5. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

one Question please for the overwrite of weather when changing a biom in my game:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void SetWeather()
    2.     {
    3.         if (Globals.CurrentLandscape == LandscapeType.Cursed) {
    4.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;
    5.             EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite (WeatherCursed);
    6.         }
    7.         else if (Globals.CurrentLandscape == LandscapeType.Desert || Globals.CurrentLandscape == LandscapeType.Stonedesert) {
    8.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;
    9.             EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite (WeatherDesert);
    10.         }
    11.         else if (Globals.CurrentLandscape == LandscapeType.Ice)
    12.         {
    13.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;
    14.             EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(WeatherIce);
    15.         }
    16.         else if (Globals.CurrentLandscape == LandscapeType.Swamp)
    17.         {
    18.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;
    19.             EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(WeatherSwamp);
    20.         }
    21.         else {
    22.             // HOW DO I SET STANDARD WEATHER???
    23.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = true;
    24.         }
    25.     }
    I thought it would be enough to set EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = true;
    if going back to Standard biom without a weather overwritten. But then if I come from my Ice-Land still snow keeps falling…

So I would like to have in the else case above set weather back to Standard at one, and if there is something Special like snow, set it back to blue sky again or whatever is the Standard weather…

How can I force Standard weather in the else case if there is snow currently?
    if (EnviroSky.instance.GetActiveWeatherID == WeatherIce.GetInstanceID ???

if (EnviroSky.instance.currentWeather == WeatherIce ???

Thanks a lot and have a nice Weekend!

6. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I'll answer my Question myself :)

Code (CSharp):
    1.             if (EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPrefab == WeatherIce || EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPrefab == WeatherDesert
    2.                 || EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPrefab == WeatherCursed || EnviroSky.instance.Weather.currentActiveWeatherPrefab == WeatherSwamp)
    3.             {
    4.                 //Set to Clear Sky
    5.                 EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(0);
    6.             }
    7.             EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = true;

Tethys likes this.
  7. gecko

gecko

How do I get Enviro fog to work well with Lux Water? I tried Activating Lux Support in the Enviro Sky Manager, but that doesn't help, and I get this in the console:

Please setup dynamic weather for LUX!
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogError(Object)
    EnviroLUXIntegration:Start() (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/3rd Party Integrations/Lux Integration/EnviroLUXIntegration.cs:32)

I am not using the full Lux framework, so I guess that's why I get that error....but there is a way to make this work, right?

Lux water in enviro fog.PNG

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you have to activate this on LUX Water side. Please take a look into LuxWater_Setup.cginc deactivate the lines for standard fog and activate the Enviro Fog ones. That should be all. :)

9. gecko

gecko

ah, thanks!

10. Venil-Prasath

Venil-Prasath

Can I get a hotfix for this?......I was really opening my eyes for the 2.1.1 update....coz I cant use enviro....Fix it soon brother :(:)

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have send you the hotfix. Update 2.1.1 is a bit delayed as I am working on a fix about the moon issue reported by @gecko now. Got a bit more complex and I haven't found a lot of time this weekend.

12. gecko

gecko

We've just found an issue with 2.1 on Macs with Intel integrated graphics -- the sky is black, with a band of sky-color going across it. Pretty sure it didn't happen with 2.0.5. Happens with both Enviro Standard and Lite (haven't tried Mobile yet). Is this something we can fix on our side somehow?

Enviro sky band.png

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you use Metal or OpenGL?

14. gecko

gecko

Metal. (These Macs are 3-5 years old, but I thought they'd support Metal, but can't say for sure)

15. gecko

gecko

Correction to above: The Lite version works fine on these Macs with Intel,but Standard does not. I'm talking to Vondox about how to investigate it....

16. bran76765

bran76765

Hey @Vondox I updated to the newest version of your asset but noticed that it's performance isn't the best. Even in the sample scene with nothing but an enviro instance and the common checkmarks (volume lighting/clouds, sun shafts, and distance blue) the performance dipped as low as 40 FPS with nothing but grass and clear sky.

You know any fixes for this?

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to delete enviro folder and import again. Please send me a profiler screenshot if that won't help to get an idea whats going wrong here.

18. Stefan86

Stefan86

Hey @Vondox
    I use Enviro with Gaia and Aquas, but have a problem with Aquas interaction.
    the water shader does not react properly ..

19. Tethys

Tethys

Thanks for sharing, I may reuse some of this meself as we have biomes and were wondering the same thing. ;P

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  20. bran76765

bran76765

upload_2019-4-10_16-39-50.png

And I also have the log file for you to explore yourself
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hL3tjBJXWyEhfmNhLI5ffF9crXaud-02

Also this isn't the sample scene (that seems to have resolved itself idk how) but the fact that EnviroSkyRendering is taking almost 7ms itself in this scene to render is still a bit weird...

21. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Updated enviro, and now it always shows clear skies, no fog, no volumetric light etc despite my settings being right there in the inspector, I clicked apply changes and tried to change anything (weather, etc) but it doesn't react. Am I missing something?

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please try and change the clouds quality around. Even if it shows "Medium" it may uses settings for Ultra quality. EnviroSkyRendering does multiple effects: Volume Clouds, Volume Lighting, Fog and the new Distance Blur. With "Medium" clouds settings and Lod set to 0.5 I have around 4ms on my gpu for all these effects together with a cloudy sky. I am around 3.5ms when clouds lod is set to 1.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you have modified the AQUAS shader already to work with enviro fog? Do you use enviro 2.0.5 or 2.1.0?

