Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. FMark92

FMark92

How far have you set the camera's far plane?

2. jmpedros

jmpedros

Hi! I found that the problem is directly related with advanced fog from enviro. When i turn it on, the water disappear in the horizon. It seems that the image effect is rendered over the water plane. Anyone knows how to solve this?

water_bug_2.jpg

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hi, please update enviro. You are using a very old version. ;)

4. eaque

eaque

Hi,

Just wanted to know if there was an enviro channel on discord?
    :)

5. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I dont get it. Do I need to make own layer for enviro?

6. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

Enviro sky is currently layer "Ignore Raycast"?

7. Vondox

Vondox

Nope, I haven't created a discord channel for enviro yet.

8. Vondox

Vondox

Please check your Project Settings -> Physics -> Layer Collision Matrix. "Default" and "Ignore Raycasting" need to be checked. But you also could use your own layers if you wish.

9. DaanPol

DaanPol

I am having some great results with your asset in the UWS Ultimate Water System! Performance is absolutely fantastic in VR as well.
    sim_1.jpg
    sim_3.jpg
    sim_2.jpg

If you submerge you can still see the clouds through the water :) . Very happy with the ease of use of implementation as well!

Vondox likes this.
  10. clickmatch

clickmatch

This is very pretty! What water asset are you using?

11. MrG

MrG

12. DaanPol

DaanPol

13. patelk

patelk

Hello,

I have an urgent situation where I am running into an OPENGL build error on Unity 2017.31f1 with the Demo Scene.
    3 Different error as posted on the attached screenshot.

Please post a fix for this.

Attached Files:

14. holyfot

holyfot

I'm having trouble getting rid of the yellow horizon and sunset. Any suggestions? YellowHorizon.jpg

15. _dandroid

_dandroid

First of all: wonderful asset. I've been able to make some amazing looking lighting/skies.

I do have a tiny problem that I can't figure out. I seem to be losing the volumetric lighting when I build in 2018.1.0f2. I've tested on both Windows and Mac. Everything works and looks amazing in the editor, but as soon as I build then I lose all of the volumetric effects on the sun or, at the very least, it looks drastically different. Any ideas what might be happening?

16. Rowlan

Rowlan

I'd like to improve my night scenes, so here are some feature requests in case these would be considered :D

* Aurora Borealis
    * comet and comet trail
    * falling stars
    * lightning strikes

nirvanajie and Vondox like this.
  17. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, OpenGLES != OpenGLCore. ;) Please switch to OpenGLCore if you target PC or Mac. If you need a version for Android you can contact me and I could provide you with a early version of new mobile enviro that should work.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Please check your mails. ;)

19. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you already have included the EnviroVolumeLight shader in "Always Included shaders" list? Please take a look into basic documentation for more information.

20. patelk

patelk

I am creating a WEB GL build and not a PC or MAC build. What is the solution for this?

21. _dandroid

_dandroid

Oh, man. That was it. Not sure why I didn't think to look.

Thanks a bunch.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to remove WebGL 1.0 and OpenGLES from Graphics API list in your Unity settings. Keep only WebGL 2.0. (Edit -> Project Settings -> Player -> Uncheck Auto Graphic APIs).
    Same for Editor Graphics Emulation. Select "WebGL 2.0" or "No Emulation". Should build and run fine then.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  23. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hoping you can explain this. Not sure what I'm doing wrong as this seems simple, but..?
    Everything seems to be working ok. My scene is in play mode. I go to the time controls and edit the 'UTC offset and latitude', to set a new sun position. I apply all settings and save to profile and then turn off play mode.
    The sun reverts to it's original position - when pressing play the sun has also gone back to it's old position.

How can I change and keep a new Sun position?

24. Winseral

Winseral

HI,

Could I confirm no issues with running latest Unity Asset store Enviro package on Unity 2018. I am getting a strange error to do with ParticleSystem instance - see attached
    Enviro error.JPG
    Any help would be great.

Ta

25. Vondox

Vondox

Only the settings that are under "Edit Profile" section can be saved and loaded. Time and location need to be set in edit mode to nor revert.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you use latest Unity 2018 version? Sorry, I am not sure whats going wrong here.. Anyone else with same issue?

27. Waterlane

Waterlane

Ha - you wouldn't believe how long I messed around with that - so obvious (maybe I need a holiday? lol)
    Thanks for the quick reply.

28. mattis89

mattis89

Hello!! Unity 2018 support?

29. mattis89

mattis89

I´ll try soon, downloading 2018 now..

Vondox likes this.
  30. _dandroid

_dandroid

I run in 2018 with no problems.

mattis89 likes this.
  31. mattis89

mattis89

Graphic emulation - No emulation?

32. Ascensi

Ascensi

@Vondox Is there a way to get cloud shadows to show on Terrain & meshes?

When I choose the cloud category to increase shadow strength the whole landscape darkens rather than little patches of light under heavy clouds with openings or smaller shadows under mostly sunny conditions with a few clouds.

33. Vondox

Vondox

What is your shadow cookie size at? It is working quite well for me.

34. Ascensi

Ascensi

It's at default from one of your VR demos "10000". Could you possibly show a sceenshot of just shadows on a blank terrain? Watching your videos I didn't seem to come across cloud shadows as well so I wasn't sure if this was a feature or not.

35. Vondox

Vondox

upload_2018-5-18_0-1-21.png

This is with 10000 size and full intensity.

