Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

That sounds strange! Unfortunaly I can't test this myself here. Do you tried in a fresh project only with enviro, or in your own project? Anybody else here tested enviro with psvr already?

2. iichiversii

iichiversii

Still not working for me, im using unity version 2018.1.1fi, the sdk im using is steamvr

3. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

I'm having a problem in which in the interval of a second the moon skips to a new position, between 21:59:03 and 21:59:04. Not sure if it has to do with my custom latitude longitude (-48 lat, -22 long).

I'm also trying to figure out how to make my sky colors more saturated, there are a lot of grays in the default. Is there an easy way to change the sky colors? I found a sky color override on the weather presets, and a "Scattering Color" color gradient, but don't seem to correlate that exactly to the saturation of the colors in the sky.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Do you have checked if EnviroSkyRendering component is on your camera? (Make sure to assign the "eye" camera when using SteamVR plugin!). I just tested this in 2018.1.2 with SteamVR plugin and can't reproduce your issue on my side.

Btw, while testing I found an issue with multi-pass rendering and temporal reprojection of volume clouds. Just uploaded 2.0.5 to store to fix those issues. Hope it will be online end of week.

Mark_01 likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! I will have a look into this later. To increase the sky saturation you could raise the "Sky Color Power" curve in "sky" category.

6. iichiversii

iichiversii

Iv tried all this in single pass to no effect, iv assigned EnviroSkyRendering component to eye camera from the beginning, i should also point out that i cant make changes to enviro both in runtime or editor mode, during runtime when i select Enviro the game pauses.

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you may have set the "Direct Light Angle Offset" to something over "0"? I just noticed that it will influence the moon position. :/ If yes set it to zero for now. I will have a look into this for next update. :)

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please contact me in a private chat or mail and we should meet in skype or teamviewer so I can have a look into that.

The game only should pause while using a dropdown menu in envirosky inspector. But this is related to unity editor and should not be a problem in a build.

iichiversii likes this.
  9. DanielSnd

DanielSnd

Yep, I have it at 1160. My game starts at 6am, and without setting that I don't quite get enough light on the ground ><; I might have to live with the teleporting moon I guess hahaha

-Editted-

Changed the value to 410, so I still get some of the light I wanted where I wanted and the bug shifted from 22:58pm to 23:58pm, which the player never gets to see since I force him to go to sleep starting a fade-out at 23:55, so the problem doesn't quite affect me anymore :) Thanks

10. RyanDunne

RyanDunne

It's in an existing project. I'll post a video what it looks like later on.

11. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi @Vondox
    I have another question:
    it's possible, with volumetric clouds enabled, disable temporary the rendering? If I disable the `EnviroSkyRendering` it's ok, but I loose the haze feature..

thanks in advance!

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, so what effect do you want to disable temporary? Clouds, volume lighting and light-shafts can be disabled in "Feature Controls". Distance and Height fog in fog settings of your profile.

13. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks @Vondox , I wish disable clouds... it's possible via script?

14. Vondox

Vondox

Sure, in current version:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.  EnviroSky.instance.cloudsMode = EnviroSky.EnviroCloudsMode.None;
    Next big update I am working on the last weeks the api will change so you got booleans for each clouds type. More about the next big update later here. ;)

15. ghiboz

ghiboz

whoa!! can't wait!

16. ghiboz

ghiboz

@Vondox I noticed a strange behaviour:
    I start my scene, with Enviro gameobject active: everything is ok: volumetric clouds are enabled, distance fog enabled... ok!
    after I disable the Enviro gameobject and the clouds and fog is also enabled ('cause is controlled by the EnviroSkyRendering attached to the camera... ok!
    after I re-enable the Enviro gameobject: the clouds are still in the scene but the fog is disappeared.. and I'm not able to make visible again!

have you got any idea?
    thanks

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hm when I do this on my side fog will be reset as it calls the PreInit() function when re-enable EnviroSky object. But it still should show after some time. If you take a look into EnviroSky script - PreInit() and comment the line that set fog density here it should be stay foggy.

