Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. gecko

gecko

We're getting significant spikes periodically from Enviro, specifically on GPU Profiler:

Update.ScriptRunBehaviorUpdate > BehaviorUpdate>EnviroSky.Update()>Graphics.Blit>RenderTexture.SetActive

Spikes to 100 to 200ms every 5-10 seconds. This is in a build from 2018.3.8, but also happens in the editor. We're still on 2.0.5, planning to upgrade to 2.10 but need to redo some integration so haven't gotten to it yet. Any ideas? Would 2.1 be likely to eliminate these?

2. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, hard to tell why it should spike on your project. Haven't seen these in my projects or heard from another user yet.

Do you use flat clouds? You maybe could try to reduce the resolution of these.

The other two blits are from cloud shadows and weather map. But all these will be updated each frame so it looks like there is something else going on each 5-10 seconds that will result in those high ms times. However I will contact you in skype after weekend and we can have a detailed look into that.

gecko likes this.
  3. Waterlane

Waterlane

Excellent - great work - Ty

4. mattis89

mattis89

EE740881-9128-446A-B1CB-D646D48424AB.jpeg 6E759806-D198-45C4-ADE7-60C0FD78935D.jpeg Hello! Anyone had issues with Sectr streaming and Enviro? Got errors and crash.. Sectr works fine without enviro..

5. gecko

gecko

Turns out this was actually from another plugin, not caused by Enviro.Sorry for the false alarm! And thanks for the help.

6. givitgames

givitgames

Good day I updated to the Enviro Sky asset and I have deleted the previous version of Enviro. When I try to import the Eviro Sky HD manager for Gaia I keep getting this error "Unable to find EnviroSky Manager prefab!" then it tells me to reimport which did and still got the same error. Even redownloaded it and still the same error. Is this a bug in Enviro?

7. Vondox

Vondox

Oh, thanks for your report!
    Yes, that is a bug and wil be fixed in 2.1.1 release planned this week. Sorry for the inconvenience, I also can send you a hotfix for now. :)

8. Sam512

Sam512

Problems with Unity terrain, there's too much light at daytime and not so dark at night time.. I can't seem to change directional light color nor it's saved when I change from color to skybox (perhaps, it's only compatible with Gaia or something) version 2018.3

9. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi,

using Unity 2018.3.9f1 and latest store Version of Enviro
    I got some warnings now from this Kind:

Code (CSharp):
    1. Particle system Storm HQ(Clone) has very small static bounds
    2. 0x0000000141418F28 (Unity) StackWalker::GetCurrentCallstack
    3. 0x000000014141F3D6 (Unity) StackWalker::ShowCallstack
    4. 0x0000000141302C2B (Unity) GetStacktrace
    5. 0x00000001401434DE (Unity) DebugStringToFile
    6. 0x000000014178B30D (Unity) DebugLogHandler_CUSTOM_Internal_Log
    7. 0x00000000454F7160 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper managed-to-native) UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log (UnityEngine.LogType,string,UnityEngine.Object)
    8. 0x00000000454F6DB3 (Mono JIT Code) [DebugLogHandler.cs:10] UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat (UnityEngine.LogType,UnityEngine.Object,string,object[])
    9. 0x000000007DE8E4D5 (Mono JIT Code) [Logger.cs:54] UnityEngine.Logger:Log (UnityEngine.LogType,object,UnityEngine.Object)
    10. 0x000000007DE8E235 (Mono JIT Code) [Debug.bindings.cs:152] UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning (object,UnityEngine.Object)
    11. 0x000000007DE8974B (Mono JIT Code) [GDOC_Processors.cs:310] Bearroll.GDOC:IncludeParticleSystem (UnityEngine.ParticleSystem,Bearroll.GDOC_Internal.GDOC_UpdateMode,Bearroll.GDOC_Occludee)
    12. 0x000000006CEE945B (Mono JIT Code) [GDOC_Processors.cs:135] Bearroll.GDOC:ProcessGameObject (UnityEngine.GameObject,bool)
    13. 0x0000000047001953 (Mono JIT Code) [GDOC_Scanning.cs:194] Bearroll.GDOC/<ScanScene>d__188:MoveNext ()
    14. 0x0000000045229098 (Mono JIT Code) [Coroutines.cs:17] UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext (System.Collections.IEnumerator,intptr)
    15. 0x0000000045229280 (Mono JIT Code) (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>:runtime_invoke_void_object_intptr (object,intptr,intptr,intptr)
    16. 0x00007FFD1B03BE6B (mono-2.0-bdwgc) [mini-runtime.c:2809] mono_jit_runtime_invoke
    Are These a Problem? Can I get rid of them?

