Search Unity

[RELEASED] Enviro - Sky and Weather (Dynamic Sky and Weather System)

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Vondox, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Bruce,

happy to hear that you like the improvements :)

Do you instantiate your camera in runtime? Have you tried to add the enviro components to your camera prefab yourself? Just looked in code and if you add the components yourself it should work and they should not being touched and destroy your order.

But an event could be a nice thing to add in next update. Good idea :)

Last edited: Aug 2, 2017
  2. BruceBarratt

BruceBarratt

I don't instantiate it at runtime so I could add the components. I did think of this for a moment but brushed it off as probably breaking things, and the damage not being obvious at first. Sounds lazy but I'm trying to do so many other things at once. Great to know I can do this safely. Thanks for your help :). Yes, again I'm so pleased with this asset and it's development path. Great work!

3. Vondox

Vondox

Hehe, no problem!

4. evilangel89

evilangel89

You should raise the price man. 1.9 sets a new standard for weather systems. Great work with the profiles. Now Enviro is properly organized!

Vondox likes this.
  5. Vondox

Vondox

Thanks, hehe I just raised the price a few months ago, haven't planned to raise again soon. Maybe in future ;)
    Happy to hear that the profile system is working well for you. I also think it's a really great addition and great improvement.

evilangel89 likes this.
  6. Wiser

Wiser

Downloaded the update. Everything in the scene is purple when I run it. Something from another package must have interfered with something in your product. Not sure what it was but I downloaded the updated EnviroSky in a clean package and no purple. I am using 2017 btw.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2017
  7. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Wiser,

Have you already tried to delete the old enviro folder before importing new version and are there any errors in console?

8. Wiser

Wiser

I just made a new project.
    No errors, but I previously pulled in a couple packages that could have overwritten something. Another question....When you put the prefab in your scene, the scene immediately turns black. Makes it kind of hard to see when doing things in the scene.

9. Wiser

Wiser

Just put a terrain into the scene. Can't see it. You can't see white. Textured it and now I can see it. What up wit dat :)

10. Freznosis

Freznosis

Your camera and player has to be set in the references so that Enviro can render the skybox. Set the references and then toggle the Enviro prefab off then back on and it should be ok. As a work around I have the player and camera references set to my camera and then when I instantiate my player at runtime I just replace the reference on Enviro through code.

11. Wiser

Wiser

Everything is still all black.

12. Wiser

Wiser

Not when you run it, only in the editor.

13. Freznosis

Freznosis

It'll stay black if you use "Assign On Runtime" which is why I told you the workaround I am using by replacing the player reference at runtime.

14. Wiser

Wiser

When you go into lighting, it had an enviroskybox material in it. That is what is making it black. Normally it has the defaultskybox and it changes when you run it. But if you change it to defaultskybox, you can see the horizon, but it immediately changes back.

15. Wiser

Wiser

Well that is something that was changed in this update which is why I put it on here. Thought they might want to know that it broke something.

16. Vondox

Vondox

Hi Wiser,

Have you already watched the getting started video I posted the page before? When you try to setup enviro the same way you should not have black editor preview.
    I will work on a solution to have correct preview in editor when using AssignOnRuntime too in next update.

17. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Is there any intent to incorporate AQUAS into this? I have just purchased this and cant get it to work with AQUAS. I have the same issue as a previous poster about it cutting the screen(map) off. I tried his work around but I am new and cant get it to work any ideas? Enviro issues.png ap) off.

18. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

I am currently working on AQUAS Integration and I am in contact with dogmatic to work on a flawless experience using our assets together. Update should be release soon.

For now please download the script attached to fix the issue on your screenshots.This component will simply setup the workaround for you that I posted a few pages before.
    Import the script and add the new component to one of your gameobject.
    ("Components" -> "Enviro" -> "Utility" -> "Water Fog Support")
    Now you only need to assign your AQUAS Water Object at the "Water Object" field on the "Enviro Water Fog Support" component you added before.

Feel free to contact me if you still having issue.

Attached Files:

Teila and Freznosis like this.
  19. wmpunk

wmpunk

Just check out the new release, I really like how this asset has progressed since I first purchased it. I love the new menu design as well!

I can't seem to find the quality settings there used to be though, or the cloud mesh settings. Has this been removed? Enviro has amazing performance but there are 2 scenario's I found where performance can be noticeably impacted by it.
    Second camera rendering for things like reflection (aka. water) and large environment's where you might be using systems like AltTree or UNature to render hundreds of grass billboard's or trees. This seems to because the clouds are rendered on large meshes. By itself its fine but once you combine the facts that all the cloud mesh triangles are being rendered despite the visibility, and reflection camera rendering again, and then all the (hundreds,thousands) of instanced tree/grass triangles in view then performance can definitely be noticeably effected by the unseen triangles being rendered.

This I kind of a big suggestion but my I suggest adding a basic culling system to only render visible instanced cloud segments?

Edit:
    Ignore this sugestion, I just realized if only the visable areas of a cloud are drawn then how would they cast shadows?

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  20. Vondox

Vondox

Hi,

it's all still there. The clouds quality setting has been replaced with a render resolution slider. Higher value = lower resolution. Check this screenshot ;)

upload_2017-8-10_4-32-17.png

The cloud mesh settings are under "First Layer", "Second Layer" and so on. I am happy to hear that you like last update.