There are also a stop and start function, but it may disables too much. I am not sure what you want to disable here. Next update will have more controll to play and stop enviro.

ghiboz likes this.
  18. ghiboz

ghiboz

thank you! now works!
    I wait the next release!! :cool:

Vondox likes this.
  19. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hi, I have a workflow question regarding the weather profiles (Foggy, Clear, Light Rain, etc)

I want to make some custom ones, and I tried like this:
    - select "Foggy"
    - duplicate it and rename to "My Foggy"

Select "My Foggy" as the initial weather condition in the EnviroSky inspector.

When I do this, "My Foggy" looks different (i.e. no fog) than "Foggy" did. But when I compare the settings in "Foggy" and "My Foggy," they look identical.

I think I'm missing something in the work flow - but what?

- Matt

20. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Matt,

please set an unique name inside of the weather preset inspector and add it to the weather list in enviro zone component. Btw. this is also handeld in documentation. Enviro only can use weather presets that are added to a zone.

mmaclaurin likes this.
  21. SirOhlamon

SirOhlamon

Hello @Vondox
    A small question. Will this solution suit me for a RTS game? Like sky reflection at water, clouds shadows and maybe rain/snow?

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, yea it should work quite well for rts games too. You may want to tweak the weather effects (Unity particle systems).
    To have fog and reflection of volume clouds on water you may need to modify the shader. There are step by step guides for Aquas and RAM, but I help if you are stuck with that or if you use another water asset. There also is a cloud shadow system using light cookies included.

23. lo-94

lo-94

So I'm running into an issue when implementing your solution to add Enviro fog support to R.A.M. River Auto Material. It seems that I get kind of strange artifacts from certain angles. I also noticed that implementing your fog solution slightly altered the color of the shader even when no fog is enabled in the scene. Screenshot is visible. This is present with the modified Water River Tesseled Vertex Color Flow shader EnviroRAMArtifact.png

24. lo-94

lo-94

Any update on this issue? Sorry to be a pain, getting game playtest ready and I'm trying to get everything as clean as possible.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, do you updated to latest 2.0.5 already? There was a bug in 2.0.4 with transparent fog support. I will have alook into that if you are on latest as it should not look like this. :D

About your other issue. Could you please test in latest version too? I am not sure but I retested and it is working now.. :D

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  26. lo-94

lo-94

Yeah I'm on the latest version with the project utilizing R.A.M.

Oh sweet! I'll update my Enviro in the project where I need to use multiple cameras and let you know

27. Vondox

Vondox

What Unity version are you using in your project with R.A.M? I tested in 2017.4.3 and all working fine for me...

upload_2018-8-6_23-38-24.png

upload_2018-8-6_23-35-38.png

Maybe send me your modified shader in private chat and I have a look. :)

llJIMBOBll likes this.
  28. lo-94

lo-94

I'm running 2018.1.1f1
    Will do

29. jStinson

jStinson

Hi @Vondox , I'm getting the following compiler errors in Unity 2018.2.1f1.

Shader error in 'Enviro/Particles/Alpha Blended': undeclared identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 70 (on gles3)

Shader error in 'Enviro/Particles/Additive': undeclared identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 68 (on gles3)

Shader error in 'Enviro/Particles/Lightning': undeclared identifier 'sampler_CameraDepthTexture' at line 68 (on gles3)

Please point me in the right direction to correct these errors. Thanks!

P_Jong likes this.
  30. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report, looks like I forgot to change that for gles3... I will send you a package with a fix now. :)

jStinson likes this.
  31. Vondox

Vondox

Hi everyone,

if you are using R.A.M River Auto Material with Enviro in Unity 2018 you maybe noticed some issues with point lights like @DespairBear. It took me some time to figure out what is going wrong here, but I finally found a solution.

I updated the guide (attached) now as you need to change a line for Unity 2018.

Hope it will become handy for you!

Attached Files:

Mark_01 and lo-94 like this.
  32. AIS_Rich

AIS_Rich

Hi, quick question for you. I may be missing something simple, but is there a way to set the maximum volume for ambient and weather audio? Not seeing anything in Enviro prefab, audiosources, Profile, or Presets.

Thanks!

33. Vondox

Vondox

Sure, please check EnviroSky inspector -> Audio Controls section.

