Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, do you have sun or moon lightshafts enabled in enviro? You can control the intensity and tresholds in "Lightshafts" category in your profile. Or do you maybe have unity sunshafts effect on your camera?

2. Artur7

Artur7

Hello @Vondox , I have tested the version you sent me, and here are issues :
    when I have Camera clear flags set to "Skybox", it works great on simulator, but on device (iPhone X), the sky sometimes blinks with black color.
    When I set the clear flags to Solid Color (black), whole sky turns black

3. Vondox

Vondox

Yea you have to set to "skybox" in new mobile version. What skybox you have tested? There are now two in the version I have send you,

Oh and do you tested with Metal or OpenGLES?

4. Artur7

Artur7

I don't see where I can change between skyboxes. I only choose Clear Flags to Skybox, that's all. I have Metal on the first place in settings

5. Vondox

Vondox

Okay should be "realistic" by default. I will investigate why it does blinks black in metal.

upload_2018-1-15_14-57-3.png

6. Artur7

Artur7

I checked it, and it blinks black both on Simple and Realistic

7. staron82

staron82

Would be nice if you could change the fog color in the enviro profile.

8. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Yes but I want some of those features only in underground buildings. Works very well now :)

9. ghiboz

ghiboz

hello @Vondox !
    congrats for your asset!! is very impressive!

I have a couple of questions about enviro:
    1. it's possible to improve performances don't move the clouds?
    2. it's possible to attenuate the moon light?
    3. it's possible use the rainsprai into a material with a custom shader?
    before use enviro I used tod and modified a bit the code to refresh all the sky suff only when something changes, that was good for performance... is there a way to do a similar thing here?

thanks in advance!

10. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

Ah, right, also a question. Can we control all Volumetric Lights at once like HX did? It would be rather handy to be able to control all of it based on a global settings manager and change them dynamically.

11. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, good idea! I will add a gradient for fog color in next update.

12. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

1. Yea, for flat clouds it could improve your performance a little bit if you don't need moving clouds. For volume clouds I don't think that you see a difference as they rendered as screen effect and therefore needed to be rendered every frame. You only could stop rendering the coverage map, but that one isn't so performance hitting anyway.

2. Sure you would need to change the left half of the "Light Color" gradient in EnviroSky Inspector. ("Edit Profile" -> "Lighting" category).

3. The particle weather effects using unity particle systems. You can modify the included or use your own.

Kind Regards!

13. Vondox

Vondox

Currently you can modify the effect intensity globaly based on weatherpreset. You also can multi-edit multiple Volume Lights. But I will have a look, and may add some more options in future updates.

14. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Thunder and lightning would be totally great as a new boombastic feature :)

15. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

I use THOR Thunderstorm with Enviro, they work very well together.
    http://u3d.as/ZVf

PeterB and Vondox like this.
  16. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks!

1. ok! you are clear!... and how can I stop the flat clouds? :rolleyes:
    2. ok! very useful
    3. sorry.. I mean the ripples and the flood on the grounds;)

17. Vondox

Vondox

Search for the RenderFlatCloudsMap(); function call in EnviroSky script. Instead of doing this in update you may only want to update the textures when weather changes. (UpdateWeather function)

You could sync your material/shader with the EnviroSky.instance.Weather.curWetness to control the amount of ripples/flood level.

18. ghiboz

ghiboz

thanks! but I will need to have ripples and flood into a custom shader..

19. Vondox

Vondox

You can use the included puddle prefab for flat surfaces like in the demo scene. But better would be using an advanced surface like UBER or LUX. There are also a few terrain shaders on store that can simulate wetness and ripples on your terrain.

Currently supported out of the box: UBER, Lux, RTP, Megasplat and CTS. Microsplat integration will be included in 2.1 update aswell.

blitzvb likes this.
  20. ghiboz

ghiboz

21. julianr

julianr

Hi Vondox - I did as you suggested to stop the rain entering a building but it didn't work. I'll keep trying though, might be user error :)

22. julianr

julianr

I also need to stop the light from entering an interior within an underground basement, as it still does the time of day in there when it should remain dark. Any tips?

Would creating a zone around the underground part of the building and switching it to darkness without the ambient sounds work? I'm not at home right now, but thought I'd post something so I can try it when I get back.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  23. Vondox

Vondox

You want to setup an Interior Zone for your underground part. Just create a new empty gameobject and add the "InteriorZone" component from enviro components menu.

Click on "Create Trigger" and set scale and position of the newly created trigger object to match your underground entries. (You can add multiple trigger for multiple entries).

