Search Unity

1. Unity 2018.3 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want more efficiency in your development work? Sign up to receive weekly tech and creative know-how from Unity experts.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Build games and experiences that can load instantly and without install. Explore the Project Tiny Preview today!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to provide direct feedback to the Unity team? Join the Unity Advisory Panel.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to create and set a special layer for the moon and make sure that no other assets using this. (EnviroSky inspector -> Rendering Setup)

Or contact me for testing latest enviro beta which does not need those moon camera anymore.

2. SickaGamer

SickaGamer

Any upcoming updates? If so, any new features/enhancements?

3. myownbot

myownbot

Well, rendering the moon on a separated layer did not help.

I found a small bug in EnviroSky.cs script he-he ))
    Without those two brackets, the IF statement was TRUE once in a while despite MoonRendering OFF.

Thank you for your generous offer of beta-testing. I guess I can wait till the next release (without the Moon)

Attached Files:

Vondox and transat like this.
  4. myownbot

myownbot

Did you ever consider to add star flickering to the night sky? This would be AWESOME!

5. transat

transat

The ambient light comes on very briefly if starts raining at night. Some faulty transition somewhere? I'm using 2018.3b10

6. zeb33

zeb33

I'm getting no clouds initially in daytime, they appear at night and then remain during day
    How do I get them to show from start? Thanks

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, already on my list and will be added in 2.1. :)

myownbot likes this.
  8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! I will check that out and look for a fix tomorrow.

transat likes this.
  9. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can change the weather to start with in EnviroSky inspector -> "Weather Controls" -> "Start Weather Preset".

zeb33 likes this.
  10. myownbot

myownbot

11. gecko

gecko

I'm trying out Lux Water, and there's a Lux integration script in Enviro, but it throws an error when I extract it:

Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Lux Integration/EnviroLUXIntegration.cs(7,9): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `LuxDynamicWeather' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

So I guess that's not for Lux Water specifically? But someone on the Lux Water thread mentioned that it looks great with Enviro....so how do I make that work?

12. transat

transat

13. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah the LUX Integration component is for LUX Shader Framework not Water. :D
    Here is the guide I created to modify the LUX Water shader to work with enviro fog and volume lighting.

Attached Files:

gecko likes this.
  14. Vondox

Vondox

I was able to reproduce the issue and will fix this in next update. Thanks for your report!

eaque and transat like this.
  15. virtualentropy-222

virtualentropy-222

Hi. I'm having issues Unity's Post Processing. As soon as it it's installed, and after it's been setup, the screen quickly brightens to white during Playmode. Everything is using the latest version on a Mac and I've followed the setup correctly.
    The main reason I'm using Post Processing is because I need the Anti Aliasing, otherwise I'd remove it.

Cheers for your help, It's something I really enjoy working with.
    Screen Shot 2018-11-20 at 10.31.48 AM.png

16. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

Thank you, it really helped! I loved the change in the feel of the atmosphere, combined with post processing it gives some very impressive volumetric lighting despite the overall dark color scheme.

If I may trouble you with another request, I’m trying to use Enviro to dynamically light a greenhouse scene because I really like the volumetrics. I’m trying to make it look like it’s hot and steamy wet, almost unnaturally so, but without using the rain particles for obvious reason.

I fogged it up, fiddled with the Mie values to give the sky a glassy look and lowered anistropy imitating a tropical rainforest but I feel like I’m missing some geographical settings maybe?

17. planetmarijn

planetmarijn

I'm having some issues with the DontDestroyOnLoad feature. I've browsed this thread, but my issue is a little bit different than others, I think.
    So, I have startup scene that contains the Enviro gameobjects and my camera (also set to DontDestroyOnLoad). Then I call SceneManager.LoadScene (or LoadSceneAsync, it doesn't matter) to load a new scene. That new scene only contains objects and such. What happens though, is that the starry sky disappears, as well as the moon. And they never come back after that.
    I tried to figure out what could be happening, but I have no clue. Do you maybe know why that's happening and if there's an easy fix?