34. AIS_Rich

AIS_Rich

Haha, right there in front of me. Thanks!

35. MizoreRainy

MizoreRainy

Hi, I want to know that is it possible to make the sky have only one plain color?

For an example, this image below looks like a gradient from blue to light blue
    upload_2018-8-10_11-11-41.png

Is it possible to make it change color to only blue?

Also, is it possible to have a multilayer of clouds?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry at the moment with that skybox shader it isn't really possible to get rid of the gradient. But it will be possible in 2.1 update. I will post here when beta starts.

You can mix the different clouds type to get somekind of multilayer clouds. So top cirrus type clouds, then flat clouds then volume clouds. In 2.1 there will be another type of clouds system you could mix in.

37. kiteorca

kiteorca

Hi @Vondox ,I have a little problem here:
    I currently have two scene,one is an indoor scene and the other is an outdoor scene,in the outdoor scene I use enviro for my game time system,lighting,and other stuff,but in my indoor scene I'm not gonna use enviro but still want to use the enviro time system,is this possible to do?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, I would suggest to use the "Don't Destroy on Load" option in EnviroSky -> "Rendering Setup" so that Enviro does not get destroyed when loading new scenes. If you are now switch to indoor scene you could call:
    EnviroSky.instance.Stop(false, false); // (bool disableLight = false, bool stopTime = true)

When you get back to your outdoor scene you just need to call:
    EnviroSky.instance.Play();

Last edited: Aug 10, 2018
    Mark_01 likes this.
  39. kiteorca

kiteorca

That's pretty neat! Gonna try that,thanks!

40. CreativeEnd

CreativeEnd

I recently switched from AQUAS to Lux Water. Do you have instructions for adding enviro fog support to the Lux water shader like you have for AQUAS? Thanks.

41. Vondox

Vondox

I have it working on my side, but haven't found time to write that into a guide yet. It is more like the R.A.M modification tho I posted a few posts before.

But I will do that in the next days when I find some time. :)

Mark_01 and mmaclaurin like this.
  42. kiteorca

kiteorca

@Vondox
    I tried the don't destroy method but for some reason the envirosky object didn't show up in the DontDestroyOnLoad in the hierarchy,also when i got back to my scene with the enviro object (I started from the outdoor scene with an enviro gameobject,then entered the indoor scene without enviro,and returned to the outdoor with enviro) the lighting of the scene is all messed up,I had to clear the GI cache to make the scene lighting back to normal.

Any ideas?

43. Vondox

Vondox

I will have a look into that and come back to you later. :)

44. kiteorca

kiteorca

Thanks,looking forward for your reply :)

EDIT: Some additional info here,the lighting onky messes up if I set Don't destroy to true,otherwise the lighting when i leave and reentered the outdoor scene is normal

45. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, I know why, I already changed that way back but it isn't for some reason in current version.. So need to change code to destroy the second instance. I will send you a fix soon.

46. kiteorca

kiteorca

Thanks,I also suspected that an instance of enviro not properly destroyed caused that bug.
    Can you also check the problem with enviro gameobject not showing in dontdestroyonload hierarchy when Don't Destroy is set to true?

I'm using the latest version of enviro (2.0.5) with latest version of unity ( 2018.2.2f1)

47. Vondox

Vondox

I have send you a fix in private message. Hm it does work with dontdestroyonload hierarchy for me.

upload_2018-8-10_21-38-52.png

48. kiteorca

kiteorca

Thanks,will report back if it fixes the issue

49. kiteorca

kiteorca

@Vondox
    Hi vondox,just wanted to tell you that your fix has fixed my problem! Thank you,enviro is awesome :)

EDIT: There seems to be a bug still occupying the code,when i reentered the outdoor scene a few times the Enviro Directional Light and Enviro Effects gameobject got duplicated,but the enviro sky object does exist as a single instance.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    Vondox likes this.
  50. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Tbh, I mainly need the sky with volumetric clouds (main reason I bought Enviro), I don't even use any of the other things (although cloud shadows would be nice extra). Besides all that, HDRP comes with it's own volumetrics.

What I'm really asking if there is any possibility to get the sky renderer portion you've made already?