Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello guys!
    We want to share with You screenshots and trailer of our game " The End of the Sun", where we used Enviro a lot.

CLICK HERE TO WATCH TRAILER

Vondox it will be great if You post screenshots and trailer on Your webpage or assetstore to promote Enviro, just add somewhere link to our webpage.
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE

We hope You 'll like it and add our game to steam wishlist :)
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR STEAM STORE PAGE

upload_2018-8-30_2-5-2.png

RELEVANT LINKS

Game’s official website: http://www.endofsun.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EndOfTheSunGame

YouTube Official: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFoSXpa4XVRZEC...

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/endofsungame/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/endofthesungame

Gamedev blog: https://www.endofsun.com/blog/

Screenshots and gameplay materials: https://www.endofsun.com/#Gallery

2. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, currently not supported out of the box. But I will work on that in next update. Please contact me in skype if you need this sooner.:)

3. Vondox

Vondox

Wow! Lovely atmosphere. Great work, I will post your trailer and link to your homepage in enviro facebook later. :)

4. zetingq

zetingq

Thank you very much, the problem is solved,
    After adding the moon layer, without switching the camera
    It’s okay to watch the moon with another camera.

5. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Hey guys... has anyone tried using this with the HD Pipeline? I recently updated my packages and I didn't see mention of this in the release notes.

6. rasto61

rasto61

Official release does not support it yet.

KRGraphics and Vondox like this.
  7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, HD pipeline isn't supported at the moment. But I already started to work on a srp version of enviro. Unfortunaly rendering a camera to texture is giving me some strange behaviour like way to much set pass calls and influence of post processing. At the end the srp is still in experimental state and not finished yet so issues like that hopefully get fixed soon.

8. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

Good to know you're working on this. I'll have to be patient and work on other areas of my game. This pipeline is awesome. Now the sun has natural falloff and full HDR range

9. Vondox

Vondox

Do you use dynamic time of day in your project? I have a testing version ready with sky and volume clouds working. Only the issue with moon camera that will render the moon every few ingame minutes is problemetic. So as long as you use static time it is working good. :)

Tell me if you want to give it a try if you already switched your project to hd pipeline.

10. KRGraphics

KRGraphics

I'm using static time of day... in the HD pipeline I can set a natural sunlight intensity like 5000K.

I'll have to check if particles work in the HD pipeline

11. gecko

gecko

Thanks, will do. (I assume it's bad to have two Wind Zones in a scene....but is it?)

Also: I want to use Height Fog for nice low-lying fog in the valleys in early morning, and it looks great --- but I had to adjust the Weather Fog Mod color for that time of day, so the fog was white and not dark. However, now I realize that Weather Fog Mod is also used in the Sky Fog....at least I asume it's sky fog, but I can't find any way to turn that sufficiently down. Are there any controls for Sky Fog besides the two sliders in the Weather presets?

12. Swapan01

Swapan01

Can I set Cloud density in default setting. Like-EnviroSky.instance.cloudsConfig.density = 10 ; how to set density?

If I do that it gives a different result for different value. No fixed result in weather control>current weather(some time cloudy 1 or cloudy 2 or cloudy 4).

I am new here. I just want cloud amount change from script.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  13. Vondox

Vondox

No, sorry there are no other settings for skyfog and the weather fog mod color will apply to all the different fog types. Please contact me in skype and we can work out a solution and may add that in next update too. :)

14. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Is height fog volumetric?

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry enviro weather system isn't designed to work that way. It uses a preset system for different types of weather that you can create and add to your weather zones. After that you can change to specific weather configurations in your scripts with this function:
    EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather("Cloudy 1"); That will change weather to "Cloudy 1" preset for example.

You can create as many presets as you like and transitions between them will be smooth. For more information how to create and add new presets check the documentation pdf file that is included.

16. Vondox

Vondox

No, sorry height fog isn't volumetric at the moment.

