Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you already tried to reach him on his support mail?

2. Seith

Seith

@Vondox Thank you very much for your reply!

Regarding the problem of not being able to see volumetric lighting and clouds in the editor: this is in fact a huge issue for me. I work on games that rely heavily on visuals and being able to see the final picture while I'm working is, simply put, a basic requirement.

Now I understand volumetric clouds in the editor should be an option that you can toggle at will (sometimes you absolutely need to see the clouds in the editor, sometimes you don't), but I would urge you to please at least have the option.

The same goes for volumetric lighting; it's such an integral part of the final look that it has to be visible when you develop your game. I don't know how Enviro works in that regard but if need be you might be able to get in touch with the developers of Aura or hxVolumetric; both these assets' volumetric lighting is visible directly in the editor.

In conclusion, I would respectfully ask you to please implement those essential functionalities: being able to actually see Enviro's best features while you work is downright fundamental. And now that I've tasted what Enviro can do, I really want to be able to use it!!

3. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your feedback! Sure, I will work on that and try to implement in 2.1.0. :)

RendCycle, Raul_T and Seith like this.
  4. mickaelb_simthetiq

mickaelb_simthetiq

Hello Vondox,

I have an issue with my custom surface shaders (which are used in AlphaTest and Transparent queues), they are not affected by Enviro's fog. Is there a special pragma keyword or a symbol to define somewhere to work ?

Thanks !

5. Vondox

Vondox

Sounds like your shader isn't writing to depth. Please try to add an matching fallback to your shader, or send it to me and I will have a look.

Edit: Oh if it is an semi-transparent shader and rendering in transparent queue you have to add the enviro fog support function to you shader. Please take a look into EnviroTransparent shader that is included with the package.

6. mickaelb_simthetiq

mickaelb_simthetiq

Thank you, indeed applying the finalcolor fog on the custom surface shader helps a lot ! ;)

I have another shader (not a surface one) which needs also fog but when I apply the same Fog function, the result is a bit off, i will contact you later with the source code of my shader.

Thanks again !

EDIT : FInally the way i have computed the Linear Depth was the issue, everything works fine ! ;)

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
    Vondox likes this.
  7. GertCoppens

GertCoppens

Hey,

I have set the moonlayer in the profile yet I can't render the moon ingame, any ideas?

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, so you created a new layer and assigned it to the "Moon Layer" in "Rendering Setup"? Strange should work our of the box... How do you assign your camera/player?

9. GertCoppens

GertCoppens

In game

Editor

Assign

10. GertCoppens

GertCoppens

I reimported Enviro again and it's ok now.
    Most likely a corrupted file.
    Thank you @Vodox

11. RendCycle

RendCycle

Hi! I am using two Cameras which are active at the same time. I would like to control Enviro's Fog for the active Weather and have one Camera displaying zero to minimal fog and the other Camera having a thick fog. Would like to know if that is possible and how can this be done?

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you need to use the "EnviroAdditionalCamera" component on your second camera.But to have different fog values on each camera you would need to change that in scripts. I will have a look and send you a solution later.

RendCycle likes this.
  13. N1warhead

N1warhead

@Vondox :How would I go about accessing the variables inside of EnviroSky.cs?? Inside EnviroTime specifically.
    Trying to make this work with TNet, so I need to get the server to request the current timing info to give to joining players. Thanks.

EDIT:
    Nevermind, I found it!

had to scroll down really far and saw the Variable GameTime in awake :p and then accessed it via GameTime.Seconds, minutes, etc.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2018
  14. jesblood

jesblood

Hello @Vondox,

I'm a prospective buyer looking to potentially purchase your plugin for our game in development. Our game takes place in the Antarctic and I was wondering if your plugin simulates the "aurora australis" just like Tenkoku? If it does then we'll be making a purchase immediately. From what I've seen in advertisements and demo based performances your plugin seems way more versatile than the other weather & sky plugins out there.

Could you please let us know. Thank you.

https://cdn.photographylife.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Stewart-Island-New-Zealand-10.jpg

15. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

How to totally turn of enviro ambient sound system? It has only one Sound Area so I just need to make my own and wont to disable it

16. rasto61

rasto61

It doesn't. But look a few posts back and you'll see that you should be able to add this.

Yes, Enviro is definitely the best weather and sky asset. It easily looks the best and I think it's the best organized one as well.

