Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Sent you link in private message. :)

2. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thanks Hendrik :)

3. icefreedom

icefreedom

Hi. i have a strange problem with EnviroSky. Progress Time mode set to NONE
    Try to set Time and Location Control to seconds:59 Minutes:59 Hours:23
    look at the moon and then set time to
    seconds:0 Minutes:0 Hours:0

position of moon jumps over one hour.

i manage time like this:

EnviroSky.instance.SetInternalTimeOfDay(ENVIRO_cas_temp);
    if (ENVIRO_cas_temp > 24f) { ENVIRO_cas_temp -= 24f; }

and moon is jumping over sky around midnight :)

btw thank you for last reply about issues i had. It helped me.

Attached Files:

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sounds like that you don't raise the day here. That's why moon is "jumping" back.

5. Ruonan

Ruonan

Thanks Got it works!

upload_2019-2-25_17-56-49.png

Not sure if it is a bug. I have only 3 preset of weather but cannot delete None preset and after running Current Weather shows nothing and the weather config is wrong.

Is that a bug? How how should I delete weather presets.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you need to click on your empty entry to highlight and then click on the "-" button to delete. Do that for all your "None" entries.

upload_2019-2-25_13-14-6.png

7. HASSANHR

HASSANHR

i'm using Enviro Mobile, i would like to know if it's possible to use a constant weather ( Winter season , very cloudy , snowing , and a lot of fog) every time i start the scene the weather changes

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the mobile version in store is quite old and I worked on a complete rewrite last months. Please contact me in private message and I can send you latest lite/mobile version. You can define your starting weather there and disable any weather updates.

9. malkere

malkere

edit: finally fixed my dual camera fog problems! yay!

Is there somewhere we can read patch notes? The store only shows the latest. I'm still running on 2.0.2, would love to see a detailed list of what's changed since. Cheers.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  10. Ruonan

Ruonan

Ooops Thanks you~~

11. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will send you the changelog now. Btw. how you fixed you dual camera setup?

12. Vondox

Vondox

Changelog for upcoming major update 2.1.0!

Here is a quick wirtedown of changes for next version. I am pretty sure I forgot a few smaller things, will update if I remember again. :D

ATTENTION! Major Update, you NEED to delete old enviro folder before importing 2.1.0!
    But you can keep your settings if you backup your profiles and weatherpresets and let them auto update later.

General:
    • Complete restructuring of asset. Standard and Lite(Mobile) Version are now using same core code and can be used in same project.
    • Complete rewrite of Lite(Mobile) version.
    • Preperation for future SRP support upgrade.

Enviro Sky Manager:
    • A new component, the Enviro Sky Manager was added. You can add different preconfigured instaces of standard and lite version from here. You also can switch between those with one click/line of code.
    • EnviroSky Manager has a complete API that can be used with both versions. So when switching between lite/standard you don't have to worry about your custom scripts.
    • EnviroSky Manager also got a new interface to manage and add third party integrations. No more manual unpacking and adding.

Third Party Integrations:
    • Integrations can be activated and added over the new interface in Enviro Sky Manager now.
    • Rewrite of UBER, LUX, Relief Terrain Integration.
    • Added Vegetation Studio Pro Integration.
    • Added Mirror Networking Support Integration.
    • Updated GAIA Integration.
    • Fixes for Microsplat Integration.
    • LUX Water out of the box support in enviro fog shaders.
    Enviro Lite:
    • Old mobile version got deprecated and a new version was created based on the codebase of standard.
    • New lite version uses same profiles and weather presets like standard version and following same interface design.
    • New very lite skybox shader.
    • New particle base cloud system.
    • Fog image effect with advanced scattering or simple color modes.
    • Lightshafts added to lite version aswell.
    • Lite version works on GLES2.0 and up.
    • Lite version support all third party integration like standard and can be controlled with same API.
    Enviro Standard:
    • New additional particle based cloud system. Can be switched on for each weather preset. For example Storm weather to enhance details.
    • New temperature system with support for seasonal and time base temperature simulation. (I may add height base temperatures too in the next days). (WIP)
    • New optional distance blur effect. (WIP)
    • New scene view preview of all enviro effects, lighting and reflections. Can be toggled on and off for each effect individually.
    • New weather effects particle shader that support realtime lighting.
    • Improved volume clouds visuals with improved ambient lighting, detail sampling and distance rendering.
    • Improved season system to be realistic.
    • Improved night sky rendering with twinkling stars and a new rendering of moon. Instead of camera the rendering will be done completly in skybox now.
    • Improved global reflection with new update method.
    • Improved skybox and fog dithering.
    • Rewrite of lightshafts component to have both sun and moon in one component.
    • Exposed a few more options that may could be usefull for some projects.
    • Extensive internal code cleanups and improvements.
    • Fixed moon glow not in right spot sometimes.
    • Fixed some other smaller issues.

13. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Sounds good, thanks :)
    Can the optional distant blur effect also be used for landscape, animals etc or just for Enviro?
    I still think thunder and lightning would be great :D

14. Waterlane

Waterlane

Pleased to see support for VegStudio Pro - and all the other updates...

15. malkere

malkere

It was really just a small combination of things. For one, because Enviro changes the fog settings based on the current weather preset, script execution order became an issue. Basically I need to have fog end distance set for normal before the near camera draws, and then divide that number by 16 before the far camera draws (which has Enviro on it). So I let Enviro handle the far camera (changed it's code to divide the fog end distance by 16) and then I change the fog back using OnPreRender for the near camera. This also required post processing stack v2's option to exclude the skybox for the near camera or it would block the far camera, which seemed to work fine in the editor, but not in builds. After updating to the latest release it's now working.

Vondox likes this.
  16. Vondox

Vondox

Distance blur work for your whole scene not only enviro. Btw there already is thunder sfx, lightning flashes and strikes in enviro.

Firlefanz73 likes this.
  17. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

When can we get our hands on this good stuff!?

18. LoekvanKooten

LoekvanKooten

Christian (from AQUAS) and I just found a pretty important issue in Envirosky.

In Unity 2018.3.6f1, turn Fog on in the Lighting settings. Notice that fog works.
    Import Envirosky. Notice that fog is neatly taken over by Envirosky.
    Now delete all Envirosky assets from the scene. Notice that Unity's own fog no longer works, and will never ever work again in said project.

This behaviour is causing all kinds of issues, also in AQUAS, that entirely depends on Unity's own fog.

Envirosky's fog is displayed under AQUAS water in the Play mode of Unity itself, but will never show in the actual build.

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. That sounds very strange, enviro does not alter any unity builtin stuff. The EnviroSky script just sets the unity fog density and color. However I will try to reproduce that issue.

LoekvanKooten likes this.
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hi again, I tested this now and unfortunaly could not reproduce your issue. Unity fog (Forward shader based and deffered post effect based) is working together with enviro active or without enviro after I deleted all enviro related objects from scene like it should in my project.
    Please note that you need to use the Enviro AQUAS Integration component when using Enviro and AQUAS together. That one will set enviro to be controller of fog when over water and AQUAS the controller when underwater.

However, please send me a sample project where fog rendering is broken for debugging what's going wrong on your side.

LoekvanKooten likes this.
  21. Vondox

Vondox

Soon, I am waiting for some more feedback now and will prepare relase to store this weekend. So it should be live at beginning of march.

SickaGamer likes this.
  22. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Vondex I don't want to burn your fellow sellers...but if you had one choice to make, would you pick AQUAS or Lux?

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hehe, I like both assets. At this moment I would say LUX Water > AQUAS, BUT Christian just announced a new big update with a great set of new features and improvements. So get them both and check which one will fit your project better. :D

SickaGamer likes this.
  24. LoekvanKooten

LoekvanKooten

Hi Vondox, I prepared a project for you. It's 500 MB. What's the best way to send it to you? On my side, this is still perfectly reproduceable.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, maybe you could send it to my support mail with wetransfer.com please?

26. LoekvanKooten

LoekvanKooten

Could you please PM me your support mail? Thank you in advance!

27. nrodemund

nrodemund

@Vondox when will Enviro be 2019 compatible? Its completely broken... I was able to upgrade all my other assets but failed with yours for now. Thanks

28. Eva-Dragonflame

Eva-Dragonflame

Hi when will Enviro be compatible with the HD render pipeline please?

29. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what Unity 2019 version do you use? I just tried enviro 2.1.0 in latest Unity 2019 beta and it is working. So 2.1.0 will be compatible with latest Unity versions.

Do you have used the Unity API Updater? You also can start it through Assets -> Run API Updater.

