Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Nigey

Nigey

I guess it depends what exactly Vive Focus supports, as they have their android built in and are not super open to their specs (as it's only rolled out to China right now I think). I'll let you guys know once I get it working :).

2. Vondox

Vondox

Please send me a mail if you need further assistance. We also can have a look to remove volumetric lighting here to make it build.

3. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

We are having an issue with Gaia and Enviro, the rain and snow particles are rotated and can't edit them, it's a huge terrain, 16x16km.

4. lo-94

lo-94

Any word on getting altitude back for volume clouds? My birds current disappear behind the volume clouds

5. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

@Vondox any recommended settings for performance? does GDR, sunshafts, fog and volumetric clouds are too expensive?

6. Vondox

Vondox

Do you see same issue in sample scene? Does the snow/rain go up or what do you mean by "rotated".

7. Vondox

Vondox

I think I have seen that before. It was related to the shader on the birds that is rendered in opaque queue but not writing to depth buffer. Please try to change the shader or send it to me and I can have a look to fix it.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Most expensive are volumetric clouds. There are multiple quality modes and a custom one to tweak the settings by yourself. You also could use the flat clouds for lower end targets. Maybe add a quality menu to your game to let users choose.

9. The-Sovereign

The-Sovereign

Nope, sample scene is working as intended, by "rotated" I mean that the effects of rain and snow move on the axis Z instead of the axis Y, that is, they go horizontal.

Edit: In GAIA 1.6 worked well.

10. Vondox

Vondox

Maybe check if you have another wind zone in your scene. You also could check this by disabling the "External Forces" module in particle effects.

11. unity_dev3194

unity_dev3194

You most likely shouldn't be using deferred rendering in VR. Forward rendering has several advantages over deferred, the main one being that you cannot use MSAA with deferred rendering.

12. rasto61

rasto61

You can comfortably be using deferred rendering path with vr. You just need good aa (eg, playdeads taa).

13. 7fan

7fan

Hello, I bought few times ago Enviro and I have an error when trying to build on Android for Oculus platform. I have three error syntax linked to Enviro which block me for building a test app, with Enviro in the project asset. It build as soon as I take off Enviro. Please come back to me to solve this issue.

Attached Files:

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the desktop version of Enviro does not support ES2. But I could send you a version that should work well on ES3. I will send you a link for download in private message later.

Edit: Looks like that you deactivated private messages. Please contact me for the updated version. :)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2018
  15. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

Hello there,
    I know a bit of C# so I can code by my self but I need some advice to start...
    I would like to change the textures and the emission of a material that i use for the windows of the buildings, when the sun get near the horizon, and switch back when the sun rises...

So, any good souls here can help me? :rolleyes:

I've also a big issue:
    as shown here: upload_2018-6-4_15-49-55.png

it happens if camera is facing the sun!

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  16. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you could use the OnDayTime and OnNightTime events to switch your materials. Or simply check the EnviroSky.instance.isNight boolean or use the EnviroSky.instance.GameTIme.solarTime float to evaluate if sun is above horizon.

Can you reproduce that graphic glitch in a small project that you could send to me?

MaximilianPs likes this.
  17. MaximilianPs

MaximilianPs

I've discovered that the cause of the issue is a Mesh... honestly i'm confused.
    What can it be?

[Edit]
    // I've fixed the mesh, which have some flipped normals :oops::D

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  18. Rodolinc

Rodolinc

Hi @Vondox , how can I disable the "EnviroSky -> FeatureControls->SunLightShafts" from script?

edit: I did it this way and it works but I'm not sure is the right way is it?
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.LightShafts.sunLightShafts = false;

Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  19. marcmantraunity

marcmantraunity

Hi @Vondox! I'm trying to customize the fog on a text scene to learn Enviro 2.0.3 on Unity 2017.1.3. I'm trying to to add the effect but I only can see when I turn on Lighting/Fog, the generic one. Also I'm working on deferred.
    I test using the Lighting/Fog, the Global Fog script on camera, and the postFX, but nothing seems to give me a control with Enviro/Fog panel... Which is the way to use it correctly?
    Thanks in advance!

20. Hypertectonic

Hypertectonic

Hey there @Vondox

So I've recently been integrating Enviro Sky into a VR project and have stumbled upon the following issues:
    • Trailing of model against skybox, as reported by others above (like MaximilianPs image)
    • Light shafts don't appear to work properly in single pass VR
    • The moon glow is not correctly aligned with the moon, its off like it is trailing behind.
    • When the sun begins to approach the horizon it also begins to separate in stereo, when its almost on the ground it is very noticeable.
    • The fog or skybox also seems to have improper stereo positioning near the horizon. Could be related to the above...
    • When using the directional volume light, the sun glow / bloom is enormous (like 3x the size of the sun disk), and appears to shift in size depending on the gaze direction. This seems to happen even with single pass off. Also the sun glow sometimes appears in front of objects it shouldn't, for example inside a house I can see the sun glow, when it is near the horizon.
    This is using of course the VR prefab and project is on forward rendering, set to single pass. Unity 2017.4.4, tested on a Vive.