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to delete the EnviroSkyRendering component on your camera and try again first. If that won't help contact me in a private message and we can have a look into your project as I don't have a mac here to try to reproduce your issue.

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you could provide me some sample pictures of the desired effect please?

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,
    do you load your scene in additive way?
    SceneManager.LoadSceneAsync("SomeScene", LoadSceneMode.Additive);
    You also could try to call EnviroSky.instance.Reinit(); after load.

21. thunderdawn

thunderdawn

Thank you, I really appreciate your advice. Something like this, just not as dark

Bartolomeus755 likes this.
  22. daniel-griffiths

daniel-griffiths

Hello i just bought your asset but can't get the clouds like you have in your demo role. Do you have profiles for that setup as i cant get fluffy clouds for love nor money.. no profile will show them

Any suggestions

Thanks

Daniel

23. MojaveMoore

MojaveMoore

I have version 2.0.3. which has become corrupted. Where can I download version 2.0.5? and what type of ID do I need to show that I have purchased version 2.0.3?

Dear Gerald Moore,

This mail is a confirmation of your Unity Asset Store purchase, made on 28th Aug 2018. Please keep a copy of this email and the attached invoice for your records.

Purchase description:

• Enviro - Sky and Weather
    • Erosion Brush
    For more details about your purchase, please look at the attached PDF invoice.

The Unity Asset Store is a great place to find models, scripts, audio and starter kits - but did you know you can also distribute and sell your work to a wide audience of Unity users ? If you're a skilled programmer, artist, designer, modeller or musician, you might want to look at our Asset Store submission guidelines !

Feel free to contact us at assetstore@unity3d.com if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks for using the Unity Asset Store !

Asset Store Team
    Unity Technologies

24. LurkingNinjaDev

LurkingNinjaDev

I would delete this PDF from here ASAP. You just published a bunch of data about yourself. Anyone can read this. It would be better to send this over PM or email.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Okay thanks, I will have a look and send you a profile later this weekend.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you mean settings like the web player demo? I will send you a profile later. Also want to mention that clouds get a nice visuals improvement in in 2.1 update. Maybe you want to test that too. :)

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you can download 2.0.5 through the asset store and no need to send me those information. Please open the "Asset Store" window directly in Unity Editor and search for Enviro in "Your Assets List" then download/update and import.
    Also please delete your invoice here, nothing you should post in public forums. ;)

28. MojaveMoore

MojaveMoore

done,deleted,thanks

29. Duffer123

Duffer123

@Vondox ,

I think the Enviro GAIA extension is falling down with GAIA v 1.91 for want of being able to find ''Player' in the scene hierarchy. Get same problems whether in GAIA you go for flycam, fp camera or tp camera...

30. Glitch12

Glitch12

Hello can anyone tell me how to integrate Photon Network?
    I did not see any info in the pdf file.

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, there is a winrar archive in Enviro -> Scripts -> NetworkIntegration folder. Inside are the components for Photon Integration. Just add the EnviroPhotonIntegration to your EnviroSky object in your scene. If you spawn your players through code you also may want to add the PhotonPlayerAssign component to your player prefab to assign your players and camera in Enviro.

Glitch12 likes this.
  32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report! I have updated the GAIA Integration component for Gaia 1.9.1 and also added a guide to modify the Gaia simple water shader to work with enviro fog. I attached a hotfix package and the guide here.

Attached Files:

mmaclaurin, Glitch12 and Duffer123 like this.
  33. PatYounis

PatYounis

Help! I'm having an issue where the moon isnt rendering in my build! it's there during playmode and i've made sure theres a only one object on the moon layer and assigned it to rendering, but no matter what i try i cant seem to see it in my scene, only the lightrays!

*Version 2018.2.15f

Last edited: Nov 26, 2018
  34. JMadera

JMadera

On the latest Unity update I keep getting the,

"Metal: Error creating pipeline state (Enviro/Mobile/AtmosphereShader): Vertex attribute normal0(1) is missing from the vertex descriptor"

on every new project I load it on, I usually load it with Aquas. Jic there is some conflict.
    But every time I import it I get it even on a clean project. Help.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, so you already created a new layer and assigned that in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup"? Do you changed anything in your profile -> "Sky" category? Please check if "Render Moon" is activated there.

