Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Winseral

Winseral

Thanks, I will confirm I am running the latest version and re-import the asset package.

mattis89 likes this.
  2. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to set the 0.45f to 0.55f in both GameTime.solarTime checks. That should delay the day-night event call. The GameTime.SolarTime represents the sun position in sky from 0 to 1. So 0 = midnight, 1 = midday and 0.5 would be dawn/dusk.

I will expose that setting in next update for easy editing.

3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thank You Vondox

Much appreciated, now I get it. That's actually what was trying to say without actually saying or even understanding it.

Cheers, All the best.

4. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Also that worked a treat. Thanks Vondox.

5. mattis89

mattis89

Yeah I did that too.. But I started one more porject and tought I have to check this 2018 out.. I=ll post something soon..

6. raijogamer0909

raijogamer0909

thanks i'll already fix the issue i try to redownload the asset and re-import and it fix the Performance issue XD

7. play_unity729

play_unity729

I have this really freak bug, anyone knows why? I'm integrating the weather to MFPS.

Show a solid black color with that strong white line

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-20 a la(s) 03.10.32.png

On the console show this more than +9999 in just 30 seconds:
    Captura de pantalla 2018-05-20 a la(s) 03.14.45.png

8. play_unity729

play_unity729

I have this really freak bug, anyone knows why? I'm integrating the weather to MFPS.

Show a solid black color with that strong white line, on console show all this error:

View attachment 279355

9. play_unity729

play_unity729

Also some Textures like metal are casting color lights like a disco ball or like a police turret since I use this add-on

10. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

I am no expert but I did have a similar issue with aa single triangle being white. It turned out to be the HDR camera settings? if I remember right? So does ti dstill do it with HDR enabled/disabled on the camera? I cant help any further as I said I am no expert.

11. RendCycle

RendCycle

Can the Vegetation Growth System be used also for any type of objects (instead of just plants) even animated moving ones that players will also be able to interact with? Also, can Enviro be used for an isometric, top-down, or 2.5 perspective type of games?

12. Necka_

Necka_

Hi,

I have some issues with Instanced indirect vegetation from Vegetation studio when I have point lights in the scene.

For the test I just made a simple scene with some vegetation studio instanced indirect grass, a point light and Enviro

I use Deferred rendering.

As soon as I move my camera towards a point light I got huge slowdown and some big artifacts popping

Profiler tells me that the issue is with the Skybox rendering

Image 191.jpg Image 193.jpg Image 196.jpg Image 197.jpg

If I disable Instanced indirect grass the problem is gone

Any ideas?

13. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to set your project to DX11 or deactivate volumetric lighting (Not supported on DX9). That should fix the error spam. Do you use the post processing effect stack bloom?

14. Vondox

Vondox

The growth component works with a prefab. You could use it for all type of obects. Enviro only supports perspective cameras. So as long as you don't use the orthographic projection it should work well.

15. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

I messaged a bit with @Necka_
    He will try to make a test project for me to debug tomorrow. Something strange is happening here.

Lennart

Vondox likes this.
  16. RendCycle

RendCycle

Thanks for the answer and I'm glad it can handle the initial requirements I have. But before buying I have a last question. I have some doubts about this though whether Enviro can handle them without some modifications: Does the system have a way to activate events for specific seasons, weather climates, and zones like maybe produce a heatwave, tornado, freeze selected water areas, cause turbulent waves on water, and/or add/melt icebergs?

17. Vondox

Vondox

First note that enviro is a player based system. So clouds and weather effects are scene wide. With the zone feature you can define zones with different weather pattern and different current active weather. But your player need to enter that zone to see the effects.

There are multiple events your own game logic could use to create such effects. For example: season changes, weather changes for a particular zone, weather change for current active zone, when your player enters a new zone and so on.

I hope that answer your question. :)

18. play_unity729

play_unity729

Captura de pantalla 2018-05-20 a la(s) 15.07.05.png
    It's set as DX11 (inclusive i'm on a Mac) and yes I'm using Bloom, I deactivate the bloom effect and looks like it's fixed, but now I see half of the sky on Black and White

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hm is that latest enviro version and latest version of post processing stack? If you are on mac it should use metal graphics api by default. Please contact me in a private chat and we can have a detailed look in your project setup. I don't have other reports about such issues on mac. :/

20. Velcrohead

Velcrohead

Hi,

We've set the lat long locations to our current location in the UK but the sun position seems very off. The sun is being presented as having a very low arc, and only day light for a few hours. (whereas right now in the midst of summer we are having sunshine for like 12 hours!).

Is this a known issue or have we not set something up properly?

21. Vondox

Vondox

Do you use skybox ambient mode? Looks like that the gi update doesn't get called in your first image. Does it work if you increase the minutes slider? However I will have a look later if there is something wrong.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Latest enviro version? Could you please send me screenshot of your Time & Location Settings? @gecko and me have tested various locations and dates and it should work correct...

