Search Unity

1. Unity 2019.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. transat

transat

But would Enviro automatically drive the Kronnect fog through World API or is further integration needed?

2. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, should work with WorldAPI, but never tested like mentioned. Please contact me in private message if you run into issues.

transat likes this.
  3. Quiznos323

Quiznos323

Is it possible to use Enviro for a space scene? In effect, "lower" the atmosphere to the horizon like you're above a planet looking down, and/or fade out the atmospheric effects entirely, so that a space skybox fills the entire sky sphere?
    I love the effects this asset adds to my game when in atmosphere, but I need the ability to fly from the ground into space. Thanks!

4. wilgieseler

wilgieseler

Hi, Enviro is great. I have a couple questions.

1. What is the difference between the different ambient modes? "Skylight" , "Trilight" and "Flat". I'd like to choose the best visual quality for a dynamic day/night cycle.

2. Also, I am encountering an issue where there is a very harsh transition between the sunlight and moonlight. At the time of year/latitude/longitude I am at the moon is visible in the sky during the day. The instant the sun sets the primary light seems to "flip" from the sun to the moon, meaning the lighting totally changes from one frame to the next. The skybox is correct but it seems like the lighting isn't gradually transitioning. Is it trying to improve performance by only having one light illuminated at a time? How can I fix this? It's quite jarring.

3. I am also having trouble getting the weather to slowly change from one preset to another. There are various "Transition speeds but adjusting them does not seem to have a clear effect.

4. Is there a way to have multiple moons (that also have phases?) or to adjust the rhythm and distance of the moon to make a believable alien planet?

5. Is there a way to affect the wind direction of the clouds so that I can match it to my other wind effects?

6. My game has a very large world and I need to use a "floating origin" technique to periodically recenter the game world to avoid floating-point precision issues at far distances from the origin. Do you have any advice on how to make this work with Enviro? I haven't tested it yet but I am worried that the sky will "snap" weirdly when I recenter the game world back to the origin.

Thanks!

EDIT: Added some more questions.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  5. CaptainMurphy

CaptainMurphy

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-39#post-3386165

Vondox likes this.
  6. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry that isn't supported out of the box, so I don't think Enviro is the right product for your project. :(

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello :)

1.) "Skylight" is the most accurate ambient mode, but also the most expensive one. So choose that if you looking for best visual quality.

2.) Yes, the directional light will switch to moon when sun goes down. This is for performance reasons, as two directional lights can get quite heavy in complex scenes. You can try to adjust the direct light curves for better transitions, or modify the system to use two directional lights if you don't mind the performance hit. Tell me if you need help with that.

3.) You need to set lower transition settings for slower transition here. But these will be improved in 2.1.0 as it currently can start rain before clouds are show up

4.) Please check the "Satellites" category. You can add other orbiting objects here. Use the EnviroMoon shader for your materials if you need phases.

5.) By default enviro clouds will use the direction of the Enviro WindZone that is included in prefab. Changes to the rotation of that windzone transform will also change the direction of clouds movement.

6.) Was alread answered by CaptainMurphy. :)

8. alsomitra

alsomitra

Hi,
    Please support Enviro - Mobile Edition, it is strange as the attached image スクリーンショット 2018-12-12 16.10.21.png

9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I have send you a download link and instructions for latest enviro lite version.

10. lorddanger

lorddanger

Latest from assets Store 2.0.5

11. gecko

gecko

Is there a way to increase the Cloud Shadow Cookie size? I've got some expansive views and can see the tiling edges at max size. Would we just edit that hardcoded value in a script?

12. dmontesdeocaSMK

dmontesdeocaSMK

Hi!

We are facing a little problem. We have a 3 cameras setup, using the Aditional Camera component. But we can't manage to see the volumetric light on all of them. What are we doing wrong?

Thanks!

Attached Files:

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry I am not sure what issue you got here. Please try to re-import enviro and setup like shown in documentation that is included with the package. So add the EnviroSky prefab in your scene and assign your camera. The settings can be controlled directly in EnviroSky object in your scene then.

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! Please open the AdditionalCamera component and search for this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1.  skyRender.dirVolumeLighting = EnviroSky.instance.volumeLightSettings.dirVolumeLighting;
    and add this line in there:

Code (CSharp):
    1. skyRender.Resolution = EnviroSky.instance.volumeLightSettings.Resolution;
    I will fix this in 2.1.0 of course. :)

srodriguez likes this.
  15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can change the range in EnviroProfile file. Please search for this line and tweak the range:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     [Tooltip("Size of the shadow cookie.")]
    2.     [Range(1000, 10000)]
    3.     public int shadowCookieSize = 10000;

gecko likes this.
  16. dmontesdeocaSMK

dmontesdeocaSMK

Thank you very much! Now it looks awesome!!