10. gecko

gecko

I've upgraded to Enviro 2.1 in a project on 2018.2.14, on a Mac, and set it up, including adding the EnviroVolumeLight to Graphics: Always Include Shaders. Looks fantastic in the editor, but in a build, the lighting is different: overall less bright, and no volume light or sunshafts. No errors in the console from building. Any suggestions what to check for?

thx
    Dave

11. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Did you include the Shader "Enviro/VolumeLight" to the Project Settings / Graphics?
    I forgot that and had no lightshafts in Build first.

12. gecko

gecko

Yup, I added it.

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please make sure that you deactivate dyour other directional light. After that you can tweak lighting settings by click on your EnviroSky instance -> "Edit Profile" -> "Lighting" category. Here you have gradients and curves for sun and moon light intensity. You also can switch the ambient mode and set ambient intensity here.

14. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, haven't got this warning yet, but I will investigate. :)

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Dave, hard to tell why your builds does not look like your editor here on mac. Could you please try a development build and check if you see any errors in runtime?

16. gecko

gecko

Well, I restarted my Mac, and did a new build, and voila, it looks great. No idea why/how that fixed it, but at least it was an easy solution. Sorry for (another) false alarm.

17. unity_gNqA6dFMgIk8Rw

unity_gNqA6dFMgIk8Rw

Thank you for the great work on Enviro!

I noticed that in version 2.1.0 the asset file "Core/Profiles/PostEffect Profile" can not be loaded by unity. The error message is "Please fix any compile errors and assign a valid script." and the Script Property is shown as "Missing (Mono Script)".

I was wondering what this asset is for..

18. Sam512

Sam512

Hi!

There's problem with lights! It appear that it's caused by volume light, can you fix that?

19. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

You should be a little bit more specific, so the community can help you also... What is the exact problem for you?
    It's the big light popup that happens after the moon got little bit higher? If yes, Hendrik should be able to tell you why this is happening.
    If the light, the shafts and the blur are too strong for you, you should disable them by disabling "Moon Light Shafts" and "Distance Blur" in the Feature Controls. With this the light should not be so strong.

I see that you are using the Demo Scene with Moon Light Shafts and Volumetric Light enabled. The volumetric lightning popup after the moon got a little bit higher is also happening in my demo scene, so Hendrik should be able to clarify that, if thats your issue.
    I can think of that the Directional Light of the Moon is not enabled directly if the moon shows up the first time. Its actived when the sun completely disappeared which brings up the strong moon light popup effect. There was a discussion that only one directional light is used right now (so Sun or Moon). You can find it here:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-76#post-4348522

Cheers
    Ronny

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Sam512 likes this.
  20. Kusras

Kusras

Yep it is exactly what I also spotted. The reason is that sun is always primary light source so when it comes to shine higher than almost 0, dir light jumps to the sun instead of moon despite moon shines more.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2019
    Sam512 likes this.
  21. Kusras

Kusras

Hi Vondox,

Hopefully last question... When I change year lenght to 12 (because my game needs one day behave as month, to faster change seasons and so players do not have to wait 365 days to harvest plants again). And it seems like Moon works correctly at least looks so. Unfortunately sun behaves like it is first 12 days in 365 day-long year so changes among year progress is almost none and sun is low on horizon as it is always the deepest winter. Is it possible to somehow modify year modificator which affects suns positions over the year without making the sun roating 30x faster on sky? (guess if the curves are somehow baked it could happen)

22. Sam512

Sam512

Hi, folks!

If I make an open world game, do I need to render my world? Please, any tip!

23. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

What does the additional Enviro Post Processing script on the camera do?
    I am using a blur post effect, can I turn one of both off if they do the same?

Thanks!