17. gecko

gecko

I'm setting up my scene with a combination of Enviro, using heightfog for low-lying fog in the valley at dawn, and Volumetric Fog by Kronnect for when the player approaches and enters the fog. The combination looks and works great!

18. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

That's good, I can't afford volumetrics but a relatively inexpensive height fog might be useful. I was wondering how you got noise in without volumetrics.

19. Vince121

Vince121

Hi,

I'm trying to get Enviro working with the CREST Ocean Renderer (https://github.com/huwb/crest-oceanrender). The ocean shader requires a cubemap of the skybox for reflections.

Is it possible to get the skybox Enviro generates as a cubemap and plug it into the ocean shader?

At the moment I'm rendering a reflection probe every few frames, getting a cubemap from it, and using it for reflections. But, rendering a reflection probe all the time isn't great for performance, I'd prefer it if I could simply use the skybox.

Thanks

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry don't see another way to do this without modifing the ocean shader. Best option to sample the dynamic skybox would be if the ocean renderer would support reflection probes directly..

21. Swapan01

Swapan01

Thanks for your reply.
    Another question, In WebGL I had to disable Volume lighting. otherwise, there are lots of error messages. But then the clouds do not work properly.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  22. NickNovell

NickNovell

Hello to all. I don't know if there is a solution for this or if this is answered before. I want to use the Enviro weather in my game but I don't want the night time. I want to have only the day. If I don't use the time at all, I can't have the changes of weather (for ex. from clear day to light rain). Anyone knows what can I do? Thank you in advance.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please check if you use WebGL 2. WebGL 1.0 isn't supported in full version.

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please take a look in Enviro Zone component that is attached to EnviroSky prefab. There you have an option to use realtime instead of game time for weather changes.

25. RendCycle

RendCycle

Hi! Is it possible to adjust the actual time that the line of code EnviroSky.instance.isNight.Equals () bases its decision to return true or false? If yes, how? I would like Enviro to make night time earlier as I feel it is already too dark when it returns true.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that one will be exposed in 2.1.0 update. For now just take a look into the Update() function in EnviroSky script. There should be code like this:

if (!isNight && GameTime.solarTime < 0.45f)
    {
    }
    else if (isNight && GameTime.solarTime >= 0.45f)
    {
    }

Just tweak the 0.45f here.

27. Howzer

Howzer

Hello,
    If I plan to use HDRP for my project in the future, is it worth getting enviro now? Or does HDRP provide a completely different lighting solution?
    If so, will enviro have support for HDRP?
    Thankyou

28. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, currently I planned to release Enviro for SRP as an upgrade with a small fee (10-20$). It is a lot of work to support the new SRP and will require more work for me to support issues once enviro supports all three renderpipelines. That's why I need to charge a small fee.

With update 2.1.0 and the included restructure of Enviro you are able to use all versions in same project with same profiles, presets, additional components like Weather Zone, Interior Zones and API. So you can switch between Light, Standard and SRP with one click.

So yea it is worth getting enviro now, as it will be very easy to use SRP with your current standard setup. :)

Mark_01 likes this.
  29. NickNovell

NickNovell

@Vondox, I have 1.9 version. I can't see that function. I just don't want the time controls. Only random weather conditions.

30. RendCycle

RendCycle

It worked, thanks once again! :) By the way, I'm still patiently and constantly waiting for that temperature feature. Version 2.1 seems sooooo far away. hehehe :D

31. Vondox

Vondox

I think you need to update then. Not sure when I added that feature.

32. NickNovell

NickNovell

Thank you.

33. GertCoppens

GertCoppens

Hi, does anyone have a reference to any documentation about syncing lights with enviro dynamic environment ?

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the "EnviroDayNightSwitch" script in "Scrips" -> "Utilities" folder. That one can switch on and off multiple lights at night/day.

