Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Salja

Salja

hey i have the same issue i have with a gtx 980 25-35 fps without enviro i get 60-80 fps i check the profiler too and i check with Lennart from vegetation studio and he say the same issue come from enviro

2. Vondox

Vondox

Are you using unity 2017.3 too? Do you see the same spikes in EnviroSky.Update()?

3. Salja

Salja

yes 2017.3 and same spikes

i found a way to boost

i set shadows to medium and 100m
    i trun screenspace reflections off

from 25-35 fps i get now 70 stable

something must be worng with the shadows and enviro

Attached Files:

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, do you have cloud shadows activated?

5. Salja

Salja

no is off

6. Vondox

Vondox

Hm I tested with latest Unity2017.3.0f3 build on windows and cannot reproduce the spikes on my side.
    The EnviroSky.Update() is smooth running with 0.05-0.07ms on my side. But I used my latest enviro version 2.0.2 with one change that could be related to the issue.

In 2.0.2 the directional light will be stationary at (0,0,0) and won't move like in 2.0.1 version. That change was needed for light cookie cloud shadows.

Please contact me private and I could send you package of 2.0.2 tomorrow to test on your side.

7. ohbado

ohbado

If you enable "Cloud shadows", shadows will be projected when Volume cloud hides the sun. I think that it is doing my desired calculation. Can the user refer to the calculation result of "Cloud shadows"?

8. madsnowman

madsnowman

Hi @Vondox, I just have a quick question. I'm using the Enviro 2.0.1 with Unity 2017.3.0, and I loose volumetric lighting when I produce a build for Windows. I have "Enviro/VolumeLight" in my "Always Included Shaders" section of the Graphics settings, but this doesn't have any effect. I'm using Linear color space, and this seems to occur both in Forward and Deferred rendering paths. Is there anything else that I might be missing?

I'm absolutely loving Enviro. Thanks so much for creating such a great solution!

9. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Do You reorganize structure of the folders after u import assets ? I learned that hard way to not touch assets folders, some of them have hardcoded paths etc. I create _Project folder and leave all assets as is, since then i have no problems with bulding :)

10. blacksun666

blacksun666

Do you have any documentation about the integration with fog volume 3? I've added the scripts from the rar file and think I've set the integration up correctly. However my environment seems to be ignoring the fog volume 3 cloud and volume fog objects. I get the same view starting with these objects deactivated as activated? I was expecting enviro to use fog volume 3 for its clouds and fog, is that not the case?
    Using unity 2017.1.2f1.

11. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

Regarding the EnviroVolumeLight, shouldn't the
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.volumeLightSettings.noiseVelocity.x
    be like
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.profile.volumeLightSettings.noiseVelocity.x

12. Vondox

Vondox

The cloud shadows in 2.0.1 is using the weathermap mapped on a plane with a shadowcasting material. But I am not sure if you can reuse this.

The weathermap can be accessed here:
    EnviroSky.instance.weatherMap

Shader:
    EnviroCloudsShadows.shader

13. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report!

I can reproduce the issue on my side, but currently really don't know why it isn't working in 2017.3... It looks like that the shader is still missing even it is added to always included shader list. Maybe a unity bug, I will investigate that now.

14. Vondox

Vondox

Do you have assigned you fog volume objects at the fields of the EnviroFogVolume integration already? Please contact me private and we could meet in skype and do a screenshare.

15. Vondox

Vondox

No, enviro don't uses the values directly from profile. That way you could drive all values in runtime or tweak settings without messing up your profile. Enviro will copy values from profile when clicking on "Load from Profile". and only writes changes to currently assigned profile when clicking on "Save to Profile".

16. VisualTech48

VisualTech48

I see, well how would I use my own noise texture and values? Via scripting directly or?

17. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry you currently can't change the 3d noise texture out of the box. You would need to modify the code in EnviroSkyRendering script.
    Search for:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. _noiseTexture
    The values can be changed in runtime or in "Edit Profile" section -> "Volume Lighting" category on EnviroSky inspector.

For runtime changes check this class variables:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. EnviroSky.instance.volumeLightSettings.

18. marcatore

marcatore

@Vondox
    At the moment , could volume clouds be rendered in the reflection probe? If not, is it planned?
    If I'm not in trouble, when I set the Clouds mode to Volume they are not rendered in the reflection probe, if I set "both" you add the "flat" mode the volume one and in the reflection probe I can see them (just the flat ones).
    This, at the moment, seems to be the only method to have a visual link from how clouds I see in the sky and what I see in the reflection probe.
    If volume clouds will be to much performance expensive, what do you think to have an option to have the "Flat" ones reflected but not visible? This, because I really like the volume clouds but when you add the Flat ones it's not so great to see but could be good to have them just in the reflections.

