Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Haven't seen that before. Maybe try to delete the enviro components from your camera and start your game again.

MicroSplat integration will be added in next update!

2. Tecknosim

Tecknosim

Any documentation for Enviro multiplayer?

3. eaque

eaque

HI,
    I use Horizon asset and i would like to transition lerp one of it's variable each day beetwin 7h-12h and 16h-18h.
    Is there an easy way to access these periods in enviro? and not just
    int currentSecond = EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.Seconds;
    And starting a coroutine at a certain time, or maybe setting the period? how would you get to these periods?

Sorry for the noob question

thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2018
  4. MostHated

MostHated

Hey there, is this update the one that will work with MicroSplat?

5. spso

spso

Wow, so quick! Thank you very much. Works like a charm :)
    Cheers,
    Simon

6. hana040105

hana040105

Hallo.
    I bought Enviro.I am using Unity 5.6.3 p1 and HTC vive.
    Using this asset with unity works fine. It's very beautiful.
    However, when I see the sky in the game, the sky is black.
    I want to see the beautiful sky in the game with vive.

I added Prefab as it was.
    Did I make a mistake in setting?

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  7. evilangel89

evilangel89

Hi @Vondox ,

Long time :) Been playing with controllers for the better part of last year and I am finally back to Enviro. Dare I say so much has improved and you've included some of the best features I always wanted man. Like Sky Luminence for instance. Thanks for that.

Ran into an issue last night. So during the night, when I look up at the moon at certain angles, I seem to see sunshafts appearing as well. If the information helps, I've set my sun/moon locations to realistic position and at the "Sri Lanka" longitutde and latitude. I've also enabled both Sun Shafts and Moon Shafts.

Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to fix this ?

Regards,
    evila

8. Waterlane

Waterlane

Two issues - 'hoping you can help.
    1. I want to turn the sky to a red/golden sunset in one project. What should I change to do this? (nothing I've changed seems to create this)
    2. Another project - Editing the Volume Lighting - reducing Anistropy to 0.1 changes the scene as I would like. I apply all settings and save profile - all seems ok - BUT when I stop playing and replay the Anistropy value has reset back to 0.55.
    How can I edit this to stay at 0.1?
    Thanks
    (am using the latest download btw)

9. eaque

eaque

Hi all, just in order to think out loud with the community:
    What do you think of using the "after hour passed" event to create a getcurrentime void each hour, and then starting my coroutine at 7?
    That 's hat i would do is it correct start or stupid?:)
    cheers

10. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, sorry that part is currently missing and will be addde in the detailed documention. For now you could check out the UNet sample scene. Oh and feel free to contact me if you need any further help with integrating enviro in your multiplayer project. :)

11. Vondox

Vondox

Nope sorry, will be in next update. But I may create a component for current version to get you guys started in the next days.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    MostHated and Rowlan like this.
  12. Vondox

Vondox

Hm I need some more information. Do you have assigned correct camera/player? Is only the sky black or complete scene? Do you use multi or singlepass?

13. Vondox

Vondox

Hi evilangel,

hm could be bug. So if you disable the sunshafts at night the effect yous see goes away? I will check that when I am home again and get back to you.

Bees Regards,
    Hendrik

14. Vondox

Vondox

Hello, please check the sky catagory and try to tweak the physical parameters like wave length, rayleigh and mie/g and maybe also take a look in the sky color power curve (There you want to tweak the middle of the curve). I can check back when I am home again and send you a profile with some tweaks for more golden/orange sunsets.

About second you just need to click on "Load from Profile" when you are back in "design mode". That will load your saved settings into the envirosky object. :)

15. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, that sounds good to me. :)

Listen to OnHourPassed Event and check the current hour with if(EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.Hour == 7), If true start your coroutine.

eaque likes this.
  16. jStinson

jStinson

Hi @Vondox! Thanks for resolving my installation issue so quickly. I've been working with Enviro for the past couple days and am really loving it. The visual fidelity of the clouds is really remarkable.