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will send you download link to latest mobile version.

37. Duffer123

Duffer123

38. Ivyms

Ivyms

Do you have another email for support? The email vondox@live.de is returning error.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Strange, I get e-mails just fine here. But you also can start a private conservation in forum here.

40. robbob44

robbob44

Hello,

When we updated from 2.0.3 to 2.0.4 (2.0.5 still has the issue) it seems to have introduced a bug with the moon; specifically the moon shape that is supposed to block out stars behind the moon. The update modified the moonArea, moonBright, and starsBehindMoon variables in the EnviroSkybox.shader that seem invalid. If I revert
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float starsBehindMoon = 1 - clamp((moonArea * 5), 0, 1);
    back to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float starsBehindMoon = 1 - clamp((moonBright * 5), 0, 1);
    The circle of missing stars on the opposite end of the skybox is removed. This doesn't have the desired sharp edge as far as I can tell, but you probably know better what was being changed and needs to be fixed here.

Note that this bug is really inconsistent. The more I fiddle with it, sometimes it just outright fixes itself even after reverting my changes then later re-appears.

See below images (and note the gizmo on the top right):

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  41. dawidmvr2

dawidmvr2

Hi,
    the asset looks very good, but with VR it works only with multipass rendering in Unity 2018.2.10f1. Singlepass causes the sky to be mirrored upside down. Do you have a fix for this?

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that issue is fixed in 2.1.0. Please tell me if you are interested in testing. :)

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, what vr sdk do you use? Oculus or OpenVR? And do you already have activated the singlepass mode in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup"?

44. dawidmvr2

dawidmvr2

Yes I activated singlepass in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup". I tested on mixed VR (Samsung HMD), can also test on Oculus if needed.

45. zukeru

zukeru

Hello,

I have a weird bug with enviro. Once I spawn another tank in multiplayer, I shoot the tank and then the sky just starts changing really quickly and when I go into my time controls its just freaking out and the bars are moving around rapidly and the sky is just turning super fast. There isnt any errors in the console not sure what's happening. This doesn't happen when there isn't another multiplayer in the scene but as soon as I spawn one and shoot it or it dies the screen freaks out.

Also how do you sync the weather and time over photon so all players see the same time etc?

Starting at like 5:50 you will see what I'm talking about....

46. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, I will have a look with your unity version tomorrow and contact you then. :)

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, looks like time is progressing really fast then. Unfortunaly it is hard to tell whats going on here from distance. Please contact me in private message or e-mail and send me some more information like some of your code when you shoot an enemy.

Also please check what your day and night length times when the issue happens and if setting time progressing to "None" will temporary stop the issue.

48. samuelbrunner

samuelbrunner

Hello

Seem more like a gaia bug... i leave it here in case some else got the same problem

i can see the light in the ocean at night and i have a strange shadow at night

Look better if i select Color or Gradient in light parameter

https://ibb.co/0yt1FZw
    https://ibb.co/2hvZB2F

Working with gaia cts and its a default terrain without anything added

There something wrong with the reflection prob

https://ibb.co/ypP3NV9

See on this screen, i set up probe to update every frame, and press play

nothing happend, unitl i move on the right, the the probe is updated ( via scripting)

last image i select everyframe and its look correct

https://ibb.co/84jmTDd

So set the update to everyframe cause huge lag, switching back to via script, its work nice and no more lag

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  49. dawidmvr2

dawidmvr2

I just tested on oculus and singlepass works. I tested on the same Unity version. It would seem the problem occurs when using windows mixed VR headsets (Samsung HMD).

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you progressing time in your scene (EnviroSky -> Time Controls -> Progress Mode = "Simulated")?
    You have three reflections probes active in your scene right now. The "Global Reflections Probe" and "Camera Reflection Probe" from Gaia and the "Global Reflections" from Enviro. Please try and deactivate the Gaia ones and test again.

Also please take a look a few posts above this one, I have attached a guide to modify the GAIA water shader to work with enviro fog and volume lighting. I would go through that guide too to get best results.