RendCycle likes this.
  35. GertCoppens

GertCoppens

Ok, thanks for the quick reply

36. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi
    I have a problem with EnviroSky.instance.currentTimeInHours

always return the same value: 17677730

37. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, are you on latest version? Do you convert that to a float? You should use double here as values can get quite large. :D

Edit: EnviroSky.instance.currentTimeInHours = Years, Days and Time of Day calculated in hours, that why you get large values. If you only need the time of day you should use EnviroSky.instance.GetUniversalTimeOfDay();

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  38. Niels40

Niels40

Hi Vondox,
    I am thinking of buying Enviro instead of buying Unistorm but had a question i could not get answered by searching on the internet.
    A key feature of Unistorm that attracts me is the fact there is a 'weather controller' that automaticly selects a new weather type based on the hour, day and and season settings. It also transfers seemingly between different kind of weathers.

Does Enviro also have such a 'weather controller'? Or would i have to program my own?

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yes enviro supports automatic weather changing. But it is only based on the season at the moment.

You can configure multiple weather zones that each having it own weather list. For biomes for example.

upload_2018-9-5_16-5-53.png
    upload_2018-9-5_16-10-5.png

In each weather preset you can configure the seasonal probability for that type of weather. So it won't snow in summer for example. Probability based on hours or days isn't included yet, but sounds like a great feature. Will add that on my list for future updates! :)

Weather transition will smooth out of the box of course.

Mark_01 likes this.
  40. Niels40

Niels40

Awesome to get such a fast response!
    After looking at videos etc for hours i decided to go for Enviro. It looks so amazing. You did a great job!
    Is there a place i can view your list of future plans?

41. Howzer

Howzer

I understand that HDRP comes with it's own solution for volumetric lighting and atmospheric scattering. Will enviro have support for these new HDRP features and how will the user choose between which one to use? thanks

42. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, I don't have a official roadmap at the moment. I only can tell you that next update will include a big restructuring of Enviro with it's different versions. New features in 2.1.0 are improved season system, a temperature system, some minor improvements and of course few fixes.

The biggest work gone into a new manager component where you can add different instances of enviro and the new rewritten lite version for low end devices or best performance. That one will work on any device with SM 2.0+ and supports ES 2.0.

WIP screenshot of the new manager:

For example the lite version for mobiles and the standard version in same scene. You can switch between those with one click. You also can enable/disable third party support components here.

upload_2018-9-5_17-19-42.png

Mark_01 likes this.
  43. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, its a bit to early to give you an answer on this. But unity atmospheric scattering and volumetric lighting worked well with enviro in my latest hdrp test with my internal srp test version.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  44. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Kind of a general Unity community question, but I'm wondering why there isn't a bounty system where we can bid for our favorite next features. I would totally do this. Also I feel guilty about getting so much good code for so little :D

45. Frozmat-Games

Frozmat-Games

Hello. I bought Enviro and I really like it! But I had a problem. After game build, volumetric light is not displayed. What can cause this?

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you have included the Enviro/VolumeLight shader in Unity settings -> Graphics -> Always Included Shaders" list? Please check the pdf documentation for further information. :)

47. Frozmat-Games

Frozmat-Games

Thats it! :) Thank you very much for your help and for your great asset!

Vondox likes this.
  48. RendCycle

RendCycle

I suggest to introduce a feature in Enviro to help manage spawning of GameObjects based on Season, Weather, Time, and/or Temperature but a simpler version like maybe an expanded version of your Vegetation Growth System. That might become an alternative to using Crux. :D

Vondox likes this.
  49. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi, I'm testing the frame rate using Ultimate Water System, Microsplat, Vegetation Studio Pro and Enviro together, and found that the post image effect from enviro's EnviroSkyRendering Method:
    upload_2018-9-7_17-45-14.png
    I'm using the default settings of Enviro and I have GTX 1060 6G graphic card, any suggestions on optimizing it?

50. rasto61

rasto61

Just of the top of my head, if you're using volume clouds lower the quality settings for those, check volume lighting settings and resolution. If you're not using either volume clouds nor volume lighting, then Hendrik will have to provide further pointers.

Harekelas likes this.