Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Enviro doesn't use any flares. Have you already tested to add the flare to the "Sun" transform in enviro and not using the "Direct Light" transform?

2. Vondox

Vondox

Do have set your camera clearflag to "Solid Color" = full black already?

3. Vondox

Vondox

I will investigate that in the next days. Haven't tested the teleport feature from steam vr yet.

4. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, please switch to deffered for now. In my tests it is working good in deffered, but fails in forward, with and without enviro. I have contacted Adam and Bart and we are investigating that issue now.

Please tell me your unity version and rendering api(DX11,DX9, OpenGl..), if you already set your camera to deffered rendering and it isn't working for you.

5. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

on gtx 960m, assets used in description.

Vondox likes this.
  6. Vondox

Vondox

Nice! :)
    One thing: Do you have another directional light in your scene? You want to deactivate that, as enviro already includes a directional light. The night is looking too bright and it will cost you performance with two directional lights.

7. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Ye i see now :D. It would be cool if we have "Add enviro to the scene" from the menu and it deletes all other directional lights etc., so retards like me wont forget to delete them hehe :D

8. Vondox

Vondox

Hehe, yea that is a good idea! Currently only available with GAIA. But I will have a look to include a menu in one of the next updates. :)

9. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Btw. I love the first shot :). Those lightshafts when the sun is rising, really good job with Enviro @Vondox . After deleting additional directional light, it looks even more impressive :), i will try to upload a fixed video today after work. I love that even when using the volumetric clouds on low, they look great with a pinch of DoF and the performance is almost the same as with the flat only clouds :).

10. ranaUK

ranaUK

Hi @Vondox, couple of quick questions: finally got around to play with Enviro. (1) is there an up-to date manual (web pdf is for 1.8); (2) Volumetric lights - is it supported? ie. I add a spot light in the scene and I would see the ray like god-ray or light shaft?

PS: Figured out volume light; I had to add that component to my light.

PS: What does LightShafts do? I get missing shader error in unity 2017.3

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  11. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Man i can't handle it ! :) At morning hours, Enviro is F***ing amaizing !

Last edited: Dec 23, 2017
    Vondox likes this.
  12. gecko

gecko

@Vondox : you're still working on MicroSplat support (rain, puddles, snow), right? Any ETA on that?

13. Bero89

Bero89

Hello, i have follow Problem:

I Import Enviro on the Project and take the Prefab "EnviroSky" on the Hierarchy when i click Play become Error:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroZone.CreateZoneWeatherTypeList () (at Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroZone.cs:146)

I have alreade Removed and new Import and erverthing the self Error.
    The Default Zone exists and try new Zone don´t work.
    I hav no Cloud´s on the Game.

Sorry for my bad English.
    And thanks for Help.

14. Salja

Salja

i have same issues

15. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Vondox likes this.
  16. Pettie88

Pettie88

17. Vondox

Vondox

Hm no ETA yet, I will add Microsplat integration in 2.1 update.

Aubrey-Falconer, LukeDawn and gecko like this.
  18. Vondox

Vondox

Could be a bug, I will investigate. For now please try following:

Take a look in default zone inspector (The one that is attached on EnviroSky object.)
    Please try to remove weatherpresets from that list until it only have the clear one added ad retest. If it works add the others one by one.

upload_2017-12-27_15-55-34.png

Bero89 likes this.
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,
    do you use the unity terrain tree feature to render your trees and are these trees no speedtree?
    The unity billboard shader had quite a few problems with depth based image effects. Best alternative for now would be using a third party vegetation system from asset store.

20. Pettie88

Pettie88

Well the Trees are placed by Gaia and the Trees are from that Asset
    https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/58429

21. Pettie88

Pettie88

22. Bero89

Bero89

Yes it Works now! Thanks for the Help.
    @Vondox

23. bteitler

bteitler

I'm having issues with major color banding on night time settings. This is especially visible in virtual reality, especially on the horizon. I don't see banding artifacts at day time. I require a night time scene, so this is a major issue to me. It is hard to tell, but it appears the banding is baked into the skybox material that is dynamically generated I assume? It doesn't seem there is anything I can do in settings to prevent this, but hoping for suggestions. Screenshot attached.

Thanks,
    Ben

Attached Files:

24. LukeDawn

LukeDawn

Excellent. Microsplat, Vegetation Studio, and upcoming Sentieri are great terrain tools to work alongside Enviro

25. Artur7

Artur7

Yes I do. And I still have this issue

26. Cecrit

Cecrit

Hey, great asset, really loving what you can do with it!
    Unfortunately I have a problem in a standalone build. I noticed some stuttering in the performance and decided to profile it. The Profiler showes that EnvrioSky.Update() causes spikes in the CPU time (The GPU spikes seen in the image are not always present when the cpu spikes). In those moments it takes up about 80% of the cpu time.
    Any form of time progression, weather change or season change has been deactivated. Heavy Snow is the used wether present. Changing the clouds from Volume to Flat dosnt change a thing. Anyone had this problem before or knows how to improve the performance?