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sounds like that something gone wrong on update. It is crucial that you delete old enviro folder before updating to 2.1.0 and also cleanup your scenes, as there are some big changes in asset structure and setup.

After that import new version and setup enviro like it is described in documentation that is included in enviro main folder.

25. DavidBVal

DavidBVal

Nevermind, I just had to reassign camera and player.

BTW, AQUAS still unaffected by distance fog, does that even work? it really makes a weird effect when everything becomes blurry with distance but rivers always look crisp.

26. Stefan86

Stefan86

I use enviro 2.1.0
    How can i modifire the Aquas Shader?

27. CapelaGames

CapelaGames

I have been trying to use Envrio with a split screen game. I searched this tread, and did some research on my own but I couldn't figure it out. I can't seem to be getting the post processing effects working across both cameras. I've added Component -> Envrio -> AdditionalCamera to my player prefab which gets spawned for both players. I also turned on assigned on runtime (with the correct tags on both players). Am I making a mistake or missing a step? Thanks. :)

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, here is the step by step guide for Enviro 2.1.0 with Aquas 1.5.4.

Attached Files:

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you have to add the "Additional Camera" component to your second player camera. One note this only will let you display enviro post effects on both camera at the same time. The weather particle effects will still follow only first player. So it should work quite well if your players won't be running around far from each other. Otherwise you would need to replicate weather particle effects for your second player in a custom script.

30. pierre92nicot

pierre92nicot

Hi, I am trying to use a custom skyboxe with enviro, but when the night shows up there is no stars.
    Is there a way to use the AllSky skyboxes with enviro ?
    Thanks.

31. CapelaGames

CapelaGames

Thank you so much, Sorry I misspoke, I attached it to the camera of the second player. But it's also on the camera of the first player too. Would that cause an issue?

For an example of what is missing the light-shafts only appear for one player.

32. Stefan86

Stefan86

there is still no change .. the water still jerks exactly like that

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, stars will be rendered in enviro skybox. So when using the "custom" skybox mode you have to manage night skies yourself right now. For example using a skybox shader that fades between a night and day skybox texture.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you don't need to use the "Additional Camera" component on your first player. Do you see clouds and fog on your second player? If that is working you may only need to add the EnviroPostProcessing component on your second camera and should get back the light shafts.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Oh sorry thought you mean the interaction of enviro fog on your water. Hard to tell why your water is shaking here. Do you have a really big world that is far away from scene origin and/or have a high camera clipping plane?

36. CapelaGames

CapelaGames

I decided to change it so I set everything up programmically. I can see the clouds as the second player, and I made sure that the additional camera script is only attached to the second camera.

I attached a screenshot below to show the difference between views. These are spawned from the exact same prefab (both with EnviroPostProcessing), and the brighter/bloomy camera is always the one I set as the main enviro camera, and the less bloomy one is always the one I set as the additional camera. (players are standing in the exact same position looking at the sun.)

The strong bloom effect seems to disappear when I disable EnviroSkyRendering.

I hope that helps identify it, Thank you so much for your help! :)

37. E_T_

E_T_

Hi. Is there a way of making the Enviro clouds cast shadows on the terrain?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I have send you a private message, so we could have a look into your issue together with a screen share.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look in "Edit Profile" -> "Clouds" category. There you can set the clouds shadow intensity.

40. Daneeh

Daneeh

Hi, I have the same issue. When is the update due? If it's still a couple of days away a hotfix will do for me as well. Thanks in advance!

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sent you the hotfix. Update is a little bit delayed as I got a few more small issue reports that I want to fix all in one.

Daneeh likes this.
  42. Daneeh

Daneeh

Thank you. No problem that the update takes a bit longer, I know it will be well worth it :D

43. gecko

gecko

One thing I've noticed with 2.1 is that in early morning (and maybe late afternoon, but not sure, haven't checked), the sky on the opposite side from the sun is still quite dark even when the sun is 10 degrees above the horizonc. What do I tweak to adjust that, make it brighter, more like daytime?

44. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I do not see much of the distant blur. Can I strengthen it somehow? A lot? :)

Thanks!

45. gecko

gecko

You can adjust it in each weather preset -- the effect can be quite strong (and nice!)

46. hodge47

hodge47

Has anyone had any issues with the scene view being dark when the project is first opened? It goes away if the Enviro Manager is turned off and also goes away after the first play. I'm using the Vegetation Studio Pro and CTS supports and all of the scene previews for Enviro. There are no logs in the console either. https://gyazo.com/8f08447319a33732a94df69a809912ea
    I might try to delete all references to Enviro and try to reimport if no one else has encountered this.

47. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Nope don't have the problem. Using the same assets as you...
    Did you activate the scene view? Did you activate the scene lightning and "Toggle Skybox, Fog and various other effects in the scene view?

48. polydynamix

polydynamix

I don't understand what's going on but it's installing and I can see it in my assets but it's incomplete and Gaia is telling me it's 'unable to find the enviro manager and to reimport the assets'. It's also giving me the 'we're using outdate API's so please backup' warning on import.

I can't find anyone else having this problem but I just bought this- it was a clean install.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please contact me in private message if re-install don't help so we can start debugging together.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. I have send you the gaia hotfix in private message.