Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Nominations have been announced for this years Unity Awards. Celebrate the wonderful projects made by your peers this year and get voting! Vote here!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, thanks for your feedback. I unfortunaly don't have a WMR HMD here to test this myself only a Rift. Do you got some time for a skype chat? If yes, please send me your skype username in a private conservation and I will contact you.

2. dawidmvr2

dawidmvr2

OK

3. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

Ok so i just added the simple Water for Enviro, and the water is fine

Progress Mode = "None" make a square to appear when you change the time

Removing Gaia reflexion probe = no more reflexion update bug

i also made a screenshot of gaia probe bug
    https://ibb.co/HnvHwyy

Thank

4. shadowlord1

shadowlord1

Hello everyone! I'm sorry if my question have already being answered in some other place...
    Is this Desktop package compatible with DX10 GPUs? Do you have some PC demo so I can test it?

Thank you!

5. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

I just made a demo, you can download it here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AkxoqYb10mtudK2jhQmn71jEmRU

Vondox likes this.
  6. shadowlord1

shadowlord1

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, should work, but volumetric lighting most likely will be deactivated. You may also need to tweak settings for volume clouds as a dx10 card are quite old and maybe to slow for raymarching. But you could use flat clouds or set volume clouds to low quality.

8. shadowlord1

shadowlord1

Thank you!
    Could I tweak these settings in realtime? Let's say I build a settings screen for the game and the user will need to change some stuff in order to get it running smoother...

9. Vondox

Vondox

Of course! ;)

10. DrInternet

DrInternet

Hello,

I have a problem with Enviro. Which is that moon is not in the center of its glow.

SS taken in demo scene.

11. felxaga

felxaga

Hey folks. I'm working SRP with the HDRP initial setting. I get SRP is relatively new and I shouldn't have expected full support for it yet, but can I ask if there are any plans to update this to support SRP projects?

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, this is a known small issue and I planned to fix this in next update.

DrInternet likes this.
  13. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, enviro support for SRP is currently in alpha state and beeing worked on. I hope to release this end of 2018 maybe beginning 2019.

14. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi Sir, Do you have a modified UI shader I can use? or maybe its not possible, this is for world space ui and fog :D

Thanks Jim
    Code (CSharp):
    1. [IMG]http://i65.tinypic.com/34fmo92.png[/IMG]

http://tinypic.com/r/34fmo92/9

15. Vondox

Vondox

What unity version do you use? I should be able to create a modified one.

16. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

2018.2 Awesome thank you :D

17. Vondox

Vondox

Just download, import and assign the "UI Enviro" material in your world space ui elements. :)

upload_2018-12-1_20-59-35.png

Attached Files:

mmaclaurin and llJIMBOBll like this.
  18. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Damm! Amazing Sir! Thank you soooo much! :D

19. felxaga

felxaga

Awesome, would it be possible to beta test it?

20. Vondox

Vondox

Yes, I will send you a download link tomorrow.

21. felxaga

felxaga

Fantastic, thank you!

22. luniac

luniac

is it possible for sun intensity to lower based on cloud cover?
    is it possible for shadows to slowly disappear based on cloud cover?
    is it possible for particle effects like rain and snow to not follow the player's motion, it just looks weird and unnatural.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello :)

1.) You can modify the light color based on each weather preset. So you can have a more diffuse darker lighting in overcast weather.
    2.) Shadow intensity control based on weather presets will be added in 2.1.0.
    3.) Sure, and most enviro particle effects already should be simulated in world space. You are completly free to tweak or swap out the particle effects with your own in enviro as they are standard unity particle systems.

luniac and Firlefanz73 like this.
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Number 2 sounds interesting :)

25. Quiznos323

Quiznos323

Hello all,

Is it possible to render objects behind the clouds, but in front of the rest of the skybox? I have a camera that is rendering objects on another layer to simulate very far away celestial objects (like planets), and I I have gotten a solution to work, but it makes the clouds look a bit funny. I have Enviro set to use my main camera, which is set to depth 0 and clear flags depth only. My skyobjects camera is set to depth -1 and clear flags skybox. When I set main camera to use clear flags skybox, the clouds look normal, but I lose the background sky objects. I'm also not wanting to use the satellite feature so that I can have more control of my sky. Any thoughts? I can post some pictures when I get home from work.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,
    you still would need to use the texture slot from skybox material for that. But you could do this without using the satellites feature with following script for example:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. [RequireComponent(typeof(Camera))]
    6. public class EnviroRenderBehindClouds : MonoBehaviour {
    8.     private Camera myCam;
    9.     private RenderTexture rTex;
    11.     void Start ()
    12.     {
    13.         myCam = GetComponent<Camera>();
    15.         RenderTextureFormat format = myCam.allowHDR ? RenderTextureFormat.DefaultHDR : RenderTextureFormat.Default;
    16.         rTex = new RenderTexture(myCam.pixelWidth, myCam.pixelHeight, 0, format);
    18.         myCam.targetTexture = rTex;
    19.         myCam.backgroundColor = new Color(0,0,0,0);
    20.         myCam.clearFlags = CameraClearFlags.SolidColor;
    21.     }
    23.     void Update ()
    24.     {
    25.         RenderSettings.skybox.SetTexture("_SatTex", rTex);
    26.     }
    27. }
    Set your main camera clear flags to "Skybox" and create a new layer for your distant objects. Remove that layer from main camera. Now create a new camera and attach it to your main camera transform as child. Set the distant camera to only render your distant layer. That should be all. :)