21. Wiser

Wiser

FYI, the Photon Integration has 13 errors in it after the update. Looks like mostly name changes. ID to Prefab, Prefab to Preset. Playing with it but no success yet :)

It actually on starts out with one error.
    Assets/Enviro - Dynamic Enviroment/Scripts/NetworkIntegration/EnviroPhotonIntegration.cs(83,27): error CS0246: The type or namespace name `SeasonVariables' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference?

Looking at the UNet one, they use EnviroSeasons instead of SeasonVariables. And if you change it to that one in Photon, it gives you 14 additional errors.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2017
  22. Wiser

Wiser

No luck. The VFX under the effects game object in the scene is not populating :) Must not have done it right.

23. Vondox

Vondox

Oh sorry, I must have messed this up and added the old photon integration component. I know I had updated it, so will have a look when I am back home and send you the right one.

24. Mighto360

Mighto360

Hello. Does Enviro support temperature? Thank you!

25. Wiser

Wiser

Thanks.

26. Vondox

Vondox

Sorry enviro currently doesn't simulate temperature. But I could add this in near future.

Please replace EnviroPhotonIntegration.cs in your project with the one attached. I only did a very quick test but seemed to work well. :)
    Sorry that I messed this up, but an update with a few fixes and new integrations will be released soon. The new clouds improvements will be delayed to 1.9.2.

Attached Files:

27. Wiser

Wiser

Still not populating the VFX folder while running in photon.

28. Vondox

Vondox

That is strange! Does this happen only when photon integration is activated? I just rechecked on my side and it is working correct for me. I don't think that the integration could break that... Oh and please check the EnviroZone component if weatherpresets are correctly assigned.
    Please feel free to send me an e-mail with further information and screenshots of your setup if you still having issues.

29. Mighto360

Mighto360

Thank you for the response! I would love a temperature simulation.

30. Wiser

Wiser

It works perfectly fine until I put on the photon integration.

31. Vondox

Vondox

Sure, it is on my list now ;)

32. Vondox

Vondox

I have send you a pm. I need more information about your project setup, can't reproduce this issue on my side...

33. Discord

Discord

Sorry if I'm completely missing it, but where is this window located? When I edit my profile, I don't see nearly that many options.

Also, where do we set the intensity for light rays now? I'm just seeing the ability to toggle it on and off via the Feature Controls.

Thanks!

34. Vondox

Vondox

That is the weatherpreset (weather prefab in 1.8). Take a look on EnviroSky component: "Edit Profile" category.

upload_2017-8-11_3-16-54.png

That are two different things. ;)

35. Discord

Discord

Oh goodness, no idea how I missed that. Thanks. :)

36. Mighto360

Mighto360

Is there a way to change the speed of weather transitions? I find that clouds roll in too fast and weather changes to suddenly.

EDIT: I've changed the transition speeds, but then lightning and sound effects start playing before the next weather is formed.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  37. Vondox

Vondox

Ah okay, thanks for reporting this. I will have a look and try to improve that in next udpate.

38. Mighto360

Mighto360

Wow, you really respond fast! That was the fastest support response I've gotten in a long time! Thanks.

39. Mighto360

Mighto360

I think I've got it almost worked out, except for figuring out how to call a function after clouds, fog, or effects have fully formed.

40. Vondox

Vondox

Nice! I could add an event that is triggered when weather fully changed. For now you maybe want simply compare the current values(first layer coverage, fog density, particle emission rate) with the maximum values of current weatherpreset.

41. Mighto360

Mighto360

Sounds good! Thank you for all your help!

42. Kolyasisan

Kolyasisan

Hello! I kinda have a problem. Let me explain. When you turn on Global Reflections to capture the skybox into cubemap, the sun disk is also being captured. However, this is a problem because sun disk's reflection is alrady being simulated through the directional light's specular highlight. Those two things get stacked, which creates unnatural and very bright response. It is a common process in the industry to remove sun disk from skybox textures because of that. Can you somehow fix this? Like, maybe rendering the sun as a mesh/sprite high up in the sky like moon and not render it inside the skybox? I mean, we still can get atmospheric scattering of the sun through the fog or dedicated atmospheric scattering, so I guess it should not be a problem. What do you think about it?

43. Discord

Discord

Just wanted to mention that Thunder SFX should really use the volume controls by default. It's jarring to have the Weather SFX set to 0, then have Thunder SFX at max volume regardless. Unless I'm completely missing another spot where you set that specifically.

44. Vondox

Vondox

Sure, I will have a look into this in one of the next updates. Thanks for mentioning. :)

Kolyasisan likes this.
  45. Vondox

Vondox

Oh good point! Will add thunder volume controls in next update.

46. Mighto360

Mighto360

I keep hearing about new features to be added in the next update. Is there an approximate release date for this update?

47. Vondox

Vondox

Should be online in the next days. This update also includes fixed/improved weather transition settings and a fix for the thunder issue you mentioned. I will post full changelog later.

48. Freshmeat911

Freshmeat911

Hey just wondering if there has been any changes to the "growth" system, because after following the manual I still cant get results. Yes its prob just me again but curious if there was an update that change something around that I may have missed?

49. Vondox

Vondox

Oh sorry that is a bug in current version. Will be fixed in next update that should be online in the next days.
    For now you can try to set the time to year 1 and set it back to what you want when update is released.

50. Vondox

Vondox

You have assigned the wrong camera. Assign the "world camera" and remove all the enviro components from "fp camera".
    You maybe need to set the fp camera clear flag to depth/don't clear and/or change the camera depth too.