Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, you currently can't see clouds from above as the fog will overwrite them. But I am working on a solution already.

Glitch12 likes this.
  2. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks! I will upload updated guides for all the third party shader modifications this weekend. :)

Poxican likes this.
  3. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have send you a mail with a hotfix.

4. AsgardGods

AsgardGods

Thanks

5. gecko

gecko

I'm trying to tweak the Wetness effect in MicroSplat textures, but when I have the Enviro sync enabled on the MS material, the terrain textures are always too glossy and shiny, while also being too dark -- see screenshot, that's with all the MS per texture settings adjusted for minimum wetness, but still the textures are very dark and very shiny.

If I toggle of that sync, then the MS wetness slider gives me good control over it. So Jason suggested I ask you about it: "Once you press the G, it becomes a global shader variable which can be set via the Shader.SetGlobalFloat("variableName", value);"

Is this tweakable in Enviro, or what can I do to reduce the shininess?

thanks!

ms_wetness.PNG

6. generalknow

generalknow

.. Yes playing with those settings improved head tracking and FPS. Thanks!!

7. Kusras

Kusras

Well I was thinking about that cloud shadows. You use cookies which does not fit shapes or position of the clouds anyway. How about to make a plane (or any shape on which is enviro projected) with just shadow caster material, eventually add shadow caster pass to the shader, which will behave as a cutoff material from the reference texture, you have to make to tell the current shader there is a cloud or not. you set high of the clouds, so I think it could work or not? Again if you point me if there is such texture and where in which shader I can find how you tell gpu on this u.v. or world space is a cloud. I could take a look and do some tests myself. it should not be so performance heavy to have one more quad as a shadowcaster :)

8. generalknow

generalknow

So got things working and looks very nice...... But ... I run into the same problem as I do with Aura2. The Shadows from the lights are not working inside SteamVR standalone build. Here are some shots of the differences.

Shadows working Inside Unity editor:
    Enviro Unity1.jpg

No Shadows on SteamVR standalone player:
    Enviro StandAlone.jpg

Same thing with Aura2 shadows:

Unity3d editor:
    Inside Unity.jpg
    SteamVR standalone player:
    Standalone player.jpg

9. rasto61

rasto61

What are your default quality settings for standalone builds?

10. generalknow

generalknow

VR_LOW settings in enviro

for SteamVR I have to use the settings that they require on there system.

11. rasto61

rasto61

These settings:
    Screenshot (287).png
    if you have different default for the build and that level has no shadows then you wont get any shadows.

Vondox likes this.
  12. generalknow

generalknow

You rock!! I disabled all settings except Very High and Ultra. Shadows are working in standalone now.

now i can retest and see if Aura2 is working as well thanks!!

Vondox likes this.
  13. Deleted User

Deleted User

Are the clouds generated procedurally? Or are the same clouds rendered over and over again?

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what "maxWetness" do you have set in enviro microsplat integration? I will give it a try tomorrow and have a detailed look.

gecko likes this.
  15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the cloud shadows are only a approximation of current clouds. You may also have to tweak the cookie size to get a more realistic result. I used light cookies as they are lightweight and support semi transparency. You also can use a plane with the weather map added and a shader for shadow casting, but it also will limit you to cutout shadows based on main light shadow intensity and also limits cloud shadows distance based on your scene shadow draw distance. But I can give you some pointers where to start tomorrow of course.

16. whydoisay

whydoisay

Hi @Vondox, I updated Enviro and am now getting the following error:

"Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Utility/EnviroStartInSeason.cs(16,80): error CS1061: Type `EnviroSeasonSettings' does not contain a definition for `SpringInDays' and no extension method `SpringInDays' of type `EnviroSeasonSettings' could be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?"

Any idea how I should fix this? Thanks.

17. buc

buc

Is there a way to trigger the fading to another zone/weather via script?

18. gecko

gecko

Ah, that was it! I adjusted that to 0.4, all looks good now.

Vondox likes this.
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please delete old enviro folder first and then import 2.1.0. But you can backup your profiles and weather presets and use them with 2.1.0 later.

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes you can do that of course. :)

Code (CSharp):
    1. //Switch Weather:
    2. EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ChangeWeather("Clear Sky");
    3. //There are more commands for weather changing. Please check the included documentation
    5. //Switch Zone:
    6. EnviroSkyMgr.instance.Weather.currentActiveZone = someZone;
    8. //"someZone" should be a reference to a EnviroZone component in your scene.

21. Mark-Tang

Mark-Tang

Hi,
    I have a problem with the Enviro Mobile Edition.
    darksky.jpg
    iOS version 10.3.3 (iPhone 6s Plus)
    Graphic API Metal
    Unity version 2017.3
    Xcode 10.1 and 10.2

error.jpg

I found this in the error log. I changed "normal" to "NORMAL" in EnviroMobileAtmosphere.shader in line 78. The error disappeared. But just after a second , the sky turned black again.

Any solution?

22. Mark-Tang

Mark-Tang

Well.. I found that was the fog cases the problem.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the mobile version from store is quite old. I will send you link with latest new lite version of enviro that I will upload to store in the next days together with update 2.1.1.