Edit: Just tested for London. Today we should have sun rise at 5:00 and sunset at 20:54 same for enviro. Here are my settings:

upload_2018-5-21_15-6-27.png

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  23. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

how can I grab the time value from the asset and display it on the unity UI?

24. Vondox

Vondox

Code (CSharp):
    1. string time = EnviroSky.instance.GetTimeString ();
    3. //or
    5. string time = EnviroSky.instance.GetTimeStringWithSeconds ();
    Both will give you a string that you could use to set your ui text component.

pushingpandas likes this.
  25. gecko

gecko

yes, it's still correct for me.

26. RendCycle

RendCycle

This clarifies the majority of my concerns. I guess I can also query what active weather there are on the adjacent/nearby zones to the player aside from the zone he is currently located? Does Enviro come with that function?

Sorry, one more question. Can I customize some of the elements in the weather system to have a more stylized or maybe even low poly look?

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  27. gecko

gecko

Got an ETA on v2.1 (with weather integration with MicroSplat)?

28. Shaundev

Shaundev

I'm having a problem with the ambient lighting at sunrise, it's really obvious that it's updating on an interval as there isn't a smooth transition with objects in my scene changing colour. The slower my day length in minutes, the more pronounced the ambient interval colour change is. It's only really noticeable at sunrise, I guess that's because the colour change is much more pronounced.

My Ambient Mode is set to Skybox. Also I've noticed DynamicGI.UpdateEnvironment(); in EnviroSky doesn't run on every update so I guess it's related to this?

29. pccross

pccross

I noticed the Enviro lighting is looking a lot different in my build versus what I see in the editor 'Play' mode.
    Subsequently, I'm trying to ratchet down the directional lighting a bit through the Enviro Directional Light.
    The 'Intensity' setting in Inspector seems to be 'hard coded', as I'm not able to change it. Is there a way to unlock it?
    I see there is a note at the bottom of Inspector regarding controlling directional light in EnviroSky manager -> Lighting Category. I'm using EnviroSky VR, but I'm not seeing that option in that GameComponent.
    Any suggestions?

upload_2018-5-22_8-15-41.png

Venil-Prasath likes this.
  30. Vondox

Vondox

As you can layout zones freely and not forced to use multiple zones, enviro does not know if there is another zone next to your player. You would need to create your own component to keep track of that.

Weather effects using unity particle systems, so you can swap or modfiy them freely. The clouds however are designed for a realisitic look. You can reduce detail to get more "low poly" look but wasn't designed for that in first place.

31. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry no eta yet. But you can download the microsplat component for 2.0.3 here:

MicroSplat Integration

32. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! As DynamicGI.UpdateEnvironment() is quite performance heavy I only call that in a fixed intervall, but I will expose the update intervall in next update, so you can increase and get better results with slow time progression.

For now only solution would be to change that in code. Tell me if you need help. :)

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hm should not look that different in builds. Maybe related to unity lighting settings?

You can find all the settings in EnviroSky component -> "Edit Profile" section.

upload_2018-5-22_19-21-17.png

Venil-Prasath likes this.
  34. gecko

gecko

Ah, great! I missed that.

So I've imported that, set the Snow and Wetness properties to "G" -- but I don't see any snow accumulation after selecting Heavy Snow in Enviro. Any suggestions how to debug it?

(I'm using 2017.4 on Mac 10.13.4. I do have a multi-tile terrain set up with World Streamer....but I don't see how that would interfere with snow accumulation on whatever tiles with Microsplat shader are in the scene....)

35. Vondox

Vondox

Okay hard to say whats going wrong. The new component just sets the microsplat shader variables globally and calls the MicroSplatTerrain.SyncAll() to update. Could you maybe test it in a simple scene with only one terrain ?

36. gecko

gecko

Tested, no better. Hmm. I've still got 2.0.2 -- do I need 2.0.3 for this? (Can do that if necessary, just means updating some other integrations we've done to connect Enviro to fog plugin.)

37. ZeonIr

ZeonIr

im getting thes errors on build Hlep pls!

was ok tell today i cant build anymore PC Win 64 UInity 2017.2.2.4p Enviro 2.0.3

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  38. Kalle801

Kalle801

How can i make the Night completelly dark pls?

39. Vondox

Vondox

Should work with 2.0.2 too. Do you have added the component to your scene and is it active? Does wetness/flow working or do you only tested snow module?

40. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to set the clouds shadows intensity to zero and/or delete the "Enviro Directional Light" and start "Play" mode. Then try to set shadows back to your intensity value and restart unity editor. Does it build correct then?

41. Vondox

Vondox

Do you want darker sky or scene lighting? For sky you could check the "Sky Luminence" and lower left half values. For scene check the "Lighting" category and lower left ambient and direct light intensity/color.

But for best results I would using some kind of color grading like the included effect in unity post processing stack.