24. gecko

gecko

Having a weird problem with long distance views -- the geometry at close to the Far Clip is much fainter than geometry slightly closer. See screenshot -- that distant mountain is continuous with the less foggy mountain in front of it. If I reduce the FarClip on the camera, then the view is clipped closer--but I still have this short section that's dimmer/foggier than what's just closer than it. Something to do with the skybox size? I can't figure it out....

skydome edge.PNG

thx
    Dave

25. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Interesting. For me it seems like a fog setting.
    Distance Blur is off? When does your fog start like settings for Distance Fog and Height Fog?
    About how many Meters / KM are we talking here when this happens? (Talking about your foggy mountain here)

Cheers
    Ronny

26. gecko

gecko

Distance blur is off. Fog starts at 500m, these distant mountains are 23000m away. (Yeah, I know, that's a long draw distance, but we're in a realworld location, can't move the mountains closer)

27. generalknow

generalknow

I am having Issues where none of the Enviro effects are working when I build for SteamVR. Does anyone else have this issue?

28. Glitch12

Glitch12

Hi, does anyone know why in game mode it changes from Source Skybox to Source Color

https://ibb.co/8zsg1xd

29. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Because the Source is handled in the Enviro Sky Script not in the Lightning Tab. It will always get overwritten by Enviro, when starting game mode.
    Go to your Enviro Options => Lightning Category and change the Ambient Mode to Skybox. If Enviro always changes it to Color you have set Ambient Mode as Flat for example.

Mother of god... 23kms. How do you render this without getting FPS problems. I suppose you are streaming with SECTR or other tools? Because without Streaming I can't thing of getting more than 5-10 FPS with fully vegetation weather etc.;) Are the Streaming tools compatible with Enviro?
    Since I worked only with max 8km terrains and without Streaming I don't know what could be causing this issue. Perhaps Enviro really is limited by an amount of far kms. But I can think of it because normally it should take the Camera Far Clipping Plane.
    I also wonder about your fog start distance of 500m. I don't see any fog in the scene until the last mountains. But well perhaps its the small screenshot, the weather etc.

Hope Hendrik can help here.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    Vondox and Glitch12 like this.
  30. Glitch12

Glitch12

Work thanks.

31. bugrahanakbulut

bugrahanakbulut

Hello.
    I have got a problem with the snow accumulation. I am using Windridge City environment from the Unity Asset Store and I have also set up Enviro and it works fine with the environment.
    But there is no snow accumulation on the environment (using Heavy Snow weather) whether I change snow accumulation speed to something like 0.1 and melting speed to 0.05.
    Player & Camera setup is also done. I am using Unity 2018.2.15f1 and Enviro Sky and Weather 2.0.3. I couldn't figure out what is wrong. Any idea what can be causing this?
    Thanks for any help in advance.
    Note: I have tried it with default Unity terrain and there is no snow accumulation on that one too.

32. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Hi,
    Enviro does not come with a snow shader for your meshes or terrains. For that you need Assets like UBER, CTS, RTP, Micro / Mega Splat etc...
    Enviro only handles the weather and the camera snow falling effect with some fog.
    If you want to draw snow on a terrain you need the terrain shaders above. If you want to draw snow also on meshes like houses etc. you need an asset for that.
    Or use "Global Snow" which handles both as camera effect without special shaders. But currently there is no "offical" support for it by Hendrik. (Hendrik it's about time ;))

On your Windrige city I also don't see any snow on the meshes. The fog is simple stronger which gives a "snow / Winter" effect.

So you need other assets to get your snow on everything like meshes and terrains.

Cheers
    Ronny

Vondox likes this.
  33. bugrahanakbulut

bugrahanakbulut

Ahh, okay. I get it now, thanks for a quick reply. Have a nice day.

34. gecko

gecko

We're streaming with World Streamer, but these distant terrains are lowpoly meshes. You'd think this ginormous far clip would hit performance, but there's very little impact -- if I reduce far clip to 2000m, there's barely any FPS improvement.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that one is for the older post effect stack v1. Ignore or delete. :)

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah it's related to the switch from sun to moon. Since 2.1.0 your also can tweak the timing. (time and Location Controls -> Day Night Switch). I also will have a look if I can come up with a more elegant solution.

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check if you have assigned the correct camera/eye in enviro.

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry not really sure if I understand your question correctly. Just make sure that you assign your main camera in enviro. (That one that also renders your world). You also can assign your camera as player in enviro.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to see on that small image. But as fog is based on depth it may could be related to the material of your lod terrain here. Please check the shader of your low poly terrain then. Maybe it does not write to depth buffers correctly and therefore does not match with the terrain.

