Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. RealistikDash

RealistikDash

Hello there! I am having an issue with UFPS again. I can't see my weapons. I did try your previous advice to change the moon to its own layer but I noticed it changes back to the Weapon layer.

2. transat

transat

Hi. I'm getting this error although my Sun does seem to be set up...

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Exception] UnassignedReferenceException: The variable SunTransform of EnviroSky has not been assigned.
    2. You probably need to assign the SunTransform variable of the EnviroSky script in the inspector.
    3. Transform.set_localPosition()
    5. EnviroSky.CalculateSunPosition()    Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1926
    6. 1924:   GameTime.solarTime = Mathf.Clamp01(Remap (sunTheta, -1.5f, 0f, 1.5f, 1f));
    7. -->1926:   SunTransform.localPosition = OrbitalToLocal(sunTheta, sunPhi);
    8. 1927:   SunTransform.LookAt(DomeTransform.position);
    10. EnviroSky.UpdateSunAndMoonPosition()    Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1856
    11. 1854:   else
    12. 1855:   {
    13. -->1856:       CalculateSunPosition(d, ecl, true);
    14. 1857:   }
    16. EnviroSky.Update()    Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1513
    17. 1511:   {
    18. 1512:               UpdateTime();
    19. -->1513:               UpdateSunAndMoonPosition();
    20. 1514:               CalculateDirectLight();
    21. 1515:               UpdateAmbientLight();

3. castor76

castor76

@Vondox When I build the game (PC) my volumetric effect and light shaft doesn't show up. It works fine in the editor. Unity 2018.3f2 Windows DX 11 running on Geforce 1060

Not sure if this will help, but looking at the output_log I found :
    d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x2 mode 0 size 0) [0x80070057]

Any ideas? Seems weird when it all works fine in the editor but not in the build.

Also please fix any unnecessary warnings in the script for compile for Unity 2018.3 :D

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018
  4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the curves and gradient are evaluated based on sun altitude not time of day. Here is a quick drawing I made and hope it will help you. I am not talented in drawings. :D

(Yellow circle is the sun, time is the time value that will be evaluated on your curve/gradient.
    So from left to right -> 0 - 1)

Sun_Curve_Gradient.png

eaque likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, does your objects only shine bright when you look into sun? That could the related to light shafts. Please try to modify the sun lightshafts intensity or treshhold color gradient around time value of 0.5.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to tell from here. Could you please send me your profile and weather presets? Also do you use linear or gamma colorspace?

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you have to set the moon layer in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup". After that also check if UFPS weapon layer will be rendered by your weapon camera.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check EnviroSky -> "Component Setup". It should look like this:

upload_2018-12-27_19-12-41.png

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you have to add the Enviro/VolumeLight shader to the list of "Always Included Shaders" in Unity -> Graphic settings.

upload_2018-12-27_19-14-7.png

10. castor76

castor76

Great Thanks!

11. MojaveMoore

MojaveMoore

I'm real enjoying Enviro Sky but can't figure out how to change the size of the moon and sun to create the eclipse needed in my game and story line. I've tried changing the scale in the inspector but to no avail, any help would be greatly appreciated.

12. Gua

Gua

Is there a way to completely turn off lightshafts?

13. transat

transat

It does... except that I have the Sun's transform as as my "Direct light".

I had copied all the components from the Enviro Directional Light and copied them to the Sun, then deleted the Enviro Directional Light game object.
    Dragged a new EnviroSky prefab into my scene and deleted the old one and all is well now.
    Cheers.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2018
  14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry that would not work. We need to add eclipse feature directly in skybox shader to hide the sun disc and get an eclipse effect. It's on my list and will be added in one of the next updates.

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can disable those in "Feature Controls" section in EnviroSky component.

16. AtomicIsland

AtomicIsland

I finally tracked down the source of the problem. After messing with the settings some more, I remembered that I had changed the Skybox Mode to "Custom Skybox" in my project, to change the color of the sky. Returning the setting to Default brought back the Flat and Cirrus clouds. I also figured out that changing the "Weather Sky Mod" color gradient in the weather settings is the correct way to change the sky color.

Thanks for the help and the amazing asset! I'll leave a 5 star review on the Asset store :)

Vondox likes this.
  17. castor76

castor76

Can we possibly track down and eliminate GC created by EnviroLightShafts OnRenderImage ? It is creating 2kb GC every frame. Which is pretty a lot.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hm strange I can't reproduce this on my side. What Unity version do you use?

upload_2018-12-29_16-22-59.png

19. Nitrox32

Nitrox32

Hi, I'm getting moon shafts when I don't want them. The shafts only appear through the mountains when it is rising. When it clears the mountains everything is fine and the shafts are gone. The sun shafts are working fine. Sun Light Shafts are checked, Moon Light Shafts are not. Any thoughts? I'm using Map Magic, Aquas, Vegetation Studio, CTS and Unity 2018.3

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  20. Hitman772

Hitman772

Thank you for the speedy reply
    What where these features used for? im new with the Asset?

21. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!! Is there ANY way I can use baked light with enviro? Realtime is so expensive... I would have so good frames with baked

22. drcrck

drcrck

maybe it's volume lighting, it produces some shafts too

23. castor76

castor76

I am using Unity 2018.3.f2 Windows

24. castor76

castor76

You can. Just disable simulation of time of the day, and set the light to mixed mode, bake your scene just like you would normally do. I don't see why baked static time scene can't be done? What is the problem?

25. mattis89

mattis89

Simulation is the whole point of this asset.. And it need to be realtime or else the shadows wont update and lightning overall

26. castor76

castor76

Yes the asset is primarily made for realtime simulation. But there is nothing stopping you from using it as static baked mode. I am just saying it is possible to do static baked scene using the asset. Having said that, it is not the asset's problem of not being able to do a baked lighting simulation. It is mostly to do with Unity's implementation of the lighting. You want to use "baked" lightmap mode, and yet want to do "realtime" change of light... Well.. that's not going to work no matter what assets you are trying to use. For Unity's realtime lighting, you need to use Enlighten realtime GI. You can't expect any asset to over come this by using baked mixed mode lighting. ( and expect simulation of time of the day with GI )

27. mattis89

mattis89

Yeah I know that now...

28. dwaldrum

dwaldrum

Our project is using HDRP and I saw you were working on this, so we just bought your asset. Saw that you had a beta for HDRP support, could we grab a copy of that so we could start testing the asset? Thanks!

29. eaque

eaque

Hi,
    A little thing i didn't dig into, but when i set the moon layer, the moon disappears...I see the moon shaft but not the moon itself...What am i doing wrong?

30. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, I can send you a download link in the next days. But it still is in an early state. Please send me your invoice number in a private message.

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, where do you set the moon layer? You need to set these in "EnviroSky" -> "Rendering Setup".

32. bobbyrocks

bobbyrocks

Question about your asset. I use the Enviro that comes with atavism and I have noticed when I add it to atavism.. there is a huge drop in FPS and it literally keeps dropping frames until it gets down into the teens. It will start around 60 and just constantly drop.. The minute I remove Enviro, my FPS stays around 65-70.. what adjustment need to be done because I really want to use just the night and day effect. I am not super interested in all of the other stuff. well maybe the weather .. but the other stuff I could care less about. Could you help please. The atavism guys directed me to you

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that isn't the normal behaviour. Do you could check if you get any error or debug spam in your console please?

34. SickaGames1

SickaGames1

new Enviro?

35. DiscoFever

DiscoFever

Is this working with LWRP ?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, not yet. SRP support in in development right now.

37. Vondox

Vondox

No new enviro, but a major update is coming out soon with a lot of improvements and new stuff both for lite(mobile) and standard enviro versions. :)

mmaclaurin and SickaGames1 like this.
  38. gecko

gecko

I'm setting up Enviro's integration script with Lux Dynamic Weather, but I'm a little uncertain how it works. The Enviro script has variables for Raining Temperature and Snowing Temperature, but when I set Enviro weather to Heavy Snow, the temperature on Lux changes to what's set on the Raining Temperature, and I get wetness effects in the scene, rather than snow effects. Any tips on how this works? (I can ask Lars also, but figured I'd try you first since it's regarding the integration script.)

Thanks!

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, hm works correct for me. Currently it is using a workaround as enviro 2.0.5 does not simulate temperature. (But 2.1.0 will do that.) Could you please check the max snow and wetness intensity of your heavy snow preset?

Oh I also changed the rainfall code in 2.1.0 a little bit to set it to "0f" if we only have very little wetness or snow coverage in enviro.

40. gecko

gecko

On the Heavy Snow preset, Max Wetness is zero and Max Snow is 1. So that's correct, right?

If I change the Raining Temp on the integration component to -20, then it works, and snow appears....so that's still puzzling.

When will 2.1 be ready?

41. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

Right now Enviro is not compatible to NatureManufactor Tree Assets regarding Wind Effects.

Wind generation with Enviro will not work with following assets:

Meadow Environment
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/132195

Mountain Trees Dynamic Nature:
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/?stay#!/content/107004

I talked with Bart who recommended to write a recalculation script which will translate wind power into km/h for the assets. Did someone made this already when using Unity Standard Shader (No LDRP etc)?

This could be added to new Enviro version so Enviro Wind also works with NatureManufactor Assets.

Cheers
    Ronny

transat likes this.
  42. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Hi again @Vondox , hope the new year is treating you well.

I successfully managed (following your guides) to make Enviro Fog work with R.A.M and AQUAS. I however don't manage to apply the same shader code strategy for using Global Snow from Kronnect with Enviro Fog, I imagine amongst other things because the shader GlobalSnow/Snow isn't using StandardSpecular.

