Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. rocky1138

rocky1138

Every time I start my scene it's snowing. How do I set the weather to be static at Less Clouds VR?

2. rasto61

rasto61

remove all weather presets from the default enviro zone, except the one you want, and also drag it into the 'start weather preset'. this is all on the envirosky prefab

Vondox likes this.
  3. rocky1138

rocky1138

Here's what it looks like (ignore the horrendously low framerate and resolution).

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, how do you setup this? Do you used the custom skybox mode or still using the default skybox with your own star/galaxy cubemaps. For second approach you could set "mie" to zero and set a very high "sun disk scale" to remove the sun disk from skybox (Both in sky category of profile).

5. Vondox

Vondox

You also could just disable "Update Weather" in "Weather Controls" section and set "start weather preset" to the one you want to have active all the time.

6. Vondox

Vondox

Do you use any other image effects? Maybe try to change the order. For example for unity post processing stack you want it to have first place after camera and don't show your profile in runtime otherwise it could split up your image.

7. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, do you already updated to 2.0.2? There is no render texture with the name "clouds" anymore in 2.0.2. A lot of things changed and it maybe already working now, but I haven't tested this.

8. vladpiranha

vladpiranha

I've been getting a strange visual glitch in the skybox while using Enviro. The skybox seems to create a weird reflective effect with trails while looking around. This only occurs in the blank spots of the sky. Clouds will cover up the issue.

Attached Files:

9. Tecknosim

Tecknosim

Can't find the "Additional Camera" script in my package.Using Enviro 2.0.0.Where is it located?

10. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry I need more information. Do you use a multi camera setup? Any other image effects? What unity version and do you see same issues in demo scene?

11. Vondox

Vondox

You can add that component from the unity "Component" menu at top. (Enviro -> Additional Camera)
    You maybe also should update to latest version because of quite a lot bugfixes and better performance. :)

TheWarper likes this.
  12. Maximilious

Maximilious

Has anyone found a fix to getting enviro sky and Hydroform working together? currently if I have enviro skybox render script and the hydroform cam script on the same camera then the water will only render where there is terrain, I can make a flat terrain at 0,0,0 but I would like to be able get it working properly

13. Vondox

Vondox

Do you already tried to change the order of the camera components?

14. rocky1138

rocky1138

This doesn't work. I've got Update Weather unchecked and Less Clouds VR as the Start Weather Preset. I start my game and it's snowing.

15. rocky1138

rocky1138

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hm is "Less Clouds VR" assigned in your EnviroZone too? It works correct for me. The link is working for me, but that one is outdated. There is a newer basic documentation included in main enviro folder. I still writing on the full detailed one.

17. vladpiranha

vladpiranha

I use Unity 2017.3.1f1 and Enviro 2.0.2b. Even with exclusively Enviro effects, I can see this happening. My guess is this is somehow related to Suimono, but I hear that it works just fine with Enviro. I don't have any other cameras aside from the ones for Suimono.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  18. mmaclaurin

mmaclaurin

Hi, I'm using the private beta enviro lite together with aquas. I can't get fog to work. The water turns completely grey and the land and meshes are unfogged. Is there a known issue with the beta? Is enviro integrated with this version?

Many thanks.
    - Matt

19. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

I want to use Standard weather presets anywhere but in my swamp, so I made one for swamp.

I turn it on like this: EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(WeatherSwamp);
    But after a while it goes away. How can I turn off automatic weather changes for my swamp?

When I leave it, how do I toggle to normal weather again? Just like switching to clear sky, right?
    EnviroSky.instance.SetWeatherOverwrite(0);
    And turn on automatic weather changes again?

20. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

PS: Can I have daylight / night Color when being in swamp?
    Or do I have to create swamp day and swamp night presets?

21. Vondox

Vondox

Please check your inbox. :)

RKeown3D likes this.
  22. Vondox

Vondox

The light beta currently don't have any image effect based fog. It only supports the normal forward rendering fog from Unity. I planned to add a image effect for fog later. Do you use deferred rendering on your main camera?

23. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

you can toggle the auto weather update in scripts with this line:

EnviroSky.instance.Weather.updateWeather = false;

For the lighting changes I would use the interior modification like this one for example:

EnviroSky.instance.currentInteriorDirectLightMod = new Color(0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f, 0.5f);

You maybe also want to change ambient lighting and fog colors. To revert to normal lighting you just need to set the alpha of the mod colors to zero.

24. rocky1138

rocky1138

How do I do this? Do you have a link to a document on editing image effect order?

25. Vondox

Vondox

Not in documentation but check this screenshot:

upload_2018-3-17_18-42-18.png

26. rocky1138

rocky1138

I have no Post Processing Behaviour script in my Enviro VR game object.

27. Vondox

Vondox

That screenshot was just an example with post effect stack v1. That order can be quite different for other image effects. What image effects you using besides the enviro ones?

28. Waterlane

Waterlane

Sorry for the slow reply - Please do send an example profile.
    I've been playing around with the values but it's very difficult when they seem abstract - It would be great update to have this editable via colour sliders...
    Perhaps you could provide some example wavelength values to give a red/golden sunset?
    (changing the WaveLength values did let me get a better set of colours, but I'm not quite what I was hoping for - The 'Sky Colour Power' didn't seem to change anything - but maybe that's related to my other values?) :)

29. rocky1138

rocky1138

None. Here is what my SteamVR thing looks like:

enviro.png

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,
    please try the profile attached. I think I mainly tweaked the scattering color tint for that. Also included a simple script to drive some of the scattering parameters that are currently not using curves. (Will change that in next update).

In addition you could also drive post processing like color grading/tonemappig/bloom this way to enhance the final image for different time of day.