The cloud shadows based on light cookies are not a perfect accurate shadow simulation, but therefore very cheap in rendering for your whole scene. It is more a bonus feature that could give your scene some nice atmospheric touch with minimum performance hit.

Last edited: May 17, 2018
    Mark_01 and Ascensi like this.
  36. Ascensi

Ascensi

In VR it is hard to see.. even on my Monitor.. Is there some place where I might be able to increase the intensity by at least 2x? maybe more?

37. emrys90

emrys90

I think I found another bug with running as a server. Weather no longer updates. Looking through the code I think it's because the weather update logic is checking for "started == true", but that doesn't get assigned when running as a server.

38. mattis89

mattis89

Works Perfect!

39. mattis89

mattis89

Funny how the quality and effects look better in 2018 with Enviro than in Unity 5.6.. I was very skeptical about 2018 but Im glad I downloaded it. A bit faster and much prettier.

Vondox likes this.
  40. DaanPol

DaanPol

Really? Quite interesting to see some comparisons! I am sort of waiting out 2018.

Thanks!

41. Vondox

Vondox

You could change that in EnviroShadowCookie shader. Look for _shadowIntensity.

42. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks! Will fix that on my side for next update. :)

Edit: Oh should be already fixed in latest version. :D

43. emrys90

emrys90

Thanks. Do you have an upgrade guide? I haven't updated Enviro in a while because I'm worried about losing our settings.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Backup your working project first. ;) Then backup your profile and weather presets as unitypackage. Delete Enviro folder and import new one. After that import your backup and assign your profile to the envirosky prefab. There should be a new button appear "Update Profile".

One note! If you update from 1.9 your weather presets need some love as the cloud system changed.

45. emrys90

emrys90

Okay thanks. Any ideas when you will have the next version out?

46. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, Vondex recently helped me to implement a street light system so that at night the street lights came on and when off again in the daytime. It works great.

However, There is a fundamental issue with this:

I have day/night cycle at 5mins each for testing and the issue is that the night time comes and it is about a minuite before the lights come on so there is a pitch black period. This is way to long when I set the day and night cycles to 45 mins or similar.

That means that there are several minutes in the pitch black at night time when the lights come on and the same in the morning.

Is there a way to set a more exact time that the streetlights come on? So they come on earlieras the sun begins to go down.

AND... to make them stay on longer in the morning?

Thanks for any assitance.

Much appreciated.

Ascensi likes this.
  47. Ascensi

Ascensi

I've been looking for something like this myself. I think a time sheet would be great to have to add lights/emissive materials toggled on or a shader that fades in/out multiple random sources over a period of time.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  48. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Yeah, precision timed lights would be great I agree. I have used three methods to do the change but they all occur on enviro time which is too slow as mentioned.

I changed a few textures to emissive versions at night and back at daylight. Using Actions: CopyPropertiesFromMaterial
    The street lights using the Action: LightNoghtsSwitchOne.
    And CScape city which has its own texture system and again changes at night.

In short, if it begins to go dark at 6pm, lights come on at 8pm through the above methods at present.

I did discover an alternative asset if this cant be sorted out but would sooner stick with enviro.

The Developer also sent me these instructions but I don't get how they work as I am not a C# coder and so didn't like to play with something I didn't understand what was going on.:

1. To change the timing of day/night switches you have to open EnviroSky script:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (!isNight && GameTime.solarTime < 0.45f) {
    3.                                                               isNight = true;
    5.                                                               if (AudioSourceAmbient != null)
    7.                                                                               TryPlayAmbientSFX ();
    9.                                                               NotifyIsNight ();
    11.                                               } else if (isNight && GameTime.solarTime >= 0.45f) {
    13.                                                               isNight = false;
    15.                                                               if (AudioSourceAmbient != null)
    17.                                                                               TryPlayAmbientSFX ();
    19.                                                               NotifyIsDay ();
    21.                                               }

Change the 0.45f. Otherwise I also could provide you with a more adjustable component later.

But I havent gotten back to him as I am now taking my first steps to solve the issue.

Hope some of that helps? If you understand it please let me know. Thanks

49. Ascensi

Ascensi

I believe the 0.45f is about updating on the time frame (f) I use a visual frame work to "discover" properties of other game objects - an "event bridge" I'm no coder myself but using the visual scripting help make you understand how to connect things and make them work like light switches by key press or physical interactions. This case it's a bit different because you are using a system that automates the trigger.

The switch code above seems to only be about audio (sfx) You have to add the code about toggling or switching your materials for emission. You can search on the forum about code for emissive toggle and you could add it above or below the "isNight = true;" line and the toggled off code below the "isNight = false;" line.

Adding a reference to only one material to be toggled/switched will make all light's everywhere be turned on at the same time which may be undesirable.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  50. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thanks for the input. I will read that again tomorrow when I am more conscious. lol.

I have only done the basic C# course and it got really heavy regarding switching my thinking around. In short I don't think as a coder so all the IF THIS THEN THAT completely goes over my head.

I just don't know what that code is saying. BUT...
    It seems to be: IF it is night and Daylight hours is less than 45 minutes IT IS NIGHT. ELSE if it is night and the hour is GREATER THAN 45 Minutes it is DAY (night=false)...

And some other stuff about choosing an ambient sound...

AND... that there was so confusing to even think about I have no idea what it is saying RATHER... How to change it so that it works. lol.

I'm sure someone from Enviro can explain it.