Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

That was the reason I didn't notice it was similar behavior to the earlier post. I didn't see any console errors at all.

2. gecko

gecko

if YolanOTHER can't do that soon, I can -- got to download v2 into a project first...

3. gecko

gecko

yes, same here unfortunately -- there are no console errors, just a pink sky.

4. YolanOTHER

YolanOTHER

Gecko, you should probably give it a try. I didn't see any errors on the console at all. I just switched back to metal to test and confirm. I got the pink sky and again got no errors. I forgot I'm on the 2017.3 beta so maybe something there is keeping the errors from showing up (might also explain why metal isn't working).

^ hehe, @gecko beat me to it :)

5. Vondox

Vondox

Hm okay, please contact me if someone have some time to do some testing on metal over skype. Also please try to deactivate volume lighting and volume clouds and check if that will solve the issues.

6. gecko

gecko

I'm on 2017.2.

Volume Clouds is the culprit -- I only get pink sky when they're enabled. Volume Lighting and Flat Clouds both look good. So that's good news, in that at very worst I can use profiles/platform detection to avoid the problem, but obviously it would be nice to get Volume Clouds working on Metal. I'd be happy to help debug over Skype -- I'll PM you.

Vondox likes this.
  7. gecko

gecko

But man those volume clouds look fantastic...

8. Vondox

Vondox

I will work on that on monday and try to fix volume clouds in metal. Already fixed dx9 errors and other issues posted here on my side. One note on DX9 volume lighting will be deactivated as it needs at least shader model 3.5. All other features are fully supported now on DX9.

I will release an update once metal issues fixed asap.

BackwoodsGaming likes this.
  9. rasto61

rasto61

The problem likely is that in the enviro sky rendering component on the camera is missing:
    Clouds Map and Clouds Material

will check and confirm

10. Vondox

Vondox

Nope, I just forgot to remove them.:D So not needed and already changed on my side.

11. rasto61

rasto61

If I remove the sky rendering component, the sky is no longer pink:
    Screen Shot 2017-11-18 at 10.28.35 PM.png

I only get the cirrus clouds though. No matter what I change in the clouds tab in the weather preset

12. GarretPolk

GarretPolk

When cloud shadows are on (and cloudy) a grid pattern can appear in the sky. This depends on the Far Clip and Field Of View settings.

70 FoV, 5000 Far Clip (it looks like this down to about 2300)
    enviro cloud shadows 5000 far clip.jpg

150 FoV, 1000 Far Clip
    enviro cloud shadows 1000 far clip.jpg

13. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Hello I have a question I dont see it in docs, What exactly gives render background setting in enviro? Also I saw some AQUAS update to work with enviro but what with river shader of aquas does it work with that? Last question, any instruction how to update from 1.9 , just override package or remove whole old enviro, How to keep the same or similar settings?

14. Vondox

Vondox

Yea, I noticed that one too and already fixed it on my side. Please set the "ShadowCasting" mode to "Shadows Only" and set x-rotation to 180 in "CloudShadows" object on "EnviroSky" prefab.

15. Vondox

Vondox

Hello,

the background settings was removed in 2.0 as it isn't needed anymore.

You can use the aquas guide for river shader too.

Backup your 1.9.1 profile and delete enviro folder. After that import 2.0.0, replace envirosky prefab in your scene with new one and assign your 1.9.1 profile in EnviroSky inspector and a new button named "Update Profile" should appear. Click on that and you should be done.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2017
  16. maxaud

maxaud

Getting a few errors while building for PS4. I don't have Enviro in the scene, just have it imported to my project.
    Shader error in 'Enviro/SkyboxFlatClouds': Program 'frag', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 4 possible candidates: at line 128 (on ps4)

Compiling Fragment program with UNITY_COLORSPACE_GAMMA
    Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Shader error in 'Enviro/SkyboxFlatClouds': Program 'frag', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at line 133 (on ps4)

Platform defines: UNITY_ENABLE_REFLECTION_BUFFERS UNITY_USE_DITHER_MASK_FOR_ALPHABLENDED_SHADOWS UNITY_PBS_USE_BRDF1 UNITY_SPECCUBE_BOX_PROJECTION UNITY_SPECCUBE_BLENDING UNITY_ENABLE_DETAIL_NORMALMAP UNITY_LIGHT_PROBE_PROXY_VOLUME UNITY_LIGHTMAP_RGBM_ENCODING
    Shader error in 'Enviro/SkyboxFlatClouds': Program 'frag', ambiguous call to 'lerp'. Found 3 possible candidates: at line 145 (on ps4)

and many more wherever lerp is used with mixed non-floats are used.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  17. Teila

Teila

Vondox, wanted to share a pretty screenshot I grabbed while in play mode tweaking textures. Looked up and had to keep it! Of course it uses Envro! Screen Shot 11-18-17 at 12.51 PM.PNG

18. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Thanks for reply. Did you maybe contacted AQUAS dev maybe he will preapre some update with shaders compatible with enviro ready in package ? :)

Rowlan likes this.
  19. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks for your report. I don't have a ps4 dev kit so very helpfull for me. I will fix these errors in next update. :)

20. Belfis

Belfis

How can i use Enviro with terraincomposer 2? if i made multiple terrain, cloud hemisphere is smaller that i need.. And I just can not get the size I need. Can i do something with this?

21. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

22. Vondox

Vondox

Do you already check the clouds custom quality? There is a slider for clouds world scale.

upload_2017-11-20_18-2-32.png

23. ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

ThermodynamicsMakesMeHot

Anyone with any insight?

Eviro VS Skymaster Ultimate

Anyone have any comparison or input?

24. Vondox

Vondox

The webGL build is from an older version. I will upload a new one with enviro 2.0 later.

Currently flythroughs are not supported out of the box. But maybe you could use Fog Volume 3 with the included integration to have flythrough volumetric clouds.

25. DigitalAdam

DigitalAdam

Let me know when you have a 2.0 WebGL available to preview please. If it looks good I'll pick it up!

Vondox likes this.
  26. ChameleonPower3DDev

ChameleonPower3DDev

Hello!

First of all, this is a great plugin! I am running into an issue that I haven't been able to figure out just yet and there isn't much I've been able to find to help me troubleshoot what's happening. I have a project with several individual scenes -- in one scene, Enviro is working perfectly well; cloud volumes, light shafts, fog, etc. In the second scene, none of it is working. I've tried creating individual profiles, re-importing from the asset store and not deleting the file...nothing has worked. Another clue, in the scene that works, the Show Weather Map Preview has a procedural map in it, in the scene that doesn't work, the weather map preview is black.

I've been back and forth to check settings between both scenes and there isn't anything I can find that's wrong. Any suggestions?

27. Vondox

Vondox

Please double check if you have assigned the correct camera/player. Also check your camera, there should be three enviro components on it. Is the EnviroSkyRendering component active?

28. ChameleonPower3DDev

ChameleonPower3DDev

Yes, EnviroSkyRendering component is active. It's a VR project and we're using VRTK. I'm testing via the fallback wasd key player and camera but the components assigned correctly to both scenes -- one of the scenes just doesn't work.

Also, we tried to turn on single pass in Enviro and in XR settings in Unity and we had a terrible seam between both eyes -- any suggestion as to how we can stitch that up? (This was with a VR headset, not the fall back wasd key player for VRTK)

29. Vondox

Vondox

What Unity version? 2017.2+ have something messed up in singlepass. Please set volume lighting resolution to full or deactivate it for now. Unfortunaly I Haven't found a workaround for that yet.

I currently don't know why or Breaks in your second scene. Feel free to send me a private message with your skype name and we can meet for a more detailed look into your scene via screenshare.

30. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

I upgraded to 2.0 and I'm not happy. First of all I see some strips glitches on night sky, secondary mylux trasnsapretns shaders dont get fog from enviro and ooks now bad.... I see that there are some enviro shaders but after change I have to put there evey texture again... also I would to use lux shader its better and I need double sided rendering that lux offer. Why there is alpha shader problem? Next thing is that in editor I see black skyall the time, and cant even set light, changing time of day change nothing in lighting in editor. In 1.9 it was possible, Could you please help me, Also fog is much more strange than in earlier enviro. Also is there any updated documentation about enviro? To version 1.9 wasvery poor not explained many things is there god doc to 2.0?

31. Vondox

Vondox

Could you please send me a screenshot with your stripes glitches. Maybe it is related to the noise. Take a look in sky category of your profile last two settings.

To get proper fog on your lux shader you would need to add a few lines to the shader to display fog and volume lighting correctly. If you was happy with the way 1.9 applied fog on your transparent materials you also can have a look in EnviroSkyRendering component and comment the line:
    [ImageEffectOpaque]
    to this:
    //[ImageEffectOpaque]

Strange I can set time of day and see the skybox in editor. Do you see same issue in sample scene? It really should work. The completly new doc is currently on work. But first I want to release an update with a lot of fixes in the next days.

32. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2017-11-20_22-33-47.png upload_2017-11-20_22-34-30.png

as you se diferent time but the same shadow lighting, also i dont get thing with gfog now, it is very hard to set it I mean I have to set fog to 0.00001 to get small amout of fog I need, Overall Good job because everything llooks more natural, But clouds from distance looks like they have some mimpaping? I mean they have a little bit pixelation during camera movement, I dont see that when I increase FOV, but on wider FOV there is sometging with clouds. Please is there any documentation, here is so muc hnew features i dont want to ask about everything. Its starnge but it now started to work with lux normally.

these are clouds from wide angle tehy are starange pixel movement on corner like mipamps
    upload_2017-11-20_22-41-4.png

upload_2017-11-20_22-42-30.png
    shorter angle seems to have the same pixel effect but visible less because of bigger clouds, dont know how to say it. IT should looks better from wide angle and worst in short angle, and there is other wise, maybe just settings? better performance is to use both volumetric and flat clouds? or jsut volumetric

ant there is a black sky glitch upload_2017-11-20_22-45-55.png

Do you see that stripes like in old Tv ? I think there is some noise effect good look from wide angle but when I'm making dynamic fov it starts to look like that ;)