As a detail of some interest, the Fog does work with objects that are beyond the Detail Distance of the Quality section of the Global Snow config. I'm using Forward rendering.

Any chance you also have a manual for this case, or some tips? I'm a shader newb.

Thank you!

EDIT; SOLVED:

It turned out that I just had to move the Global Snow script in the Camera to be above the Enviro Sky Rendering script, so the Snow image effect happens earlier than Enviro Fog. That's it!

:D

If you arrived here through search and this doesn't solve it for you, it might be related to a different material and you might benefit from the answers in the documentation included in the Asset, under the title:

"Some objects that get clipped when Global Snow is enabled (forward rendering)"

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
    Vondox and RonnyDance like this.
  43. RonnyDance

RonnyDance

I am using Global Snow of Kronnect with Deferred Rendering and I don't see any issues so I assume it must be the Forward Rendering? But perhaps I did not look so closely.
    Anyway it's nice to see that you brought the Global Snow Asset of Kronnect up because right now there is not any Enviro support of it. Meaning that Enviro can't controll the Snow Amount, Snow Falling etc when it's winter season or Snowing as Weather Prefab.
    I talked with Hendrik and Kronnect about it and also about a general support of each other, so they should be working on it hopefully. Since Global Snow is the best Snow Effect for everything (Meshes AND Terrain) a support of it would be really awesome.

Cheers
    Ronny

nirvanajie, transat and XANTOMEN like this.
  44. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Thank you for your reply RonnyDance :)

Yes, I tested and with Deferred it definitely works, but I'm using Forward for plenty of other things and so I wish it'd work in Forward.

You are right, it'd be extra nice to have integration. Fortunately both Enviro and Global Snow are very clear and expose their variables very transparently, so it took me just a few minutes to get Global Snow to depend on Enviro in the way I wanted it to. It sounds like you have a handle on things but if that's not the case and you want me to point at the variables or something it'd be my pleasure.

Cheers!

45. DrInternet

DrInternet

Where can I find what those lines are?

46. Necka_

Necka_

Hi @Vondox
    I have a small issue, which is more just a warning than an issue, but I always try to not get a single warning in my builds

I explain the setup:

1 base scene with my player character, enviro and some managers script - That scene is never ever unloaded
    1 additive loaded scene with the actual level (so I always load a new scene and unload the previous one)

As stated Enviro is on the base scene, the issue is the second scene never have a skybox referenced and that triggers that warning

Is there any way to feed the skybox info on my other scenes when they're loaded?

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Ronny, thanks for your feature suggestion! I will add support for this in 2.1.0.

RonnyDance likes this.
  48. Vondox

Vondox

It will be a bit delayed as I wanted to add a few more smaller features for 2.1.0 that users suggested. But I try to get last beta version out in next week and after some testing online in asset store.

Does it work correctly if you just swap the temperature settings for now? With 2.1.0 we don't need this workaround anymore, so it only would be for now.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hello.

First you need to add the enviro include with the fog function:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #include "Assets/Enviro - Dynamic
    2. Enviroment/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroFogCore.cginc"
    Now for Unity surface shaders:

1. Add the "finalcolor:ApplyFog" pragma statement.

2. Add the "Apply Fog" function like:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. void ApplyFog(Input IN, SurfaceOutputStandardSpecular o, inout fixed4 color)
    2. {
    3. //Get ScreenPosition
    4. float3 uvscreen = IN.screenPos.xyz / IN.screenPos.w;
    5. // Calculate Linear Depth
    6. half linear01Depth = Linear01Depth(uvscreen.z);
    7. //get World Position
    8. float3 wPos = IN.worldPos.xyz;
    9. // Calculate Fog and apply volume lighting tex
    10. float4 fogClr = TransparentFog(color, wPos, uvscreen.xy, linear01Depth);
    11. #if _ALPHAPREMULTIPLY_ON
    12. fogClr.rgb *= o.Alpha;
    13. #endif
    14. #ifndef UNITY_PASS_FORWARDADD
    15. color.rgb = fogClr.rgb;
    16. #endif
    17. }
    3. You may also need to add "screenPos" and "worldPos" to your Input struct.

For Vert/Frag shaders:

1. Make sure that you calculate worldPosition, screenPosition and eyeDepth in your vertex shader.
    2. Add the "TransparentFog" function at the end of your fragment shader:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float4 output = TransparentFog(float4(finalColor),float3(worldPos),
    2. float2(screenPos),float(linearEyeDepth));
    I also will upload some guides for popular assets here. These may will help you modifiy other shaders aswell. If you stuck you also can contact me in private message with your shader and I will modify it for you. :)

Attached Files:

Mark_01 and DrInternet like this.
  50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try following workaround:

Add Enviro in your second scene so it does add the EnviroSkybox material, after that delete Enviro object and save your scene.