Attached Files:

Waterlane likes this.
  31. Vondox

Vondox

Hm those errors should not happen and maybe related to your issue. Let us meet in skype next days to have a detailed look into that. (Check your inbox) :)

rocky1138 likes this.
  32. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hello,

one more question please:

when I enter a Underground cave or a building I execute this void:

Code (CSharp):
    1.     public static void SetInterior()
    2.     {
    3.         if (Globals.IsUnderground) { // Darker, use light and skybox modifications. no weather
    4.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().fog = true;
    5.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().directLighting = true;
    6.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientLighting = true;
    7.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().skybox = true;
    8.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().weatherEffects = true;
    9.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().zoneAudioClip = MusicManager.instance.AmbientDeepUnderSurface;
    10.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientAudio = false;
    11.         }
    12.         else {
    13.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().fog = false;
    14.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().directLighting = false;
    15.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientLighting = false;
    16.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().skybox = false;
    17.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().weatherEffects = false;
    18.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().zoneAudioClip = null;
    19.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientAudio = true;
    20.         }
    21.     }
    but when I enter a Portal or find an Underground cave after being on "normal ground", I still hear birds singing. I tried to disable that with EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientAudio = false;
    but I still hear birds...

Since I added just for trying:
    EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().zoneAudioClip =
    MusicManager.instance.AmbientDeepUnderSurface;
    I now hear my Underground Clip and also birds singing.
    When I turn off the gameobject Enviro Effects / SFX it stopps.

How do I turn off the last ambient SFX or set them to my own custom Clip (and back to autmatic when leaving the cave / Building)?

33. Maximilious

Maximilious

Hey, I tried changing the order of scripts in the camera, but still same effect (water will only render where terrain is)

with these settings water is only in terrain

if I disable enviro sky on camera like so I get infinite ocean

do you have any ideas what might be causing this? there is a way to make Hydroform water render almost infinitely by making a large terrain 50000,50000 or 100000,100000 and centering around my island... but this causes alot of issues since it's a fairly large terrain.

34. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, you just need to set a -1 in ambientVolume in your interior zone:

EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientVolume = -1f:

I actually would have done that different. Instead of activating the features of your one zone you can setup multiple zones and just call Enter() and Exit() to activate or deactivate the modifications. So setup a zone for your caves and when player enters the cave call Enter() on that zone one time. If he leaves the cave just call Exit(). For your samp you could do the same just with another interior zone component with different settings.

35. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, do you have changed anything in Hydroform or Enviro? That looks like that Hydroform is not writing into depth texture AND not rendering in transparent queue. As it looks like a transparent shader it should render in transparent queue. That way it will be rendered after enviro image effect.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  36. Pauloxande

Pauloxande

hello friends because the moon stays this way

Attached Files:

37. ghiboz

ghiboz

hi @Vondox
    I have a question:
    I created a reflection probe that reflect only enviro sky and clouds: with the latest version I set only layers 30 and 31 and everything is fine, but now, with the latest 2.0.2 the probe is only the sky and not the clouds etc.. did you changed something?

thanks in advance

38. Vanidash-Studios

Vanidash-Studios

Hi, how do i stop the rain from going through the roof/buildings?

39. devikaworks

devikaworks

Hi, is Enviro supported on the UWP platform for Windows Mixed Reality Headsets? We are currently porting over a project from Windows Standalone on a HTC Vive and encountering shader and materials errors.
    Thanks.

40. Vanidash-Studios

Vanidash-Studios

This might not be related a 100% with enviro, but why does my wall kinda lights up in comparisson to the ground? is it a shader related thing or more related to a lighting setup?

lightup wall.png

41. evilangel89

evilangel89

Sorry missed this message. Didn't work on Unity for the last couple of weeks. was on vacation. I will post a video or some screenshots and share my profile with you if needed.

42. Tecknosim

Tecknosim

Updated to 2.0.2

I am using a 3 camera setup for 180 degree view. So I assigned EnviroSkyRendering script to the middle camera and added Additional Camera component on the left and right camera. But when I start the game only middle camera renders clouds and not the other two; but after I change the season to fog or rain, all 3 of them reflect the changes thereafter.

Also to solve this, I commented InitImageEffects(); call in EnviroAdditionalCamera script; which solves the issue but then the left and right camera give a whitish view.

What do I do so that all the 3 cameras start with Cloudy 2 preset ?

43. kamron6

kamron6

Hi, small question: how slow down clouds when you move?

44. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please contact me in private conservation or send me a mail. I could send you link for latest enviro light beta then.

45. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, volume clouds refelctions are currently not supported as they rendering as image effects now. Only flat and cirrus clouds can be reflected right now. But I will have a look if there is a way to reflect volume clouds in reflection probes too in a later update.

46. Vondox

Vondox

rocky1138 and Vanidash-Studios like this.
  47. ghiboz

ghiboz

@Vondox thanks!!
    but also the flat aren't rendered!

48. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, looks like this is related to shader/lighting setup. Do you use default enviro settings? Is your ground a terrain with standard unity terrain shader?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, just tested this with 2.0.2b and is working correct for me without any edits. Sorry but not sure why it does not work for you right now. But commenting InitImageEffects is not a good idea and should be called. Maybe setup a simple test scene and with the issue and send it to me please, so I can have a look.

50. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hi Hendrik,

I still hear birds singing Underground...

EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientVolume = -1f;

this line is executed with debug breakpoint when I go Underground.
    No other line like this with another value is executed.

I still my my birds from day time ambient very loud.

When I turn off the SFX from Enviro effects at runtime to make sure it Comes from enviro, the ambient sfx stop.

Any idea why I still hear birds singing? I guess it is not interor but some weather ambient sfx?

Thanks a lot!