27. Quiznos323

Quiznos323

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll give it a go :)

28. transat

transat

@Vondox Just noticed that at night the stars seem to shine completely through the clouds, as if they sat lower. The clouds then vanished quite suddenly after about 3 seconds so couldn't tell exactly what was happening but it looked off.

29. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

I'm sorry to bother you with the third question already so please just ignore it if it's too much, but it's possible to hook up my own particles to the Snow weather profile, right? I'm making a "first snow morning" scene so it's like gentle snow with a bit of fog at the same time, and once you thicken up the fog, the "normal" snow becomes a bit too thick too.

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, can you reproduce the issue, maybe some settings? Stars should not shine through clouds and it works correct for me.

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sure you can use your own particle effects or tweak the existing. Create a new weather preset, set an unique name and assign in EnviroZone component. Please check the documentation that is included in package. :)

thunderdawn likes this.
  32. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

In my scene, the fog is in the sky, and there is no fog on the ground. No matter how I adjust the Category-Fog and Foggy.asset, do you know why?

33. zetingq

zetingq

@Vondox I want to modify a Particles Standard Surface shader so that it can be blocked by fog, but I can't find a way. I also looked at the shader under the Enviro file. It's not the same as the shader I want to modify. Can you help me?
    Below is the source file of the unity Standard Surface that I want to modify.

Attached Files:

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry haven't seen that before. Could you please send me your profile and weather preset in a private message?

35. BenWoodford

BenWoodford

What's the best workflow to use when doing Baked GI here? I'm going to have to use multiple scenes (one for each weather) presumably but I can't see any way to setup the lighting to the current weather preset. Is there a way to do that so that I can bake for that preset?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will have a look into your shader later and contact you. :)

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you will be able to do that in 2.1.0. I will send you a download link with latest beta version later.

38. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

I added a Heavy Snow preset and it will snow inside my buildings. How do I fix it to only snow outside?

BrandStone likes this.
  39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do your building already have colliders on roofes?

- Create a new layer for particle collisions.
    - Assign this new layer to your buildings colliders set them "static" and change the enviro particle systems collision layer to this layer:
    upload_2018-12-7_17-14-17.png

SickaGamer likes this.
  40. Firetik

Firetik

I seem to be having a problem with the rain particles, when it's raining the rain Is high above the player/camera and cant be seen. Not sure how to fix this?

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please the transform that you assign as "Player" in Enviro. Maybe switch that for your camera transform too.

42. Cecrit

Cecrit

So I recently purchased Volumetric 3D Lasers from the asset store and noticed that the Enviro Sky is rendered in front of the lasers.causing them to be invisible in parts where only the sky is "behind" them. Is there an easy way to fixing this? Currently I'm not on the machine with the project so I could only post a screenshot of the issue later on if it is needed,

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, those lasers should render in "Transparent" queue as it looks like that they don't be included in camera depth texture. Please check their materials and and modify the "Render Queue" setting to something like "3000".

44. Cecrit

Cecrit

This did the trick, thank you!

45. Firetik

Firetik

I'm using the gaia asset so it's all already setup but it the rain is above the player, it still follows the player though

46. transat

transat

Haven't been able to reproduce the issue. Might have been staring at this screen for too long.

Is Enviro compatible with Kronnect Volumetric Fog or only Miranda Fog Volume?

47. AngelBeatsZzz

AngelBeatsZzz

I found this problem caused by AQUAS_Lens Effects.cs, and when I removed it, the fog appeared.

48. lorddanger

lorddanger

Hello,
    I can't see EnviroSky manger in the menu

49. Vondox

Vondox

Not sure why it does not work out of the bix for you, but please try to set your camera to as player in EnviroSky -> "Player and Camera Setup" category.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Enviro is compativle with Fog Volume 3. I don't have Kronnect Volumetric Fog but pretty sure it will work too.