Overall good job because volumetric clouds look amazing scattering too, but there is too much unknown for me and few bugs. Thanks I hope you could help

P.S this white dot is my game cursor so this is not a glitch ;) or total white moon

33. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

What about flickering clouds, It was settings of raymarh steps, but tehre should be option to connect that settings with camera fov, because with closer fow it is more visible, so then it should for example increase it value, I think we will preapre something like that. It really needs documentation ;) Clouds on Ultra looks great but drop from 100 to 20 fps. I think we could preapre medium quality that looks like high but without drop on fps, good that there are custo msettings ;) Overall it looks fluent like old clouds and great but just dont knwo that I have to use volumetric cloud to get normal cloud look just decrease height etc ;)

This is my exeption why sun and light dont work in editort

CheckResources () for MainCamera (EnviroFog) should be overwritten.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    EnviroEffects:CheckResources() (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Effects/EnviroEffects.cs:79)
    EnviroEffects:Start() (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Effects/EnviroEffects.cs:86)

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    EnviroSky.SetupShader (Single setup) (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1474)
    EnviroSky.CalculateSunPosition (Single d, Single ecl) (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1684)
    EnviroSky.UpdateSunAndMoonPosition () (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1604)
    EnviroSky.Update () (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/EnviroSky.cs:1338)

P.S there is now no stndard clouds as flat clouds I see only some soft clouds as flat there is flat louds like inviro 1.9 and why flat clouds are changing so fast? ? Also there is no wind in weather profile?

34. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2017-11-20_23-43-44.png
    waiting for your fixes, and documentation because it is needed to proper optimizatin of settings ;)

P.S problem with not moving light in editor is only in my scene in demo scene is ok dont know why

Vondox likes this.
  35. tapawafo

tapawafo

36. Vondox

Vondox

Oh I see you are using assignonruntime feature. I already fixed that issue/error. The update will be released this week. New/updated documentation too.

Different clouds can be selected in feature category. The wind settings are the same like in 1.9.0 and still can be controlled in weatherpresets.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Yes, the fog supports atmospheric scattering, but enviro currently don't have this nice blurring effect.

However I don't see a problem using smss with enviro. But I haven't tested that in 2.0 yet.

tapawafo likes this.
  38. tapawafo

tapawafo

Thanks for the fast response! Maybe I'll try SMSS with enviro - my issue at the moment is that I have yet to find a fix for SMSS's conflict with VR (it inverts the image) and have had little luck so far in finding the problem. Of course, I don't expect you to fix that. ;) I'll keep fiddling with it and see if I can get it working.

39. zmaxz

zmaxz

SMSS seems can`t work with Enviro2.0 .

40. gghitman69

gghitman69

hello I can not adjust the storm mode I can not see the clouds everything is gray even removing the fog
    in the old version have seen them better

41. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

Assign on runtime? What do you mean? Also I have a question becasue enviro has global reflections, controled by script what kind of kontrol is it and could I add there for example ground to culling mask, I would to create more advance global reflection than only sky. Will it be ok if I do that? Thanks

and what with that warining:
    CheckResources () for MainCamera (EnviroFog) should be overwritten.
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogWarning(Object)
    EnviroEffects:CheckResources() (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Effects/EnviroEffects.cs:79)
    EnviroEffects:Start() (at assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/Effects/EnviroEffects.cs:86)
    ?

42. Jakub_Machowski

Jakub_Machowski

upload_2017-11-21_13-38-57.png

Oh and why tehre is outline around trees cutout shader this is speedtree shader. is ther any settings to avoid or decrease that effect?
    upload_2017-11-21_13-40-19.png

43. Deleted User

Deleted User

With VRPanorama, i've this issues with 360 picture.

Attached Files:

44. Amvient

Amvient

I have a quick question, should I need to get a program like this one "lighting box 2", to complement Enviro, or should not be needed?

45. Rowlan

Rowlan

Yes, you should. But not because of Enviro, but because of everything else. It makes a lot of difference. It does have an impact on performance though.

46. claudius_I

claudius_I

Hi
    There is a bug when start night.
    all is illuminated. (white)
    not always happen.

47. Vondox

Vondox

Please check the storm weather preset and lower the "Coverage Height" in "Clouds" section for example. You also maybe want to increase the "SkyFog Height" in "Fog" section..

48. Vondox

Vondox

You have "AssignOnRuntime" enabled in "Player and Camera Setup" category. That is only needed when you want to search your camera and player by tag. If you have them assigned by hand you could disable that.

You can remove the EnviroFog component on your camera. Not needed anymore. The "Global Reflection Probe" is a child on the EnviroSky object. There you can add layers to be added to the reflections.

49. Vondox

Vondox

I have checked that in a scene without enviro using the "Default Skybox" and I see no difference in SpeedTree shading. Doesn't look like that it is related to enviro. But what unity version and are you on deffered? Just to be sure.

50. Vondox

Vondox

Please contact me on my support mail. I am not really sure why it breaks and I need some more information.