Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. SveinEven

SveinEven

Hello! :)
    I recently purchased this, and I love it!
    But I am having some troubles with the time and sun system.
    With my Latitude and Longitude, the sun never really sets..
    I have changed to the current day (day number 165), I have to my latitude and longitude (58.341, 8,593) And utc +1.

Am I doing something wrong?

2. Vondox

Vondox

No problem, I will have a look and modify the shader for fog support later. :)

3. Vondox

Vondox

Please check the CalculateDirectLight() function and search for:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. MainLight.intensity = Mathf.Lerp (MainLight.intensity, lightIntensity, 5f * Time.deltaTime);
    and change to:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. MainLight.intensity = lightIntensity;

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, that coords should be Grimstad, Norway? You would need to set UTC + 2 here. After that the sunrise and set times are correct on my side.

https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/norway/grimstad

5. RendCycle

RendCycle

Great, thanks! :D Also, I hope this works in Unity 2018.1?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  6. SveinEven

SveinEven

Yes, thats correct. And I have tried with UTC +2, but the sun is still visible at 24:00 or 01:00.

7. emrys90

emrys90

Any chance we could get the weather update time to be a min/max? So that the amount of time between each weather update could have some randomness to it.

8. lo-94

lo-94

Thanks for your help, much appreciated. I think I'll throw in a bool checkbox in the editor that's something like "instant change". Thanks again for the support. Love your asset, really great artistic tool (especially with post-processing, the effects you can get with filters are really beautiful. Reminiscent of Brian Eno's "Thursday Afternoon" series).

9. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

Hi.
    Is there a way to deactivate the shadows that the sun casts at different weather presets (for examble storm)? You can't realy see a clearly visible shadow on a stormy day with dark clouds. I know, that I can make the terrain darker with Weather Light Mod, so that you can't see the shadow anymore, but then it is to dark. Or maybe an option to change the strength of the shadow would be nice.
    Dynamic shadows from lightning would also be nice or visible lightnings (not only a short change of the light). Something like I have seen in THOR Thunderstorm ^^

Edit: Can you also change the wind, so that it goes to different directions on random intervals?

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  10. Necka_

Necka_

Hello,

I got an issue while starting a new clean project (Unity 2017.4.5), after an initial setup (Gaia+CTS) I've added Enviro but I got a pitch black night which isn't normal to me. I never had this issue before and I usually could tweak the ambient lighting (trilight) to my liking.
    Here, I can't influence it, I don't know why

The only difference (I think) from my last project is that I enabled NetFramework 4.6 as I need it for two plugins.

The Enviro profile is with the default settings (which usually works out of the box)

Here is the result, my enviro light settings and my lighting settings

Image 296.jpg
    Image 297.jpg

11. Weendie-Games

Weendie-Games

Hi @Vondox ! Do you have any idea why is that happening?

If i disable Enviro Sky Rendering Component the "light leaking" disappears

12. SimumakDevs

SimumakDevs

Hi @Vondox ,

We need to disable these features according to the performance tests in our hardware. Could you share some screenshots with the most beautiful effects achivable with low clouds quality?

Cheers

13. Vondox

Vondox

Good idea, I will add that to my list. :)

emrys90 likes this.
  14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, yeah I will add somekind of modifier for shadows in weather presets in next update. To enable shadows for lightning you just need to enable that in "Lightning" object that is child of EnviroSky object. Visual lightning strikes will be added in next update too and improved control for wind in 2.1 update. For now you could animate the windzone that is included in enviro yourself.

SonGoku10c likes this.
  15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, could you please try to recalculate gi. Also maybe test with some other objects in scene.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the glow looks like volumetric lighting. Does the glow stop if you disable the directional volumetric light? You maybe need to have a look on your mesh to stop light leaking of directional lights in your interior scenes. Or you maybe also could try to use an interior zone here to set sun light to black when inside.

Weendie-Games likes this.
  17. SonGoku10c

SonGoku10c

I have another question: Is there a way to increase the blending time between two weather presets? Like from Clear Sky to Cloudy. It takes two seconds and the clouds are there. not realy realistic in my opinion. So something like a blend in timer in the presets would be nice, like 5 minutes to get the preset fully loaded.

Weendie-Games likes this.
  18. crazycrinkle

crazycrinkle

I also have a question (wow I wish there was a FAQ page with all questions and answers on it, it'd make being sure the question hadn't already been asked easier!). I have been experimenting and got good weather settings. The main problems I have are these:

1) I have a mostly cloudy (sky obscured except for small areas) scene, and have turned on cloud shadows, but even with the sun behind clouds, stark shadows are still showing up and patches of brightness on the ground appear completely randomized (e.g. the sun doesn't pop out of the clouds, but patches of light roam around as though it does). Is there any way to fix this.

2) At sunrise and sunset, the sun/moon starts to fade in (when going red) and shine through the clouds, when the moon/sun has rise a bit, it fades to being (correctly) behind the clouds. Is there a setting to obscure them correctly during this phase?