Other general comments
    • Is there a way to modify the day / night length during runtime with scripting, as well as the time progress mode? I really need to be able to accelerate / slow down or pause it on demand.
    • The rain looks good on the screen but completely unconvincing in VR, the snow is not as bad but could be better too. Wish the rain was improved.
    • There are so many features in this asset, its great. But there doesn't seem to be any comprehensive documentation. It would be really great if some effort was put into explaining what all the features do.
    • Would be nice if the moon light intensity would be tied to the moon phase, it's weird to have moonlight on a moonless night...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
  21. emrys90

emrys90

Hey I'm having a bit of a weird issue with cloud builds. Builds done using a cloud build have the wrong starting time of day, and weather seems to never change. It's as if something is going wrong with its date time settings when built using Unity's cloud build system. Inside of Unity, and standalone Windows builds I do myself, work perfectly. Do you have any thoughts as to what is going on?

22. Salja

Salja

For Unity 2017.1.4f1 need the same || UNITY_2017_1_4

Vondox likes this.
  23. Crembo

Crembo

Doodle: 4km^2 Gaia terrain, Relief Terrain Pack, Realistic Water all integrated w/Enviro (I built the Enviro<->Realistic Water integration myself in like 15 seconds thanks to the included cloud reflection script!)

Runs at 80+ fps in-editor.
    4kTerrainEnviroDoodle.PNG

nirvanajie, Vondox and clickmatch like this.
  24. clickmatch

clickmatch

*Sets up his chair and sits to drink coffee by the lake*

Very nice.

25. Vondox

Vondox

Yeah, it's the right way. :)

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, the fog effect is included in EnviroSkyRendering component. But instead of adding those components yourself, you just need to assign your camera and player in enviro. (Use your camera as player too if you have no player object.)

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, thanks for your report. I can reproduce those issues:
    • When the sun begins to approach the horizon it also begins to separate in stereo, when its almost on the ground it is very noticeable.
    • The fog or skybox also seems to have improper stereo positioning near the horizon. Could be related to the above...
    • Light shafts don't appear to work properly in single pass VR
    Tested in Unity 2017.4.3: Looks like it is related to openvr sdk, as it is working well wirth oculus sdk. I also tested 2017.3.1 and I don't see those issues with openvr here. I will search for a workaround, but at the moment not sure whats going wrong here. :/

"Trailing of model against skybox, as reported by others above (like MaximilianPs image)"
    Do you maybe could provide me that model, to reproduce that on my side? That would be great help! I think MaximilianPs fixed his issue by fixing some flipped normals on one of his meshes.

"The moon glow is not correctly aligned with the moon, its off like it is trailing behind."
    Improvements on moon are on my list already.

"When using the directional volume light, the sun glow / bloom is enormous (like 3x the size of the sun disk), and appears to shift in size depending on the gaze direction. This seems to happen even with single pass off. Also the sun glow sometimes appears in front of objects it shouldn't, for example inside a house I can see the sun glow, when it is near the horizon."
    Please try to lower the volume lighting settings. "EnviroSky" Inspector -> "Edit Profile" -> "Volumetric Lighting" category.

"Is there a way to modify the day / night length during runtime with scripting, as well as the time progress mode? I really need to be able to accelerate / slow down or pause it on demand."
    Yes, of course.
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.ProgressTime = EnviroTime.TimeProgressMode.None;
    2. //
    3. EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.DayLengthInMinutes = 0.5f;
    4. EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.NightLengthInMinutes = 0.5f;
    Thanks for your other ideas. I will keep them iin mind for one of the next updates.

28. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, no idea right now. :/

29. Paratope

Paratope

Hi Vondox,

Aquas underwater effects seem to break fog and fog related weather effects in enviro. Any advice?

30. parzival123

parzival123

Hi,

I do have the following problem: I use vegetation studio, enviro and aquas. To improve the performance I made layers for trees, grass, rocks. As you can see in the picture there are now some strange rendering problems and the guys from VS said, I have to mask the layers in a enviro light too. But I just have the enviro directional light in my scene, and it dosent make any difference when I "mask the layers" on it. Do you have any ideas how to solve the problem? Thank you and greetings

Marc

Attached Files:

31. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to add the AQUAS Integration component to your water object. (Component menu -> Enviro -> Integration -> AQUAS)

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please try to mask those layers in "Lightning" object that is child of EnviroSky prefab.