I do have a question related to light shafts (only the sun is important to us at the moment). The light shafts look great as the sun rises and sets over the terrain horizon, but also cause the scene to become a bit washed out. I'm wondering if there is an easy way to 'turn off' the light shaft effect a little more quickly than what we're seeing (washes out the scene until about 9AM). I tried playing with the settings in the Enviro prefab, but lowering Blur Radius, Intensity and Max Radius to the point where it resolves the washed out look also diminishes the effect where we do want it. I have played around with the 'Light Shafts Color Sun' and 'Threshold Color Sun' gradients, but am not getting the results I need. (I might not really understand how these gradients are meant to alter the light shaft effect).

Please let me know how I might gain more control over the light shaft effect or just point me in the right direction. I may have missed it if it's been covered in this thread. Thanks again for the great work on this asset!

17. Vanidash-Studios

Vanidash-Studios

Hi, need help with the brightness of the light reflected on my terrain when its night time. I already tried playing around with the moon light config, but im still getting this weird effect (picture attached). so my question will be, whats the main setting i would need to change in order to have like a darker terrain (almost with no light at all) so it could blend with the sky.
    Moon brightness reflected.png

*Basically i want to make it hard to see at night.

18. hana040105

hana040105

It is black only in the sky.
    I am using a single pass.
    I am using assets in a game called VRChat.

Attached Files:

19. eaque

eaque

MAny thanks for your quick reply!

20. JulienSVirtu

JulienSVirtu

Hi,
    I'm starting using Enviro. This asset is great.
    I just have few questions:
    1/ Why the sun is that large using the VR prefabs, especially in latitudes around 45 in winter. I tried to compare with the normal prefab but I didn't find a difference explaining this...
    2/ Is it possible to add a parameter (in EnviroSky or EnviroWeather, I don't know which is the best) to remove wind strength update so we can change it in our scripts (for now, I just commented the line in EnviroSky component).

Thanks.
    Julien

21. evilangel89

evilangel89

Yeah xD if I turn off the sunshafts at night the effect goes away.

22. Vondox

Vondox

Hm you only could try to reduce the effect with the "Sun Color Tresshold Gradient" setting to brighter values. This one is based on suun position in sky. (left = night, middle = dawn/dusk, right = day) Also try to tweak he settings you already mentioned.

Sorry but currently there are no more settings to tweak the effect. :/

jStinson likes this.
  23. Vondox

Vondox

Please check the "Ambient Sky Color Gradient" and set darker colors on left half of the gradient. That should help. :)

24. gghitman69

gghitman69

@Vondox hi why do not you have an internet site?
    I think that a place where we could share enviro configuration would be a plus because many of us or future client likes enviro but the setting of light ..... personally I am not very good more that would add an advantageous bookstore

25. jStinson

jStinson

Are you using any baked lighting? Even baking ambient lighting can result in the terrain being over-bright at night. I would also make sure you have a smoothness map (that's pretty dark overall) in the alpha channel of your terrain texture. Might also want to try disabling any reflection probes to see if that helps.

Vondox likes this.
  26. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, enviro only supports singlepass vr mode in Unity 2017+ at the moment (That's is noted in asset store description). You also need to enable the "SinglePass" option in "Rendering Setup" section on envirosky inspector.

But it stil should show the sky. Unfortunaly I currently cannot use my rift as oculus forgot to update their certificates... :D

If it is possible to update your project to Unity 2017 I would try this first and then check the enviro VR sample scene. If you need to stick to 5.6 feel free to contact me private.

27. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Julien,
    1.) Oh sorry, it is related to the volume lighting settings. I forgot to set them back to normal values after final testing..
    2.) Good point! I will add a option in next update where I also wanted to rework the weather settings. :)

28. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, I cannot reproduce that in my scenes. Maybe try to remove the enviro components from your camera and try again.

29. Vondox

Vondox

That's a nice idea! I currently have no website for enviro but wanted to get something up this year.

30. mattis89

mattis89

hello! how to update when its allready in a project?