Edit:
    For Enviro 2.0.5 you have to delete these three scripts:

EnviroUNetPlayer
    EnviroUNetServer
    NetworkFPSController

Unity 2019 dropped UNet so these one can't work anymore. After that I can use enviro 2.0.5 just fine.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2019
  30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry no ETA yet. I planned to further work on the upgrade for SRP after 2.1.0 is released.

31. Calum

Calum

Hi there, I just bought this asset. Beautiful work! I'm just wondering if there's a way to get the sky that's generated to reflect in water (like Water 4 that comes with Unity)?

Cheers

32. jessejarvis

jessejarvis

Has anybody tried making Enviro look good in a cartoony stylized (World of Warcraft) environment?

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sky with flat and cirrus clouds should reflect just fine in water assets. I am not a big fan of Unity Water4 as it does not play that nice with dynamic time of day lighting. There are plenty of very good water assets out that doing a better job here.

If also want reflections of raymarching clouds, you have to add a special component to your water reflection camera. As these are hided, it needs to be added in script. But I can help you to get that working of course. Please send me a private message then.

34. Calum

Calum

Hi there, thanks very much for the offer (and quick reply). I was just looking for a quick solution though as I have a self imposed deadline of tomorrow for my project. I've been working on it for far too long! :p

This asset has completely transformed what I had so far though so many thanks for making it! :D

35. LoekvanKooten

LoekvanKooten

Did anybody get Envirosky working with Aura 2 yet? I'm currently getting double the fog.

transat likes this.
  36. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you have deactivated the enviro volume light already?

37. Waterlane

Waterlane

'just starting to use Aura2 as well - 'hopefully that will work with Enviro 2.1 (fingers crossed). :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  38. wumn

wumn

Hello!Using unity2018.3, I opened the Sample Scene and ran normally in the editor.But when I run it again after build, lightshaft doesn't work.Please tell me how to solve this problem.

39. Clifftastic

Clifftastic

@Vondox
    Greetings! First of all, thank you for your awesome work and fantastic product. Will be happy to share my work with you in the future.

I was wondering if you have an ETA on when Enviro will have, if it ever will that is, support for the HDR pipeline?

Regards,
    Cliff

40. Clifftastic

Clifftastic

@Vondox My bad, saw that you answered this above.

Cheers!

41. Raul_MadGoat

Raul_MadGoat

Considering picking up aura2 for our project as well, and after seeing all the comments in here, what exactly is the issue with it and Enviro? Is it something that can be worked around or do we have to wait for an update?

Thanks
    Raul @ MadGoat Studio

42. Waterlane

Waterlane

@MadGoat - So far I've not yet tried the two together. As far as I know they will work ok. I'm aiming to use Aura2 with Enviro 2.1, so just hoping that there aren't any issues. Aura 2 uses it's own directional light, hoping that this can also be used for Enviro.

43. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

I'm working on a game that requires that I go in and out of buildings. The interior is a different scene than the one I use for the exterior scene. Is there a way maintain the time between scenes? If there is not an easy way to do this within Enviro, how would I approach this by writing a script?

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you need to add the Enviro/VolumeLight shader to the "Always Included Shader" list in your Unity project settings. Please check the included documentation for more information.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can do that with enviro. First enable in EnviroSky component "DontDestroy" ("Rendering Setup"). Now you could use the EnviroSky.instance.Stop(bool disableLight = false, bool stopTime = true); function to disable enviro effects but keep time going. For example: EnviroSky.instance.Stop(true,false);

When you are back in your exterior zone you just need to call:
    EnviroSky.instance.Play(EnviroTime.TimeProgressMode.Simulated);

Furthermore you also could use the InteriorZone component if you may want to change lighting or skybox. Please send me a private message if you assistance.

46. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any update?

47. Ruonan

Ruonan

@Vondox hey I saw you mention before you want to add physically correct cloud shadow. When do you plan to finish this feature?

48. SciDechse

SciDechse

Hello! First, let me say this is a really cool asset. The clouds and weather effects look amazing, and I like the high number of customization options.

I'm currently experimenting with adding satellites and I was wondering if there is a way to adjust their orbiting speed so that they rise and go down at different times throughout the year.
    Do you have any suggestions what I could try?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I got some valuable feedback and some issue reports I will work through in the next days. So estimated release should be next week.

mons00n likes this.
  50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry I can't give you an ETA for this one yet. There are few other features with higher priority at the moment. What is your usecase? The current cloud shadow implementation should be quite good for a lot of projects, and is very lightweight!

Mark_01 likes this.