Attached Files:

27. Vondox

Vondox

I also noticed banding at night on my rift, I will work on that and improve in next update!

28. Vondox

Vondox

Oh, that is strange! Never noticed or heard about that issue. What unity version you built with?

29. Cecrit

Cecrit

Maybe I will do another build in an older version tomorrow to see if that changes something, because I can't remember having this problem before..

30. mattis89

mattis89

Thanks! Should I make a new layer for Satelites too? They are on "debris" wich is Aquas--

31. mattis89

mattis89

How can I change the "Rain Drops"? How do I make them collide?

32. Vondox

Vondox

The rain drop splashes are a child of the rain particle systems. I already gave a quick instruction to setup particle collisions here in forum. (Search for "collision" in thread search box). :)

BackwoodsGaming and mattis89 like this.
  33. mattis89

mattis89

34. eaque

eaque

Hi, sorry if i missed it thru the thread, but trying microsplat shader, the terrain is all dark when light decrease a little, is it a known issue?
    thx in advance

35. Vondox

Vondox

That one is new too me and I know a few users using microsplat + enviro. Not really sure what this could be... :(

36. eaque

eaque

Thanks anyway i use cts but wanted to test microsplat....test is over real soon! lol

37. secondsight_

secondsight_

Hey, I can´t seem to find the playmaker actions. Should they appear in the actions tab ? Are they installed with enviro ?

38. Vondox

Vondox

Please take a look in Enviro -> Scripts -> Playmaker Integration folder. Unzip the archive and the actions should appear in playmaker browser under enviro category.

39. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Sorry if asking retarded question, as i am not an expert for Unity. Is realy Skybox Ambient that performance consuming ? I saw it updates dynamic GI, is there any way to optimize it ? It goes like from 60fps to 20 in my case on this scene :D

40. Vondox

Vondox

Hm, when you stop time progressing is your fps normal again? It only should do updates every ~6 minutes (gametime).

41. Rastapastor

Rastapastor

Hmm that might be the case, since in simulation i set 30 mins as a day time :). I will just stick to flat color :). I guess it fakes the skybox in default setting ?

Small forrest

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    D3Duck likes this.
  42. f3flight

f3flight

@Vondox I'm looking for a Sky+cloud solution for a scene located *above* the clouds. I.e. I need realistic clouds below, and maybe around (afar), and maybe a bit above as well, and correctly lit by sun, w. day/night cycle - like a skybox which is visible in all directions, and not only above the ground. Smth like this skybox https://d2ujflorbtfzji.cloudfront.n...df1ff2-fb93-4901-8a45-fdff4ea8f87b_scaled.jpg, but dynamic.

Will Enviro work for such case? If so, can you post a demo video of how it may look?

43. SirTwistedStorm

SirTwistedStorm

Based on the image you linked I believe you would need to use more than one asset,
    I'd say Fog volume 3 combined with Enviro should get the job done. http://u3d.as/Jn5

Vondox likes this.
  44. Artur7

Artur7

@Vondox, can you help me with that issue I mentioned on previous page?

45. ohbado

ohbado

Hello. Enviro is a very good asset!
    But I have one question.

I would like to add a lens flare object to Enviro's sun object. I want to culling the lens flare when volume clouds hide the sun.
    Please tell me how to raycasting with volume clouds.

46. Waterlane

Waterlane

Hi, I'm getting the following error for Enviro with Unity2017.3
    I saved/backedup my old EnviroProfile/WeatherPreset and deleted Enviro from my Project. Downloaded and imported v2.0.1 - then copied back/reloaded my profile/preset... So it should all be up to date with no legacy files?

Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSkyRendering.cs(719,90): warning CS0618: `UnityEngine.Rendering.GraphicsDeviceType.Direct3D9' is obsolete: `Direct3D 9 is no longer supported in Unity 2017.2+'

I thought the latest release fixed this?
    If this is just to support older editors then no worries. :)

47. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report! I will fix that error in 2017.3 in next update!

For now you could open the EnviroSkyRendering script and search for this line:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SystemInfo.graphicsDeviceType == UnityEngine.Rendering.GraphicsDeviceType.Direct3D9
    You should find two entries first entry just remove this:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. SystemInfo.graphicsDeviceType == UnityEngine.Rendering.GraphicsDeviceType.Direct3D9 ||
    On the second remove the complete if-statement:
    Code (CSharp):
    1.             if(SystemInfo.graphicsDeviceType == UnityEngine.Rendering.GraphicsDeviceType.Direct3D9)
    2.                 volumeLighting = false;

Waterlane likes this.
  48. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry currently not possible with enviro alone. But like SirTwistedStorm mentioned you could use fog volume 3 with enviro. There is an integration component included to synchronize the weather and time of day with fog volume.

49. Vondox

Vondox

Please check you inbox here in forum! I contacted you a few days ago.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry, that is currently not supported out of the box. Off the top of my head I am not sure how to support that kind of behavior with unity lens flares.