Vondox likes this.
  17. rasto61

rasto61

You want to completely disable the amient sound, but keep the weather fx? Either remove ambient clips from the weather profiles, or set the 'ambient sfx volume' to 0 on the enviro prefab (under audio controls)

18. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Also is there chance that you will implement few audio zones ambient sounds What I mean, now I could set up ambient and night ambient for whole level, I cant set up it per zone, For example in zone 1 I have ambient day and night for forest, in zone 2 I have day and night for hills etc.

19. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2018-9-17_21-37-4.png no option to set volume of ambient to 0.

20. rasto61

rasto61

A bit lower:

Screenshot (137).png

You have to use the enviro interior zone. You can override the ambient audio:

Screenshot (139).png

Vondox likes this.
  21. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I can override there ambient but cant override ambient for night and day, and weather there is just one ambient

22. Vondox

Vondox

For now you could use different weather presets for your zones and assign different ambient sounds for day and night in each weather preset. But I will have a look and maybe add something different in a later update.

23. rasto61

rasto61

I think for your use case you could also just either switch the audio from script, or have 2 zones and toggle them depending on the time of day

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, like @rasto61 already told, currently no aurora effects implemented. So for now you would need to create this effect yourself. But it is planned to add aurora effect to enviro in future. But no eta for that yet. :D

jesblood likes this.
  25. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, hehe cool that you found it. Tell me if you need further help integrating enviro with TNet. You also could take a look into EnviroUNet integration to get some ideas how to synchronize weather and so on.

26. N1warhead

N1warhead

Awesome thanks mate :)
    Will definitely look at it, because I may want to sync more than what I'm doing now.
    Which all I'm doing at the moment is (seconds, minutes, hours, days, years, day/night lengths, current weather and current season).

Only gotta do it once per player when they join, and when the 'host' of the channel updates to a new weather/season kinda thing. So it's good that way for not sending tons of extra data over and over.

27. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Yes I know bu then When I change globally weather id doesnt work well

I have a problem also with Get Season in Playmaker, AFter geting that How I could compare it to other value ? There is no option to choose playmaker variable to get it into that? I hope you know what I mean, I just would to check what actuall season is in playmaker and then do certain action on certain season.

Second thing, I saw that some rain, snow effects etc Are visible in my scene I mean that particles of it are playing all the time :) In VFX group

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  28. RendCycle

RendCycle

I was able to add EnviroAdditionalCamera to my second camera so the active Weather also appears on it. Thanks! :) But it would be great if there is a way to control Enviro's Fog in the active Weather Profile and... better still suggesting maybe also to be able to define it's starting Y position/height? Planning to use it to display underwater view in the second Camera (thicker fog below)...

Maybe there can also be a solution to hide falling rain/snow (being a particle) from the bottom section of the screen. I still haven't figured out yet how to block off all rain/snow from appearing underwater using a dynamic non-flat water without shortening a Weather Zone's height (might need it later for "temperature") if using one or switching the active Weather Profile. If for example there are two Cameras active (one above water and one under), the underwater camera should normally not be able to show rain/snow below as they would melt/dissolve upon hitting the water surface. But I guess the temperature feature planned in the next major update should still be detected underwater somehow through the Weather Zone is that how it should work? o_O

Edit: You know @Vondox, in the future, it would be good maybe if you could release your own non-flat Ocean Asset (with basic Buoyancy and all the caustics + other effects already available) that is fully compatible with Enviro - Sky & Weather and can be used for Unity Personal Ed. :)

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
  29. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, @Vondox
    I'm trying to get the accurate sunrise/sunset time along with a steady time compression, do I have to create my own scripts to calculate the actual day/night length ratio then assign the correct real world time for day and night?
    Or I can just set the day length and night length both to 30 minutes and get an accurate time compression of 24 times to real time?

30. ekuNNN

ekuNNN

Hi, I'm probably missing something obvious, but it looks like enviro sky is rendering the clouds and fog over the top of a flock of birds i have flying in the sky, obscuring them. Is there any place I can change the drawing order or something similar?

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I will have a look into your playmaker issue later. But to be true I never really used Playmaker yet. :D About particles playing. Do you mean the rain splash issue that is visible on top? That one is fixed on my side and will in 2.1.0 update.

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I can have a look into sheight fog starting position after update 2.1.0. For now I have already enough on my list that should be added in 2.1.0, sorry. For you second camera particle thing: Do you already tried to put particle effects on an unique layer and only render them on your top camera?

Sorry, currently I have no plans to release an ocean system. :)

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to set both day and night length to 60. That should do the trick.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I think it was related to the shader off that birds material. Please try to change it to another shader and it should work correctly.

35. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

What about playmaker, problem is cause in playmaker you have to get it like playmaker Variable, you made it well in get time data
    upload_2018-9-18_21-48-22.png

But here on get season there is no option, The best would be if you convert your get season to string for example

upload_2018-9-18_21-49-51.png

I would be very gratefull if you could fix it our programmer is doing different things now And I'm working on advance ambient sounds and need to be able to get it in playmaker and then check what season actually is.

What about rain effect, Thats exactly what I mean, great to hear that! :)

36. RendCycle

RendCycle

You are a saviour! :D I don't know how it worked but I just created the Sorting Layer "Above Water" and selected that as value for Renderer -> Sorting Layer for all Enviro Particles without needing to change the layers of my other GameObjects. The only issue remaining is the Fog. It does NOT appear on my second Camera when the moving player object is above water while the other effects like Rain and Snow correctly appears on it.

Thanks for being patient and answering even novice questions! You have gained a loyal customer. hah! :) Excited for the release of Enviro version 2.1.0 and using the temperature feature.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2018
  37. ekuNNN

ekuNNN

Thanks! I was able to change the position in the render queue in the shader of the bird.

38. Univoke

Univoke

I get jittering shadows and my clouds are also weirdly pixelated (although with some tinkering this is almost resolved, but the shadows stay jittering). Could you point me in some direction to look?

Unity version 2018.2.7f1

Attached Files:

39. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hey, I've tested the time scale settings, does the day length in minute means during day time it's the set minute for 24 hours?
    Then I should be able to set a day/night ratio to lengthen or shorten the real time for day or night, right?
    BTW, how can I know if enviro currently is day time or night time? Is there a boolean I can check or I can only check on the sun angle from the direction light? Also is there an sun angle variable that I can use or I should calculate it from the rotation of the direction light?

40. Vondox

Vondox

Do you see same issue in sample scene? Maybe try to assign your camera as "Player" too.

41. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, that is how it works. The problem is when you have different day and night length the total amount of realtime minutes for 24 hours will vary as the day/night times changes over the year. I already planned to improve that, but no eta yet.

You can check if it is night with this boolean:
    EnviroSky.instance.isNight

You also can use the "solarTime" values that ranges from 0-1. That one will tell you how "high" the sun currently is in sky. The sun will be at horizon at about 0.5.
    EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.solarTime

42. Harekelas

Harekelas

Great, so I don't have to access the direction light every time!

43. SveinEven

SveinEven

Hello Vondox!

I am wondering about the day lenght and night length in minutes.
    Is this how many minutes per 12 hours, or how do you calculate this?

I've tried to set 720 in each of these (720 minutes = 12 hours) but the time move to quick.

What do I need to put in to get realtime?
    (And no, I do not want to use system time. I want to know how the length is calculate, and what would give a 1 min per minute ratio)

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, you need to double that (1440) as it is calculated for 24 hours. :)

45. mickaelb_simthetiq

mickaelb_simthetiq

Hi again @Vondox , i'm experiencing some black pixels inside the Enviro sun. First i was thinking it was caused by my Post-processing but i disabled it and the issue still there. Apparently it's the result of NaN pixel values which are set to 0 by Unity. Is this a known issue ? (i am using Forward rendering, since my project is a VR one and i need a robust MSAA)

https://imgur.com/1nxgwMS

Here's my settings

Thank you !

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please set your "G" to another value like 1.01 or 0.999. Also please set "Mie" to positive values. I will have a look to fix NaN pixels with those settings in next update. Thanks for your report! :)

47. mickaelb_simthetiq

mickaelb_simthetiq

Indeed i just used the default VR prefab and the sun is fine, but i'm experiencing the same kind of issue inside a cloud. Maybe it's a limitation of your asset so it's not very problematic for my project, but i wanted to inform you.

Thanks

48. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yea inside of clouds is not supported yet. (Also noted in asset store description) ;)

49. llJIMBOBll

llJIMBOBll

Hi, I'm wondering about Volumetric Lighting, it works perfect in the editor but for build it doesn't seem to work.
    I'm using latest version and Unity 2014.4.f11.. Windows 10

I've included all Enviro Shaders in a Shader Collection and is in a Resource folder.

Thanks Again Jim

50. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you already tried to add the Enviro/VolumeLight shader in the "Always included Shaders" list? (Project Settings -> Graphics).

Stephen_O and llJIMBOBll like this.