Now choose the features you want to have enabled for your underground part.

Here a screenshot of the component (From 2.0.2 with a few more features, but same workflow),

upload_2018-1-18_9-30-55.png

eaque, BackwoodsGaming and julianr like this.
  24. julianr

julianr

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go! I was just disabling it in script, didn't work. So this is what I was missing.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  25. staron82

staron82

Just tried to create an alien sky by setting skybox mode to a custom color, but it still shows the normal skybox. This used to work in enviro 1. Seems cloud color settings doesn't do anything either.

26. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Greetings, am loving the asset but have 2 questions,

In the enclosed screenshot, you can see 2 problems which I would be grateful for some ideas on if possible.

1) There is a band around the horizon that cuts out the sun (and clouds) when it is setting or rising.

2) The prominent blue line around the edge of the terrian (I am using Aquas water here)

Many thanks

M

enviro1.jpg

27. clickmatch

clickmatch

IMO looks like fog/haze. Had that issue before with other assets. Not sure I ever figured that one out and chalked it up to the way Unity renders horizons when any kind of fog is used.

2) The prominent blue line around the edge of the terrian (I am using Aquas water here)

Is that a visual bug, or a terrain thing? Looks in the shot like your terrain is bowl shaped. So is that the edges of the terrain that was not sloped into the water, or is it glitching from underneath?

28. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

Its not a bowl shape :) The terrain gently drops from the island sea level of 50 to a base of 1 at every edge.

M

29. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, I will check that option. But for an alien sky I would still use the "Default" skybox mode and just tweak the "Wave Length" and "Scattering Color" gradient to create non earth-like atmospheres. Maybe give it a shot?

30. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

1.) It looks like you want to enlarge your Aquas water plane quite a bit. You also can check your Weather Presets and tweak the Sky fog settings (Increase the Sky Fog Intensity). Here is how it looks in my scene:

upload_2018-1-19_16-23-30.png

2.) Do you mean those lines in your water? Try to deactivate the "Borders" object from Aquas when you are over water level. Not sure why they sometimes show up and sometimes not.

31. AllyAlbon

AllyAlbon

Hello Vondox, thanks for a great product, just grabbed it and am playing with it now!I did have a couple of questions -

You mention on the Enviro shop page - "PBL Shaders for dynamic wetness and snow on your objects" - could you please give a quick tutorial on how to set this up as I would love to have snow settle on the ground and on objects but I can't seem to get this working, I am guessing it's more than just adding a collision as I have been doing! Do I need to get Lux or something similar?

second question - I would like to set a different weather pattern for each "day" I set - and be in control of which type of weather is assigned to each day (i.e., run through the seasons as time passes), is there a way of doing this?

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018
  32. MaliceA4Thought

MaliceA4Thought

OK the square box in the water is gone.. ty :)

I enlarged the water plane by a factor of 100 but no change... If I am standing down at water level or up a small hill, I get the same as your shot.. it's when I go up a large hill that the band appears. I tried adding fog, removing fog, changing fog and increasing the water plane by 1000 but no change the band is always there and even with lots of distance fog, when the sun sets or rises it still appears behind the band and highlights it. :(

M

33. PrimusThe3rd

PrimusThe3rd

Hi, I've just started exploring the Unity3D .. After Enviro&Gaia installation I have instantly got this strange reflection of the Moon (it looks like two Moons are on the sky). Any advice how to get rid off this reflection. (If I uncheck Moon...the "second" Moon dissapears, too.
    Cheers.
    Primus

34. staron82

staron82

Yes, that worked much better. Still can't seem to change the volume clouds colors though.

35. redmugstudios

redmugstudios

Hey, just want to ask if anyone knows how to improve the Atmosphere rendering on mobile devices?
    The scene looks great on the Editor (sun rise horizon) but when I build on mobile, seem like the orange-thingy effect is not being rendered at all. I can only see the sun rising up. I think that the Atmosphere prefab is the one handling this part.

Anyone know what settings I need to check?
    I have selected Ultra on Quality setting for the mobile, but no improvements.

36. Vondox

Vondox

Please try to increase your camera far-clipping plane and/or try to set the "sky fog intensity" higher than one in your weatherpresets.

MaliceA4Thought likes this.
  37. Vondox

Vondox

1.) Please take a look in sample scene. There you can find a setup of the materials with weather animations.

Tipp: Maybe take a look on Lux shader framework! These shader are more advanced and there is a free version!