24. whydoisay

whydoisay

Okay, I did that, but now I am getting:

"NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroSkyRendering.ChangeResolution () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSkyRendering.cs:299)
    EnviroSkyRendering.OnEnable () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSkyRendering.cs:200)
    UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
    VRTK.VRTK_SDKSetup:OnLoaded(VRTK_SDKManager) (at Assets/VRTK/Source/Scripts/Utilities/SDK/VRTK_SDKSetup.cs:377)
    VRTK.<FinishSDKSetupLoading>c__Iterator0:MoveNext() (at Assets/VRTK/Source/Scripts/Utilities/SDK/VRTK_SDKManager.cs:950)
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)"

and

EnviroReflections.Update () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Utility/EnviroReflections.cs:31)"

EnviroSkyRendering.OnPreRender () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSkyRendering.cs:440)"

"NullReferenceException: buffer is null
    UnityEngine.Camera.RemoveCommandBuffer (CameraEvent evt, UnityEngine.Rendering.CommandBuffer buffer) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Camera.bindings.cs:179)
    EnviroSkyRendering.OnDisable () (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Enviro Standard/Scripts/EnviroSkyRendering.cs:253)"

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please setup enviro through the new Enviro Sky Manager. So clean up your scene from all Enviro objetcs and components and use (Assets -> Create -> Enviro -> Enviro Sky Manager).
    Please take a look into documentation that is included with the package for more information.

26. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I have a question about upgrading to 2.1 Will old weather presets (from 2.0) and enviro presets be working in 2.1? Also Was something changed in playmaker integration, or any API code names changed? To be aware before upgrading

27. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, clouds procedural generated in runtime.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, old weather presets and profiles can be used in 2.1. But as you need to delete enviro folder you have to backup them. Weather presets from 2.0.5 also may need some tweaking after update.
    Most of the API should still work. No changes to playmaker actions yet, but I will have a look into these in 2.1.1

29. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I hear rain but cannot see particles. And I only have the executable Right now, but I have posted a warning before..

30. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Here is the warning. What can I do about this? Anybody else has problems with the rain particles?

Thanks

31. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Oh I am using GDOC that is some occlusion Performance improvement. I will have the Question send to them, too...

32. buc

buc

Hello,

is it possible to integrate a combined ZoneManager as follows:

Background: I have only a hand fulf of different zones, but a lot of different places: irregular shaped forests, different houses and cities, and one big zone when flying over the terrain. In the forest I need a quite dense fog to add some depth to the scene, but outside of forest the fog needs to be less dense in order to not look like a "soup" and finally flying over the terrain needs another big zone.

So the idea is:
    1) A simple texture (black/white or even better Red Green Blue) describes different zones and has a slot for the corresponding weather.
    The player's position gets calculated to the corresponding pixel on the image and defines the correct zone.

2) A second value is the height. If the player is higher than x another zone gets activated, so you can see the terrain below and the fog is not too dense.

Please tell me what you think about it and if you can integrate this feature.

33. johnder

johnder

Hi i am having this issue with Gaia, not being able to find the envio sky manager, have tried reimporting and downloading it again to get same issue.
    Would appreciate any possible help!
    Thank you !

Attached Files:

34. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Just some posts before Hendrik mentioned that this is a known bug and it will be fixed with the new version.
    You can write him a PM to get the hotfix.

Cheers
    Ronny

Vondox likes this.
  35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have sent you the hotfix in private conversation. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I was not able to reproduce that warning on my side yet. Does weather effects show up correctly when not using your occlusion system? For example in enviro sample scene?

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I like the idea and thank you for your feature request. I will have a look into something like that, but it won't be in one of the next updates, as I also busy working on srp support for enviro.

38. gecko

gecko

Has anyone reported problems using Beautify, specifically Eye Adaptation, with Enviro. I finally figured out that that's what disables much of Enviro's lighting in builds (at least Mac builds). No errors, just very plain lighting. It's not critical for me to have Eye Adaptation, but would be nice if someone had any tips for me....

thanks

39. Vondox

Vondox

Unfortunaly I don't have Beautify here to test this myself.

Does lighting only look plain in builds or does it look the same as in editor?

40. gecko

gecko

looks great in the editor, but plain in builds. (Took awhile to figure out the cause. :/ )

41. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Yes there is a script to exclude gameobjects from being disabled by GDoc. Now it works perfect again, thanks!

Vondox likes this.
  42. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I own Beautify but did not build the project since the new Enviro Update. I can test it if you want but it would be a Windows Build...

43. gecko

gecko

Turns out this is a Mac-only issue. A Windows build (made on Mac) does not have this problem on Windows.

44. RakingTheLeaves

RakingTheLeaves

...same issue here. ETA on update? or is hotfix avail online?

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I sent you the hotfix in private conversation. 2.1.1 will be uploaded this weekend. :)

46. Aevien

Aevien

Hi! When Enviro found "Player" character in scene it disable some PostProcess 2 effects. Bloom and other. If someone has the same issue, please tell about it and how to solve it. Tested in Unity 2019.1.0b9 and 2019.1.0b10

47. bmeijer

bmeijer

Hi I was wondering if it's possible to sync the position and shape of the clouds over the network. I'm running multiple Unity instances and for the purpose of a multi-screen setup I need them to be synced very exact in time.
    Thank you!

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry haven't heard about such an issue yet. I will check out Unity 2019 beta later and test this on my side. Does it disable the whole effect stack or only some of the effects that inside this volume?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, haven't done this yet, but the clouds coverage position and shapes are all based on the weather map that get generated in runtime with the EnviroWeatherMap shader. So at the end you need to have the exact same weather maps on all your Unity instances.

50. Weendie-Games

Weendie-Games

Hi @Vondox, what is the difference between those options?

Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateHDInstance
    2. EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLegacyRP
    3. EnviroSkyMgr.instance.ActivateLWInstance
    Also, there's a more extensive API doc? Thank you