Attached Files:

Vondox likes this.
  17. BrandStone

BrandStone

Hi, is it possible for me to beta test it too? This would be a perfect time for me as i’m migrating to HDRP.

18. alsomitra

alsomitra

The weather seems to have no problem.
    However, another error has occurred. The scene view becomes black.
    Also, the following error appears on the console.
    I can not continue working. Is there a problem with versions that are not mobile? Would you please help me keep working?

MissingReferenceException: The object of type 'Material' has been destroyed but you are still trying to access it.
    Your script should either check if it is null or you should not destroy the object.
    UnityEngine.Material.SetColorImpl (Int32 name, Color value)
    UnityEngine.Material.SetVector (System.String name, Vector4 value) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/unity/build/Runtime/Export/Shader.cs:529)
    EnviroPostProcessing.RenderLightShaft (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination, UnityEngine.Material mat, UnityEngine.Material clearMat, UnityEngine.Transform lightSource, Color treshold, Color clr) (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Effects/EnviroPostProcessing.cs:167)
    EnviroPostProcessing.OnRenderImage (UnityEngine.RenderTexture source, UnityEngine.RenderTexture destination) (at Assets/Enviro - Sky and Weather/Core/Scripts/Effects/EnviroPostProcessing.cs:105)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I have send you a private message as this is for beta version of enviro. :)

20. Vondox

Vondox

Yes, I will send you download link this weekend.

21. doozler

doozler

so I suddenly have this harassing me non stop:

Unexpected top level layout group! Missing GUILayout.EndScrollView/EndVertical/EndHorizontal?

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroSky.GetActiveWeatherID () (at Assets/Terrain/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:2836)
    EnviroSkyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Terrain/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyEditor.cs:791)
    UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, System.Int32 editorIndex, System.Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1375)

I didn't really do anything I can think of but I can't get rid of it....tried what was mentioned in post #1668 but it did not work...

22. wz29159011

wz29159011

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like something messed up in prefab here. Please try to reimport the EnviroSky prefab from package (Only assign the EnviroSky prefab in import screeen) and replace the EnviroSky object in your scene with the freshly imported one.

24. Vondox

Vondox

25. Harekelas

Harekelas

upload_2018-12-18_14-52-45.png
    Get this bizzare issue only in build with enviro sky. They all function correctly in editor.
    And can get dx11 errors that crashes the game from time to time. Any ideas?

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry to hear! Haven't seen that yet, is it possible for you to send me a sample project where that issue will occure after build? Also please check the log from your build. Anything unusal there?

https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/LogFiles.html

27. Skyunarankage

Skyunarankage

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, could you please send me some screenshots of the artifacts you see? I will contact the developer of that asset in meantime, as I don't have that asset for some debugging.

29. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Harekelas likes this.
  30. Harekelas

Harekelas

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  31. Hitman772

Hitman772

Hi i recently update to version unity Beta 2019.1.0a12 while installing Enviro im currently receiving console error codes listed below, if anything else is required please let me know, any assistance would be appreciated :)
    upload_2018-12-20_0-4-37.png

32. Zoraph

Zoraph

Hi I have a group of question about your framework to see if it will work for my game. It is an open world using Gaia, CTS, Aqua, vegetation studio pro, gena 2, sectr and three cam modes using cinemachine and I am using 4k photogrammetry textures from quixel.

1) Can I make an eclipse and control the time it last
    2) Can I make the time of day stop at one point during the night to force a long period of darkness and restart it later.
    3) Can I control the time it takes for a day and a night independently and change it if I need to at run time
    4) When I use fast travel in my game, the time has to fast travel as well. Can this and also weather effect be warp in the future (so to speak)
    5) I saw in a demo that you can set biomes or regions that controls vegatation and grass growth. Is it compatible with vegetation studio pro?
    6)I also saw you could do this with weather but I didn,t see if there was a way to control weather either by game events or using random conditions. How much contro, do you have over the weather?
    7) Can I add more than one moon in the sky and can they be of different size like one far away and one relatively big near the planet that move at different speed making it visible also during the day?
    8) Since I am using sectr for an open world of 20k by 20k, is Enviro heavy (FPS) and will it work well across a terrain of that size
    9) Do you have a typhoon or a violent thunder storm in your weather effects?

33. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

I found level streaming works, foreach level I use a player/camera scene and then then load the map level into the player/camera scene, seems to help. most of my textures were in my weapons.

34. Harekelas

Harekelas

My project is an open world survival game so there's only a few scenes, and the whole world is generated in runtime in one scene.
    So I just packed all needed textures, materials, models into shared bundle and load them on the start of the game. Seems asset bundles does not require a lot of memory even if they contains several giga resources.

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  35. adamz

adamz

@Vondox

Hi, does this work with High-Definition Render Pipeline?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, this unity version dropped UNet so you need to delete a few enviro scripts:

EnviroUNetPlayer.cs
    EnviroUNetServer.cs
    NetworkFPSController.cs

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello :)

1.) Sorry no eclipse right now. Maybe in future but not in 2.1.0.
    2.) Yes, of course!
    3.) Yes you can define day and night length, also in runtime.
    4.) So you want to instantly change time to some hours later in future? Yes that is possible, it
    also may will change the weather, but it won't simulate the time "in between". So if there is a weather change it will start changing weather after your time travel. But I think we can find a solution for that.
    5.) Vegetation Studio Pro Integration will be added in 2.1.0. Currently zones/biomes are only for weather.
    6.) You can change weather of a zone by command, but it also will change weather automaticly based on season probability and weather type list of that zone. How often the zone tries to change weather can be defined in either real or gametime.
    7.) Yes you can add additional satellites to sky. I am not sure if the movement controls are improved enough for your case, but you could write your own to control orbit of your second moon.
    8.) Size of scene won't effect enviro performance. In general you got plenty of options to tweak performance and could use these in a end-user graphics menu.
    9.) No typhoon but a thunder storm with lightning flashes, strikes and thunder. Visuals of thunder clouds also will improve in 2.1.0. ;)

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, enviro SRP support is in alpha testing at the moment. Asset store version of enviro only supports standard render pipeline.

39. TehReason

TehReason

is there a chance to get early access to the SRP version? :)

Is your volumetric lighting solution compatible with the new volumetric fog of the hdrp ?

40. Zoraph

Zoraph

Sold! ;)

Is it possible to artificially create an eclipse? That is quite an important event in my game...

41. XANTOMEN

XANTOMEN

Just a note for other people that might use the search functionality to solve the same problem as I had:

I was following the latest guide to integrate Enviro Fog with R.A.M (River Auto Material) that @Vondox posted in this same thread a while ago, and after following it step by step, it didn't work.

As I didn't know what else to do, I attempted something silly, which is, even if I am using Unity 2018.2.10f1, I did what the .pdf instructs to do for Unity 5.6 and 2017.

That is, instead of "finalprepass:ApplyFog" , I wrote "finalcolor:ApplyFog".

And just like that, it started working.

@Vondox, might it be worth to try to repro and if so modify the .pdf, or at least add it as a possible fix?

Thank you for the instructions, by the way, saved my life :)

42. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

hi brother , I have a question : is there anyway I can pause/mute/disable sounds with a trigger or event ? my player can swim and when he goes underwater and want to stop atmosphere sounds just to give it more realism

43. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

i'm using Aquas water if that can make it easier

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, currently working on next test version and I will send you link for download later after xmas.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you get all the source code to modify the shaders and system as you need it for your project. But I don't think that it will be a quick thing, I have it on my list and will add an eclipse feature in next year.

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report, I will update the guide after xmas. It is a bit strange as it worked in one of my projects, but you are right the guide needs an update here. :)

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please add the EnviroAQUASIntegration component to your water object and assign it's water plane. This component will mute ambient and weather sounds for you when you go underwater.

hassonhamo3 likes this.
  48. hassonhamo3

hassonhamo3

thanks for your quick reply , I can't find the script anywhere , sorry for not mentioning that i'm using Enviro mobile edition

49. eaque

eaque

HI,

I'm back to Enviro and i think quite hard to change color gradient (no matter wich feature) because we don't precisely see what time we are changing...I Hope i'm clear??:p

Same thing for curves...I checked the manual and don't see any reference of time for curves and color gradient...

Could you provide us even a picture to have and idea?
    Thanks

50. VictorKs

VictorKs

Hi my terrain and gameobjects look really bright when sun is low and camera looking towards the sun. I realize that this is expected behaviour but is there any way to reduce that effect??