Also a further question, I can see I can add an "on hour passed" action of envirosky > Changeweather. But this wants a integer value, and this seems to change it to whatever weatherpattern is in that slot. What argument do i need to add in to make it change to a RANDOM preset?

I tried adding this to the changeweather section of the script:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         if (Weather.WeatherPrefabs[weatherId] = Weather.currentActiveWeatherPrefab)
    2.         {
    3.             weatherId = Random.Range(0,9);
    4.             Weather.currentActiveZone.currentActiveZoneWeatherPrefab = Weather.WeatherPrefabs[weatherId];
    5.             Weather.currentActiveZone.currentActiveZoneWeatherPreset = Weather.WeatherPrefabs[weatherId].weatherPreset;
    6.             EnviroSky.instance.NotifyZoneWeatherChanged (Weather.WeatherPrefabs[weatherId].weatherPreset, Weather.currentActiveZone);
    7.         }
    But it gives errors I do not understand. I also tried weatherId = weatherId +1; and this will only change the weather one time, it therefore seems that weather can only be changed once in any given run, yes?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2018
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Please check the "Weather" category in "Edit Profile" section and lower the transition speed settings for clouds and so on. :)

SonGoku10c likes this.
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the cloud shadows using light cookie texture are still work in progress and not perfect accurate, I know. Therefore cheap to render and can add some nice atmosphere to your scenes. For now there is no easy fix, but I planned to improve that feature.

Currently the clouds alpha will fade at horizon for a smoother blending of far away clouds. You can change that in EnviroRaymarchClouds shader. Search for this line:

color.a = 1.0 - GetAlpha(opticalDepth * ray.y);

and change to:

color.a = 1.0 - GetAlpha(opticalDepth);

That change should block the moon and sundisk, but you still would see the glow from sun in sky fog. That one isn't that easy to fix. But I added it to my list now. Thanks for your report. :)

If you enabled "Update Weather" in "Weather Controls" section it should change the weather based on the settings in each weather preset. You can change the update interval in EnviroZone component. Each "6" ingame hours(default) the system tries to change the weather and goes through that list of possible weather types for that season and zone.

upload_2018-6-16_15-5-11.png

21. amit-chai

amit-chai

Hi, I wonder how to rescale the entire system? currently, the scale is fixed to 5000x5000x5000, I'm not sure if I set it somewhere to this scale, or where to change it to a bigger size. I mean with the sky, stars, sun and etc all together.
    Thanks,
    Amit

22. RendCycle

RendCycle

Hi there! Just want to ask we're you able to make the fog work with Community Ocean Shader? I'm excited to use this system. :) I have some more minor remaining questions:

I read in the description that this supports any Unity Shuriken particle effects and so I can create any weather effects but couldn't find any more details on it. Does that mean I can have Dust Storms, Hail, and Tornadoes? How does this work?

Can the ambient sound effects be customized? Most of my game settings will be at sea and I'm planning to remove cricket sounds, etc. that are not applicable.

Does this come with any water caustics effects or maybe even underwater effects?

Lastly, is there some sort of Temperature property for a Weather that I can call through API?

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the scale is based on your camera viewdistance. But since enviro 2 the scale isn't important anymore.

24. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, sorry I am on the way to berlin now and not home for the next days. But I could send you the modified shader next weekend.

You can link your own weather particle effects to the weather presets. Those effects will follow the player, so ideal for things like dust, hail, rain and so on. For a tornado you maybe want to write a simple script to spawn your tornado effects at random locations when weather changes to a specific preset.

You can change the ambient sounds or leave them empty to play nothing. You also can assign different sounds for day/night and each season.

Sorry, no water caustics included and currently no temperature feature. But temperature system will be added in 2.1 update. :)

RendCycle and Firlefanz73 like this.
  25. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

I'd also be interested in the Ocean shader. Don't know if I Need it, but it Looks so cool :)

Good luck and have fun in berlin!

RendCycle likes this.
  26. RendCycle

RendCycle

Ok, thanks for the info! I'm actually choosing between Enviro and UniStorm. The developer of UniStorm said he will also include support for Community Ocean Shader but I just don't know if it will be released this June 2018. I'm not so much in a hurry for the "Temperature" feature but UniStorm already has one. But what's putting me off is most people say UniStorm is too complicated to use/customize... But the whole system is being rewritten for version 3.0 which has the earliest estimated release date of June 2018+. So I am really confused! :confused: hahaha Sorry for being so impatient but I can only acquire one Weather System and I must be able to use it for my current project. I will just get which one will first release a version that will fully support Community Ocean Shader. By the way, do you already have an estimated release date for 2.1 version of Enviro? Anyhow, enjoy your trip to Berlin!