19. Vondox

Vondox

Okay, took some time but I found the issue why volume lighting doesn't showed up in builds.
    Sorry for the inconvience, was totally my fault! :D

Fix will be included in 2.0.2 update. For now just open the EnviroFogRendering.shader and search for this line:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma shader_feature ENVIROVOLUMELIGHT
    change to:

Code (CSharp):
    1. #pragma multi_compile ENVIROVOLUMELIGHT

20. Vondox

Vondox

I will have a look to find a good way to add volume clouds in reflections probes in one of the next updates. (Not in 2.0.2, planned to finally release next week). Also like your idea to have an option for cheap flat relfections! Will check it out.

21. madsnowman

madsnowman

Perfect! Thanks so much for the quick fix! I just tested this on my end and it works beautifully.

Vondox likes this.
  22. madsnowman

madsnowman

Thanks for the tip! I already organize my project structure with "_" before all local folders, and luckily haven't been burned in quite a while on that particular issue. :)

23. blitzvb

blitzvb

is it possible to disable enviro but keep the lighting? I want to only activate the clouds and so forth only when it's visible from a top down view (disabled) to a FPS view (activated)? is it fast or there is hang up?

In the demo that you provide, VSync is enabled right? I am at 60 fps constant... no matter what quality I choose.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  24. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

In both EnviroFogRendering and EnviroFogRenderingSimple?

25. onkelv

onkelv

Hi, i also bought the package and need multicamera support.
    I hope somebody can help me.

Greetings Onkelv

26. Vondox

Vondox

Sure you could do that! You should disable the clouds and set the camera clearflag to "Solid Color" when you in top down view.

Code (CSharp):
    1.             //Disable Clouds
    2.             EnviroSky.instance.cloudsMode = EnviroSky.EnviroCloudsMode.None;
    3.             //Enable Clouds
    4.             EnviroSky.instance.cloudsMode = EnviroSky.EnviroCloudsMode.Volume;
    5.             //Disable Skybox
    6.             EnviroSky.instance.PlayerCamera.clearFlags = CameraClearFlags.SolidColor;
    7.             //Enable Skybox
    8.             EnviroSky.instance.PlayerCamera.clearFlags = CameraClearFlags.Skybox;
    9.             //Disable/Enable LightShafts
    10.             EnviroSky.instance.LightShafts.sunLightShafts = false;
    11.             EnviroSky.instance.LightShafts.moonLightShafts = false;
    Sounds like that you are using vsync. That setting is not realted to enviro as it is a project setting! (Edit -> Project Settings -> Quality)
    upload_2018-1-6_23-21-12.png

blitzvb likes this.
  27. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, change that in both shaders. :)

28. Vondox

Vondox

Just add the "Additional Camera" component to your other camera. That's all. :)
    (Component -> Enviro -> Additional Camera)

29. onkelv

onkelv

Thx for the quick answer it is possible to add a Camera programatically and then tell enviro it is an additional Camera?

Sorry silly question: Just found out that i just can add the component. ;-)

30. blitzvb

blitzvb

Thanks for your answer.

I didn’t buy yet so I was talking about your demo ;) but I reached a decision and I am going to buy it.

31. GamePowerNetwork

GamePowerNetwork

Hi @Vondox This asset is amazing.. worth every dime!

I have a question about VR support. Everything looks fine until I add clouds. The resolution of the sky (mainly volume clouds in the distance) looks very blurry and pixelated. Is there a way to increase the sky resolution?

Also remember VR comes with three cameras (right, left and center). The Enviro effect is only applied to one and I'm using the center "eye" camera. (which is where I also add post processing effects)

32. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

please send me a private message and I can send you a download link to 2.0.2 update. This one have multiple improvements for VR. New default vr volume cloud settings, vr weather presets, weather effects, fixes for low resolution image in hmd and singlepass lightshafts.

You also can tweak the clouds in current version when setting them to "Custom" quality. Lower the "Clouds Top Height" and lower the "Raymarch Steps" to gain performance. Then you could lower the "Cloud Render Resolution" to maybe 2-3 to have them rendered in higher resolution.

You also could take a look in your weather presets and raise the "Sky Fog intensity". That will hide the far distance clouds at horizon.

nirvanajie and Ascensi like this.
  33. WatchYourVector

WatchYourVector

Hello,

I noticed an issue that only happens with snow particles falling in front of objects that have some transparent material applied to them. When it's right in front of the transparent section, you can see the whole square texture belonging to the snow particle, as if you were looking at it from the Scene view in Unity. Otherwise the snow looks fine. I have fog and shadows turned off.

Any idea what may be causing this?

34. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! I will investigate that issue. Do you use the standard shader in your transparent materials?

35. WatchYourVector

WatchYourVector

Just checked my glass material, and it does indeed say Shader: Standard, in the inspector at the bottom. It's happening with both an object I made myself in Blender, as well as with one purchased off of the Unity Asset Store.

36. onkelv

onkelv

Hi again,

I am using Enviro together with Ceto and see a strange artifact when the boat looks up.
    Thought about the far clip plane but that doesn't change a thing. I hope again that somebody can help me to find a solution.
    cetoEnviro.png

37. rgjones

rgjones

Do you support Single Pass Instanced in 2017.3+?

38. sammi32

sammi32

Hello,

First Enviro is a very wonderfull Asset , it look very awesome, thank you for your work, i am very happy with with Product.

Also the Intigraions and (Photon) the Modular System, a great Think.

Ok now my Question:

Can i use Volumetric Fog and Mist with Enviro and then, how?
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/49858

Have you any Idea :)

Thanky you and best regards
    Sammi

39. Vondox

Vondox

Please contact me in a private message. I don't have ceto package, so we may need to meet in skype for example and have screenshare.

40. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, currently not supported. I just tested quickly, but I will have a detailed look how we need to modify our image effects to support that mode next week.

So for now you need to stick to normal singlepass mode.

41. Vondox

Vondox

Hello Sammi,

that one is on my list for future integrations. But I don't have a copy of Volumetric Fog and Mist at the moment. If it is working together fine out of the box, (I don't have any reports that it won't work) you most likely only want to synchronize the time of day (colors) and maybe a few weather conditions. But of course this requires some scripting experience.

Here is a quick example to get color from gradient based on sun position with enviro:

Code (CSharp):
    1. using System.Collections;
    2. using System.Collections.Generic;
    3. using UnityEngine;
    5. public class EnviroColorGradient : MonoBehaviour {
    7.     public Gradient timeOfDayColor;
    9.     [Header("OUTPUT")]
    10.     public Color outputColor;
    12.     void Update ()
    13.     {
    14.         outputColor = timeOfDayColor.Evaluate(EnviroSky.instance.GameTime.solarTime);
    15.     }
    16. }
    For intensity/density you can use the unity fog settings:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float fogDensity = RenderSettings.fogDensity;
    If you are confident to create such a component, you can contact me for help.

Best Regards,
    Hendrik

42. sammi32

sammi32

Hi Hendrik,

thank you for your Quick Answer, i try this
    have a Great day.

Best Regards
    Sammi

43. clickmatch

clickmatch

Dev dropped Ceto like a year ago. Too bad. Man was I ticked. Still ticked. ITS Too soon.

44. Paratope

Paratope

Hi Vondox,

I sent you a private message about possibly getting access to the upcoming Enviro update soon because we could use the VR related optimizations you are implementing. We own the asset, and the current version has several VR related issues.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  45. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

Have you heard about SRP's? Will you make a port of enviro to work with HD pipeline?

46. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

Hey vondox,

some questions to the interior please. It works already well, but not perfect.
    If I am interior, I always want to turn off ambient sounds!
    If I am interior and Underground (own variable) I want to turn off ambient sounds and turn off skybox (or black) and turn on fog.

So if I enter an interior I always do like this:

Code (CSharp):
    2.     Globals.SetInterior();
    3.     EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().Enter ();
    Code (CSharp):
    1.     public static void SetInterior()
    2.     {
    3.         if (Globals.IsUnderground) { // Darker, use light and skybox modifications. no weather effects
    4.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().fog = true;
    5.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().directLighting = true;
    6.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientLighting = true;
    7.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().skybox = true;
    8.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().weatherEffects = true;
    9.         }
    10.         else { // light and skybox like outside
    11.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().fog = false;
    12.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().directLighting = false;
    13.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().ambientLighting = false;
    14.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().skybox = false;
    15.             EnviroSky.instance.GetComponent<EnviroInterior> ().weatherEffects = false;
    16.         }
    17.     }
    When I am interior, I still hear ambient sounds, why?

My interior Standard Looks like this:
    upload_2018-1-14_13-4-3.png

Or is there a way to create two interior profiles?

Thanks!

47. Firlefanz73

Firlefanz73

It is working now! The Code was correct, I was missing one Interior Enter :)

48. jlpeyton

jlpeyton

Hello.

Does anyone know what would cause this and if there's a setting to remove or at least reduce the streaks of light?

streaks.JPG

49. Vondox

Vondox

Yea! At some point I want to support the new render pipeline in unity.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Okay cool! I am not sure if you already noticed, but you don't need to turn of the features in interior component when switching. There is a Exit() function aswell!