There is also a component in enviro included to synchronize the weather with lux shader. (Unzip "EnviroLUXIntegration.rar" in "Scripts" -> "Lux Integration" folder)

2.) I think you would need to handle the weather updates yourself then. Enviro does not support specific weather pattern setup for each day at the moment.
    deactivate the "Update Weather" option in EnviroSkyInspector. Setup some kind of list with your weather pattern and change the weather with this functions:

Code (CSharp):
    1.         //Change Weather
    2.         EnviroSky.instance.ChangeWeather("weathername");
    3.         //Get current day of year:
    4.         int currentDayofYear = EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.Days;
    5.         //Get current time of day:
    6.         float timeOfDay = EnviroSky.instance.GetUniversalTimeOfDay();

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  38. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

Please try to create a new layer and name it something like: "Moon". Assign the new layer in EnviroSky Inspector "Rendering Setup" -> "Moon Layer". Also make sure that oyu have latest version of enviro imported.

upload_2018-1-21_15-39-40.png

upload_2018-1-21_15-40-30.png

39. Vondox

Vondox

You can change the volume clouds colors here:

upload_2018-1-21_15-42-28.png

40. Vondox

Vondox

Please check if the "Atmospehre" object is set to "Default" layer and your camera clear-flag is set to "Solid Color" -> "black". You also could send me a private message to get latest mobile version that is currently in work.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2018
  41. staron82

staron82

Tried this, but clouds are still white:
    clouds2.png

42. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, please try to lower the ambient lighting intensity in clouds category and also lower or disable the tonemapping. I will have a look to add another gradient to control the color of ambient lighting too.

43. redmugstudios

redmugstudios

This is what I'm referring to. Left image is from the Editor and the right image is from android phone. There's a significant difference. This is an awesome plugin, btw.

44. redmugstudios

redmugstudios

The Atmosphere's layer is already set on Default. Let me check the Main camera..
    Is there a possibility that Unity is optimizing the scene?

45. redmugstudios

redmugstudios

Atmosphere's layer in Default and the Camera's color is set to black. Fog is enabled as well, not sure it matters though.
    I'm not using any post processing plugins in here.

46. staron82

staron82

That helped a bit, but then clouds are totally black during a storm

47. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, I was a bit in hurry lately. So you already have the option to tweak the ambient light colors of clouds. Take a look in weather presets -> clouds section -> Top and Bottom Color. You also want to revert the changes to the ambient lighting intensity made before.

upload_2018-1-22_20-8-52.png
    Just a quick test on my side. Only changed the colors in weather preset and right half of "Volume Clouds Color" in profile.

48. jagatai33

jagatai33

Quick Question;

I get the following build error only when i try to build for "android";

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Enviro/EnviroFogRenderingSimple': '[' : syntax error syntax error at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroVolumeLightCore.cginc(201) (on gles)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with ENVIROVOLUMELIGHT
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF2 SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER2 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING
    and

Code (CSharp):
    1. Shader error in 'Enviro/EnviroFogRendering': '[' : syntax error syntax error at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Resources/Shaders/Core/EnviroVolumeLightCore.cginc(201) (on gles)
    3. Compiling Vertex program with ENVIROVOLUMELIGHT
    4. Platform defines: UNITY_NO_DXT5nm UNITY_NO_RGBM UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_FRAMEBUFFER_FETCH_AVAILABLE UNITY_NO_CUBEMAP_ARRAY UNITY_NO_SCREENSPACE_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF3 UNITY_NO_FULL_STANDARD_SHADER SHADER_API_MOBILE UNITY_HARDWARE_TIER1 UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA UNITY_LIGHTMAP_DLDR_ENCODING
    Unity Version: 2017.3.0p3
    Build Platform: Android
    Enviro Version: 2.0.1

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    -J

49. Jesus

Jesus

Might have missed this somewhere, but in the event I haven't...

Is there a trick to getting planar reflection cameras to pick up the sky, complete with clouds, etc? Currently the planar reflection camera is seeing the default Unity skybox and the Unity sun, which does rotate, but would I have to add another Enviro script to the reflection camera to get it to pick that up, or should it automagically pick up the sky set in the lighting inspector and just isn't doing it?

50. Vondox

Vondox

That enviro version is not designed for mobiles. There is an own version of enviro that will work on mobiles! You can "upgrade" to that version for 1$ in asset store.

If you are interested you also could send me a private message and I send you the latest mobile version that is currently in development. The new version has same inspectors and all profile features you already know from full version.