40. generalknow

generalknow

Yes I have the camera eye setup. Everything works perfectly within the Unity 3d development tools.. when I build the standalone player is when it is broken.

41. Vondox

Vondox

Okay thanks for your report. I will check this out on my side later and contact you then. What Unity and enviro version do you use?

42. generalknow

generalknow

I am running 2018.3.8f1, Enviro 2.1.0 with the SteamVR 2.2.0 plugin. I am testing with Samsung Mixed Reality headset. I run into the same problem when using Aura2.

43. Kusras

Kusras

It seems like you skipped my feedback. it seems like a bug. When you set year length different to 365, it still "moves earth axis" as it year would take 365 days so when I set up 12 days long year it just behaves like first 12 days of January and jumps back to 1st january. is there any way how to set it up to work correctly? If it is a bug and too hard to fix, I can take a look and help you. But I believe it is just replace constant with days in year variable.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I haven't forgot you, just was working something out that could work for your project. I will start private conservation with what I got for now. :)

45. generalknow

generalknow

So I deleted and did a re-import of the SteamVR plugin on my project and the enviro effects are working on build now..

What I do notice after getting it working is mostly during a daytime cycle head tracking in VR gets very glitchy and a low frames per second around 30-35fps starts to happen. I also am running everything with a nvidia 1080ti 11gb GPU with i7-8700 3.7GHz CPU...

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what settings do you use in enviro? Especially for clouds. Keep those at reasonable values to get best performance. For example make sure that you set volume clouds lod to "1" and use one of the VR quality settings. I think I messed up the default VR settings a little bit and will improve those in 2.1.1 as it looks like that it is using ultra clouds quality values by default even when editor shows VR_Medium. Switch around the clouds quality to apply correct values and your performance should improve.

47. Glitch12

Glitch12

Hello can anyone tell me how can i move the clouds down.
    I have a platform I want to be above the clouds.

48. Poxican

Poxican

Hi Hendrik!

I've spent the afternoon updating Enviro and AQUAS, but I struggled a little to get AQUAS to properly reflect the Enviro fog because the PDF is slightly incorrect. So I'm posting this in the hopes that it may help someone else trying to get it working properly, and in the hope the PDF will be updated for the next update :)

For reference:
    I'm using Enviro version 2.1.0 and AQUAS version 1.5.3, in Unity 2018.3.0b10.
    I'm referring to the Enviro_Aquas_1_5.pdf in the project.
    I'm edited the 2SidedDoubleTextured.shader file.

From step 3 in the PDF, I couldn't find this line in the shader:
    #include "UnityStandardBRDF.cginc"

I did however find this line:
    #include "UnityCG.cginc"

So I pasted the line from the PDF below that instead as a guess, but also note as you mentioned in another post that the directory is incorrect in the PDF. So I believe it should be this:
    #include "Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroFogCore.cginc"

And then from step 4, note that the line as you have it in the PDF has some spaces in different places in so you can't easily CTRL-F for it.
    This is as it is in the PDF:
    fixed4 finalRGBA = fixed4(lerp(sceneColor.rgb, finalColor, lerp(_multiplier1, 0.2, _UnderwaterMode)), 1);
    And in the actual shader:
    fixed4 finalRGBA = fixed4(lerp(sceneColor.rgb, finalColor,lerp( _multiplier1, 0.2, _UnderwaterMode )),1);

Cheers!
    Nate

Dwight_Everhart likes this.
  49. Kusras

Kusras

Hi I have heavily modified aquas Lite. You need just to include #include "Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroFogCore.cginc". Which has some issues as well in my case so I pasted it aside to the folder of other enviro script which also includes this file and copy pasted its path to that include row and it works. well my color after unity 2017.4.12 changed and had to replace that last row as well with just this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.   float4 finalFogged = TransparentFog(float4(finalColor, 0), i.posWorld.rgb,i.projPos.xy / i.projPos.w,partZ );//i.projPos.z
    2.                 return fixed4(finalFogged.rgb,1);

50. AsgardGods

AsgardGods

Im using Gaia and attempted to Add Enviro but it says Can't find Envirosky Manager, but i imported again and still don't work says i still need to add/ can't find the Envirosky Manager. how to fix

Last edited: Mar 29, 2019