33. Harekelas

Harekelas

Hi there, I've bought enviro a long time ago but didn't integrate it into my project.
    After several updates, I can see enviro is getting much more powerful and beautiful than before, so I'm planning to dig into it and try to use it into my project.
    I also have some questions would like to be answered before I start.
    1. I see that enviro is integrated with fog volume 3, I own that asset too, I would like to know how the integration work, do I have to build FV3's clouds or fog profiles first then link it into enviro's system or enviro can transform its own volumetric cloud info into FV3 and handle the visual?
    2. I'll need authentic sun, moon positions in the sky during a whole year, does enviro have a built in simulation or can it let me set the sun/moon angle through my own codes? Does enviro calculate the planets and simulate the galaxy's movements by default?
    Thanks in advance :)

34. crazycrinkle

crazycrinkle

Hi I've figured out how to turn clouds on, but there seems to be an issue. The clouds are really blurry, is there any way to up the resolution? Also, the distance before clouds fade out to fog is quite near, is there any way to adjust this? Theres only two options in quality section and neither is resolution.

35. crazycrinkle

crazycrinkle

Also, I'm having trouble with the windzone. Either I have it on "Directional" and it waves in a violent preset pattern of some kind that ignores the variables in the windzone object. Or i turn off the windzone, or switch it to spherical, in which case there is no movement at all.

36. Ekincan

Ekincan

Hey there.
    We are looking for a Volumetric Lightning solution and our scenes usualy have a lot of point lights which obviously if not baked result in horrible performance.

Does your assets Volumetric Lightning work with "Baked" Light Sources (Point, Directional, Spot) ?
    With shadows taken into account (volumetric light gets blocked by objects).

Last edited: Jun 10, 2018
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,
    you can create a new fog volume setup for clouds or fog with one click to start with or use your own setup and just link it. The integration component will drive colors and intensity/coverage.

Enviro simulates accurate sun and moon position. And also rotates the night sky correctly. But no other planets or galaxy movements.

boysenberry likes this.
  38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check out the clouds quality settings here: EnviroSky inspector -> "Edit Profile" -> "Clouds" category. Here you can choose from multiple presets or set to "custom" quality and change resolution yourself.

Do you talk about the windzone that is included with envirosky prefab? Please try to deactivate your other windzone and try setting the wind strength in each weather preset.r

39. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry that would not work. Currently we need realtime shadows for volumetric lighting that can get blocked by objects.

40. Harekelas

Harekelas

Does this mean I'll get accurate sun angle on certain latitude in a specific date during a year, and the correct day/night length according to the date (sun rise around 5 am on June 20, high latitude area like higher than 70 degrees area will have polar day in summer polar night in winter)?

41. Vondox

Vondox

Yes. :)

42. Hypertectonic

Hypertectonic

I'll try to test it in 2017.4.3 and also the newer 2017.4.5 and see if it is there also.

Well its a massive model, I'm sure there are some normals flipped somewhere. I do occasionally need the normals flipped for some things though... I'll do some more testing in the project see if I can reproduce with other geometry.

There's a lot of settings there. I guess I'll fiddle around.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  43. lo-94

lo-94

Got a quick question, is there any way to reduce the rate at which the directional light intensity changes when EnviroSky.SetTime is called? If you know off the top of your head where in the source I might find that I could tweak it myself. I need the lighting to change as close to instant as I can get it

Love the asset

44. marcmantraunity

marcmantraunity

Thanks @Vondox I solved it yesterday, I was confused and I unsdertand how it goes :) simply amazing !

45. RendCycle

RendCycle

46. SimumakDevs

SimumakDevs

Hi @Vondox , I´m going to send a DM with a repro project related to Enviro and RenderTextures using the Unlit Shader. Changing the rendering queue from geometry to transparent fixes the issue, but it´s a horrible workaround ;)

Let me know if you are able to reproduce the issue (we´re using Unity 18.1.2f1)

Cheers

47. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, directional light color and intensity will be updated each frame. EnviroSky.cs -> CalculateDirectLight() function. Are you sure that it is related to direct lighting? Do you use skybox ambient lighting?

48. Vondox

Vondox

Just tested and it is working quite well for me. But you would need to modify the ocean shader to add support for fog.

49. RendCycle

RendCycle

That is a problem as I don't know enough yet about coding Shaders. :( If it gets fully supported, I will include Enviro Sky & Weather in my list of Assets to purchase this ongoing June promo.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  50. lo-94

lo-94

Yeah I do. The case I'm using it for is kind of unusual. I have portals going into the same environment (that are placed inside an environment with shaders that don't use ambient lighting). So I need the ambient and directional light that goes through the portals, but I change the time of day based on where the player is looking. So if they turn towards the "morning" portal, the set time method is called. But the light shift is gradual and I need it to be more like a switch flipping