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  27. lo-94

lo-94

EnviroCameraSwitchBlip.gif
    So I've noticed when switching between two cameras in a scene with the enviro renderer attached, you get these little blips. Is there any way around this? For this particular image I have two cameras in an identical location, and when disabling one to switch to the other I get this small blip in the cloud movement before it returns to the proper position

28. amit-chai

amit-chai

ho, great :)

29. claudius_I

claudius_I

hello
    i have this errors when imported enviro in unity 2017.1.4

i fixed...

changed

#if UNITY_2017_1_1 || UNITY_2017_1_2

to
    #if UNITY_2017_1_4 || UNITY_2017_1_2

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  30. gecko

gecko

Is there a way to adjust the fog color in v2.x? The docs show a gradient in 1.8, but I can't find it in 2.x. (I need to tint it beige, it's too white now.)

31. emrys90

emrys90

Hey, do you have any updates on when the next version will be out?

32. secondsight_

secondsight_

Hey there,
    I have a problem: No fog is visible in game view but works in play mode. https://imgur.com/a/8OO5NT4

I cannot see any kind of fog in the editor or game view. But it works iafter hitting play. I have setup a new project in Unity 2017.4, linear color space and defered rendering. Even activating the unity fog or adding global fog does not show up anymore.

Also, my editor view is very dark compared to the camera view (see last screenshot). Never had any of these problems before, so I´m a bit baffled what to do.

Any ideas ? Thanks !

33. rasto61

rasto61

yea, enviro does not do that

34. AxelBoltok

AxelBoltok

Hello, when i change to an interior scene where there is not a enviro prefab the particles with enviro/particles effects become some sort of black bugged animation, this only happens on the build, and in scenes where the enviro prefabs are not present, but the enviro/particles materials are (and only to them), is there a way to fix this without having to create multiple variants of materials?, thanks.

35. jason07

jason07

Hi,

When using the Playmaker actions that come with Enviro, is there a way to lerp between weather presets? I'm using the SetWeatherByName action and currently the change between weather presets is very quick and I would like to be able to create a slower transition. Thanks.

36. emrys90

emrys90

I'm having some performance issues with Enviro when used with Vegetation Studio, any thoughts as to what is going on?
    upload_2018-6-22_21-24-5.png

EDIT:
    I tracked it down, even though we have global illumination disabled in the lighting settings, this is being called every frame:
    DynamicGI.UpdateEnvironment ();
    I commented that line out and it went down to 0.15ms.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2018
  37. DevilCult

DevilCult

Im using a 3rd person and first person camera, the 3rd person is a prefab not in scene and second is in scene. I set the enviro extra camera component on the prefab one, everything seem fine except clouds that doesnt shift when the weather change, i have to swap camera in game to get the effect fully visible on both cam.

Using the latest unity. Could that be why? @DespairBear seem to have an almost similar problem than me

38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I can reproduce that issue on my side and will have a look into this after weekend.

39. Vondox

Vondox

Will be fixed in next update. Should be online next week.

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can modify the fog color in each weatherpreset. Please check the "Weather Fog Mod" gradient. The alpha value will control the mix intensity of original and modded fog color.

upload_2018-6-23_14-11-32.png

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, hard to see on your screenshot, but do you have enabled scene lighting in your scene view window?

upload_2018-6-23_14-23-31.png

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, if I understand corectly you use the enviro particle shaders in a scene without EnviroSky instance? That won't work as envirosky set some needed shader variables. You would need to use different materials here.

43. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you can modify the transition speed in EnviroSky inspector -> "Edit Profile" -> "Weather category".

44. Vondox

Vondox

Do you still use an old enviro version? That one should be fixed already. :)

45. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, I just came home. I will modify the shader for you later this weekend. Sorry no estimated release date for 2.1. But 2.0.4 will be released next week. :)

46. emrys90

emrys90

Ah, yeah. We are on 1.7.2. We planned on updating once your new version releases.

47. jason07

jason07

Cool, thanks. Is there a way to lerp between time of day using the SetTimeDate Playmaker action to get smooth transitions?

48. lo-94

lo-94

Awesome, thank you. Appreciate the fantastic support, much better than my previous experience with other weather assets. Cheers

49. DevilCult

DevilCult

The camera script to add to the others camera doesnt move the cloud, it stick in place but is still dynamically animated just doesnt move in the sky, any way to fix this?

50. Unity-IBR

Unity-IBR

Hi all, hopefully someone in the community can help me with this.

I use Enviro and I encounter a problem with the bloom of the post processing effect of my camera when the sun should be behind the ground. An explanatory image attached shows the diffidence between the reality and my vision.
    The sun should be completely hidden from the terrain at that point.

This turns out to be a big problem because I do not have the possibility to render the bloom before the shadows of the terrain and therefore I can't solve.

Does anyone know if there is a way to be able to have a strong bloom on the sun and a low on the water?
    Is it possible to implement a b/w mask on post processing bloom?
    Thank you all

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018