31. Artur7

Artur7

@Vondox when will you release new version for mobile? (we discussed it in private messages)

32. Vondox

Vondox

Yes, assign your middle camera to enviro and add the "Additional Camera" component to your other cameras.

33. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

first create a backup of your project if you don't have one. Then save your enviro profiles and maybe weather presets. (I would create a unitypackage if you modified the default ones.) Then delete enviro folder and import the new version. Now import back your profiles and maybe swap out the EnviroSky prefab in your scene. (This is only needed if you update from old version pre 2.0).

Now you only need to assign your backup profile in EnviroSky object and click on "Update Profile" and "Load from Profile".

That's the most clean way,

34. Vondox

Vondox

I am currently working on that one! I still need to make it compatible to have both version in your project. After that some more beta testing and I will release it. But I currently can't give you an eta but I focus on release now. :)

35. mattis89

mattis89

okay! and if I havent really changed anything I could just delete enviro and import it again?

36. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, of course. :)

37. TheWarper

TheWarper

Just adding the additional camera script caused it to display somewhat differently.
    But, I filled in the 2nd camera into the EnviroSky VR prefab (to get the Enviro Sky Rendering script on there) and that did the trick!

Thanks!

38. rocky1138

rocky1138

When I enable single pass for VR this is what I get in play mode in the Game window. Is this normal?

39. Vondox

Vondox

No that does not look right. What are your XR settings set? Is this the latest version from asset store? I have tested with openVR and oculus sdk on my rift it all looks good.

rocky1138 likes this.
  40. rocky1138

rocky1138

My XR settings were the problem. For some reason "None" keeps sneaking up above "OpenVR". Thanks!

TheWarper and Vondox like this.
  41. jStinson

jStinson

I'm trying to achieve the same effect, but am struggling to get something that's acceptable throughout the day cycle. I've explored various values for Rayleigh, G and Mie, but settings that produce nice color when the sun is near the horizon cause the sky and environment to be blown out / washed out once the sun is over the horizon (there is improvement once the sun is higher in the sky, but it's too distracting before then). I've also tried adjusting the Scattering Curve, but think I'm still confused on what that's controlling. I'd really like to take a look at that profile if you made it.

Do you have any good resources that go into a little more detail on the relationship between the Rayleigh, G and Mie settings? Any help better understanding the Scattering Curve would also be appreciated.

Thanks!

42. Vondox

Vondox

Sure, I will create a profile and send it to you later. :)

jStinson likes this.
  43. garyhaus

garyhaus

If you could post it here... That would be a big help for me.. and perhaps others as well. Thank you kindly.

Vondox likes this.
  44. TheWarper

TheWarper

A side effect of VRTK. I wrote an editor script which forces it to correct settings, you just need the prefab in your active scenes.

45. rocky1138

rocky1138

When I try to look through my HTC Vive at my clouds I can only see them semi-transparently if I tilt my head a certain way. The lightshafts are also shimmery. Any idea why I can't see my clouds in VR?

I have Single Pass VR enabled and Less Clouds VR set as my weather.

46. rocky1138

rocky1138

Will this ever be fixed?

TheWarper likes this.
  47. julianr

julianr

Hi, my stars at night seem larger than they should, is there away to reduce their size or improve on the quality?

48. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry I cannot reproduce your issues, but I only can test with rift hmd. I also tested with VRTK with SteamVR and Oculus Advanced package. Anyone else seeing this issues with their vive hmd?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Stars and milkyway are rendered with cubemaps in skybox. You can change cubemap and modify the intensity in "Edit Profile" -> "Sky" category. If you want smaller stars you need to swap out the textures.

julianr likes this.
  50. mgmhunt

mgmhunt

Hi there, enjoying your asset at the mo. Just wondering if it's possible to have a cookie type cut out for sun? I'd like my terrain to be lit by a nebula in sky so I've aligned the sun with the skybox white part but want it to be masked in a way that looks like an intense cloud/explosion in distance is lighting scene rather than a sun. Like to keep the sun shafts effect and scattering etc though.