42. iichiversii

iichiversii

Evening, I'm currenly looking for the best solution for clouds in a helicopter simulation I'm developing, I've been researching Enviro Sky and Weather and looked for clips and reviews in relation to this plugin, during my research I've only seen clips takenot from ground level looking up at the beautiful clouds, they look fantastic however I'm curious to know can these clouds be flown into, is this possible and if so can someone point me in the right direction to a clip demonstrating this please

43. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, enviro currently does not support fly-throughs. I planned to change that in future but no ETA yet. For now maybe take a look on Fog Volume 3.

44. rosssssss

rosssssss

Hi,
    Thanks for the great plugin it's really looking awesome. We're having one issue, though (apologies if this has been asked before - I couldn't find the answer.)
    In our project we have various areas which we transition between, in some we want to use Enviro Sky and in some we don't.
    In Unity they are in separate scenes but those scenes are just loaded additively at the start of the experience so to move between them we are just enabling/disabling game objects. (Among them we have three distinct Enviro Sky areas and profiles.)
    What I can't work out is what is the best way to do this. There is only one camera used throughout the whole experience. How do I tell Enviro Sky to completely deactivate itself and give me back control of the skybox etc, and then when i want it to, to switch it all back on?
    Thanks!

45. Shaundev

Shaundev

Thanks for clarifying, I can fix this in the code myself :)

Is there somewhere in the docs I can find out the use cases for different Ambient Mode options? I'm curious if I use a different setting to Skybox if that would help minimise how noticeable the interval update is (allowing me to keep the interval set to an optimal level).

Also is there a flag in the code I can hook in to for whether it's sunrise/sunset so I can set the update to be more regular at these times when the change is more noticeable?

Thanks!

46. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

for now please add those two functions at the bottom of EnviroSky script:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public void Play(EnviroTime.TimeProgressMode progressMode = EnviroTime.TimeProgressMode.Simulated)
    2.     {
    3.         SetupSkybox();
    5.         if (!Components.DirectLight.gameObject.activeSelf)
    6.            Components.DirectLight.gameObject.SetActive(true);
    8.         GameTime.ProgressTime = progressMode;
    9.         EffectsHolder.SetActive(true);
    10.         EnviroSkyRender.enabled = true;
    11.         started = true;
    12.     }
    14.     public void Stop(bool disableLight = false, bool stopTime = true)
    15.     {
    16.         if(disableLight)
    17.             Components.DirectLight.gameObject.SetActive(false);
    18.         if (stopTime)
    19.             GameTime.ProgressTime = EnviroTime.TimeProgressMode.None;
    21.         EffectsHolder.SetActive(false);
    22.         EnviroSkyRender.enabled = false;
    23.         lightShaftsScriptSun.enabled = false;
    24.         lightShaftsScriptMoon.enabled = false;
    25.         started = false;
    26.     }
    Now you could just calling those to stop and restart enviro. These will included in next update, but maybe a little bit changed.

47. Vondox

Vondox

There is no flag but you could use the GameTime.solarTime value. (Range 0-1) At about 0.5 it should be dawn/dusk.

The other modes that using colors should not have those problems. The skybox mode is special as unity need to sample the skybox.

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  48. emrys90

emrys90

Hey just wondering if you have any ETA on when the next update will be out. Deciding if I'm gonna update now or wait for the next version.

49. russnash37

russnash37

I'm having a problem similar to that mentioned in the following previous post:

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rel...nd-weather-system.317986/page-34#post-3334566

Specifically, I am receiving hundreds of the following exceptions:

Code (csharp):
    1. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    2. EnviroZone.CreateZoneWeatherTypeList () (at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroZone.cs:146)
    3. EnviroZone.LateUpdate () (at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroZone.cs:266)
    5. NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    6. EnviroSky.GetActiveWeatherID () (at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:2733)
    7. EnviroSkyEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Editor/EnviroSkyEditor.cs:783)
    8. UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor[] editors, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean rebuildOptimizedGUIBlock, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1253)
    9. UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)
    I have tried the suggestion mentioned in the post I linked to above, I've removed all of the Weather Presets as recommended, however, the error still occurs even with just the Clear Sky preset present or one of the other presets in its place.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give, I love this asset!

Russ.

50. gecko

gecko

Regarding the Enviro-MicroSplat integration: I tried in a clean project, downloading the latest Enviro from the Asset Store, and I have the latest version of MicroSplat. On the MS material, I clicked the G button on Amount and Height Range. Ran the scene, switched weather to Heavy Snow. Still no accumulation of snow on the terrain. Did I miss a step? Using 2017.4.3 on Mac 10.13.4, with and without Metal Editor enabled (though I don't think that should make a difference).

How fast should snow appear? And is there a way I can tune that value in Enviro? (Are there any controls for MS-snow in Enviro now?)

thanks

Last edited: May 24, 2018